Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here (53306 Views)

Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by jonbellion(m): 7:48am On Oct 25, 2016
wackpoet:

Guess no matter how different our views are ,we have one thing in common ; we are both Jon Bellion fans. I do not believe in evolution basically because it makes minimal sense and there aren't factual proof of its happening, just theories by ' prominent ' scientists. Most scientists go along with evolution because it is like a gate pass to acceptance in the scientific community. Evolution hasn't and cannot account for the origin of life ( correct me if I'm wrong) . Because the first life form, the first DNA molecule had to have come with a pre-programmed information that would help it replicate and scientists agree that information must come from an intelligent source ( whom we call God) . if it was that a few clicks just happened and life was formed from inorganic components, I might understand evolutionary point of view . But no, there were a million and one variations that could have happened , but everything just followed a precise pattern all leading up to all forms of life we have now . I don't claim to be an authority on the subject but do check out this audio ' Stephen Meyer Vs Peter Atkins( renowned chemist, atheist and author of most of your university text book) arguing on the movie ' Expelled ' . This is the you tube link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSZlPZvIOC0 . Read, listen and be sure of what exactly you defend.
yeah Jon bellion is a great guy it's cool you're a fan. I know evolution doesn't explain the origin of life. I don't know how life came about but I know the Abrahamic God is no scientist cuz from the bible it was obvious he knew nothing about science. I was actually a creationist before. It wasn't until I studied evolution extensively and saw where the evolutionary biologists were coming from. Nothing explains the rise of marsupial animals better that covergent evolution. It fits so perfectly with the theory if you understand it. I would ask you to try and make your own research to try and look at it from an evolutionary biologists point of view

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by BALLOSKI: 7:50am On Oct 25, 2016
Nice watch! But he should have continued using those facts more than he was using biblical verses towards the end of the movie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 25, 2016
naijaFrank:
I certainly think that most Intelligent people understand that the world was created by a stronger and more complex being or beings. That has never been in question if you have an open mind. Even simple things don't usually just fall in place without effort.

In my opinion however, The Atheists and the religious are on opposite sides of the same spectrum where one believes that the world and man was created by a big bang and the other believes it was created by a particular God. Both have no evidence in the matter of creation except a believe system that may have been manipulated and adjusted to conform to one's level of intelligence.

In the documentary, the speaker made a reference to colours in a book as a simple evidence that there is a designer of books. For a deep thinker, there could be many designers. After all the germans made Mercedes and the Koreans made KIA. Having a designer does not necessarily compel me to believe that there is only a single source of this super intelligence... What if there are multiple Gods as our ancestors believe?

Having said that, I am Agnostic with a tiny bit of faith perhaps as a result of my Christian upbringing.

My believe system is based on the simple fact that I do not know anything for sure. Maybe there is one God, maybe there are a million and maybe there is none - Maybe we do not yet possess a level of intelligence to make sense of the complexity of nature. Maybe the mystery and the pursuit of this knowledge is important in the spectrum of life.

Both the religious and the atheists arguments are not compelling... Not the big bang and definitely not Adam and Eve having so much sex they made black, asian and white children.
Hey Frank, wouldn't you wanna go ahead and publish that or become a writer? ingenious and well written.
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by GRIMMJOE(m): 8:03am On Oct 25, 2016
donbrowser:

Weed ko Breeze ni
So Elephant grass is pollinated by wind?
Did I mention flower?
Explain how you find weeds growing where they are not planted SIMPLE!
You obviously didn't study Agricultural or Biological science,even the carpet grass you see requires seeds,The whitish mold on mostly bathroom walls require a seed,the green algae and fungi requires a seed and are transported by wind,water,insect, birds,e.t.c.. Am very sure you don't even know that not all animals die,some are immortal
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by donbrowser(m): 8:04am On Oct 25, 2016
Lennycool:

Water in its pure form has no colour, but if you feel different please tell me the colour of water.
Close your eyes in shame. How can you say water has no colour...
Your masters are too confused to name water a colour. If it has no colour, how do you recognise it, how do you differentiate from yoghurt?

Have a nice day.
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by sekundosekundo: 8:04am On Oct 25, 2016
jonbellion:
but you know the deity you worship jesus Christ was not accepted by the Jews. Why? Because he simply did not fufill the messianic prophecies yet you guys made a religion out of him that you ripped off from Judaism and you are happy about this??

Wow! all I know is that as an atheist, I was into masturbation for 20yrs, I fornicate, I lie easily, I was a drunkard, I steal and do a lot of evil because I was made to believe that I am not answerable to any God but when I became a Christian all the evil l was doing stopped by the power of God. My father who was an atheist even told me on his sick bed to embrace Christ. He told me a lot. He died about 5yrs ago at the age of 96yrs all through this years he was an atheist. My mum also died as an atheist. l know better than you know. And cannot be deceived any more.

