Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? (2558 Views)

Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend / Man Kneel Down Propose To His Girlfriend In Present Of Her Dad, Family & Friends / Why Do Guys Kneel While Making Marriage Proposal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by ENVITIICARDS: 5:51pm On Oct 21, 2016
I remember when a Nairalander proposed to his babe without going down on his knee, the next thing was some nairalanders bashing and asking him why didn't he kneel while proposing?

I noticed its becoming a norm for Guys to kneel while proposing, not just in Africa but even in the western countries.

Then I begin to wonder what is the need for that? why do I have to go on my knee just to ask my woman if she will marry me, why?
what if she says NO?

Cant I stand while proposing to her?
I mean I can say all that lines while standing na..
"Baby, I was alone in my apartment and I thought why wasn't it gonna be furnished? then I realized its because you are not in it'. Will you marry me? cry too much oyinbo film grin cheesy

What will happen if ladies propose to their guys? I think the kneeling thing might make more sense to me since its their thing.

Ladies, how do you want to be proposed to? must he go down on his knee?

Guys, will you go on your knee?

does it make a difference?

photo credited to ...... http://girliegossip.com/the-perfect-leap-year-proposal-for-proposing-to-a-man/

Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by HQuadreal: 6:00pm On Oct 21, 2016
I didn't see any different.
Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by ENVITIICARDS: 6:04pm On Oct 21, 2016
HQuadreal:
I didn't see any different.

but some do
Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by Lazyreporta(m): 6:06pm On Oct 21, 2016
Make egbon lalasticlala come answer us weda him knee or not? cheesy grin
Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by HQuadreal: 6:06pm On Oct 21, 2016
ENVITIICARDS:

but some do
Hmmm OK.
Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by ENVITIICARDS: 6:09pm On Oct 21, 2016
make i call lalasticlala for u?
e b like say u no blive
grin grin grin grin grin

HQuadreal:

Hmmm OK.
Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by HQuadreal: 6:11pm On Oct 21, 2016
Call am sharp sharp we need more comments.
Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 21, 2016
I think is just a sign of respect for the women...And courtesy demands a gentleman does so.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 21, 2016
nop its not.
Am gonna propose to my girl after a very good sex
Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by emeraldknytt(m): 6:15pm On Oct 21, 2016
I dunno if this is convincing enough but there seem to be something like; Kneel for her just once and she, for a woman who cherishes you, will kneel for you indefinitely... To serve your meals, to greet (more reason I love yoruba culture), to kiss, to et cetera.,
I wouldn't expect such treatment from toothpick-leg ladies out there. After all, westernization has desecrated what we held in high esteem.... Kim k wanabes gon give you twerking as a good morning.. That one na life? sad

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 21, 2016
herbie27:
I think is just a sign of respect for the women...And courtesy demands gentlemen do so.
when are you gonna stop watching Barbie movies? undecided
Wallowing in your small world of fantasies

2 Likes

Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by ENVITIICARDS: 6:18pm On Oct 21, 2016
herbie27:
I think is just a sign of respect for the women...And courtesy demands a gentleman does so.

explain that ma....

thank you
Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by ENVITIICARDS: 6:19pm On Oct 21, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
kim k part got me
emeraldknytt:
I dunno if this is convincing enough but there seem to be something like; Kneel for her just once and she, for a woman who cherishes you, will kneel for you indefinitely... To serve your meals, to greet (more reason I love yoruba culture), to kiss, to et cetera.,
I wouldn't expect such treatment from toothpick-leg ladies out there. After all, westernization has desecrated what we held in high esteem.... Kim k wanabes gon give you twerking as a good morning.. That one na life? sad
Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by AlexCk: 6:20pm On Oct 21, 2016
I guess because it's an act of submission, giving yourself to the mercy of the other person. So when we kneel, we’re showing that we truly trust our partner, and that we’re completely committed to intertwining our life with theirs.

It’s also kinda nice n cute grin grin

My guesses tho

2 Likes

Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 21, 2016
Personally am against it! lipsrsealed

but......being on your kneels for some seconds will cause " NO" harm to anyone!

its all about "Chivalry" we just do it to preserve mental decency!! #probity

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 21, 2016
ENVITIICARDS:

explain that ma....

thank you
Where did "marriage proposals" originate from?...obviously from the westerners as op already said so, how is it done?.
Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by ENVITIICARDS: 6:23pm On Oct 21, 2016
AlexCk:
I guess because it's an act of submission, giving yourself to the mercy of the other person. So when we kneel, we’re showing that we truly trust our partner, and that we’re completely committed to intertwining our life with theirs.

It’s also kinda nice n cute grin grin

My guesses tho

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 21, 2016
Only cowardly effeminate bitch-men kneel for women...

Show some class you orcs.. angry

2 Likes

Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by ENVITIICARDS: 6:24pm On Oct 21, 2016
must we folo their ways?

herbie27:
Where did "marriage proposals" originate from?...obviously from the westerners as op already said so, how is it done?.
Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 21, 2016
ucsparks:
when are you gonna stop watching Barbie movies? undecided
Wallowing in your small world of fantasies

"Small world of fantasies", you say.
You can propose to your fiancee while beating her up...your choice but just stated what i think is the reason behind the kneeling.
Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 21, 2016
ENVITIICARDS:
must we folo their ways?

You mustn't.
But the kneeling part makes it romantic.

Just imagine a scenario where you just walked to her saying a whole lot, followed by a ring. grin
Looks dry to me.
Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by hos4x(m): 6:43pm On Oct 21, 2016
So make e day fly abi
Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by Lazyreporta(m): 6:46pm On Oct 21, 2016
herbie27:
You mustn't.
But the kneeling part makes it romantic.

Just imagine a scenario where you just walked to her saying a whole lot, followed by a ring. grin
Looks dry to me.

I get ur point though
But wen suv is involved even if Na with slap e go romantic abi
Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 21, 2016
Lazyreporta:

I get ur point though
But wen suv is involved even if Na with slap e go romantic abi

Try that at your peril. grin
Not all women are materialistic in expense to their values.
Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by Lazyreporta(m): 7:01pm On Oct 21, 2016
herbie27:

Try that at your peril. grin
Not all women are materialistic in expense to their values.

But i heard ladies say dey wil rather cry in an suv Dan make dem dey happy for bicycle

To an extent am justified grin
Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 21, 2016
Lazyreporta:

But i heard ladies say dey will rather cry in an suv Dan make dem dey happy for bicycle

To an extent am justified grin
Have never heard of that. grin
Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by Lazyreporta(m): 8:32pm On Oct 21, 2016
herbie27:
Have never heard of that. grin

Oya talk tru small na
MAke devil shame

grin grin
Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by missvera(f): 8:35pm On Oct 21, 2016
Capital YES
Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by Lazyreporta(m): 8:38pm On Oct 21, 2016
missvera:
Capital YES

Give me 1 reason?
Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by Adeinfo: 8:58pm On Oct 21, 2016
herbie27:

That's a wrong orientation from u. it's not courtesy but western culture.....
Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 21, 2016
missvera:
Capital YES
infact come and lie down here..you need to be flogged
Re: Must A Man Kneel While Proposing ? by Lazyreporta(m): 6:50am On Oct 22, 2016
cheesy
Bluehawk:
infact come and lie down here..you need to be flogged

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Naija Babes Naked Pix And Sex Videos / “my Lover And Her Uncle Banged Me Same Night” – Lady Claim / Why Do Some Women Prefer Masturbation To Real Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.