Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,289 members, 7,836,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3690156 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Drnice: 6:44am On Oct 25, 2017
Looking at those who were sent mails by DPR. You'll deduct that some:
1. uploaded more than required(i.e GT=3, EH=5, this is the actual number of documents required).
2. uploaded not accordingly as stated but instead in reverse(normal arrangement= NYSC Cert, A-Level Result Cert, SSCE for GT).
3. uploaded irrelevant documents like ND Cert, Transcript, Testmonial, etc.
4. double uploaded their documents(i.e Nysc cert, SSCE, each being two on their profile).
5. having personal(i.e name, age, gender, etc) mismatch, which doesn't correspond to 1 or more of their documents.
Hence, they were asked to update/edit. However, the recent NLNG recruitment, some persons were asked for updates. I wasn't, yet I was invited for the test.
Pls, debunk rumuors that you are out till DPR start sending invite mails. Quote me, DPR would NEVER close your application without sending you a regret mail. They are organised people, wait till the mails start coming before you conclude your fate. All we need now is "Patience."

18 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by lawrence83: 6:51am On Oct 25, 2017
alt3r3g0:
Checked mine and all uploads are intact...left them the way it was.

Only thing that stood out is that my work experience stops at 2016... Updated it to 2017.

Hello sir,

I'd love to edit the LGA on my portal but the drop down doesn't throw up any options.
Is it the same with yours?

Secondly,
The LGA; is it the LGA of your residential area or that of the state of origin?

Please anyone with helpful info on this can help out. I already sent them a mail as well, hoping they'd reply.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by EngrVin: 7:30am On Oct 25, 2017
State of Origin Sir

lawrence83:

Hello sir,

I'd love to edit the LGA on my portal but the drop down doesn't throw up any options.

Secondly,

Please anyone with helpful info on this can help out. I already sent them a mail as well, hoping they'd reply.

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Palaver: 7:46am On Oct 25, 2017
Drnice:
1. uploaded more than required(i.e GT=3, EH=5, this is the actual number of documents required).
2. uploaded not accordingly as stated but instead in reverse(normal arrangement= NYSC Cert, A-Level Result Cert, SSCE for GT).
4. double uploaded their documents(i.e Nysc cert, SSCE, each being two on their profile).
5. having personal(i.e name, age, gender, etc) mismatch, which doesn't correspond to 1 or more of their documents.
Hence, they were asked to update/edit. However, the recent NLNG recruitment, some persons were asked for updates. I wasn't, yet I was invited for the test.
Pls, debunk rumuors that you are out till DPR start sending invite mails. Quote me, DPR would NEVER close your application without sending you a regret mail. They are organised people, wait till the mails start coming before you conclude your fate. All we need now is "Patience."
simple. God bless you!
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by TheGrandChemist(m): 7:51am On Oct 25, 2017
If the portal still allows one to edit his/her state of origin then, it's safe to say that shortlist for interview based on federal character is yet to be done.

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by lawrence83: 7:53am On Oct 25, 2017
EngrVin:
State of Origin Sir

Thank you great sir

Please, do you in anyway have an answer to the first question or is it that the LGA is non-editable?

I really appreciate your effort sir. Thanks

Anticipating your prompt answer.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Palaver: 7:58am On Oct 25, 2017
lawrence83:

Hello sir,

Secondly,

just as EngrVin has rightly said, it's the LGA of your State of Origin. As for the dropdown issue, I'll advise you use a PC (not mobile device) and a good browser like chrome or up-to-date firefox. If this issue persists, place a call to the DPR helpdesk. That way, your issue may be promptly addressed compared to when sending a mail which may not be attended to.

But wait o, why would you even want to change your LGA? Is it that you made an error earlier or you're trying to play smart? No offence please
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Hafsat24(f): 8:20am On Oct 25, 2017
EngrVin:
I'm good, did u try applying AUST Abuja Totally free for ladies

I dont get you bro..give me details abeg
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by realone2012: 8:26am On Oct 25, 2017
Morning fellas,
How are we all holding up?
I received the message yesterday like some other people here. I am able to login but I cant access my profile.
Let's say the profile is inaccessible like people have stated here, if so, why then did they message me?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by PJMasks: 8:27am On Oct 25, 2017
120,000 applied for this job.
70,000 were fortunate to write the test
Rigorous process to shortlist 3,500 candidates for the interview. Out of which 400 as opposed the initial 700 some of us speculated about will be selected as DPR staff.
Mind you, all these 400 will not be on merit list!. Nearly 60% will be for those with the longest legs in this country. The rest...it's going to be highly competitive. It's safe to say there's hope in a "no man's land" than in this country in terms of white collar job. This will probably be my last post on this thread.
For those with portals closed, please be HOPEFUL as there's nothing God cannot do. I wish y'all best of luck. I've moved ON unto greater things by God's grace.

