Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here (53291 Views)

Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by Xtopher123(m): 5:47am On Oct 25, 2016
Biamond:
atheists in the house.... is there anything like "sin" ? educate me abeg

As long as there's Law then there's SIN..

Cos without the law there won't be any SIN.. The Law brought about SIN..

1 Like

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by Xtopher123(m): 5:56am On Oct 25, 2016
chronique:
Only a fool says there's no God. If you cannot explain to me how I was created,how oxygen was created and specifically designed to be the only air that can keep man alive,how my flesh was made and from what material it was designed and manufactured from,and how/why it was made to that particular texture,etc,you'd have to keep quiet and accept there's a God somewhere,who influenced everything to be the way it is. Life is too complex to have evolved on its own without someone directing the evolution. People say humans evolved from apes;how come the other apes remainging today couldn't evolve with their counterparts? Where they given a time frame? Who directed the timing?

I'd rather live my life believing that there's a God and fiind out on the last day that there's no God,than believing that theree's no God,but finding/meeting God on the last day. That would be foolishness on my part.

Has your Supposed God explained the above to you? NO..

That we don't have the answers now, doesn't mean we should hastily attribute it to a non existent god.. Cos that'll slow down the pace of Actually knowing

1 Like

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by Xtopher123(m): 5:57am On Oct 25, 2016
pressplay411:
To question the existence of a creator is asinine.
Even this platform won't exist if it wasn't "created" by Seun.

The complexity of the universe and human anatomy is self evident that there has to be s Master Mind behind all these.

Questioning religion and religious beliefs and doctrines is the appropriate argument.

Even the Creator wouldn't have existed without being created.. If that's the way you wanna out it.. Or don't you think so? undecided
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by foladara777(m): 5:58am On Oct 25, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Do we really have Atheist? Those that really believe in atheism need seriously spiritual cleansing because most of their arguments are unfounded and inconclusive
Actually, it's the argument of the theists that always seems inferior. If u follow most of the arguments, the atheists usually win

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by jonbellion(m): 6:01am On Oct 25, 2016
bigbigger8:

So which monkey did u evolve from? U are d big joke here to think here. No wonder d white man used to say Africans are monkeys. Indeed,u came from a family of apes,not me. Evolution my ass.
lol you creationists crack me up. So you believe in intelligent design the comedy of science. Lol okaaaay you don't have to believe in evolution but your not accepting it does not make it a lie that is something you do not seem to understand. And btw we did not evolve from apes how is this hard to understand. The modern apes and the humans share a common ancestor. I'm sure the Alsatian christian dog also tells his friends it didn't evolve from a wolf despite being artificially selected by humans 10 000 years ago to the various dog breeds we have today. You did not come from a modern ape oo. You and then share a common ancestor. Our other species like homo Neanderthalis and homo erectus have died out. Or did they inform you that us homo sapiens are the only human species in your church?

4 Likes

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by oglalasioux(m): 6:02am On Oct 25, 2016
jonbellion:
Ray comfort and his fellow Australian idiot ken ham are making a joke of science. Ken ham has a creation museum that actually TEACHES children that the earth is 6000 years old and dinosaurs and humans lived together. Please what kind of an idiot is this man If creationists don't like evolutionists what of palaeontologists?? They aren't evolutionists but they find fossils and carbon date them to show how long ago they lived
Or geologists. Or astrophysicists
All these professions prove that we live in an old earth and an even older universe. Why can't creationists just move on and appreciate the bible as literature and a noble attempt of understanding the world at the bronze age
*facepalm*

Thumbs up!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by oglalasioux(m): 6:05am On Oct 25, 2016
jonbellion:
it was basically about according to ray comfort "the book of life" DNA he says DNA is like a programmed code and like every program it has an author. He interviewed physicist Lawrence kraus and asked him the same question and the man gave him an example of a snowflake a complex design from nature. This was still not enough for ray comfort. One thing he fails to take into consideration is that the Abrahamic God is not the only God mankind has created but comfort acts like he's the creator of everything when that one didn't then know what a microorganism was. The truth is humans simply don't know if there's a creator or not but the fact is the creator can never be the Abrahamic God cuz that one didn't have the slightest clue of science

I've been shouting myself hoarse over this.

