Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (1185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3555184 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) ... (3314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ElonMosque(m): 8:25pm On Mar 03, 2020
terrymason:
Is it advisable to register a org name extension that the net, co, com, info has already be taken?

Nikul Sanghvi said: ↑
Ledger dot org ... $30k

Inbound email via hypernames.co
Bought on Sedo for $6k on 16/11/17 (seller began an auction using my counter-offer, but no other bids)

---

22nd Nov: I got the domain into my account and set up a landing page on hypernames.co - with an asking price of $45k. Had a couple of inquiries within the first few days, but nothing serious.

28th Nov: I had a five-figure inbound offer (via a broker). I countered at $30k, which was accepted.
The Escrow transaction recently completed, and the buyer was revealed as a well known crypto brand, manufacturing hardware wallets.

It's a great fit for them, so I'm surprised they didn't bid against me when the domain was on auction.
My guess is that it was flagged to them after my purchase price was published on Namebio.

Could have pushed harder but the returns are satisfactory in relation to the timeframe (six days).

---

Sharing my research process (for pre-purchase rationalisation) with everyone here:

- I downloaded the ICOTracker database from Coindesk to analyse the use of different TLDs and keywords within the crypto space (which gave me confidence to risk the .org extension)
- Manually scraped LinkedIn, Twitter and Crunchbase to reference the use of the term 'ledger' and 'distributed ledger' in company names and descriptions
- Used a keyword tool for search data and SERP ranking difficulty for those same terms
- Manual parse through Google using 'site: ledger' for existing domains that contain the word ledger
- Namebio, DnJournal and Namepros for seeing the crypto niche trending for domain sales.
- Usual searches to see what's happening on www.ledger.* (about 25 other extentions)
- A few days of deep reading, using CTRL+F to keep an eye out for the word (50+ articles across BBC, FT, Medium, Wired, Coindesk, Blockgeeks, etc)

My counterpoints for arguments against the investment (or for limiting the investment) mapped out as:
- Namebio data for .org sales (within the last year), showed low probability of selling above $15k.
- I had no experience of ever buying and selling .org beforehand. My early expectation was to hold the domain for at least a few years.
- The term ledger exists as a trademark within publishing - theledger//com (ledger media group), patriotledger//com, etc
- I was actually nervous that the company called Ledger was already using ledgerwallet//com. They also own ledger//fr and ledger//co. At the time, I saw this negatively as a potential UDRP threat and not as opportunity.
- Google Trends showed no significant uplift patterns for the search term over either the last 12 months or five years
- Although SERP difficulty was 59/100, KWFinder showed that PPC competition and resulting CPC were both very low.

Final profits also took a small hit because I hand-regged around 100 other related .COM and .CO domains throughout the above process.

Would love to claim some special intuition or foresight - but the truth is that I did a little bit of homework, took the chance and somehow got incredibly lucky on timing! Congrats to the buyer and a big thank you to the broker - not sure if I'm allowed to name them but they were super professional.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ElonMosque(m): 8:25pm On Mar 03, 2020
IghravweIG:

Or one week sef. grin

cool
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by terrymason(m): 8:35pm On Mar 03, 2020
ElonMosque:

Thanks... it was helpful..

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IghravweIG(m): 8:48pm On Mar 03, 2020
Three I'm not interested replies already.

All these whitee ehn.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ElonMosque(m): 8:55pm On Mar 03, 2020
IghravweIG:
Three I'm not interested replies already.

All these whitee ehn.

Thats progress. If the name is wack, they won't spend 10 seconds sending a reply to you.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IeatPussy: 9:13pm On Mar 03, 2020
terrymason:
Is it advisable to register a org name extension that the net, co, com, info has already be taken?

Yes.. if they don't have Trademark on them.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by cyriletifit(m): 9:20pm On Mar 03, 2020
The month of February thought me a lot of lessons.
Happy to report these few sales.
All thanks to Jehovah and everyone here.

Domain: quality//printing//services/king
Selling price: $235
Venue: Dan

Domain: Modesto//auto//glass/king
Selling price: $300
Venue: afternic

Domain: moissanite//direct/king
Selling price: $500
Venue: First sales at Namesilo

All Handreg and held for less than 6 months.
All outbound sales.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IghravweIG(m): 9:23pm On Mar 03, 2020
cyriletifit:

Congratulations bro
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IeatPussy: 9:25pm On Mar 03, 2020
cyriletifit:

Congrats On your Sales..

Inbound or Outbound ?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by cyriletifit(m): 9:26pm On Mar 03, 2020
All outbound.
Thanks.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IeatPussy: 9:28pm On Mar 03, 2020
cyriletifit:
All outbound.
Thanks.

That's the spirit.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Soneh(m): 9:31pm On Mar 03, 2020
Hello bosses,what do you guys think about these domains I just purchased:
Gillpay
Missouritrailer
Oklahomadoor
All dot coms. Any ideas on how I would go about marketing them would be highly appreciated
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iCauseTrouble: 9:35pm On Mar 03, 2020
cyriletifit:

Congrats bro. You didn't tell us the lessons

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IeatPussy: 9:47pm On Mar 03, 2020
Soneh:
Hello bosses,what do you guys think about these domains I just purchased:
Gillpay
Missouritrailer
Oklahomadoor
All dot coms. Any ideas on how I would go about marketing them would be highly appreciated

Gillpay

Gillpay is Brandable name, you've to list it on Marketplaces like SH,BB,BP, DAN etc to enable you market it for .