1 Like

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by GRIMMJOE(m): 8:12am On Oct 25, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Wow! all I know is that as an atheist, I was into masturbation for 20yrs, I fornicate, I lie easily, I was a drunkard, I steal and do a lot of evil because I was made to believe that I am not answerable to any God but when I became a Christian all the evil l was doing stopped by the power of God. My father who was an atheist even told me on his sick bed to embrace Christ. He told me a lot. He died about 5yrs ago at the age of 96yrs all through this years he was an atheist. My mum also died as an atheist. l know better than you know. And cannot be deceived any more.
@ bolded if you felt you could do as you please cos your not questionable to any God,then you were never an atheist you never were one of us.
Just like Christians who steal,kill, do all those cos God is a forgiven and mercy full God can never be called Christians

2 Likes

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by donbrowser(m): 8:14am On Oct 25, 2016
GRIMMJOE:
You obviously didn't study Agricultural or Biological science,even the carpet grass you see requires seeds,The whitish mold on mostly bathroom walls require a seed,the green algae and fungi requires a seed and are transported by wind,water,insect, birds,e.t.c.. Am very sure you don't even know that not all animals die,some are immortal
Hey boss, the argument wasn't between both of us. I knew he would raised his shoulder, jump to the sky and beat his chest to answer that question only for me to later ask him the colour of water an he was blabbing.
Now tell me the colour of water please. Under which science should I classify that and don't tell me it's colourless.
Thanks.
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 25, 2016
iRyan:
Hey Frank, wouldn't you wanna go ahead and publish that or become a writer? ingenious and well written.

Oga Ryan,

I'm glad you found my thoughts interesting.
Such a refreshing voice... I was already bracing myself for one of the Nairaland trolls to throw insults at me (smiling)
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by jonbellion(m): 8:17am On Oct 25, 2016
ever811:
what's the dictionary mean I of artificial sir...then tell me how banana is artificial sir..thank you
okay artificially selected fruits or animals were guided by humans. For example in a chickens farmers would take the chickens that produce more eggs and make them breed with others. This way the next generation of chickens would also have that ability plus they will have other different traits like they may be bigger or have a different shape of beak and continued like that the chickens would continue to be breeded Eventually all this small changes in each generation would lead to very big differences later on. It is just like a drop of water continuously falling into a bucket. Eventually given enough time that bucket will be filled up. That is basically hiw evolution works. You can also do research on it yourself. There are a lot of books on evolution I can recommend to you if you want to have a good understanding

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 25, 2016
donbrowser:

Your masters are too confused to name water a colour. If it has no colour, how do you recognise it, how do you differentiate from yoghurt?

Have a nice day
please what is the colour of water? Thou skipper of all science classes. Cause what I know is that water is made from two colourless elements. Oxygen and hydrogen that react together to form water. H2O
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by jonbellion(m): 8:22am On Oct 25, 2016
sekundosekundo:

oooh wow you sound like you lived a very free life. I can't live like that even if I don't believe in any God l. I know drinking is bad for my health so I don't do that. I don't smoke or party or sleep around cuz I feel it's not healthy. You don't have to live a wild lifestyle because you lack a belief in a deity . I know i don't

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by jonbellion(m): 8:25am On Oct 25, 2016
Marvel1206:

Nairaland is really giving voice to the voiceless, can't imagine some myopic halfwitted retardêd ignoramus sitting behind their keypads typing shīt about other people's religion, you could have communicated without the unnecessary insults coming from two fish brain headed morons. idiats
lol nawa for you oo did I insult in the comment you quoted me on
Anyway keep spreading hr christian love wink
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by GRIMMJOE(m): 8:29am On Oct 25, 2016
donbrowser:

Have a nice day.
Abeg na,you guys talk like you don't know the basic of science
We see water because of it reflection of light ray,and it explain why we see a mirror glass even when its colourless in this case the reflection is our image or anything at the other end of the mirror
in the case of water in swimming pool it seen as blue because it reflection is the sky which is blue and that explain oceans and seas.
Collectively water in a glass cup may appear colour less,but if viewed individually you will find out water has components know as H2O
Blood is also viewed collectively as Red but individually it is not
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by donbrowser(m): 8:31am On Oct 25, 2016
Lennycool:

please what is the colour of water? Thou skipper of all science classes. Cause what I know is that water is made from two colourless elements. Oxygen and hydrogen that react together to form water. H2O
How do you differentiate water from yoghurt?
If you tell me water is colourless then the existence of God is.........
AWAMARIDI OLODUMARE grin
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by franugo(m): 8:31am On Oct 25, 2016
afroxyz:
My own take is that I wouldn't say that there is no God. But telling me that the Abraham in God is the true one is a big lie. If we are approaching 9billion people on earth, and God created all of us in his image, and science says no human being is the same, does it not imply God exists in about 9 billion ways?

