Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Hearts In Ashes - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hearts In Ashes (178787 Views)

Mended Hearts / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Red Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 20, 2016
shilox:

Present Ma!
Darn, I got here so late. Wouldn't know how I'd have forgiven myself if missed out completely. Anyway, as they say, better late than never, I am here.
Good job Skarlet t!!

Thanks dear, and you're welcome
Re: Hearts In Ashes by yorhmienerd(m): 12:01pm On Oct 20, 2016
Captivating as usual. Skarlett pls accept my proposal na, Time is not by our side

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by MacBrooklyn: 12:05pm On Oct 20, 2016
Oshey Skarlett kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
well that update was slightly emotional..undecided undecided
Re: Hearts In Ashes by starboyflight(m): 3:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
Awwwn
Re: Hearts In Ashes by starboyflight(m): 3:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
I'm just like tunji. So sad
Re: Hearts In Ashes by tommynico(m): 4:31pm On Oct 20, 2016
Oya chop kisses...thanks for the mention. kiss kiss
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 20, 2016
When Tunji decides to let go of the grudge, Feyi will be starting her own. Chai! Life though

If you haven't received a letter from friends at Junior High, telling you they no longer eat with you during break hour, then you don't know life. Ask me

Still here Madam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by johnwizey: 7:41pm On Oct 20, 2016
jagugu88li:
If you haven't received a letter from friends at Junior High, telling you they no longer eat with you during break hour, then you don't know life. Ask me
Dis one na for una wey attend high standard schools. For my school you go just hear 'guy e be lyk say we no go dey run tinz together again o. As in we wan make u clear for our side, no dey follow us rap again'.
Letter ke!! who wan write am, hw we wan take start?

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:55pm On Oct 20, 2016
Overgrown babies these 2 undecided

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Missmossy(f): 9:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
Enthralling as usual,more wisom to you skarlett. Ride on dear!!

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 1:49am On Oct 21, 2016
skarlett:
Copyright ©2016 by Kelly Chikezie

All the characters in this book have no existence outside the imagination of the author, and have no relation whatsoever to anyone bearing the same name or names. They are not even distantly inspired by any individual known or unknown to the author, and all the incidents are pure invention.

All Rights Reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. The text of this publication or any part thereof may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, storage in an information retrieval system, or otherwise, without the written permission of the author.

. Advertise or sell your book.
1.Post a cover photo.
2.Tell us its genre.
3.Tell us what the book is about and why we
should buy it
4.Give us a link to download or buy it.
You can also give us sneek peaks of your up
coming books,show a scene or artwork from
your book and promote a book discount.

https://mobile./203031816788444?refid=18&ref=bookmarks&__tn__=C
Re: Hearts In Ashes by henrybomb(m): 7:00am On Oct 21, 2016
Skarlett killing it...nice story

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Khutie: 7:35am On Oct 21, 2016
Skarlett baby xowie I wahz late. Gbayara m. I've been busy lately. Nice story hun' .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 21, 2016
we've made FP... congrats Skarlie... cool cool smiley
Re: Hearts In Ashes by awikonko(m): 8:34am On Oct 21, 2016
Nice one skarllet, keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Re: Hearts In Ashes by SPDAZZY(f): 8:41am On Oct 21, 2016
Let me join the train.
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Khutie: 8:53am On Oct 21, 2016
[right]Tunji go dey form hard man now. We all know dah he dey use Vaseline dey cure when d matter arises in d middle of d night[/right[

3 Likes

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 21, 2016
Tunji my guy... Scarlett my Lady... cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by winningseed(f): 6:39pm On Oct 21, 2016
please continue d story @ skarlet
Re: Hearts In Ashes by MackBrooklyn: 11:51pm On Oct 21, 2016
[size=20pt]Skarlett, Where Art Thou?? [/size]
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 5:42am On Oct 22, 2016
Six

FEYI turned to look at herself in the full-length mirror and felt her stomach churn uncomfortably. The red Valentino dress made her stomach tighten and relax not because she wasn’t comfortable in it but because she had never dreamed she would look this sensational on it.

The strapless style of the blouse draped lovingly around the thrusting shape of her breasts, then went on to hug each slender curve of her body with band after band of exquisitely intricate pleating all the way down to her thighs before the sheer silk flowed to her feet, elevated by a pair of black Louboutin pumps.

“Oh, my,” she breathed, stealing the expression Blessing had made earlier that afternoon when she brought home the dress because it suddenly made a whole lot of sense.

The bold red color accentuated the shape of her body when she moved and brought out her curves. A fabulous teardrop diamond necklace, given to her by her mother, rested on its fine silver chain just above the sloping fullness of her breasts, and matching earrings sparkled at her ears. She had hoped to look elegant and sleek and sophisticated but what she’d seemed to have achieved was—alluringly sensual.

But she was chewing on her rose-colored lipstick and frowning uncertainly because she was just discovering that it was one thing to imagine herself dressing like this to impress a certain man, but it was quite a different sensation to realize she was seriously shocking herself.

