Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) (38950 Views)

Ukwulu Invasion: Outcry As Fulani Herdsmen Ruin Farmlands In Anambra (Video) / Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) / Man Wears A Bulletproof Vest At His Farm In Edo Because Of Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by Emassive(m): 12:14am On Oct 15, 2016
You are either paid to defend the dumb herdsmen or a fulani dullard yourself. Your perceived peace making comment is a deceitful one to insight the young farmer which is very childish and stiipid from you. If you are going to tell him to be nice why not do it nicely. Smart dunce
delors:
Good. My position is, tell your dad to get the 10k. Buy new seeds and replant. And tell your dad that the herdmen be more watchful so their cows don't enter your land to do more damage especially when they are grazing.
Tell him to do all these in a friendly manner. Those guys, as you hav mentioned, have no formal education, no chill and no remorse. Any misunderstood move from ur dad could be perceived as an act of aggression. I am.not sure your hectares of maize is worth any bloodshed. Those guys could kill if things go out of hand.
And where is your own calculation of #60k coming from? That could be seen as an act if greed. No one would even give you that kind of money, Fulani or not, talk less of these guys. Rethink your position and approach everything with diplomacy, tact and caution.
We don't want to see any news if herdsmen killing people on some farmland in Ado ekiti because of a meagre 'how much'. A word is enough for the wise.

And stop the hatred yourself...why do u sound so hurt and hateful? Is it because they are not your tribe? #SoulSearchingTime

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by Bsideboi(m): 12:37am On Oct 15, 2016
Its high time we began to be considerate when dealing with ourselves. We will never grow if we continue like this in this nation.

1 Like

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by Kay17: 12:51am On Oct 15, 2016
daveP:
While we deliberated on taking it up with the police and all, my dad was busy reasoning on challenging them cos he understood their language and commuted with them, especiall one of them that had formal education to SSCE Level. I learnt from the farm manager that because he insisted on going to school, his father's wives, numbering 5 refused to give him his share of the inheritance which was actually quite a fortune. He didn't mind, but the foolishness of the wives was evident in that he was an interpreter and helped with
transporting their produce to the city where it will be bought, else, they'll rot away in the deep farm settlement all to themselves.

Dad got an audience while I went round the farm snapping evidence of the colossal damage the cows did to a month's maize on height. I felt like taking physical action. Well it's about to involve the police.

While they were talking, the old man that owned the cows said he wasn't aware that his sons(the man looked 86 and his eldest son was 17) encroached our farm. He apologized and popc decided to make them pay with mutual interest first. The interpreter's talk got me suspicious and I shifted closer to hear what they will offer.

The old man wanted to offer a meagre 5000 naira for the damage his cows did!!!!

My dad refuse and I interrupted to tell my dad that he better let this peeps pay well for their damage.

They supposed to pay nothing less than 60k but here was the old man, saying 5k!!?

I got angry and told my old man to use negotiating tactics and tell them he'll get to them but refusing the 5k. he stood up to leave and they now in fear, double it to 10k.

Not enough still..... but from what happened yesterday I could deduce that

1) These Fulani herds men had no value for anything not theirs

2) The fear of repercussion makes them do stuff to even the extent of being the agressor.

3) The detest formal education, Western as they call it.

4) They swear a lot

5) The owners of the cows they herd are mostly politicians based mostly in Abuja

Pics follow.

The police will enter the matter by Monday!!

Pavore9, Lalasticlala

From one Fulani you were able to make conclusions to cover the entire tribe and punish the tribe
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by daveP(m): 1:00am On Oct 15, 2016
Kay17:

From one Fulani you were able to make conclusions to cover the entire tribe and punish the tribe
undecided undecided

Lemme ask you one question...

Are you a Nigerian atall. How Internet-privy are you??

You made me stoop you down to this low level with your comment.

