Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here (53297 Views)

Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by sekundosekundo: 9:05am On Oct 25, 2016
jonbellion:
oooh wow you sound like you lived a very free life. I can't live like that even if I don't believe in any God l. I know drinking is bad for my health so I don't do that. I don't smoke or party or sleep around cuz I feel it's not healthy. You don't have to live a wild lifestyle because you lack a belief in a deity . I know i don't

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 25, 2016
Edenoscar:

christopher hitchens converted his brother right just keep lieing

Elder brother Christopher Hitchens converted Younger Brother Peter. You need to look it up or watch his own testimony
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by helenCruz(f): 9:06am On Oct 25, 2016
naijaFrank:
I certainly think that most Intelligent people understand that the world was created by a stronger and more complex being or beings. That has never been in question if you have an open mind. Even simple things don't usually just fall in place without effort.

In my opinion however, The Atheists and the religious are on opposite sides of the same spectrum where one believes that the world and man was created by a big bang and the other believes it was created by a particular God. Both have no evidence in the matter of creation except a believe system that may have been manipulated and adjusted to conform to one's level of intelligence.

In the documentary, the speaker made a reference to colours in a book as a simple evidence that there is a designer of books. For a deep thinker, there could be many designers. After all the germans made Mercedes and the Koreans made KIA. Having a designer does not necessarily compel me to believe that there is only a single source of this super intelligence... What if there are multiple Gods as our ancestors believe?

Having said that, I am Agnostic with a tiny bit of faith perhaps as a result of my Christian upbringing.

My believe system is based on the simple fact that I do not know anything for sure. Maybe there is one God, maybe there are a million and maybe there is none - Maybe we do not yet possess a level of intelligence to make sense of the complexity of nature. Maybe the mystery and the pursuit of this knowledge is important in the spectrum of life.

Both the religious and the atheists arguments are not compelling... Not the big bang and definitely not Adam and Eve having so much sex they made black, asian and white children.
I couldn't agree with yu more. .this is probably d most sensible post on this thread *my opinion tho

2 Likes

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by MrMontella(m): 9:09am On Oct 25, 2016
ever811:
OK sir but every body must not be a scientists like you...buy can you explain to me in a lay mans language what the evolution theory answers about this questions... 1.how the chemicals that formed life came into existence and found there way to a particular place as many as they are to form life? 2.how did the chemicals formed male and female with there respective organs for reproductive purpose.3.did man learn how to use every part of his body or its by nature,(have it in mind that chemicals are not intelligent so the couldn't have created man to such specifications as to what he should use every part of his body for) such as teeth to chew his,food tongue to taste and control his words,ear to hear,eyes to see,brains to reason with which some people has deliberately refused to use there own.fingers to grip...anus to excrete what he has eaten for new one to come in for him to survive..if you believe all this things happened by chance.. the you can also believe that the the first humans had televisions in there houses..iam waiting for your answers,dot refer me to any link answer me word by word by your self..tank you
open a thread for this...i will reply you there...
I dont want to derail this thread.
Okay?
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by MrMontella(m): 9:10am On Oct 25, 2016
ever811:
OK sir but every body must not be a scientists like you...buy can you explain to me in a lay mans language what the evolution theory answers about this questions... 1.how the chemicals that formed life came into existence and found there way to a particular place as many as they are to form life? 2.how did the chemicals formed male and female with there respective organs for reproductive purpose.3.did man learn how to use every part of his body or its by nature,(have it in mind that chemicals are not intelligent so the couldn't have created man to such specifications as to what he should use every part of his body for) such as teeth to chew his,food tongue to taste and control his words,ear to hear,eyes to see,brains to reason with which some people has deliberately refused to use there own.fingers to grip...anus to excrete what he has eaten for new one to come in for him to survive..if you believe all this things happened by chance.. the you can also believe that the the first humans had televisions in there houses..iam waiting for your answers,dot refer me to any link answer me word by word by your self..tank you
open a thread for this...i will reply you there...
I dont want to derail this thread.
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by Marvel1206: 9:12am On Oct 25, 2016
jonbellion:
lol nawa for you oo did I insult in the comment you quoted me on
Anyway keep spreading hr christian love wink

piss off!
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by uwemjack(m): 9:16am On Oct 25, 2016
Seun:
Ray Comfort? The banana man? cheesy