“Wow!” Blessing breathed entering the room with Tomiwa. “You look very beautiful ma,” she said.

Feyi felt herself blush, “thank you very much dear,” Feyi turned to reach out for Tomiwa who was already stretching his hands. “Tom Tom,” she said tickling him while he giggled and made satisfied baby noises in Blessings arms. “I trust you’ll both be fine Bee.”

“Yes ma, we will.”

“You have my number, call me if anything happens please and not a second too late. I’ll keep my cell on and make sure we come back before 11.”

“Okay ma, don’t worry we’ll be fine,” Blessing tried to reassure her.

“I know you will Bee but you know this is the first time since Tommy was born that I’m leaving him at night.”

“Its all right ma, Tommy will be fine.”

“Alright dear, I trust you. You know his bedtime is 7:30pm.”

“Yes ma, I know. His formula has to be warm and he has to eat it all,” Blessing almost rolled her eyes. Sometimes her madam could be overbearing.

“Alright Bee, take care of my Tom Tom for me,” Feyi said for the umpteenth time, she knew Blessing was capable of taking care of her son but she recognized her stalling tactics. She wanted to delay meeting Tunji till the last minute. She eventually smiled at Blessing and left Tomiwa reluctantly. She took in a deep breath as she exited her suite.

Tunji was standing in the hall talking into his mobile phone when Feyi appeared at the top of the staircase. As he glanced up and caught sight of her, the deep base tones of his voice stopped midsentence and he froze, his dark eyes flaring momentarily before he hooded them over with his long eyelashes, his gaze running in a slow sweep that allowed him to take in every sleek curvaceous inch.

Good Lord, I’m in trouble was the only thought he was able to register as a familiar heat flared low in his groin and somehow managed to mess with his breathing at the same time.

Then he became aware that he still held his phone to his ear and he turned his back on her while he finished the call and, at the same time, grabbed a tight mental grip on his thoughts.

Just watching the way he’d shut down his expression and how his strong jaw had clenched before he turned away was enough to tighten the knot of anxiety toying with Feyi’s stomach. He’d done it again, and beaten her up with his silent disapproval, she thought grimly.

Well, she wasn’t going to change her dress or allow him make her feel bad, she steeled her resolve as she walked down the stairs.

He finished his call just as she got downstairs and spun to face her again. His expression seemed carefully blank as he gave her a sweeping glance from head to toe.

“You look…” good enough to eat, he’d almost said but stopped himself on time and cleared his throat. “You look beautiful.”

The compliment seemed odd and unexpected coming from him and Feyi felt herself blush, “thank you. You don’t look bad yourself.” He looked better than ‘not bad’ but Feyi wasn’t about to say that.

“Thanks, well now that’s out of the way, shall we?” he said offering his arm.

She didn’t trust herself to hold on to him and not feel her stomach tremble uncomfortably but she took his arm. They were trying to be civil towards each other even if it was just for today.

Her parents seemed to be in more festive spirits than usual when they got there. Her eldest brother Dayo was present with his date, a girl Feyi didn’t know. She was glad to see her brother anyway and as expected her immediate elder brother hadn’t attended. Lekan had always been the black sheep of the family who enjoyed flouting his parents rules and falling short of their standards. She had grown up in his shadow, worshipping his troublesome feet. He had been the only one in support of Tunji when she’d brought him home.

The Lawals were present too. It was surprising to Feyi that Dr. Seyi Lawal and his wife would be present. They had always been close friends of the family and once upon a time her mother and Mrs. Coco Lawal had conspired to match make their children, Feyi and Seyi Junior. It hadn’t worked of course, she didn’t particularly fancy Seyi because he acted odd sometimes.

She had fallen in love with Tunji and gotten pregnant for him and that had been the end to any plans of a merger between both families. The Lawal family had taken a break from the social scene after that.

“Good evening ma,” she greeted Mrs Coco hanging on tightly to Tunji’s arm as if for support.

There was a flash of malice before the older woman’s face broke into a small smile.

“Why Fey, its so good to see you again. This must be…”

Tunji realized immediately that he didn’t like this woman Feyi had dragged him to come greet. “Her husband,” he said matching her small smile and fastening his hands more possessively on Feyi’s waist. “Architect Tunji at your service,” he finished with a flourish.

“Oh my, its nice to meet you Tunji. You know we’ve always been friends of the family for years and would have attended the wedding, we just had a little er…family issue.”

“That’s all right ma,” Tunji said politely.

“Its good to see you’re taking care of our Feyi, she looks ravishing.”

Feyi felt herself blush and she realized she had her body firmly plastered in Tunji’s.

“I try my best ma,” Tunji said.

Coco smiled and turned her attention to Feyi, summarily dismissing him. “My dear how is Tomiwa, your mom has been gushing about him all night long.”