2 Likes

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by donbrowser(m): 6:09am On Oct 25, 2016
HardMirror:

But he is making sense. If you believe someone MUST have created man, is it not also reasonable to believe someone created the God that created man?
Or do you expect such a god to exist on his own? That sound like evolution to me. Did god evolve out of nothing?
Can you explain how weeds grow?
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 25, 2016
dhesire:

This has always been my comfort, whenever I am confronted with issues like this.
One day it will all end, if Heaven/Hell is real and you die a FAITHFUL CHRISTIAN, then nothing to lose and again if Heaven/Hell is not real and you die, again nothing to lose but if you die an Atheist and you find that Heaven/Hell is real, then you are a confirmed LOSER!
Well I hate to piss on your comfort. But there are 4999 thousand Gods remaining, how do you know you settled on the right one. Even Allah will not be forgiving if you're wrong on Yahweh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by cococandy(f): 6:19am On Oct 25, 2016
felixomor:

Which of the videos did u watch?
the banana video
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by Nobody: 6:26am On Oct 25, 2016
donbrowser:

Can you explain how weeds grow?
Wow, How do weeds grow? That's a new one. And how does that refute his point?
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by felixomor: 6:31am On Oct 25, 2016
cococandy:
the banana video

Ok sorry, they also suceeded in distracting u with that funny banana video.
Watch the main video "the atheist delusion"
Thats what the thread was about.

1 Like

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by jblackbell(m): 6:35am On Oct 25, 2016
[quote author=GRIMMJOE post=50483129] No we won't, my advice life is too short live it well and right,do good unto others,
And stop hoping for a better life in a non existing heaven where all you do all day is praise,
How will you feel when you family that failed to make it,burn for

A child of 6 years old go to hell for stealing a piece of meat

we are all born in sin,so where do dead babies to to

How old are we going to be in this after life

How do a man survive in a fish for days

The sun stood still,no natural disaster

So tell me if a strange unknown man turns water to win will you drink it

Most Christian are Christian cos they were born into it as well as Muslim

And they are over 4000 religion

And some people still believe the earth is 2000 years old[/quote)
All you just said are bunch of malarkey. I thought for a while the best way to respond to your comment and I decided the best thing to do was to ask God to reveal himself to you personally.
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by jblackbell(m): 6:38am On Oct 25, 2016
GRIMMJOE:
No we won't, my advice life is too short live it well and right,do good unto others,
And stop hoping for a better life in a non existing heaven where all you do all day is praise,
How will you feel when you family that failed to make it,burn for

A child of 6 years old go to hell for stealing a piece of meat

we are all born in sin,so where do dead babies to to

How old are we going to be in this after life

How do a man survive in a fish for days

The sun stood still,no natural disaster

So tell me if a strange unknown man turns water to win will you drink it

Most Christian are Christian cos they were born into it as well as Muslim

And they are over 4000 religion

And some people still believe the earth is 2000 years old
All you just said are bunch of malarkey. I thought for a while the best way to respond to your comment and I decided the best thing to do was to ask God to reveal himself to you personally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by Dantee005(m): 6:39am On Oct 25, 2016
dhesire:

This has always been my comfort, whenever I am confronted with issues like this.
One day it will all end, if Heaven/Hell is real and you die a FAITHFUL CHRISTIAN, then nothing to lose and again if Heaven/Hell is not real and you die, again nothing to lose but if you die an Atheist and you find that Heaven/Hell is real, then you are a confirmed LOSER!
Oboi suppose u de my front I for carry u go mama put ...u xoxo right... cheesy
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by cococandy(f): 6:40am On Oct 25, 2016
felixomor:

Ok sorry, they also suceeded in distracting u with that funny banana video.
Watch the main video "the atheist delusion"
Thats what the thread was about.
let's agree the banana video doesn't make sense.

It's doesn't remove anything from una argument
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by felixomor: 6:44am On Oct 25, 2016
cococandy:
let's agree the banana video doesn't make sense.

It's doesn't remove anything from una argument

Was there any argument on the banana video in d first place?
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by donbrowser(m): 6:45am On Oct 25, 2016
Lennycool:

Wow, How do weeds grow? That's a new one. And how does that refute his point?
Some weeds have seeds, some just grow and cannot be explained. Why then do they ask how God exist?

Conclusion: when people don't have answers to certain things they tend to go obese about it.

Now look at this:

Is water really colourless?

Is water really tasteless?

Why can't they and their scientists find answers to these too?
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 25, 2016
I certainly think that most Intelligent people understand that the world was created by a stronger and more complex being or beings. That has never been in question if you have an open mind. Even simple things don't usually just fall in place without effort.