5 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by lawrence83: 8:34am On Oct 25, 2017
Palaver:
just as EngrVin has rightly said, it's the LGA of your State of Origin. As for the dropdown issue, I'll advise you use a PC (not mobile device) and a good browser like chrome or up-to-date firefox. If this issue persists, place a call to the DPR helpdesk. That way, your issue may be promptly addressed compared to when sending a mail which may not be attended to.

But wait o, why would you even want to change your LGA? Is it that you made an error earlier or you're trying to play smart? No offence please
Thanks for your response.

To answer your question.

Firstly, i used an up-to-date google chrome on a system to edit the details.

Secondly, on your question of out-smarting the system, No sir! I think i used my residential address' LGA instead of the State of Origin's. It's of course a terrible oversight, as it shows it's non-editable.

I'd go with your advice of calling their hot-lines before noon. I wouldn't mind if you could help me with their functioning lines. Thanks for the reply sir and no offence taken.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by EngrVin: 8:34am On Oct 25, 2017
It's a Pan African University, Nelson Mandela's idea. Faculty comes from the best schools overseas to teach, so its equivalent to schooling abroad. Has just 5 depts, and for MSc and PhD only, tuition fee plus others cost about $21000, you can do the conversion. Full scholarship for the best 2 applicants in each dept, but totally free for ladies cos they are advocates of girl child education, and as a female student u have a monthly stipend. If you know of Institute of Petroleum Studies uniport, COE Uniben, etc. You can search their site, African University of Science and Technology Abuja.

Trust me, lots of northerners aren't aware of its existence. I mean those based in the north oo

Hafsat24:

I dont get you bro..give me details abeg

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by tolesky(m): 8:36am On Oct 25, 2017
PJMasks:
Rigorous process to shortlist 3,500 candidates for the interview. Out of which 400 as opposed the initial 700 some of us speculated about will be selected as DPR staff.
Mind you, all these 400 will not be on merit list!. Nearly 60% will be for those with the longest legs in this country. The rest...it's going to be highly competitive. It's safe to say there's hope in a "no man's land" than in this country in terms of white collar job. This will probably be my last post on this thread.
For those with portals closed, please be HOPEFUL as there's nothing God cannot do. I wish y'all best of luck. I've moved ON unto greater things by God's grace.
We need winners on this thread not quiters, those on nepotism are already working in DPR what's left now is purely merit candidates.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by tolesky(m): 8:41am On Oct 25, 2017
lawrence83:

Thanks for your response.

To answer your question.

Firstly, i used an up-to-date google chrome on a system to edit the details.

Secondly, on your question of out-smarting the system, No sir! I think i used my residential address' LGA instead of the State of Origin's. It's of course a terrible oversight, as it shows it's non-editable.

I'd go with your advice of calling their hot-lines before noon. I wouldn't mind if you could help me with their functioning lines. Thanks for the reply sir and no offence taken.
You should also include LGA of your residential area.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by tolesky(m): 8:44am On Oct 25, 2017
Drnice:
Tell them brother.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by lawrence83: 8:46am On Oct 25, 2017
tolesky:

You should also include LGA of your residential area.
From what i'm seeing here, i don't think there is a drop down for two LGAs, just one.

As you and the other guy as posited. . . The LGA should be that of your state of origin.

I got the help line and i already made the call to them. I pray the issue is solved quick.

Thanks man. Blessings.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by BluMalam(m): 8:53am On Oct 25, 2017
PJMasks:

I like your spirit. You're a realist, and that positive attitude will take you far even if you don't land the DPR job.

I still have access to my profile (i've never had problems accessing it) and I received the sms and email yesterday.

Methinks the update is in DPR's realization that some applicants details might have changed since their initial application last year. For instance, I was still in the UK after finishing my masters when I applied and didn't have a Nigerian phone number so I used a family members number (through which I received the sms yesterday), but this update opportunity allowed me to update my phone contact as I've since returned and now have a Nigerian phone number.

We should all remain optimistic, but common sense dictates that if an applicants portal is closed and he/she did not receive the update alert from DPR, then chances are that they might not be proceeding further in the recruitment process. Having said that, I wish everyone the absolute best in their pursuits.

