Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (1637) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3552640 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1634) (1635) (1636) (1637) (1638) (1639) (1640) ... (3314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by UrVillagePpl: 10:03pm On Jun 18, 2020
Reality11:
Guys how should I handle this?

I made a mistake while writing the URL of my domain in the sales later. I wrote the singular instead of plural. Probably the end user visit the link but didn't see price because he just asked me how much.

Thus I've written the price at the extreme end of the latter. I don't know how he didn't see it.

The problem is that Another domainer has already listed the singular with Afternic lander.

Should I tell him a price and drop the real URL ?

And should I change my lander to Afternic since probably he has already visited the wrong URL?

If I were to be in your shoes this is what I will do.

Try and check for the singular using the search box on Afternic... afterwards, you reply the the end-user telling him/her the Price. That you're ready to let it go for a lower price if he/she is to buy it within the next 48hours..

For example:
After checking the price for the singular, you realize that it costs $700. You then reply the enduser, with 650 telling him that you're willing to let it go for 450 if he/she is going to get it within 48hours. Stating clearly that he should kindly follow the link below to Buy it now.

NB: the link should be the plural using Dan's lander.

2cent from a newbie. tongue
I hope this plays out well.
Good luck

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Chukael: 11:01pm On Jun 18, 2020
IdeasPro:

Yes, if you receive a mail before replying to it, it works. Since I've paid hosting, I've not tried sending straight from the email forwarding side. I'll try it out and reply back later.
Alright
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by TheSTreetman: 11:06pm On Jun 18, 2020
Softmojo:
So i submitted and unreg to SH yesterday. Today SH approved and suggested a price of $1999(first time i'm seeing this). I approved and the next message i got is that "there was a problem regging the name".

I checked on whois and the name has been registered by SquadHelp on June 18th.(today).

The name is however not on my list of SH premium names.

Are you sure the name was registered by Squadhelp?

Cause i have lost so many names like that..
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Softmojo(m): 11:26pm On Jun 18, 2020
TheSTreetman:

Are you sure the name was registered by Squadhelp?

Cause i have lost so many names like that..

Whois info.

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Craigbrown4076: 11:54pm On Jun 18, 2020
zexzy:
Clear//hearing//aids//. Com
Sold for $850 at DAN
Bought at Netsol 4.95
Hold time 3weeks
Inbound offer of 200
Negotiated to 850.
Grateful to God.

COngrats... This is why "type-in" domains or EMD's are good domains.

8 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by micynute94(m): 2:21am On Jun 19, 2020
zexzy:
Sold for $850 at DAN
Bought at Netsol 4.95
Hold time 3weeks
Inbound offer of 200
Negotiated to 850.
Grateful to God.

Congrats....

Can you tell us the initial selling price you listed the name for?

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by viktor88: 4:30am On Jun 19, 2020
Someone will report a sale and people will keep asking questions that the person have already answered.

I don't know if it's the price and hold time that is confusing them or that they don't like to read??

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by TheSTreetman: 4:53am On Jun 19, 2020
Softmojo:

Whois info.

Nawa ooh. Chat their support and hear from them.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by fasa199(m): 6:25am On Jun 19, 2020
fasa199:
Hello bosses is this domain hit or miss

CartArk// king

Ideaspro, therealmccain, ikhalyfa, elosmosque, tranxo, beckplanet, and all the newbies and bosses.

What do y’all think
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Femcesc07(m): 6:41am On Jun 19, 2020
micynute94:

Congrats....

Can you tell us the initial selling price you listed the name for?
The answer is up there bro
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by beckplanet: 6:58am On Jun 19, 2020
fasa199:
Hello bosses is this domain hit or miss

CartArk// king

Ideaspro, therealmccain, ikhalyfa, elosmosque, tranxo, beckplanet, and all the newbies and bosses.
Hi bro,

Cart//Ark is just an Ok name but not Good enough in my opinion.
The pronunciation of the name creates no distinct separation and sounds like different things.
Might sound like Cat//ark to some people or Cat//arc or Cart//arc or even Cartack. That's why i said the name is just OK. When trying to purchase/reg a name, make sure it is outstanding and easier to understand with a good flow and passes the radio test without thinking twice.

Let's look at the words: while "Cart" is a good keyword, "Ark" is less popular and less used. And their combination sounds just casual without any real connotation or sight.
But if you already own the name no problem, just give it a try on any brandable marketplace, to see how they rates it, and also list on Afternic for a good range fee probably in the $450-$1995 range and see what happens. Truth is any name can sell at any point once the definite end user comes knocking (as they say regardless of what a name is appraised at, a real names beauty /value lies in the eye of end-user)
So i wish you Goodluck on this one. However next time try regging names that stands out and need no much explanation.
But then again good luck and all the best here.

Peace cool

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by fasa199(m): 7:18am On Jun 19, 2020
beckplanet:

Hi bro,

The pronunciation of the name creates no distinct separation and sounds like different things.
Might sound like Cat//art to some people or Cat//arc or Cart//arc or even Cartack. That's why i said the name is just OK. When trying to purchase/reg a name, make sure it is outstanding and easier to understand with a good flow and passes the radio test without thinking twice.