Seun u did not create nairaland, you did not have to learn or write anything or any program. Nairaland just evolved from a single code (not created by anyone, it evolved from another code that evolved from another code .... to infinity) on the web, and it has evolved over the years to this large community where; I have made new friends and enemies, done business transactions where i have made profit in millions and where i have also made loses in thousands, i have seen great minds, seen sick minds etc... all thanks to that code that evolved from another code, from another code to infinity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by felixomor: 9:19am On Oct 25, 2016
uwemjack:

Seun u did not create nairaland, you did not have to learn or write anything or any program. Nairaland just evolved from a single code (not created by anyone, it evolved from another code that evolved from another code .... to infinity) on the web, and it has evolved over the years to this large community where; I have made new friends and enemies, done business transactions where i have made profit in millions and where i have also made loses in thousands, i have seen great minds, seen sick minds etc... all thanks to that code that evolved from another code, from another code to infinity.

Exactly.
cool
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by Edenoscar(m): 9:22am On Oct 25, 2016
felixomor:

Exactly.
cool
look at the rubbish you're applauding
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by professore(m): 9:22am On Oct 25, 2016
Thre is God,why can't u walk with Him and start hearing Him directly.
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by skywalker001(m): 9:24am On Oct 25, 2016
uwemjack:

what exactly is your point of argument here ?

1 Like

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by MrMontella(m): 9:25am On Oct 25, 2016
wackpoet:
Pardon my generalization, but it's clear you haven't watched the video. I can understand it's pretty long and your mind is already set. Stephen Meyer asked Mr Peter Atkins if the quoted statement was accepted scientific knowledge and he agreed. Now, this video was recorded in 2010 and I agree that a whole lot of ideas could have come to dispute earlier facts, so if you do find any please do tell me. If evolution were true why aren't there present any live examples of animals evolving into another one. Also answer this, if you stayed in a tree for years and your children and children children stayed in trees for years would you grow a tail ( as implied by evolution) ?
he brought no new scientific questions...just dead old arguments that have been debunked since..
And to your question...no thats not evolution..you dont understand it yet.
But let me show you something
the pic below is an atavism(just search it yourself)
we have many cases of people born with tails...
Which is as a result of the failure of the tails formed during embroyology to regress---embroyology shows we are related to other mammals(a common descent)
proof of evolution.
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 25, 2016
Edenoscar:
look at the rubbish you're applauding

Look at the Rubbish you are parading

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by MrMontella(m): 9:32am On Oct 25, 2016
dhesire:

This has always been my comfort, whenever I am confronted with issues like this.
One day it will all end, if Heaven/Hell is real and you die a FAITHFUL CHRISTIAN, then nothing to lose and again if Heaven/Hell is not real and you die, again nothing to lose but if you die an Atheist and you find that Heaven/Hell is real, then you are a confirmed LOSER!
i so laugh at you when ra burns you in hell...
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by GRIMMJOE(m): 9:33am On Oct 25, 2016
4everGod:

Mr Atheist Psychologist so who is a bonafide Atheist? Has no Bonafide atheist ever done a u-turn and denounce Atheism and?

So tell me was Christopher Hitchens brother a bonafide atheist or not especially since he did all sekundosekundo stated. Please note that Christopher Hitchens was a world renowned atheist who converted his brother Peter Hitchens into Atheism and his brother was the violent side of him...He was a militant atheist but today Peter is born again and has embraced Christ and he did this long before Christopher died of cancer and even debated Christopher openely.

So Mr expert again I ask you who is a true Atheist?

First thing first,Christopher Hitches did not covert his younger brother Peter Hitches to atheism... peter is a Christian up to this day,an Anglican for that mater.But let's not dwell on that.

