Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,151 members, 7,835,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (1182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3591780 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) ... (3322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ElonMosque(m): 2:32pm On Mar 02, 2020
therealMcCain:

When there is a story behind a sale, there are things I learn. but telling me Gwarimpacarpetcleaning sold for x amount, hold time 5days does me no good. I dont come here for such sales report. I come here for the Q & A.

This is your model to learn from sales to be able to come up with names. it works for you, stick to it. I dont subscribe to it, I learn from news articles, comments on forums etc Pls go to Namebio, Its a robust database of sold domain name by niche, category, tld, date, year etc it will help you alot since sales report motivates you.

For Newbies: Define your objective, what do you want out of this business? The answer to this will determine how you go about it and save you from frustration.

I made a decision mid last year, not to register Geo names again and not to renew them when they expire.(I renewed just one). I didnt like the time i was putting into getting enduser contacts and time to send outbound mails. it was serious work for me. So i resolved to stick to brandable and list them on SH,BB,BP thereby relying on their marketing strategy to do all the work for me.

I am ok if the names dont sell or if it takes 3years to sell. My brandables will be renewed for 2-3yrs, then i will drop it if it doesnt sell, for names i acquire for $250 above, hold time will be for 5yrs, before I allow it drop. This was my resolution and i have stuck with it.

To reduce my Renewal Fees, I decided to focus on SH owned names by submitting unregistered names, I get a lower commission if the name sells but I dont have any business with renewal for 3yrs. I am also very ok with this.

I have also made a decision to stop handreg Now i want to focus on Reseller market on Namepros, BB slack channel and GD closeout. I cant compete with the white folks on GD auctions for now.

This doesnt mean that I wont change or make modifications to the above plans but it shows I have a clear cut objective, so there are so many things that will never apply to me or that I will bother myself about.

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ElonMosque(m): 2:38pm On Mar 02, 2020
therealMcCain:

When there is a story behind a sale, there are things I learn. but telling me Gwarimpacarpetcleaning sold for x amount, hold time 5days does me no good. I dont come here for such sales report. I come here for the Q & A.

This is your model to learn from sales to be able to come up with names. it works for you, stick to it. I dont subscribe to it, I learn from news articles, comments on forums etc Pls go to Namebio, Its a robust database of sold domain name by niche, category, tld, date, year etc it will help you alot since sales report motivates you.

For Newbies: Define your objective, what do you want out of this business? The answer to this will determine how you go about it and save you from frustration.

I made a decision mid last year, not to register Geo names again and not to renew them when they expire.(I renewed just one). I didnt like the time i was putting into getting enduser contacts and time to send outbound mails. it was serious work for me. So i resolved to stick to brandable and list them on SH,BB,BP thereby relying on their marketing strategy to do all the work for me.

I am ok if the names dont sell or if it takes 3years to sell. My brandables will be renewed for 2-3yrs, then i will drop it if it doesnt sell, for names i acquire for $250 above, hold time will be for 5yrs, before I allow it drop. This was my resolution and i have stuck with it.

To reduce my Renewal Fees, I decided to focus on SH owned names by submitting unregistered names, I get a lower commission if the name sells but I dont have any business with renewal for 3yrs. I am also very ok with this.

I have also made a decision to stop handreg, Now i want to focus on Reseller market on Namepros, BB slack channel and GD closeout. I cant compete with the white folks on GD auctions for now.

This doesnt mean that I wont change or make modifications to the above plans but it shows I have a clear cut objective, so there are so many things that will never apply to me or that I will bother myself about.

are you stopping handreg because of the time involved in finding good names too?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by zexzy(f): 2:46pm On Mar 02, 2020
Dreydoe:
call them
Ok, thanks.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by 1Dray(m): 2:56pm On Mar 02, 2020
codemaniacs:

how did 3 get accepted in less than 1 week?

mine has been pending approval for more than 2 weeks.