Missouritrailer
Oklahomadoor

A quick look on Google and Bing, i can't seem to find any End-user for Missouri Trailer but i can find some for Oklahoma Door. So you can go through google and send mail to the end-users with the sales letter on this thread .

Format 1: https://www.nairaland.com/3430037/what-make-money-online/814#82874841
(Page 814)

Format 2: https://www.nairaland.com/3430037/what-make-money-online/864#83451356
(Page 864)

Format 3: https://www.nairaland.com/3430037/what-make-money-online/723#81925341
(Page 723)

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ElonMosque(m): 9:50pm On Mar 03, 2020
IeatPussy:

[/b]

Gillpay is Brandable name, you've to list it on Marketplaces like SH,BB,BP, DAN etc to enable you market it for .

[b]

A quick look on Google and Bing, i can't seem to find any End-user for Missouri Trailer but i can find some for Oklahoma Door. So you can go through google and send mail to the end-users with the sales letter on this thread .

(Page 814)

(Page 864)

(Page 723)

IMO, GillPay is brandable but not a strong one, Gill sort of devalues it. Just 2 Gill domains on BB. Thats a red flag.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 03, 2020
cyriletifit:
All outbound.
Thanks.
What services do you use for mail extractions?
Congrats..
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by cyriletifit(m): 9:56pm On Mar 03, 2020
iCauseTrouble:

Congrats bro. You didn't tell us the lessons

Know your domain worth and price them accordingly. If you are not sure of the price for the domain, leave it at "make offer ".

Research those making offers on your domain and counter according to their pocket.

Do not allow any potential buyer to intimidate you as if you don't have any options.

It's my lessons and their is a way I understand it.
Thanks.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Soneh(m): 10:02pm On Mar 03, 2020
IeatPussy:

[/b]

[b]

(Page 814)

(Page 864)

(Page 723)
Thanks boss, I would do that right away. I just pray i'm able to make sales because these are the first set of domains I'm buying after failing to sell my first domain over a year ago.

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iCauseTrouble: 10:10pm On Mar 03, 2020
cyriletifit:

Know your domain worth and price them accordingly. If you are not sure of the price for the domain, leave it at "make offer ".

Research those making offers on your domain and counter according to their pocket.

Do not allow any potential buyer to intimidate you as if you don't have any options.

It's my lessons and their is a way I understand it.
Thanks.
Nice lessons. Am really an advocate of the make offer option , it gives me the opportunity to research more about the domain and the potential buyer so I can fix an appropriate price

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by RenaissanceGuy: 10:30pm On Mar 03, 2020
Hello guys, I registered BuyAmericanUsedTrucks.com and put a price tag of $2,875. The domain is 1 month old now and not sold yet, despite several outbounding. What do you guys think about the name and the price-tag?

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by KingFalcon: 10:31pm On Mar 03, 2020
ElonMosque:

IMO, GillPay is brandable but not a strong one, Gill sort of devalues it. Just 2 Gill domains on BB. Thats a red flag.
Hi, i registered on BB and it says i need to update the account details by adding payoneer or paypal to proceed, we know paypal does not support naija anymore....how did you get past this
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by sammchuck1: 10:37pm On Mar 03, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:
Hello guys, I registered BuyAmericanUsedTrucks.com and put a price tag of $2,875. The domain is 1 month old now and not sold yet, despite several outbounding. What do you guys think about the name and the price-tag?

Lol. Wetin Chibuzor no go see for container? 2875 FOR A FOUR WORD DOMAIN

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by sammchuck1: 10:38pm On Mar 03, 2020
KingFalcon:

Hi, i registered on BB and it says i need to update the account details by adding payoneer or paypal to proceed, we know paypal does not support naija anymore....how did you get past this

use payooner.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 03, 2020
Some people think we are just joking here? No strategy, no focus, no ideas just want free money? It's not like that. Even some brandables are not selling as high as some tagged prices especially long handreg names. No free lunch in lunchin. Treat it as a business, and an investment, get quality names if you want it to fly high and know what kind of price tag you will put and open to negotiations. Never rush to make it looks desperate, with that, you might have good ride.... I keep learning daily...and vigorously..

5 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by richkal(m): 10:40pm On Mar 03, 2020
cyriletifit:

Care to share us the lessons you learnt bro
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by RenaissanceGuy: 10:45pm On Mar 03, 2020
sammchuck1:

Lol. Wetin Chibuzor no go see for container? 2875 FOR A FOUR WORD DOMAIN
Hmmm. I was thinking it contains relevant keywords, which informed my decision.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by sammchuck1: 10:51pm On Mar 03, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:

Hmmm. I was thinking it contains relevant keywords, which informed my decision.

its too long. but keep outbounding, eventually you'll get an offer. EDIT: Reduce that price to $500
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by EGUNSOLA14: 10:51pm On Mar 03, 2020
Dynadot is here with dotcom promo code

MARCH599COM I just bought two with it now @ $5.99 enjoy

17 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iCauseTrouble: 10:51pm On Mar 03, 2020
grin grin
RenaissanceGuy:

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by RenaissanceGuy: 10:53pm On Mar 03, 2020
sammchuck1:

its too long. but keep outbounding, eventually you'll get an offer.
OK, thanks, lesson learned.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) ... (3314) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: budosky(m), alakara(m), viktor88 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.