2 Likes

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by vic155: 1:40am On Oct 15, 2016
delors:
Good. My position is, tell your dad to get the 10k. Buy new seeds and replant. And tell your dad that the herdmen be more watchful so their cows don't enter your land to do more damage especially when they are grazing.
Tell him to do all these in a friendly manner. Those guys, as you hav mentioned, have no formal education, no chill and no remorse. Any misunderstood move from ur dad could be perceived as an act of aggression. I am.not sure your hectares of maize is worth any bloodshed. Those guys could kill if things go out of hand.
And where is your own calculation of #60k coming from? That could be seen as an act if greed. No one would even give you that kind of money, Fulani or not, talk less of these guys. Rethink your position and approach everything with diplomacy, tact and caution.
We don't want to see any news if herdsmen killing people on some farmland in Ado ekiti because of a meagre 'how much'. A word is enough for the wise.

And stop the hatred yourself...why do u sound so hurt and hateful? Is it because they are not your tribe? #SoulSearchingTime

LIKE YOUR COMMENT

1 Like

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by delors(m): 3:20am On Oct 15, 2016
Emassive:
You are either paid to defend the dumb herdsmen or a fulani dullard yourself. Your perceived peace making comment is a deceitful one to insight the young farmer which is very childish and stiipid from you. If you are going to tell him to be nice why not do it nicely. Smart dunce
OK, so u only quoted me to insult? How stupiidd and unintelligent are u bro. Next time there is a thread like this, make your contribution and fukk off. If you have no intelligible comment or contribution, stay off...mumu.

Obviously u can have your family slaughtered like chickens because of 20k. Poverty stricken family. Guy, they ll kill u and we'll only mourn ur wretched family on Twitter, NL and Facebook with a post and ur obituary pictures...and if you are lucky, we ll share the picture on Instagram too.

Stay away from me dude
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by sakalisis(m): 3:29am On Oct 15, 2016
Opharhe:
I thought there was strict regularisation of grazing activities in Ekiti state? Since you're in Ado-Ekiti, I think it makes this a little easier. Work with officials from Agric. Min alongside the police.
I feel your pain bro. This kind of loss can be really painful. But please be careful.

This is spot On , In addition to this, kindly visit the government house and try to get audience with osokomole himself , am sure baba will reason your matter

1 Like

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by delors(m): 3:32am On Oct 15, 2016
daveP:
@ delors, this is just what you should have though before goin that direction. Why would I hate? whose ox is goad here. Besides put yourself in my shoes before you conclude..

@Sanchez it seems the Governor 's desk is the next step. Thanks
Yoh, I thought u came here for people's opinion an weigh-ins? How come you are at the forefront of putting down those offering their advice for you and your family's best interest? E be like say u sef be the problem.
I offered what I would have done if I were in your or your dad's shoes....diplomacy. If you are contacting the police, it is part of the necessary friendly steps to take as I mentioned previously. This is like being in the same compound with another tenant and u just moved in. Adults will reason like adults...and seek ways to settle scores because these guys are gonna be ur neighbours for the foreseeable future and the best thing is to avoid misunderstanding as much as possible.

Besides, it sounds like u r educated. Would u enter into a physical combat with a total illiterate who has absolutely nothing to lose? These people are uneducated and they are aggressive.

Why am I even stretching my point self...Guy, how old are u? A reasonable adult would have found sense in my comments. Cheers

1 Like

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by JW214: 4:00am On Oct 15, 2016
Please send message to Lere Olayinka(Fayose's media aide). He is very active on facebook and twitter. I can assure you, it is a fast access to Fayose. I trust him to take this matter up himself.
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by Fourwinds: 4:09am On Oct 15, 2016
daveP:
More..
next time spray d farm with chemical and kill off any cows that come in there... eye for an eye., tooth for tooth...

I hate nonsense
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by Afrocentric: 4:22am On Oct 15, 2016
peeparty:
Davep bros tell your popsy make e forget am oo.. This guys might come back to do worst #your life is @stake here.

Revenge is not always the solution,geting them to pay wouldn't solve anything instead it a trap.
COWARD. or are you one of them.? OP don't mind them, fight for your right. It's people like this that give them power.