In my opinion however, The Atheists and the religious are on opposite sides of the same spectrum where one believes that the world and man was created by a big bang and the other believes it was created by a particular God. Both have no evidence in the matter of creation except a believe system that may have been manipulated and adjusted to conform to one's level of intelligence.

In the documentary, the speaker made a reference to colours in a book as a simple evidence that there is a designer of books. For a deep thinker, there could be many designers. After all the germans made Mercedes and the Koreans made KIA. Having a designer does not necessarily compel me to believe that there is only a single source of this super intelligence... What if there are multiple Gods as our ancestors believe?

Having said that, I am Agnostic with a tiny bit of faith perhaps as a result of my Christian upbringing.

My believe system is based on the simple fact that I do not know anything for sure. Maybe there is one God, maybe there are a million and maybe there is none - Maybe we do not yet possess a level of intelligence to make sense of the complexity of nature. Maybe the mystery and the pursuit of this knowledge is important in the spectrum of life.

Both the religious and the atheists arguments are not compelling... Not the big bang and definitely not Adam and Eve having so much sex they made black, asian and white children.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by jonbellion(m): 6:53am On Oct 25, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Stop deceiving yourself, my parents were atheists and I was an atheist for over 30yrs. Since I became a Christian, I know better. I will advice you to leave atheism for your own good.
but you know the deity you worship jesus Christ was not accepted by the Jews. Why? Because he simply did not fufill the messianic prophecies yet you guys made a religion out of him that you ripped off from Judaism and you are happy about this??
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 25, 2016
donbrowser:

Some weeds have seeds, some just grow and cannot be explained. Why then do they ask how God exist?

Conclusion: when people don't have answers to certain things they tend to go obese about it.

Now look at this:

Is water really colourless?

Is water really tasteless?

Why can't they and their scientists find answers to these too?

Jesus Christ !!!! Did you just support spontaneous generation. To borrow from a NL *face palm*
You just supported a proposition science has disproved since 1860 when Louis Pasteur, proved it impossible. I swear you theist are taking us back to the dark ages.
Weeds can be pollinated by insects, wind or even flowing water, anything that can transport its tiny seeds.
You must have skipped agricultural science class.

1 Like

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by ollah2: 6:58am On Oct 25, 2016
dhesire:

They have the backing of their master: SEUN.
This same SEUN will one day confess his ignorance openly, mark my word!

What if you are the ignorant dude here?
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by jonbellion(m): 6:58am On Oct 25, 2016
naijaFrank:
I certainly think that most Intelligent people understand that the world was created by a stronger and more complex being or beings. That has never been in question if you have an open mind. Even simple things don't usually just fall in place without effort.

In my opinion however, The Atheists and the religious are on opposite sides of the same spectrum where one believes that the world and man was created by a big bang and the other believes it was created by a particular God. Both have no evidence in the matter of creation except a believe system that may have been manipulated and adjusted to conform to one's level of intelligence.

In the documentary, the speaker made a reference to colours in a book as a simple evidence that there is a designer of books. For a deep thinker, there could be many designers. After all the germans made Mercedes and the Koreans made KIA. Having a designer does not necessarily compel me to believe that there is only a single source of this super intelligence... What if there are multiple Gods as our ancestors believe?

Having said that, I am Agnostic with a tiny bit of faith perhaps as a result of my Christian upbringing.

My believe system is based on the simple fact that I do not know anything for sure. Maybe there is one God, maybe there are a million and maybe there is none - Maybe we do not yet possess a level of intelligence to make sense of the complexity of nature. Maybe the mystery and the pursuit of this knowledge is important in the spectrum of life.

Both arguments are not compelling... Not the big bang and definitely not Adam and Eve having so much sex they made black, asian and white children.
you are on the right track dude I understand you. However there is evidence for the big bang the big bang is not an explosion per se the name is misleading. It is simply an expansion due to the fact our universe is still expanding. This was proven with red shift. Cosmic microwave background radiation is also a reason. I'm also agnostic but u simply feel that the Abrahamic God cannot be the creator of our universe because from the bible he lacked the basic understanding of science. Not to mwantion he has traits that can't be attributed to a perfect being

1 Like

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by donbrowser(m): 7:01am On Oct 25, 2016
Lennycool:

Jesus Christ !!!! Did you just support spontaneous generation. To borrow from a NL *face palm*
You just supported a proposition science has disproved since 1860 when Louis Pasteur, proved it impossible. I swear you theist are taking us back to the dark ages.
Weeds can be pollinated by insects, wind or even flowing water, anything that can transport its tiny seeds.
You must have skipped agricultural science class.
Weed ko Breeze ni
So Elephant grass is pollinated by wind?
Did I mention flower?
Explain how you find weeds growing where they are not planted SIMPLE!