Atheism is not a religion it is simply a disbelief in God...anything else is just justification.

One cannot be called an atheist if it is triggered by the following:

1.Some claim he's an atheist just to stop paying tithes
2.Some became an atheist so he/she can have as much sex as possible
3.Some one became an atheist because he want to steal or kill without conscience

People that can not be called Christians if it was triggered by the following

1.People who are scared to go hell
2.people hopping for a better life yet not make the best of there existence
3.people looking or miracle of spiritual healing
4.People expecting to be rich by serving God

An atheist is someone who simply does not believe in God.
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by MrMontella(m): 9:34am On Oct 25, 2016
jonbellion:
wtf are you saying. Why are you ignorant naaaaaaa. For Gods sake ray comfort even took the video down because he was informed he was wrong. The banana we know today is a seedless tripod an asexual clone bred through banana tree pups these are manually cut side shoots of the parent clone including a stem and some roots. It is only through human cultivation he has managed to survive this long despite the fact it is not sexually propagated. The wild bamanas have hard flesh and inedible seeds. Plus bananas only grow in the tropics. Jesus certainly
had not seen a banana. So if they are designed for consumption why do they only grow in the tropics that people don't have access to. Ray comfort took the video down cuz he discovered he was wrong and you are here defending him nawa oo
its really funny..
A simple google search can cure a lot of ignorance.
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by MrMontella(m): 9:35am On Oct 25, 2016
jonbellion:
lol you creationists crack me up. So you believe in intelligent design the comedy of science. Lol okaaaay you don't have to believe in evolution but your not accepting it does not make it a lie that is something you do not seem to understand. And btw we did not evolve from apes how is this hard to understand. The modern apes and the humans share a common ancestor. I'm sure the Alsatian christian dog also tells his friends it didn't evolve from a wolf despite being artificially selected by humans 10 000 years ago to the various dog breeds we have today. You did not come from a modern ape oo. You and then share a common ancestor. Our other species like homo Neanderthalis and homo erectus have died out. Or did they inform you that us homo sapiens are the only human species in your church?
even if we came from modern apes..
Europeans are the ancestors of americans...
Why are there still europeans?
These creationists are lame in thinking.

1 Like

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by uwemjack(m): 9:35am On Oct 25, 2016
skywalker001:
what exactly is your point of argument here ?

Nairaland.com my friend is born out of evolution! Even the name was formed from a random combination of alphabets! Maybe in say a million years the name will have randomly evolved to something else entirely different!

2 Likes

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by jonbellion(m): 9:36am On Oct 25, 2016
EternalBeing:

If truely he took down the video, that should be because he doesn't have a tertiary education and was overwhelmed by the "scientific authority". They've really schemed so hard to score points against GOD with truth suppression deceiving the gullibles. The okro looking species is NOT THE ONLY UNMODIFIED BANANA form the wide . You can never find a picture of our natural less sugary Local Slim Banana on Internet, try and see. Why?! The only ones we see is the genetically modified smooth ones. I did my research and discovred that our African naturally occiring edible banana as we know it today was a naturally occuring plant since stone age years ago was not genetically modified. In fact, edible bananas as our local African seedless was first propergated from the wide 8,000 years ago without GMO tech. Man knows how to domesticate banana from time immemorial, these satanic scientists masqurading as atheist should stop claiming that the World was so useless till their era. There are good scientists that serves the living GOD too.