2 Likes

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by Afrocentric: 4:23am On Oct 15, 2016
Sijo01:
Op, you and your family should be careful with those people so that they will not do the unthinkable to any of you one of these days.
it's people like you that are downgrading the south, I hate cowards

2 Likes

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by ephi123(f): 5:32am On Oct 15, 2016
Absolutely no law and order in Nigeria, imagine the loss suffered by OP and yet these guys are still roaming unchallenged all over the country because they have the implicit support of our bigoted govt.
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by Rocketicon(m): 5:49am On Oct 15, 2016
My brother! U guys should apply caution and wisdom in dealing with dis case oh!! Becos dis fulani men! Behave like their cows, the dont think and reason before making a decision.. Infact they are heartless and wickend beyond human imagination! They have a mentality dat they are above the Laws of Nigeria
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by joinnow: 5:54am On Oct 15, 2016
Collect equivalent of what was destroyed.
Plant what cow do not eat.
Get some rottweiler or pitbull on the farm
Spray snuff on your farm border cow go run mad ni
But hope you are strong to match them
1. Ak47 to Ak47
2.poison dagger to poison dager
3.juju to Juju

DaT all cheesy
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by davidif: 6:08am On Oct 15, 2016
daveP:
While we deliberated on taking it up with the police and all, my dad was busy reasoning on challenging them cos he understood their language and commuted with them, especiall one of them that had formal education to SSCE Level. I learnt from the farm manager that because he insisted on going to school, his father's wives, numbering 5 refused to give him his share of the inheritance which was actually quite a fortune. He didn't mind, but the foolishness of the wives was evident in that he was an interpreter and helped with
transporting their produce to the city where it will be bought, else, they'll rot away in the deep farm settlement all to themselves.

3) The detest formal education, Western as they call it.

5) The owners of the cows they herd are mostly politicians based mostly in Abuja

WOW! Stunning revelation.
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by 9japrof(m): 6:10am On Oct 15, 2016
doggedemmy:
Nice one! Let them pay for the loss
A friend's father had this same fulani herdsmen issue in a village in Delta State. The cows, numbering over 50 entered into my friend's dad's cassava farm of more than 10 plots. This old man was shedding tears.
Few days latter we started seeing dead bodies of cows around. We no even care, na so we begin collect free meat o grin Later we found out that the deed was carried out by one baddo for the area. The guy sprayed one kind poisonous chemical around a plot of land where the cows normally visit. Naso God take bless our Christmas and new year that year. Fulani guys self run...
nigga don't be happy yet, this Fulani niggas don't forgive, better watch your back cos they coming for retribution someday even if it take ten years
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by lagosrd: 6:26am On Oct 15, 2016
Safeguard your farm against future occurrence. Put dry pepper around the farms and thank me later.
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by Skenge98: 6:48am On Oct 15, 2016
My brother, if you love your life and the lives of people I suggest you accept the 5k you are given and stop robbing shoulder with fulanis because they are very wicked, dangerous and they have the spirit of unforgiving and revenge is their motor. My dear a word is enough for the wise. Come back fulanis no good oooo at all, at all. I rest my case.
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by shuggah(m): 7:07am On Oct 15, 2016
delors:

so 10k pays for the damage caused by those Fulanis?? its either you're a Fulani or u are one of their agents.
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by freshcvvs: 7:11am On Oct 15, 2016
shuggah:

so 10k pays for the damage caused by those Fulanis?? its either you're a Fulani or u are one of their agents.

Give your own advice and stop looking for how to put down other people's advises.
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by doggedemmy(m): 7:19am On Oct 15, 2016
I've never heard they came around again for over 15 years now
9japrof:

nigga don't be happy yet, this Fulani niggas don't forgive, better watch your back cos they coming for retribution someday even if it take ten years
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by doggedemmy(m): 7:30am On Oct 15, 2016
I can't imagine being threatened in my own community by a total stranger. So OP should collect a meagre 10k for such extent of vandalism? This is no matter of hatred, they should pay for the loss angry

1 Like

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by vislabraye(m): 7:40am On Oct 15, 2016
doggedemmy:
Nice one! Let them pay for the loss
A friend's father had this same fulani herdsmen issue in a village in Delta State. The cows, numbering over 50 entered into my friend's dad's cassava farm of more than 10 plots. This old man was shedding tears.
Few days latter we started seeing dead bodies of cows around. We no even care, na so we begin collect free meat o grin Later we found out that the deed was carried out by one baddo for the area. The guy sprayed one kind poisonous chemical around a plot of land where the cows normally visit. Naso God take bless our Christmas and new year that year. Fulani guys self run...

