Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? (89064 Views)

Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by Joagbaje(m): 8:06pm On Jun 02, 2010
nuclearboy:

angry Jesoul will have to forgive me here!

@Joagbaje:

Watch your mouth. Blaspheme? Because I speak about one swing-hipped fake-phonetics spouting likely homosexual mofo, you say I'm blashpheming? You don craze before abi you chop rabbit food with fried eggs?

WTF do you think your oyaks is? Greater than Peter when Paul rebuked him? Or that he is our high priest when the Bible says there is only one high priest in the entire priesthood of believers and that Jesus Christ? Where's the seniority in that aside your asinine grovelling for Naira's sake.

Men of God? And what am I, Aletheia, Enigma, you, Africankel etc? Men of bottles? Or men of plastic? Well, maybe you are a man of satan anyway. idol worshipper worshipping fake jeri-curls. Ode agbalagba!

Someone please warn this $%^@###.

It is not jesoul forgiveness you need. It is God's forgiveness and thats if youre born again.
OLAADEGBU:

This guy is certainly not a Christian. I am sorry to say.

I'm begining to feel so.He is talking like a FREE MASON!

2 Tim. 2:24
   And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

Pastor Chris is blessing the world.  A critic here is cursing. Who is the satanic agent here?

James 3:10
   Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by nuclearboy(m): 8:19pm On Jun 02, 2010
Oh My God  grin grin grin, I wish I was ready to disclose my identity online and record/show the way I'm laughing and rolling on the couch here.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Let me confirm I'm mason by taking and uploading a picture of my hand in it like "chris curls". Done! Now, so me and yaps oyaks are "blood brothers" in the same fraternity of the freemasons. and you, dude are in trouble. I will tell my fellow dude "yakky yap-yap" to sack you or reduce your percentage of tithe from whatever it was to 0.5%. Or maybe we should just put you on a salary of 8K monthly seeing as your intellect is comparable to that of an Aboki nightguard.

Lets solve the problem, Mr Agbaje. Go and take an IQ test. I believe the outcome would likely be single digit  grin but if not, you can receive what 3 Abokis' get for night duty monthly.

That will show you "I AM THAT I AM" and not your mate since me and yakkety yak are on the same level.

Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by petres007(m): 8:26pm On Jun 02, 2010
nuclearboy:

"yaps yaks" and "woli Kumui" that are perfect.

grin grin grin
Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by petres007(m): 8:30pm On Jun 02, 2010
nuclearboy:

Oh My God  grin grin grin, I wish I was ready to disclose my identity online and record/show the way I'm laughing and rolling on the couch here.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Let me confirm I'm mason by taking and uploading a picture of my hand in it like "chris curls". Done! Now, so me and yaps oyaks are "blood brothers" in the same fraternity of the freemasons. and you, dude are in trouble. I will tell my fellow dude "yakky yap-yap" to sack you or reduce your percentage of tithe from whatever it was to 0.5%. Or maybe we should just put you on a salary of 8K monthly seeing as your intellect is comparable to that of an Aboki nightguard.

Lets solve the problem, Mr Agbaje. Go and take an IQ test. I believe the outcome would likely be single digit  grin but if not, you can receive what 3 Abokis' get for night duty monthly.

That will show you "I AM THAT I AM" and not your mate since me and yakkety yak are on the same level.

[img][/img]

AHA! Now this is what I call conclusive evidence!  grin grin grin grin

Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by petres007(m): 8:48pm On Jun 02, 2010
Joagbaje:

I'm begining to feel so.He is talking like a FREE MASON!

No be just him talk o! He just flashed us that masonic sign ^^^ cheesy grin grin grin
Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by nuclearboy(m): 8:50pm On Jun 02, 2010
JUSTICE petres_bond has spoken and so what remains is for you, joagbaje to start begging or face the wrath of an "I AM" like "chris yaps".