cwh.ucsc.edu/bananas/Site/Early%20History%20of%20the%20Banana.html

"The origins of the banana are as complex and convoluted as the nature of the banana’s
taxonomic origins themselves. Archeologists
have focused on the Kuk valley of New Guinea
around 8,000 BCE (Before Common Era) as the
area where humans first domesticated the
banana. Additionally, though this is the first
known location of banana domestication, other
spontaneous domestication may have
occurred throughout the Southeast Asia and the
South Pacific. Therefore, Kuk is the first
known instance of banana domestication, but it
is probably not the cradle from which all other
domesticated species sprang."
okay let us just assume that the scientific community is wrong and the banana is designed. But first can you stop calling atheists and agnostic scientists Satanists . What is wrong with you??. I don't believe in your Jewish skydaddy why the Bleep would I now believe in your Jewish ground troll. Now moving on there are people who just don't like eating bananas, and some who have potentially fatal allergic reactions to them. If they were the perfect food, presumably everyone would want to eat them, and be able to survive doing so. Btw, if they are such a perfect food for humans, then why do they only grow in the tropics where so many people have no easy access to them? Both the durian fruit and the pineapple have hard outer surfaces that require a sharp knife or hand axe to cut through, which is the exact opposite of the cases of the banana that is easy to get into. Why aren't they easy to open if they were made for human consumption??
Why does the durian fruit smell. Does this sound like something that was "designed" for every human to have access to??. If they are intelligently designed then they won't spoil . It would have vaccines for easier storage and other attributes that would be of a great benefit to human beings. This is not the case with the banana fruit
You sound so sure that the Abrahamic God is the one true God. Get this straight i don't know if a God exists or not but I KNOW the Abrahamic God does not exist. He is an illogical concept. The attributes given to him is the exact opposite of what you would expect from a perfect being. He is jealous, egoistical, proud, petty. Control freak and ignorant to science( I'm not surprised because the people who wrote him up were not aware of many things at that time) The Abrahamic God operates on ego " love me. Acknowledge me , say I'm the best or I will burn you forever in an eternal fire even if you weren't a bad person you must acknowledge me or you will burn" Hell fire was based on tartarus in Greek mythology. We are a in a small rolling ball of dirt in an extremely vast universe. The Hubble deep field telescope has observed over a 100 billion galaxies. Each of this galaxies have their own planets and stars and you just think everything was made "just for you" quakes tornados and typhoons happen in other planets in our solar system that has shown no sign of life. When the same happens here we say an angry God is spilling his "anger on the earth" he is also spilling his anger on planets with no life. I don't know if a God exists or not but the Abrahamic God is no scientist. If there is a God it is reasonable to say that he thinks like a scientist and would not like his creation taking things with blind faith. Which means he would be proud of the scientific community the most

1 Like

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by MrMontella(m): 9:37am On Oct 25, 2016
donbrowser:

Some weeds have seeds, some just grow and cannot be explained. Why then do they ask how God exist?

Conclusion: when people don't have answers to certain things they tend to go obese about it.

Now look at this:

Is water really colourless?

Is water really tasteless?

Why can't they and their scientists find answers to these too?

what the fvck is this?
Whats the colour of pure water?
Whats the taste of pure water?
My God what is this ignorance?
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by MrMontella(m): 9:39am On Oct 25, 2016
donbrowser:

Weed ko Breeze ni
So Elephant grass is pollinated by wind?
Did I mention flower?
Explain how you find weeds growing where they are not planted SIMPLE!
mehn..you didnt pass secondary school..i swear
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by skywalker001(m): 9:41am On Oct 25, 2016
uwemjack:

Nairaland.com my friend is born out of evolution! Even the name was formed from a random combination of alphabets! Maybe in say a million years the name will have randomly evolved to something else entirely different!
if he's not created out of evolution, can you explain to me exactly how he's created cos i'm an ignorant
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by MrMontella(m): 9:42am On Oct 25, 2016
naijaFrank:
I certainly think that
For a deep thinker, there could be many designers. After all the germans made Mercedes and the Koreans made KIA. Having a designer does not necessarily compel me to believe that there is only a single source of this super intelligence... What if there are multiple Gods as our ancestors believe

Having said that, I am Agnostic with a tiny bit of faith perhaps as a result of my Christian upbringing.

My believe system is based on the simple fact that I do not know anything for sure. Maybe there is one God, maybe there are a million and maybe there is none - Maybe we do not yet possess a level of intelligence to make sense of the complexity of nature. Maybe the mystery and the pursuit of this knowledge is important in the spectrum of life.

at the bolded..thank you!
They keep on giving us arguments for poly deism and poly theism...
But they claim theistic...
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 25, 2016
GRIMMJOE:
First thing first,Christopher Hitches did not covert his younger brother Peter Hitches to atheism... peter is a Christian up to this day,an Anglican for that mater.But let's not dwell on that.