Did you submit with SH coins? I do submit with SH coins.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by division2020(m): 3:55pm On Mar 02, 2020
between Yahoo mail and Gmail please which platform is better to use to out bound to end users, I can't seems to send Mail with my Gmail
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ElonMosque(m): 3:58pm On Mar 02, 2020
division2020:
between Yahoo mail and Gmail please which platform is better to use to out bound to end users, I can't seems to send Mail with my Gmail

the domain name you're selling is more important than the email you use. Major on the MAJOR not on the minor.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by RenaissanceGuy: 4:00pm On Mar 02, 2020
Wow.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Essont(m): 4:20pm On Mar 02, 2020
I am a criminal lawyer practicing in *****

Please call me to discuss this issue.

Bosses here, please what is the best approach to this? Definitely not a phone call.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by U1(m): 4:23pm On Mar 02, 2020
Attached in the siggy is a recent sale ($169), which I haven't received the payment yet. This was my first sale in almost one and a half year! cheesy

I decided to quote my response to viktor88's sale (in terms of length) to further highlight what I wrote there.

I even just found out that two of my last sales (tucsonarizonalocksmith and huntsvillelawncare both in king) sold for lesser amounts via the same Afternic - the higher was about $109, if I remember correctly.

I'm still learning and it seems I haven't learned much, partly due to lack of enough encouragement.

Here are a few things I have learned from recent experiences:

1. You may want to ignore COMPLETELY what Estibot suggests for geos when trying to price.

2. Don't price your geo names (ideally not longer than 20 characters) less than $150 or thereabouts. Anyone who really wants your names would even pay more. Don't sell yourself short!

3. Afternic, or any platform, that makes your American-centric names more visible to Americans are vital. These people won't even mind paying more on such platforms.

Just my two cents. Bosses in the house, over to you!

U1:

Congrats, bro. More sales.

This sale got me thinking, though. If I had a name this long, $199 is the max I'd price it. Yet, the GEO names I did similar thing with in the past mostly did not get sold. I have even stopped registering names this long.

Wonders of God! cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ElonMosque(m): 4:25pm On Mar 02, 2020
Essont:

Bosses here, please what is the best approach to this? Definitely not a phone call.

lol discuss what na. maybe you drop the buy now link, and say you're outta town, maybe when he's ready he'll click and buy
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by U1(m): 4:29pm On Mar 02, 2020
therealMcCain:

I have also made a decision to stop handreg, Now i want to focus on Reseller market on Namepros, BB slack channel and GD closeout. I cant compete with the white folks on GD auctions for now.

Well said, bro. The bold portion right there perfectly captures what I feel. The most frustrating is that something still doesn't come out of the whole efforts in some cases, if not most.

I'm currently on an experiment of sort to determine whether to port away from GEO names.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by EpikNigeria: 4:29pm On Mar 02, 2020
Jayboltz:
Good evening all !
How do I respond to this?
Domain is less than 60 days I'm using epik name servers
@cdor777, EpikNigeria

You can simply set up an Instalment Payment plan of $250 for 2 months if the domain name is registered at Epik.

If otherwise, you can use our escrow service to split the payment. Visit Escrow.Epik.com, our Escrow Officer will help you close the deal

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Essont(m): 4:51pm On Mar 02, 2020
Thanks for the response, will wait for more responses.
ElonMosque:

lol discuss what na. maybe you drop the buy now link, and say you're outta town, maybe when he's ready he'll click and buy
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Essont(m): 4:52pm On Mar 02, 2020
Bosses please your response is needed.

Essont:

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Softmojo(m): 4:53pm On Mar 02, 2020
therealMcCain:

really I'm still wondering how you got SH to approve a name in .king TLD
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by EpikNigeria: 4:59pm On Mar 02, 2020
Hello everyone,

ALL NEW .INFO registrations are now discounted to $1.25 for a limited period at epik.com

Promo price started NOW. Go ahead and register as much .INFO domains as you need!

All domains registered at Epik include:

- Free WHOIS privacy
- Free SSL parking landers
- Free forwarding
- Free basic Wordpress site
- Free listing in Epik marketplace for selling/leasing

Starting searching for your names in BULK here: https://registrar.epik.com/index/bulk-register-domain

Let me know if you have any questions.

ENJOY!