Kneel down, face the wall behind you and recite "I will never insult my Mason Fathers, Masters, Rabbis, Teachers or Nuclearbombs again" 1000 times kneeling on one knee with one eye closed, one hand up (with Chris' sign) and one nostril working  grin. That last is particularly cogent for you seeing as your two nostrils obviously supply too much oxygen to your brain and I wouldn't want you choking on oxygen.

Seriously though, you guys lack imagination, tact, intelligence or even a sense of humor. How plead you?  tongue
Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by Zikkyy(m): 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2010
@nuclearboy, softly softly for Jo abeg you. No vex too much.

Like you said, i dont believe the evidence here is enough to make chris a cultist.
Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by biomes2001: 9:18pm On Jun 02, 2010
You must all understand that we are in the last days and satan's agents have infiltrated the church pretending to be from God only to mislead innocent pple like Joagbaje by subtly bringing in false teachings like oyaks new age teachings which seemingly appears nice to the ears but really is a false doctrine. No wonder these scriptures were given to the discerning mind:

"For such are false apostles deceitful workers,transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.And no wonder!For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness,whose end will be according to their works" (2Cor.11:13-15)

Oyaks outwardly appears angelic,but o boy in secret he is a false prophet,a satanic agent,let God judge me if am wrong,but I've been followin the activities of freemasonry in and out the churches for over 19 years now,I KNOW WHAT AM SAYING.Again it is written:

"But there were also false prophets among the people EVEN AS THERE WILL BE FALSE TEACHERS AMONG YOU,who will SECRETLY bring in destructive heresies,even denying the Lord who bought them,and bring on themselves swift destruction.AND MANY(like Joagbaje)WILL FOLLOW THEIR DESTRUCTIVE WAYS,because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed" (2Pet.2:1-2)

Note that these false teachers will come from "among the people" of God,not from outside. So let people nt be shouting blasphemy when such decievers are being exposed.It is the scriptures that says "have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness,rather expose them".

Below you'll see pix Snoop of Dogg,the pope and false pastors like kenneth Copeland giving masonic lucifers horn signal like Benny Hinn.Remember that Copeland is the right hand man of Benny Hinn,Oral Roberts and our naija David Oyedepo. You'll also see below pix of Oyedepo givin the masonic
Pyramid sign. These masonic ministers have a click internationally. The stupendous wealth the display come from funds from Illuminati,Catholic Church and the freemasonry:

1 Like

Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 02, 2010
@biomes2001

That last one didnt just not look like it.
Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by nuclearboy(m): 10:01pm On Jun 02, 2010
Brothers:

Lets all just keep praying "there be peace in Jerusalem". The Scriptures have told us "let all men be liars and God be true" so nothing should suprise anyone with his head screwed on rightly about anybody be it Hinn, Copeland, Oyaketiyak or myself (joagbaje's newest mason  grin).

Biomes2001, its obvious you believe what you write and honestly, I have no problems with it. But fairness says innocence till proved guilty. I cannot see any reason to doubt you BUT I also cannot see enough reason to convict him. What we all know is that if he indeed is anti-Jesus by being in this cult, it cannot be hidden forever. In such situation, my fear is for the "young in Christ" who will be affected by such revelation.

These, I pray for knowing theie sensibilities are already stretched far enough with the "name and claim 101's" etc.

Zikky:

My personal guy, don't mind me jo. I really cannot stay mad at Joagbaje for long knowing he's likely innocently deluded. Olaadegbu in his part, is seeking "woli" kumuyi's reward ( grin) rather than Jesus' and I know Jesus loves him even if He doesn't like the wrong priority. That being so, who am I to judge? Make him no just do "righteous degbu" with me is my own. Meanwhile, how you dey and when are you coming to the side of Jesus? He really loves us all, you know!
Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 02, 2010
If you type Illuminati.com backwards meaning Itanimulli.com what do you get?  
Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by nuclearboy(m): 10:20pm On Jun 02, 2010
What are you talking about, Babaearly?