“He’s doing fine ma, and how is Seyi and Folu?”

“They’re both fine, Folu is rounding off her studies in the UK and Seyi is taking care of his father’s business interest in Ireland.”

“That’s great ma, you must be very proud of them.”

“I am indeed, have a lovely evening dear,” she drew Feyi in and blew kisses in the air, and without as much as glancing at Tunji, left.

“That went well,” Feyi blew out a breath as Tunji released her.

“I don’t like her,” Tunji said flatly.

“Me neither, the fear of being her daughter-in-law drove me to your arms in the first place.” She looked at Tunji horrified, “I-I…” but Tunji had a funny look on his face.

“I wouldn’t want to be her son-in-law either,” he said and they both laughed.

He could smell her hair. Even from the driver’s seat of the car he always had been able to the night she’d washed it. It was just so thick and long and there was so much of it that the fragrance hung in the air. The only difference was that he couldn’t reach over and touch it. Which was mostly his fault, Tunji thought with a rueful smile.

She wouldn’t push his hand away tonight. He knew, just knew, that sex hung in the air. It was like trying to breathe deeply in a sauna. There were just a few inches separating them and a whole two years ago.

The laughter they had shared at the party had significantly broken the ice between them and by the end of the dinner, they were holding on to each other like newlyweds. Her parents had expected them to be stiff together, well, they had positively shocked them.

The only dampener of the night was when he had heard Dr. Seyi whispering conspiratorially to his wife in the terrace. Only a few words had wafted to him when he had stumbled on them.

“They bought it? Good. He’s going to be out in a few weeks time so its better, they don’t…”

Dr. Seyi had been startled to silence to see him.

“Its a warm evening,” Tunji said.

“Yes indeed it is. Please excuse us,” Dr. Seyi said and scurried away hurriedly with his wife in tow.

He had a feeling he’d just been let in on a huge secret but he didn’t know what. It reminded him of the kind of secret he hid from Feyi.

“What happened to us, Tunji?” Feyi asked from beside him, startling him out of his reverie.

“Please, don’t, Feyi,” Tunji said, because he couldn’t bear it. He wanted to talk to her about the past and iron out issues, only he couldn’t. “Please, don’t start about that.”

Except Feyi felt like she had to, because there had been no final row, no harsh words, no goodbye sex. She hadn’t known that night or day or whenever it had been, two years ago that it would be the last time she’d be in his arms.

“You just left.”

“Feyi.”

“If we could have talked…”

“What was there to say?” Dark eyes glittered across to her in the cozy vehicle. “You didn’t believe in me or my dreams enough to leave your wealthy parents and start over.”

“I didn’t say that.”

“Yes, Fey you did. You married me because you were pregnant and then three months later, you weren’t.” He nosed the vehicle down the tarred road to his house without looking because he knew the road like the back of his hand. Just as he’d known this moment was coming and he couldn’t face it. “I’m tired.”

“Tunji please…” She placed a hand on his shoulder and felt him go rigid underneath her fingers. “I just wish we could talk.”

“I can’t.”

“Okay,” she said and he felt her silent withdrawal.

“Fey I…”

“Don’t worry Tunji, I understand,” she said placing her hands on her lap.

What an irony, Tunji thought, Fey would never understand.

20 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 5:46am On Oct 22, 2016
I'm sorry for the late updates guys, I've been busy with one or two things but I'm committed to see this story to the end

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 5:47am On Oct 22, 2016
MackBrooklyn:
Ska.rlett, Where Art Thou??

I'm here now dear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 5:48am On Oct 22, 2016
winningseed:
please continue d story @ skarlet

Updated
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 5:50am On Oct 22, 2016
awikonko:
Nice one skarllet, keep up the good work.

Thank you sir
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 5:50am On Oct 22, 2016
SPDAZZY:
Let me join the train.

Welcome ma
Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 5:51am On Oct 22, 2016
swann:
we've made FP... congrats Skarlie... cool cool smiley

Lol yeah. Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 5:53am On Oct 22, 2016
Khutie:
Skar lett baby xowie I wahz late. Gbayara m. I've been busy lately. Nice story hun' .

Welcome dear, better late than never

2 Likes

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 5:53am On Oct 22, 2016
henrybomb:
Skar lett killing it...nice story

Thanks dear
Re: Hearts In Ashes by MackBrooklyn: 6:35am On Oct 22, 2016
skarlett:
I'm sorry for the late updates guys, I've been busy with one or two things but I'm committed to see this story to the end

Lol, we understand dear kiss

Nothing do you and we're gonna see the end of this story together. Nice update though cool

1 Like

Re: Hearts In Ashes by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 22, 2016
MackBrooklyn:

Lol, we understand dear kiss

Nothing do you and we're gonna see the end of this story together. Nice update though cool

Thanks hon kiss

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

Ogechi & I / The Sugar Mum [An Inspirational Story of Love] / Continuation Of My Madam And I(from Family Group And Sexuality).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.