Them no come back come revenge because if their missing cows ? If the cows die of pesticides or whatever, the meat go still good
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 15, 2016
daveP when next you plant your maize make sure you spray your farm with cow dung. the cattle will never enter your farm.
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by athorello(m): 7:49am On Oct 15, 2016
All states down south need strong legislation on this cattle grazing. That's how cows ate my mum's entire cassava farm back in the village. After all the money and personal effort spent on clearing, planting and chemical sprays, everything was lost. No one to hold. While I was at the village I helped to spray the remaining part of the farm for replanting. The annoying thing in the south-south is that you hardly find their settlement. They only rustle their teeming cattle over our farmlands. I tried to be sarcastic that are they not rearing the cows for you dealers and sellers and she was like the cows down south looks bigger and have more flesh than those from the north. They hardly sell them because they're rearing for some "big men" and have settled the kinds and other local lords. So if you confront them in the bush it's at your own risk.
Last year the cows (supposedly owned by the previous vc) were a real menace in uniben. Cows normally graze the school (not a bad idea) but last year was beyond my 8 years in and out romance with the school. Some lecturers even complained. I hope the situation is different now.
It's time a strict legislations.
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by mukhcech(m): 7:59am On Oct 15, 2016
daveP:
A Part of the Fulani Settlement

Have you reached out to dialogue with them. At this stage assuming the disaster as a violent act is where people of prejudice normally make a blunder. I think this particular act is one of stupidity and illiteracy. And what some toddlers on this forum were advising you to do won't help anyone- if you have conscience and not as stupid and illiterate as the fulanis that destroyed your farm. I have some suggestions if you are interested anyway. N.B I am not a Fulani. I am an Ebira man with a heart.

2 Likes

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by peeparty(m): 8:00am On Oct 15, 2016
Afrocentric:
COWARD. or are you one of them.? OP don't mind them, fight for your right. It's people like this that give them power.

Oga thank you.
Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by vislabraye(m): 8:02am On Oct 15, 2016
delors:

So you expect someone whose labour and income has gone down the drain not to feel hurt or hateful. I don't think you have put yourself in the op shoes. If your source of income has gone down the drain won't you feel hurt ? Have you considered the many hours of labour ?
And saying the the Op is greedy because he wants 60k shows how insensitive you are. Do you even know the actual worth of the damage ? I guess you don't. If 10k is the value of the crop damaged, how do you now expect people to make a living from farming.

Op, I know it's painful. It's just the way Nigeria is, there's no justice. Tell them you don't need their money and drop the issue. Don't pick up a fight cos they have nothing to lose and their brother is in power.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by mukhcech(m): 8:02am On Oct 15, 2016
lagosrd:
Safeguard your farm against future occurrence. Put dry pepper around the farms and thank me later.
Thank God, Someone with a reasonable suggestion after all.

2 Likes

Re: A Bad Day With Fulani Herdsmen(Pics) by mukhcech(m): 8:05am On Oct 15, 2016
delors:

Yoh, I thought u came here for people's opinion an weigh-ins? How come you are at the forefront of putting down those offering their advice for you and your family's best interest? E be like say u sef be the problem.
I offered what I would have done if I were in your or your dad's shoes....diplomacy. If you are contacting the police, it is part of the necessary friendly steps to take as I mentioned previously. This is like being in the same compound with another tenant and u just moved in. Adults will reason like adults...and seek ways to settle scores because these guys are gonna be ur neighbours for the foreseeable future and the best thing is to avoid misunderstanding as much as possible.

Besides, it sounds like u r educated. Would u enter into a physical combat with a total illiterate who has absolutely nothing to lose? These people are uneducated and they are aggressive.

Why am I even stretching my point self...Guy, how old are u? A reasonable adult would have found sense in my comments. Cheers

Now this is how you make a comment if you are educated. thank you my Oga.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'My Name Is Ogochukwu Maduako, I Am A Farmer And A Recycler" / Maize Farming In Nigeria ( 2015 Season) - Challenges And Expectations. / Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.