Meanwhille, forgive me, Zikky. Somehow, these people confused me to making out Zikky to be Zodiac61
Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 02, 2010
@nuclearboy

Illuminati=itanimulli
but itanimulli.com is www.nsa.gov
Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by nuclearboy(m): 11:00pm On Jun 02, 2010
Sorry bro, I can be slow atimes.

How does itanimulli.com become www.nsa.gov?
Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 02, 2010
bro i dont know.
Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by nwakaibe(m): 12:20am On Jun 03, 2010
Abeg.how i should place my fingers when speaking so it wont connote any symbolic gesture? .
Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by Zikkyy(m): 8:10am On Jun 03, 2010
nuclearboy:

Meanwhille, forgive me, Zikky. Somehow, these people confused me to making out Zikky to be Zodiac61

Ba wahala wink
Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by Joagbaje(m): 12:26pm On Jun 03, 2010
So bishop oyedepo is freemson too. Im sure if i watch one or 2 of Pastor kumuyi we will catch him giving out some Freemason signs Illuminati and Bilderberg. Its not a bad Idea afterall since Jesus Christ is also a Freemason. Nothing spoil at all. Enjoy your folly.

Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by JeSoul(f): 1:50pm On Jun 03, 2010
nuclearboy:

LOL na NuclearSir be that? see as you just spread out, relax for couch with laptop in one hand, flatscreen TV in front, flash your own hand signals lol  Rock on with your freemason self jare. lol.
Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by nuclearboy(m): 2:41pm On Jun 03, 2010
^^^ Awww, now I have to cover my face with hand in shame for showing (according to the new teaching) that I'm mason and right in front of tv too. Sad! grin

Sincerely though, and this goes to those who matter (and they know themselves), not all is as it seems it is. Even when the odds are stacked that its true, our calling compels that we be certain beyond a doubt or risk failing God. Abi me too na Mason without knowing? Cos that was my point with the photo!

@Joagbaje:

You've read me here defending your guy for lack of sufficient information. With your last post, are you saying it is impossible Bishop Oyedepo is a "liar" as God's Word says ALL men are? All you're stating here is just that as long as its a known "MOG", they cannot be wrong. Would you have ever considered Swargart was "doing" prostitutes before he confessed? Would you have ever considered that Liardon was "doing" his worship (Praise the Lord, my arse hurts) pastor before he was caught out? Thats all we say - men will remain men, whether or not they sleep behind a pulpit and Jesus knew what He was saying when He said "Call no man Rabbi, Teacher, Father. You all are equal" (thats re-phrased O, before you go legalistic). Or would you say that where your pastors are concerned, Jesus was wrong?
Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by Joagbaje(m): 6:13pm On Jun 03, 2010
There is difference between a man falling into an error and a man making a pact with the devil
Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by nuclearboy(m): 6:33pm On Jun 03, 2010
Glad you agree they are men and can fall into error. That added to the wisdom of remembering how we trusted the Swarggarts, Liardons etc before they were discovered, is simply why we say don't stand "in the gap" for any man. BTW, falling into error does not exclude the possibility of demonic pacts.

I read this and was scared at the duplicity - whist doing his own, Swarggart went after another till yet he too was hunted down. And these were BIG MOGs - QUOTE
In 1986, evangelist Jimmy Swaggart began on-screen attacks against fellow televangelists Marvin Gorman and Jim Bakker. He uncovered Gorman's affair with a member of Gorman's congregation, and also helped expose Bakker's infidelity (which was arranged by a colleague while on an out-of-state trip). These exposures received widespread media coverage. Gorman retaliated in kind by hiring a private investigator to uncover Swaggart's own adulterous indiscretions with a prostitute. Swaggart was subsequently forced to step down from his pulpit for a year and made a tearful televised apology in February 1988 to his congregation, saying "I have sinned against you, my Lord, and I would ask that your precious blood would wash and cleanse every stain until it is in the seas of God's forgiveness."