Let's look at the words: while "Cart" is a good keyword, "Ark" is less popular and less used. And their combination sounds just casual without any real connotation or sight.
But if you already own the name no problem, just give it a try on any brandable marketplace, to see how they rates it, and also list on Afternic for a good range fee probably in the $450-$1995 range and see what happens. Truth is any name can sell at any point once the definite end user comes knocking (as they say regardless of what a name is appraised at, a real names beauty /value lies in the eye of end-user)
So i wish you Goodluck on this one. However next time try regging names that stands out and need no much explanation.

Peace cool

Thanks boss. God bless you.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ewizard1: 7:34am On Jun 19, 2020
beckplanet:

Hi bro,

Might sound like Cat//art to some people or Cat//arc or Cart//arc or even Cartack. That's why i said the name is just OK. When trying to purchase/reg a name, make sure it is outstanding and easier to understand with a good flow and passes the radio test without thinking twice.

Peace cool
Now, this is how to review a name. Not just blurting "No" or shooting sarcasm.

GM err'one.

6 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by kurt09(m): 8:22am On Jun 19, 2020
zexzy:
Sold for $850 at DAN
Bought at Netsol 4.95
Hold time 3weeks
Inbound offer of 200
Negotiated to 850.
Grateful to God.
Congratulations. Purchase price and registra? grin

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 19, 2020
kurt09:

5 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Sadiq3051(m): 8:46am On Jun 19, 2020
kurt09:

brother read the Alert again, everything you asked is clearly written in the sales report na..
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Chukael: 8:51am On Jun 19, 2020
Sadiq3051:

brother read the Alert again, everything you asked is clearly written in the sales report na..
He is being silly no mind am cheesy

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Omoawoke: 8:58am On Jun 19, 2020
beckplanet:

Hi bro,

Peace cool
Thank you for the review, u teach in a way everyone learns from it and can apply later on
Before buying a name, ask yourself, what will beckplanet say...... cheesy

6 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Firefox01: 9:22am On Jun 19, 2020
Hello guys, i attempted submitting a name to squadhelp but they told me it has been submitted by another member. I closed the tab and went to check out other names, upon coming back I saw that I've reached my limit and that the name they claimed was submitted by another member is currently under my own pending review. Should I be worried?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by EGUNSOLA14: 9:34am On Jun 19, 2020
A member ask me to post this on his behalf

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by tranxo(m): 9:44am On Jun 19, 2020
EGUNSOLA14:
Tread carefully. What you are pushing is heading towards .......
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Depressed101: 9:48am On Jun 19, 2020
Sales alert
Name: Rent Apartments Chicago/king
Sold: 250
Reg fee: 3.99 porkbun
Venue: Epik
Hold time : 60days
Type: outbound

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by dollarsignbloga(f): 9:50am On Jun 19, 2020
Good morning house, pls I need your help urgently. I want to register a domain on go daddy but I have been struggling with the processes, registering my card is now is where I am, (I'm using zenith visa card, the one they wrote Naira on) it's been telling me oops, to enter the card info correctly each time I try to submit it. Pls is there a simpler way to make purchases from go daddy? To aid me register the domains I have in mind.
I'm a newbie, just trying to register my first domain.
Someone should pls come to my aid asap.
God bless
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by grandstar(m): 9:51am On Jun 19, 2020
EGUNSOLA14:

Workstud.io is gone

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by EGUNSOLA14: 9:58am On Jun 19, 2020
tranxo:

Tread carefully. What you are pushing is heading towards .......

did you read my post before the screenshot?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by TheSTreetman: 10:03am On Jun 19, 2020
Firefox01:
Hello guys, i attempted submitting a name to squadhelp but they told me it has been submitted by another member. I closed the tab and went to check out other names, upon coming back I saw that I've reached my limit and that the name they claimed was submitted by another member is currently under my own pending review. Should I be worried?

Why would you be worried nah?. It's pending under your name.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ElonMosque(m): 10:12am On Jun 19, 2020
Congrats to all recent sellers.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by codemaniacs: 10:22am On Jun 19, 2020
zz
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by dollarsignbloga(f): 10:24am On Jun 19, 2020
Pls someone should help me. I have never made online payment / before. And I have been following this thread for a while now. And so I tried buyinga domain at godaddy, but after registering the card information and submit, they keep telling me to enter all the details/fields, but the funny thing is that I did. This is so annoying. So I'm wondering is there another simpler way of making online payment.
Cc elonmusque(dont know if I got the spelling correctly)
ideapro
codemanaic
iykepromotions
and all the gurus in the house! Pls help a sister.
God bless.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Firefox01: 10:43am On Jun 19, 2020
codemaniacs:

No you shouldn't be worried.

In programming, there is something called conditional statements. they didn't code their website to say "it has already been submitted by you".. they programmed it to say "it has been submitted by another member" that another member is you. they used a general term to maintain privacy of its users,
so that they do not reveal the name of users who submit domains.
Thanks alot bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1634) (1635) (1636) (1637) (1638) (1639) (1640) ... (3314) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.