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Abraham92: 8:54am On Oct 25, 2017
Crystalng:

Call their help line. I called earlier today about my portal closed wahala and they asked for my full name, email address and phone number. Then said they'd get back to me. Donno sha but just call

Please kindly reply with the help line you called
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Hafsat24(f): 8:55am On Oct 25, 2017
EngrVin:
It's a Pan African University, Nelson Mandela's idea. Faculty comes from the best schools overseas to teach, so its equivalent to schooling abroad. Has just 5 depts, and for MSc and PhD only, tuition fee plus others cost about $21000, you can do the conversion. Full scholarship for the best 2 applicants in each dept, but totally free for ladies cos they are advocates of girl child education, and as a female student u have a monthly stipend. If you know of Institute of Petroleum Studies uniport, COE Uniben, etc. You can search their site, African University of Science and Technology Abuja.

Trust me, lots of northerners aren't aware of its existence. I mean those based in the north oo

Ahh let me check it out then..thanks bro..you have really been helpful..im grateful
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by NickD(m): 9:00am On Oct 25, 2017
Sunnystooth:

Lolz, funny but true experience... The last time I updated my info like this (NBC recruitment), I was not invited for the test.

But hopefully DPR's will be different.
Lol same happened to me for NBC.. But from the look of things I guess the invites would be dropping soon. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by motivationspika(m): 9:06am On Oct 25, 2017
Before you can conclude on your fate concerning the next stage, wait until when they start sending people interview invite. That will be the only time you can clearly say you are out of the race or not. However, it SEEMS as though those with "Application Portal Closed" are the most worried. It need not be for now.

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by EngrVin: 9:13am On Oct 25, 2017
Welcome

Hafsat24:

Ahh let me check it out then..thanks bro..you have really been helpful..im grateful
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Anextin(f): 9:28am On Oct 25, 2017
Drnice:
So far you have been the only one to make sense here. pls can you recall in what order the Experienced Hire document upload should be? Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by god2good: 9:39am On Oct 25, 2017
After friday, portal wil b close & in vite will follow which wil include those who portal previously closed.

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by lawrence83: 9:43am On Oct 25, 2017
Abraham92:

Please kindly reply with the help line you called
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 10:04am On Oct 25, 2017
lawrence83:

Thank you great sir

Please, do you in anyway have an answer to the first question or is it that the LGA is non-editable?

I really appreciate your effort sir. Thanks

Anticipating your prompt answer.

change d state of origin to another state, then back to d previous one. d drop down menu will b there. select ur local gov of origin.

for d local gov of residence, type it in d space for d city. it will reflect in ur address when u update. I hope dis helps!

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ayobami0411: 10:09am On Oct 25, 2017
Let us calm down... After Friday is either all the portal are closed down or all be open... The editable opened portal before was just to make some changes if need be while those that refused to make those changes then are been message just to give everyone fair treatment... After Friday, we will all know our fate whether scheduled for interview invite or not... SHALOM!

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by herlecks(m): 10:12am On Oct 25, 2017
BluMalam:

I like your spirit. You're a realist, and that positive attitude will take you far even if you don't land the DPR job.

I still have access to my profile (i've never had problems accessing it) and I received the sms and email yesterday.

Methinks the update is in DPR's realization that some applicants details might have changed since their initial application last year. For instance, I was still in the UK after finishing my masters when I applied and didn't have a Nigerian phone number so I used a family members number (through which I received the sms yesterday), but this update opportunity allowed me to update my phone contact as I've since returned and now have a Nigerian phone number.

We should all remain optimistic, but common sense dictates that if an applicants portal is closed and he/she did not receive the update alert from DPR, then chances are that they might not be proceeding further in the recruitment process. Having said that, I wish everyone the absolute best in their pursuits.
Don't let sentiment becloud your judgment of the matter. If your profile was completely okay, Dpr wouldn't stress requesting an update/edit/correction. The fact that there's a deadline to editting of profiles should make you think deeply who's on the better side here.

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by lawrence83: 10:16am On Oct 25, 2017
9jasam:

change d state of origin to another state, then back to d previous one. d drop down menu will b there. select ur local gov of origin.

for d local gov of residence, type it in d space for d city. it will reflect in ur address when u update. I hope dis helps!
This was so helpful. I can't thank you enough.

I really appreciate.

God bless you sir!
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Anzabur(m): 10:23am On Oct 25, 2017
BluMalam:

you will be surprised WE that have application portal closed will be finally recruited into DPR,thanks!

8 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by jjj37: 10:33am On Oct 25, 2017
BluMalam:

We should all remain optimistic, but common sense dictates that if an applicants portal is c absolute best in their pursuits.

No my bro., common sense at this point is very rare. If you've been following trends on this forum, you would've noticed that most people profiles were on edit-mode and thereafter closed while others stayed on

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by EazyMoh(m): 10:35am On Oct 25, 2017
I called them as well they told me to hold on that they were working on the server.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.