Swaggart was caught again by California police three years later in 1991 with another prostitute, Rosemary Garcia, who was riding with him in his car when he was stopped for driving on the wrong side of the road. When asked why she was with Swaggart, she replied, "He asked me for sex. I mean, that's why he stopped me. That's what I do. I'm a prostitute
UNQUOTE

from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_evangelist_scandals

ONLY GOD IS TRUE! kiss
Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by petres007(m): 10:26am On Jun 04, 2010
nuclearboy:

In 1986, evangelist Jimmy Swaggart began on-screen attacks against fellow televangelists Marvin Gorman and Jim Bakker. He uncovered Gorman's affair with a member of Gorman's congregation, and also helped expose Bakker's infidelity (which was arranged by a colleague while on an out-of-state trip). These exposures received widespread media coverage. Gorman retaliated in kind by hiring a private investigator to uncover Swaggart's own adulterous indiscretions with a love-peddler. Swaggart was subsequently forced to step down from his pulpit for a year and made a tearful televised apology in February 1988 to his congregation, saying "I have sinned against you, my Lord, and I would ask that your precious blood would wash and cleanse every stain until it is in the seas of God's forgiveness."

Swaggart was caught again by California police three years later in 1991 with another love-peddler, Rosemary Garcia, who was riding with him in his car when he was stopped for driving on the wrong side of the road. When asked why she was with Swaggart, she replied, "He asked me for intimacy. I mean, that's why he stopped me. That's what I do. I'm a love-peddler
UNQUOTE

from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_evangelist_scandals

This is nauseating. . . its fellows like these who give the faith a bad name undecided

nuclearboy:

ONLY GOD IS TRUE! kiss

Indeed! wink
Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by aletheia(m): 12:41pm On Jun 04, 2010
nuclearboy:

Sorry bro, I can be slow atimes.

How does itanimulli.com become www.nsa.gov?
typing itanimulli.com in your browser takes you to www.nsa.gov. Either it is someone's idea of a joke or there is something hidden going on. undecided
Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by nuclearboy(m): 4:53pm On Jun 04, 2010
^^^ shocked shocked shocked

Now that is scary, Aletheia. Forgive me but I actually tried to visit itanimulli.com wondering if you were joking or wrong

Things are happening!
Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by petres007(m): 7:20pm On Jun 04, 2010
aletheia:

typing itanimulli.com in your browser takes you to www.nsa.gov. Either it is someone's idea of a joke or there is something hidden going on. undecided

Jeez!!! I just did it too and got the same result! shocked shocked shocked

I think this will be a good time to start kabashing grin grin grin
Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by biomes2001: 9:14pm On Jun 04, 2010
* Kenneth Copeland started his ministry under Oral Roberts 33rd Degree Freemason as a pilot.
Kenneth was on TV sometime around June 1997 praising Oral Roberts as they are close friends.
Evidence that Oral Roberts is a 33rd Degree Freemason will be compiled and published as soon as possible.
* Kenneth Copeland chants the words "I AM" which is a Masonic initiation term.
"And I say this with all respect, so that it don't upset you too bad. But I say it anyway: When I read in the Bible where He says, "I AM," I just smile and say, "Yes, I AM, too." Believers Voice of Victory broadcast July 9 1987
During the ceremonies of the Masonic ritual for the Royal Arch degree, the candidate is asked, "Brother Inspector, what are you?" and he replies, "I AM THAT I AM."
When Jesus told the jews before Abraham was "I AM" he was claming to be the God of Moses who went by that name. This is why they tried to kill him immediately. Kenneth is claiming to be a God.

33rd Degree Freemason Robert Schuller also endorses his followers to chant "I AM"
"The most effective mantras employ the "M" sound. You can get the feel of it by repeating the words, "I am, I am," many times over, Transendental Meditation or TM, is not a religion nor is it necessarily anti-Christian."
Peace of Mind Through Possibility Thinking, pp. 131-32

Benny Hinn whom I suspect is a Freemason, also tells Christians to chant "I AM."
"Don't tell me you have Jesus. You are everything He was and everything He is and ever shall be, Don't say, 'I have.' Say , 'I AM, I AM, I AM, I AM, I AM.' Our Position in Christ #2-The Word Made Flesh audiotape Side 2 1991