PS: Premium names are not included in this promo

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by lawrenzo007(m): 5:02pm On Mar 02, 2020
hello house, pls how can use Hunter .io free plan? cos it's still asking me to subscribe each time I want to search
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ElonMosque(m): 5:04pm On Mar 02, 2020
use adapt in the meantime...

lawrenzo007:
hello house,
pls how can use Hunter .io free plan?
cos it's still asking me to subscribe each time I want to search

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by 1Dray(m): 5:25pm On Mar 02, 2020
I'm sorry, I can't access my PM.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ndeekay(m): 6:06pm On Mar 02, 2020
rentacock.com can get you $150,000 in some days.

ElonMosque:

Coronavirus.com

Or

Buy 500 geo names, hire 15 ppl that you'll pay 20k for a month, let them do outbound. Sell all 500 names for $300 each
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IdeasPro(m): 6:15pm On Mar 02, 2020
rentAcock:
Who can suggest an available domain name I can sell for $150,000 by month's end?

Hmmm! There is NONE!
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ElonMosque(m): 6:33pm On Mar 02, 2020
ndeekay:
rentacock.com can get you $150,000 in some days.

Sure!! Tinder, PH or POF may buy it cool
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by simonydurny(m): 6:42pm On Mar 02, 2020
ablemanzy:
NDI IGBO, HAUSA YORUBA AND OTHERS KWENI!

HOw I BeGaN mY jOuRnEy iN tHe dOmAin
iNduStRy.

Indeed, 2015 was the year I ran into a NENTOR by name Mr Ikenna Obi on NAIRALAND.COM
After the training, I invested roughly 100k, little
do I know that the domains I bought were all CRABS.

However, I gave up in the business after waiting for more than a year without making a DINE. meanwhile, i continued with my offline biz of SIM card registration agent. aka KYC.
Moreso, after four(4) YEARS of compulsory LEAVE I returned back into domain industry for
second missionary journey, precisely on the 20/10/2019. I enrolled for another training. But to God be the glory, 2019 restored my JOY.

Furthermore, within the space of five (5) months, I have successfully sold the following domains;
AutodealerConsulting//king(€105) (1st SALE)
AustinHomeListing//king(€209). (2nd SALE)
AustinSolarpanels//king(€180). (3rd SALE)
MetroDenverRoofing//king($328). (4th SALE)

In addition, PERSEVERANCE, PATIENT and having the right TOOL is the KEY. My advice to
those that have not make sale is to be patient.
Though it may take years, but one day MONEY will hit your account. Domain biz is real.

I rEsT mY cAsE.

@ BECKPLANET IF YOU DON'T MIND, I WILL LIKE TO HAVE A PRIVATE TALK WITH YOU.
MY EMAIL: ablemanzy@gmail.com

What did you do differently?

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by alawi5k: 6:46pm On Mar 02, 2020
therealMcCain:

Don't bother to share the stories behind your sales. Keep it to yourself. It is not compulsory to report sales.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by codemaniacs: 6:49pm On Mar 02, 2020
zz
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ElonMosque(m): 6:58pm On Mar 02, 2020
codemaniacs:

you can't submit unregisitered domains with SH coins, at least on my screen there is no "You would need 1 Squadhelp Coin to submit the domain" on the "SUBMIT AN UNREGISTERED DOMAIN" button.

but there is "You would need 1 Squadhelp Coin to submit the domain" on the "SUBMIT A DOMAIN YOU OWN" button.

You can submit an UNREGISTERED domain with SH coin. You have probably submitted some and they are reviewing them.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by flydomains: 7:17pm On Mar 02, 2020
U1:

Well said, bro. The bold portion right there perfectly captures what I feel. The most frustrating is that something still doesn't out of the whole efforts in some cases, if not most.

I'm currently on an experiment of sort to determine whether to port away from GEO names.

I think I have ported partly into brandables
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by DNSPro: 7:41pm On Mar 02, 2020
IdeasPro:

Hmmm! There is NONE!

Before you flip your website, how many articles do you put one them? How long does you wait for it to rank before you sell them?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by codemaniacs: 7:42pm On Mar 02, 2020
zz
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by DNSPro: 7:43pm On Mar 02, 2020
These guys would view your email, click on the domain to visit the page but will never reply you even when your email suggest that they reply for further discussions.

Oyiba is too character too weird for my liking.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by johnoj24(m): 7:45pm On Mar 02, 2020
Essont:

It should be auto respond

(1) (2) (3) ... (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) ... (3322) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.