But then again, science has told us that the earth is in a constant state of evolution. Energy is changing and being recreated into forms. Particles mix to create new forms. There is a logic to that.

sensible

2 Likes

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by MrMontella(m): 8:33am On Oct 25, 2016
ever811:
sir,so going by the first definition.. its shows that banana either the bush or the one we consume are products of nature not man made so go back and read that your comment again...where you said the banana we consume is artificial.. thank you
lol..you dont even know what the word artificial implies...
We said...the banana we have today is as a result of artificial selection by humans...not nature..
Go and read up artificial selection..i cant argue simple agric'
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by jonbellion(m): 8:33am On Oct 25, 2016
HardMirror:

But he is making sense. If you believe someone MUST have created man, is it not also reasonable to believe someone created the God that created man?
Or do you expect such a god to exist on his own? That sound like evolution to me. Did god evolve out of nothing?
they have failed to realise that their God is the biggest athiest of all time since it feels nothing created it
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by Edenoscar(m): 8:33am On Oct 25, 2016
bigbigger8:

So which monkey did u evolve from? U are d big joke here to think here. No wonder d white man used to say Africans are monkeys. Indeed,u came from a family of apes,not me. Evolution my ass.
you know the funny thing about science ''its true whether you believe it or not

1 Like

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by donbrowser(m): 8:34am On Oct 25, 2016
GRIMMJOE:
Abeg na,you guys talk like you don't know the basic of science
We see water because of it reflection of light ray,and it explain why we see a mirror glass even when its colourless in this case the reflection is our image or anything at the other end of the mirror
in the case of water in swimming pool it seen as blue because it reflection is the sky which is blue and that explain oceans and seas.
Collectively water in a glass cup may appear colour less,but if viewed individually you will find out water has components know as H2O
Blood is also viewed collectively as Red but individually it is not
Crap all through!
Water has a colour your masters are too confused to name it!
How do you differentiate water from blood?
Why can't you claim blood is colourless?
Think deep bro
Think deep
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by neocortex: 8:35am On Oct 25, 2016
felixomor:

U r still lying.
U didnt watch the upper video. 'the atheist delusion"

U can see how Seun has used the 2nd video to blind una?
To distract u people from the 1st video.

You claimed to watch the video yet you can't state
one single argument from the said video, all you
did is counter other peoples point of view.
Can I say that you don't understand the movie or
you haven't watched it ?
The Atheist delusion is a movie for unthinking
people, any argument which fails to prove the existence
of a god is pointless no matter how "sweet" it may sound.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by GRIMMJOE(m): 8:36am On Oct 25, 2016
donbrowser:

How do you differentiate water from yoghurt?
If you tell me water is colourless then the existence of God is.........
AWAMARIDI OLODUMARE grin
ard you comparing your God as a water
Or you saying God is made up of H2O?
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by dhebz2pon(m): 8:37am On Oct 25, 2016
Wow nice thread,bin observing since and I really learn alot.i believe in what I want to believe in,be u Christian,muslim or an atheist wat I want is everybody shud do good,lets b our brothers keeper.

Religion and science grin
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by donbrowser(m): 8:40am On Oct 25, 2016
GRIMMJOE:
ard you comparing your God as a water Or you saying God is made up of H2O?
Hahahaha There are somethings you can't just explain. You simply could not tell me the colour of water I simply cannot tell you how God came into being.

Bye grin

1 Like

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by GRIMMJOE(m): 8:43am On Oct 25, 2016
donbrowser:

Crap all through!
Water has a colour your masters are too confused to name it!
How do you differentiate water from blood?
Why can't you claim blood is colourless?
Think deep bro
Think deep
Now your say I should tell you the difference between water and blood? guy,haba now
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by chris2face(m): 8:45am On Oct 25, 2016
GRIMMJOE:

GRIMMJOE can u please give me some examples of animals that are immortal please

Am not in the same level of education with u guys but am finding the argument interesting