Atheism is not a religion it is simply a disbelief in God...anything else is just justification.

One cannot be called an atheist if it is triggered by the following:

1.Some claim he's an atheist just to stop paying tithes
2.Some became an atheist so he/she can have as much sex as possible
3.Some one became an atheist because he want to steal or kill without conscience

People that can not be called Christians if it was triggered by the following

1.People who are scared to go hell
2.people hopping for a better life yet not make the best of there existence
3.people looking or miracle of spiritual healing
4.People expecting to be rich by serving God

An atheist is someone who simply does not believe in God.

Oga stop lying. The internet is there for you to utilize. Both christopher and Peter were Atheists right from youth...Have you read Christophers book GOD IS NOT GREAT and Peters Counter book THE RAGE AGAINST GOD?

Peter came to God eventually after he realised his errors and tried all he could to convert Christopher.

For this Lie you just posted here I will open a thread about Peter Hitchens and lay it bare verifiably and from His own mouth.

Lying for Atheism is bad so stop it.

1 Like

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by MrMontella(m): 9:47am On Oct 25, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Wow! all I know is that as an atheist, I was into masturbation for 20yrs, I fornicate, I lie easily, I was a drunkard, I steal and do a lot of evil because I was made to believe that I am not answerable to any God but when I became a Christian all the evil l was doing stopped by the power of God. My father who was an atheist even told me on his sick bed to embrace Christ. He told me a lot. He died about 5yrs ago at the age of 96yrs all through this years he was an atheist. My mum also died as an atheist. l know better than you know. And cannot be deceived any more.
i think i now know why you became a theist...
You want to ''sin'' and sin as you like and whenever you do..you use your ''buy-back clause''...after all he'd always forgive you...
Well done...
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by Edenoscar(m): 9:47am On Oct 25, 2016
4everGod:

Look at the Rubbish you are parading
ok
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by GRIMMJOE(m): 9:48am On Oct 25, 2016
uwemjack:

How senseless can some human really be,naira land really keep feeding us with more what we can digest.

Here some is comparing a website of a public forum,that was written with binary codes,which we use data (mb) to browse to a Human Being,,,,,and another one was applauding with a standing ovation.
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by GRIMMJOE(m): 9:54am On Oct 25, 2016
4everGod:

Oga stop lying. The internet is there for you to utilize. Both christopher and Peter were Atheists right from youth...Have you read Christophers book GOD IS NOT GREAT and Peters Counter book THE RAGE AGAINST GOD?

Peter came to God eventually after he realised his errors and tried all he could to convert Christopher.

For this Lie you just posted here I will open a thread about Peter Hitchens and lay it bare verifiably and from His own mouth.

Sure thing,open a thread for it,I will be there waiting
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by sekundosekundo: 9:56am On Oct 25, 2016
MrMontella:

i think i now know why you became a theist...
You want to ''sin'' and sin as you like and whenever you do..you use your ''buy-back clause''...after all he'd always forgive you...
Well done...

Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by Edenoscar(m): 9:57am On Oct 25, 2016
4everGod:

look you need to stop this, how did christopher hitchens converted his brother, no one is saying peter does not believe in God
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by MrMontella(m): 9:57am On Oct 25, 2016
4everGod:

oga nla...
A thread
Re: Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here by donbrowser(m): 9:59am On Oct 25, 2016
MrMontella:

what the fvck is this?
Whats the colour of pure water?
Whats the taste of pure water?
My God what is this ignorance?
Are you ready to tell me or not?
What is the colour of water?
Answer me or face front!
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Men Sacrifice He-Goat To Cook Themselves Against Bullet Penetration (Photos) / T.B Joshua: Woman Gives Birth During Church Service (graphic Video) / Steps Where Jesus walked Healed a Blind Man Unearthed In Jerusalem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.