* Kenneth Copeland has stated that Jehovah means Half Male/ Half Female and that God is as much female as he is male.
He amplifies this strange teaching by also saying that Adam was originally half male and half female.
According to the book "The Secret Teachings Of Freemasonry" by Gordon Mohr this is exactly what the Masonic Lodge teaches:- (on pages 107-108)

In his first initiation stages he (the Freemason) learns: 1 - That the rite of initation for Apprentice Masons represents in dramatic fashion the origin or birth of Nature's god - the Great All. It signifies the non-existence of a supernatural person God, such as that of Christianity. It signifies that the two principles of "matter" and "form", "male" and "female," are always eternally generating," (reproducing). It looks on God as a hermaphrodite, and creation as the beginning of the "generation process." Taken from: Speculative Masonry, by Brother J. Yorke, Grand Master of the Ancient Rite pages 3 & 54

2 - The initation rite into the Second Degree, represents the moral condition of nature's god, always in labor, always reproducing. Again it looks on God as hermaphroditic, and states that his name JEHOVAH, means "generation." Meaning to say, HE-SHE, the two sexes in one. From Speculative Masonry page 14 & Mackey's Lexion pages 126-129

The dual principle of "male" and "female" is represented by the "square and compass." The "compass" represents OSIRIS, the male god of the Egyptians, while the "square" is the symbol representing ISIS, the female goddess of Egypt - both are sexual symbols. Taken from: Ragon's Cours. Philosophique page 102
This reference to the square and compass is significant as Copeland has placed these symbols on one of his tape covers.

* Copeland teaches similar things that the early Mormons leaders who were also Freemasons taught.
While the Mormons teach that God lives on a planet near the star Kolob, Copeland says that his hermaphroditic god also lives on a Mother Planet:-

"Heaven has a north and a south and an east and a west. Consequently, it must be a planet."
Spirit, Soul and Body I 1985 audiotape #01-0601, side 1

"You don't think earth was first, do you? Huh? Well, you don't think that God made man in His image, and then made earth in some other image? There is not anything under this whole sun that's new. Are you hearing what I'm saying? This is all a copy. It's a copy of home. It's a copy of the Mother Planet. Where God lives, He made a little one just like His and put us on it." Following the Faith of Abraham I, 1989 audiotape #01-3001, side 1

Compare what Freemason-Mormon Brigham Young stated "Adam is our father and our God" with Copeland's quote:-
"Adam, in the Garden of Eden, was God manifested in the flesh."
Following the Faith of Abraham I, side 1

Also compare Freemason-Mormon founder Joseph Smith's teaching that if you were to see God today "you would see him like a man in form - like yourselves in all the person, image, and very form as a man." with Copeland's following description of his god:-

Copeland decribes God as "a being that is very uncanny the way he's very much like you and me. A being that stands somewhere around 6'2", 6'3", that weighs somewhere in the neighbourhood of a couple of hundred pounds or a little better, has a span of 9 inches across." Spirit, Soul and Body I audiotape Side 1 1985

God spoke Adam into existence in authority with words. These words struck Adam's body in the face. His body and God were exactly the same size."
Holy Bible, Kenneth Copeland Reference Edition 1991, 45, emphasis in original

"[Adam] was the copy, looked just like [God]. If you stood Adam upside God, they look exactly alike. If you stood Jesus and Adam side by side, they would look and sound exactly alike."
Authority of the Believer IV 1987, audiotape #01-0304, side 1

On the cover for Copeland's audiotape series entitled 'How To Build Your Firm Foundation.' Remember the main definition of Masonry as being 'Freemasonry is a peculiar system of Morality, veiled in Allegory, and illustrated by Symbols.'
This is exactly what we have right here. Copeland has placed the chief Masonic symbols of the square and compass here that to most people the true meaning is veiled in an allegorical style.(see the book below) This same kenneth Copeland is oyedepo's right hand man. See Oyedepo subtly giving the masonic pyramid sign compare it to those of French president a known mason and others below.

Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by biomes2001: 10:32pm On Jun 04, 2010
see more pix. See t.b joshua in a subtle masonic pic signal,"pls note the image of the sun" in the background.Remember,the sun god,RA,OSIRIS.BAAL-ZE-BUB,etc is the god of the masons.Note that the Allah written on that poster is not the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob.Allah is the sun god whom the muslims worship by facing and bowing to the sun in the east.The "Immanuel" that he mentions in his church is the name of a demon he is invoking:

This demon, Immanuel plays the role of "Jesus" in the astral realm and near death experiences. He's the one Michaelangelo painted a portrait of ,that the churches then accepted as the picture of "Jesus." Most churches today have pictures of this Sananda hanging in them somewhere. Most believers correlate the picture of Jesus that they see as the real Jesus when it is really this Sananda Immanuel who will come to earth playing Jesus, the Son of God. A very good deception. The church was groomed for hundreds of years for this one. Allegedly lives aboard the UFO-ship called the Capricorn and works in Utah  which he considers the "New Zion." Works with the Mormon cult deception and also in Jerusalem behind the scenes to prepare for his arrival as Christianity's "messiah.". see his pic below. see www.beastprophets.com for more

Now Joshua is a paddy of Oyaks,a fellow mason and satanist. 'birds of same feather flock 2gether"This people know what the are doing
Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by biomes2001: 11:16pm On Jun 04, 2010
the pix of sananda Immanuel

Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by biomes2001: 11:37pm On Jun 04, 2010
In the light of the fact that we believe we are living in the last days before Jesus’ return, and that one of the warnings Jesus gave us was that immediately before that time there would arise “False prophets”, who would be able to perform “signs and wonders so that if possible they would be able to deceive even the very elect”, it is extremely important that we be all the more discerning.

I don’t know Pastor Joshua’s heart. Indeed, it seems to be that he is a very sincere man living a simple lifestyle. Rather than taking money constantly (as a good many of the celebrated televangelists do) there are stories of T.B. Joshua’s generosity to the poor who struggle to come to him for healing. Nonetheless, we are told to be discerning in our evaluation of anything which claims to be “of God”.

“Try the Spirits to see whether they be of God” (I John 4). There are several caveats I offer to those who are seeking discernment regarding these phenomena,

o On a French television interview, Prophet Joshua said that he had received this ‘gift’ at birth. In God’s word, the true Gifts of the Spirit of God are not bestowed at birth to anyone – see 1 Cor:12-14. One must first be converted to Christ to have God’s Spirit indwelling one – and even then the gifts are distributed “as the Spirit wills“.

o Transubstantiation - On videotape distributed by the Synagogue of all Nations, a “Blood of Jesus ” service was shown. It consisted of the Prophet Joshua blessing a huge tank of water, touching each of twelve running spigots, proclaiming them to now be “the blood of Jesus“. The congregation were then shown rushing forward, pushing and pulling among themselves, seeking to get to those spigots first, that they might drink, splash, and in some cases even shower in “the blood of Jesus”. This is perhaps the most disturbing aspect of it all as it turns the Biblical doctrine of the blood of Jesus (His vicarious death) into a sensuous, superstitious experience. No Priest or Prophet can turn any substance into the blood of Jesus – that is more akin to paganism and magic than Christianity. The blood of Jesus was shed as a sacrifice to God the Father, not as a potion to be splashed and bathed in!

o False separation between the Sheep and the goats- In addition to the other antics at the blasphemous “Blood of Jesus” service, as the people pushed, pulled and shoved forward to participate in the so-called blood, those who had “agents of Satan”, were put into a demonic frenzy, rolling on the ground, through the muck and mire (more on that next) screaming and moaning in agony. There is demon possession indeed, but one would look in vain anywhere in the scriptures to find any deliverance service remotely resembling this so called “Blood of Jesus” service. Joshua proclaimed this as the” separation of the sheep and the goats”, which actually takes place at Judgment Day.