1 Like

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by ollah2: 7:10am On Oct 25, 2016
MizTyna:

Exactly why I'm Agnostic

I thought ur a christian
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 25, 2016
donbrowser:

Weed ko Breeze ni
So Elephant grass is pollinated by wind?
Did I mention flower?
Explain how you find weeds growing where they are not planted SIMPLE!
I just answered you. Thou skipper of science classes. Weeds, flowers and most plants can be pollinated by wind, insects and even rain. All you need to do is move there pollen grain. That's why bees are important to the ecosystem, they help pollination a lot. Plants are pollinated, that's why they appear where they aren't planted by humans.
Ignorance is tied to religion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by Mpanyi: 7:31am On Oct 25, 2016
jonbellion:
I gave summary Na
Nawa for you oo undecided unless you want to say ray comfort didn't say everything I told you just now. That'll just be dishonest. In his earlier banana video God should have ministered to him that the banana is an artificially selected fruit. Yet he allowed him to publicly disgrace himself and display his ignorance ave stupidity for all the world to see
Wow

You're making blind arguement

1 Like

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 25, 2016
jonbellion:
you are on the right track dude I understand you. However there is evidence for the big bang the big bang is not an explosion per se the name is misleading. It is simply an expansion due to the fact our universe is still expanding. This was proven with red shift. Cosmic microwave background radiation is also a reason. I'm also agnostic but u simply feel that the Abrahamic God cannot be the creator of our universe because from the bible he lacked the basic understanding of science. Not to mwantion he has traits that can't be attributed to a perfect being

There is a fundamental human desire to solve puzzles, and over the centuries of evolution and solving some mysteries, man has naturally assumed himself the superior being.

Since Superior beings must have infinite knowledge of everything, having an unknown becomes a stain on our ''glorious'' image and I think that vain resolve is the backbone of both religion and science. However, Evolution and science is inquisitive and has taught us that things change with time... people get stronger and more beautiful, plants are modified to become superior and scientific evidences are debunked by other scientific evidences as intelligence grows. This is the infinite pattern of scientific life - Growth.

Can we say the same for religion? does it allow for inquisition for growth?,absolutely not... It subjects you to 2000 year old texts as the standard of living a 21st century life. Obsolete texts that no longer apply to our modern life since we have already debunked some of those facts and we have already evolved to better and more intelligent people.

This i think is the fundamental difference between the two - The need for knowledge and the resistance to it.

Now, what religion has masterfully crafted though, is the application of fear to extract submission. This is the best form of resistance and this is probably why a real intellectual discussion may never be achieved by both parties.

Anyway, my point is we are driven by our quest for knowledge as humans but we do not necessarily have all the answers - at least not all the right ones. Science has advanced better because it allows for questioning while religion is stuck because it is fundamentally authoritarian. In the end, We need to sit back, take a chill pill and enjoy life one day at a time.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by donbrowser(m): 7:41am On Oct 25, 2016
Lennycool:

I just answered you. Thou skipper of science classes. Weeds, flowers and most plants can be pollinated by wind, insects and even rain. All you need to do is move there pollen grain. That's why bees are important to the ecosystem, they help pollination a lot. Plants are pollinated, that's why they appear where they aren't planted by humans.
Ignorance is tied to religion.
Good
Now tell me why your scientists tagged water as colourless despite having a colour?
If you can answer that I will renounce my faith.
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by Julisweety(f): 7:42am On Oct 25, 2016
God bless you for this video
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by chronique(m): 7:44am On Oct 25, 2016
Xtopher123:

Has your Supposed God explained the above to you? NO..

That we don't have the answers now, doesn't mean we should hastily attribute it to a non existent god.. Cos that'll slow down the pace of Actually knowing

That's the more reason to believe there's a God somewhere and I'd keep believing in him till you atheists sts and scientists can prove us wrong that God doesn't exist.
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 25, 2016
donbrowser:

Good
Now tell me why your scientists tagged water as colourless despite having a colour?
If you can answer that I will renounce my faith.
Water in its pure form has no colour, but if you feel different please tell me the colour of water.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child / Men Sacrifice He-Goat To Cook Themselves Against Bullet Penetration (Photos) / T.B Joshua: Woman Gives Birth During Church Service (graphic Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.