Please kindly share more light on this
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by masciv: 8:46am On Oct 25, 2016
Well I'm not one to get into unreasonable arguments but then the truth here is that we all believe in something whether atheists admit it or not. The belief that GOD doesn't exist is a belief in itself so I feel it's pointless to be arguing against other people's belief when you're holding onto one vehemently.
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by EternalBeing: 8:48am On Oct 25, 2016
jonbellion:
wtf are you saying. Why are you ignorant naaaaaaa. For Gods sake ray comfort even took the video down because he was informed he was wrong. The banana we know today is a seedless tripod an asexual clone bred through banana tree pups these are manually cut side shoots of the parent clone including a stem and some roots. It is only through human cultivation he has managed to survive this long despite the fact it is not sexually propagated. The wild bamanas have hard flesh and inedible seeds. Plus bananas only grow in the tropics. Jesus certainly
had not seen a banana. So if they are designed for consumption why do they only grow in the tropics that people don't have access to. Ray comfort took the video down cuz he discovered he was wrong and you are here defending him nawa oo
If truely he took down the video, that should be because he doesn't have a tertiary education and was overwhelmed by the "scientific authority". They've really schemed so hard to score points against GOD with truth suppression deceiving the gullibles. The okro looking species is NOT THE ONLY UNMODIFIED BANANA form the wide . You can never find a picture of our natural less sugary Local Slim Banana on Internet, try and see. Why?! The only ones we see is the genetically modified smooth ones. I did my research and discovred that our African naturally occiring edible banana as we know it today was a naturally occuring plant since stone age years ago was not genetically modified. In fact, edible bananas as our local African asexual seedless (reproduces by natural spreading suckers)was first propergated from the wide 8,000 years ago without GMO tech. Man knows how to domesticate banana from time immemorial, these satanic scientists masqurading as atheist should stop claiming that the World was so useless till their era. There are good scientists that serves the living GOD too.

https://cwh.ucsc.edu/bananas/Site/Early%20History%20of%20the%20Banana.html

"The origins of the banana are as complex and convoluted as the nature of the banana’s
taxonomic origins themselves. Archeologists
have focused on the Kuk valley of New Guinea
around 8,000 BCE (Before Common Era) as the
area where humans first domesticated the
banana. Additionally, though this is the first
known location of banana domestication, other
spontaneous domestication may have
occurred throughout the Southeast Asia and the
South Pacific. Therefore, Kuk is the first
known instance of banana domestication, but it
is probably not the cradle from which all other
domesticated species sprang."

1 Like

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 25, 2016
GRIMMJOE:
@ bolded if you felt you could do as you please cos your not questionable to any God,then you were never an atheist you never were one of us.
Just like Christians who steal,kill, do all those cos God is a forgiven and mercy full God can never be called Christians

Mr Atheist Psychologist so who is a bonafide Atheist? Has no Bonafide atheist ever done a u-turn and denounce Atheism and?

So tell me was Christopher Hitchens brother a bonafide atheist or not especially since he did all sekundosekundo stated. Please note that Christopher Hitchens was a world renowned atheist who converted his brother Peter Hitchens into Atheism and his brother was the violent side of him...He was a militant atheist but today Peter is born again and has embraced Christ and he did this long before Christopher died of cancer and even debated Christopher openely.

So Mr expert again I ask you who is a true Atheist?
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by Edenoscar(m): 8:59am On Oct 25, 2016
4everGod:

Mr Atheist Psychologist so who is a bonafide Atheist? Has no Bonafide atheist ever done a u-turn and denounce Atheism and?

So tell me was Christopher Hitchens brother a bonafide atheist or not especially since he did all sekundosekundo stated. Please note that Christopher Hitchens was a world renowned atheist who converted his brother Peter Hitchens into Atheism and his brother was the violent side of him...He was a militant atheist but today Peter is born again and has embraced Christ and he did this long before Christopher died of cancer and even debated Christopher openely.

So Mr expert again I ask you who is a true Atheist?

christopher hitchens converted his brother right just keep lieing
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by felixomor: 9:03am On Oct 25, 2016
neocortex:

You claimed to watch the video yet you can't state
one single argument from the said video, all you
did is counter other peoples point of view.
Can I say that you don't understand the movie or
you haven't watched it ?

The Atheist delusion is a movie for unthinking
people, any argument which fails to prove the existence
of a god is pointless no matter how "sweet" it may sound.

Its like u have some eye issues, sorry to say.

Go through the thread and come back.
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by franugo(m): 9:04am On Oct 25, 2016
kadas01:
All you atheists who are "tiny, frail and peccable mortals", just like every human being, are so blind to realise that THE CREATOR HIMSELF gave mankind science; but instead of showing appreciation for the gift of science that HE gave for our sole benefit; you choose to always display extreme arrogance towards THE OWNER of science HIMSELF and the entire Universe; and that is the major reason why the world has gone terribly bad today with so much evil because of the "nauseating level of conceit" exhibited by these so called atheists!

Please, kindly do NOT quote my post!

Thank you!

no one gave mankind science bro, dt na fallacious stmt

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

T.B Joshua: Woman Gives Birth During Church Service (graphic Video) / Steps Where Jesus walked Healed a Blind Man Unearthed In Jerusalem / Florida Pastor Caught In Bed With The Wife Of A Church Member (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.