o There is also a degrading and even humiliating aspect to these healings. When Christ healed it was in a dignified manner. True man is below, God is above, but man is not “Nothing”, he is made “In the Image of God”. In the Joshua videotape, released by the Synagogue, men with rectal cancer are asked to take down their pants, before others, both before and after the healing. A woman is made to bare her breasts, one showing cancer, and stands in front of a mixed assembly in the agony of her pain. As the healing progresses, her breast is seen oozing puss onto her dress and flowing down to make a puddle on the floor.

o People are seen “Vomiting their troubles away” on the floor. Some vomit blood, others vomit rocks, shells, large worms and live insects. There is no scripture for this. Where did Jesus or His apostles ever do any such things? Yes these stains can be seen on the floor, the very spots where people vomited blood, and where women are seen on camera passing bloody “fibroids” from between their legs! And then on this same floor, people are put into trances, laid out on that same floor, (you can see the spots) and those in trances are seen rolling about in those spots.

o Remote control- T.B. Joshua uses a technique called “remote control“. Standing about ten feet away from “patients”, with hand motions he manipulates their motions: By scooting his hands to the left, the patient seems irresistibly drawn to the left; and to the right, the patient goes to the right; by circling his hands, Joshua sends the patient into a circle, often until they spiral out of control, falling into a dazed heap! Once again, this method is more akin to occult healing practices than it is to Biblical healing and in the compassionate manner of Jesus Christ.

o Another similar technique is called “point of contact“. For example, the bare-breasted woman suffering in agony from cancer, before the congregation, Joshua stands about 15 feet away, and rubs his chin vigorously, This then evidently affects her cancerous breast, in some way. In contrast, the healing of the woman with the issue of blood in Luke 8:44, simply touched Jesus and was healed!

o Calling Fire from heaven – Joshua has the power to call fire from heaven upon the body parts of sinning members of his congregation! A woman in the video is seen clutching her private parts in agony as Joshua’s fire cleanses her of the sin. This causes mild amusement of others in the audience. It does not bring fear of God! We are told in the book of Revelation that the false prophet calls fire from heaven to the amazement of those under delusion!

o Joshua has strange beliefs. For example, he is a vegetarian : he told an interviewer that many of the people he ministers to in the area of deliverance are “Half fish and half man“. In another interview, he said that “the divine person” within him can appear to thousands simultaneously, even coming to them in their dreams! This is not Biblical or Christian!

In closing, I don’t pretend to know Joshua’s motivation; by all accounts he seems to be a very sincere man. However sincerity is no safeguard against deception. I am sure Edgar Cayce, Jean Dixon and countless other prophets, who by Christian, Biblical standards would have to be regarded as False, were equally sincere and unassuming. There are countless warnings in scripture about the emergence of False Prophets and teachers who like Pharaoh’s magicians, withstood and hindered the true gospel by means of signs, wonders and miracles. Just because Joshua seems to be able to produce “results”, doesn’t make him a man of God, nor should we go there. The end does not justify the means. The very idea of having to go to Nigeria to receive a healing, or a miracle, or a Word from God, is unscriptural
Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by Enigma(m): 8:46am On Jun 05, 2010
I am also on the cautious side in making conclusions from hand/body gestures; the jury is still out, shall we say.
Re: New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? by aletheia(m): 10:20am On Jun 05, 2010
Enigma:

I am also on the cautious side in making conclusions from hand/body gestures; the jury is still out, shall we say.
Hand/body gestures alone, perhaps not. But when seen in the light of what these people say, then certainly a "smoking gun"

Jesus was quite clear that we would recognize false prophets unless we are under a delusion or deceived ourselves.
Matthew 7:15-23 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. (16) Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? (17) Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. (18) A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. (19) Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. (20) Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. (21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. (22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? (23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

2 Thessalonians 2:7-11 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Rape Allegation: Nigerians Protest At COZA Church (Live Updates) / How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan / Female Preacher's Dress To A Birthday Party: Anything Wrong With It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.