Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (3103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3578686 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3100) (3101) (3102) (3103) (3104) (3105) (3106) ... (3319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Domainer1999: 1:08pm On Mar 09, 2023
Thanks.

Brandconsultany:
Congrats...
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by JamParkMe: 1:50pm On Mar 09, 2023
trafficpools:
like you've been advised quickly accept the offer and moved on, cos 50/50 you might and might not be able to sell the name for the price again

Wishing you your first sale with the name!!!!

Too late bro, I countered with $7k. Similar domains sold between $7k and $22k. But If they counter with something higher than $1k I might accept it. If they don't reply back, I will keep it because I know this particular domain is worth much more.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by JamParkMe: 1:51pm On Mar 09, 2023
Kasiyya:
bro take that offer. Break the yoke cause is you first ever sale

I countered. They were low balling me and they know it. But it's all good, this one doesn't have to be my first sale.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Onlinedet: 2:33pm On Mar 09, 2023
✅ *PayPal funds would be available for CHECKOUT this evening/tonight....*

✅ *You can slide into my DM now to place your order before time.*

👉You can get my WhatsApp number on my signature.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Salesbay: 2:35pm On Mar 09, 2023
Seems google is monitoring me. They banned my first account, I appealed and they didn't restore it. Now they've just banned my second account.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Rickramzy(m): 3:29pm On Mar 09, 2023
I admire this business idea,
I on the other hand have a FREE e-book that is termed "10 PRACTICAL WAYS TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE IN 2023- FOR A COMMON NEWBIE"
This book has presented many young Nigerians golden opportunities on starting up their own businesses.

I won't speak much of it.
See for your selves, you can thank me later.
Download the book here
https:///yckww35y

iykepromotions:
Edited; this thread is all about exposing one of the other ways to make money online. I don't want this thread to go far however my original thread was deleted late last week by the overzealous antibot. And I promise that this thread will be more interesting than the first thread.

Introduction;
As I write earlier this thread is focusing on how to make money with NEW and EXPIRED domain names, tips, experiences. Do and Don'ts.
It still amazes me that quite a large number of Nigerians are fully online with different devices phones and computers but yet not making money from it. Many things have changed and one of the easiest way to make money now is online. Quote me anywhere.

Now you may be asking" what is a domain name and how can I make money from it"?
Calm down
In one word a domain name is an online real estate. If you want to get a website for personal or business use, what you need first is a domain name. Just like if you want to to build a house, no matter your plans and design, you need a land first.
In other words, without a domain name there will be no website. Without a domain name there will be nothing like e-mail address. "Now how do I make money from it"? The truth is that most good domain names have been taken. ... They have all gone. For example all 3letter domains names has been taken. You can form it and confirm. The only avenue to target is expired domain names. And what is expired domain name again? These are domains that the original owners fail to renew. every domain has an expiry date. The maximum you can register a domain is 10 yr which the minimum is just 1 yr. Now if the original owner fail to renew it after the year duration, some grace period will be given after the domain will be dropped and become available for anyone to re- register and it's legal.

Now this is quite easy and anybody with the right information and tools can do it and have a wonderful result. This is from my personal experience and not a hear say. Now this is richly profitable but just like any other business it has some basic strategies and ways to do it in order to get decent result.

Questions and enquiries are welcomed.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Crazeworld(m): 4:29pm On Mar 09, 2023
JamParkMe:

Too late bro, I countered with $7k. Similar domains sold between $7k and $22k. But If they counter with something higher than $1k I might accept it. If they don't reply back, I will keep it because I know this particular domain is worth much more.
Nobody can give an accurate advise on how much you should sell a domain they don't know. You didn't even give enough information like the keyword, potential use case by industries, desirability, etc. Only you knows the domain name which means only you can valuate it. Every other advise given here is just from a sales point of view.

However, the mail from Afternic's sales rep shows clearly that the domain in question isn't anywhere worth your asking price of $8k. In his word (let's assume the agent is male), "the client started with a much lower offer but was eventually jacked up to 1k after extensive domain education on similar sales in the current market." If the domain were that valuable, I think the agent would have advised the client that 1k is a low offer.

From your response, it looks like you would have happily sold it if you can net above $1k after commission but you decided to shoot for the moon by countering $7k. In my opinion, it doesn't look like a very good decision that can help close the sale.

If you are starting out in domaining, getting sales, irrespective of the amount, will greatly help to boost your confidence. You don't sit on a domain and say you know it's worth much more than you are being offered. You can upgrade your portfolio when there is cashflow.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Crazeworld(m): 4:40pm On Mar 09, 2023
If it's not too late (and if it's okay by you), you can reply the agent with this message.

Hi David,

I just realized I mistakenly countered with $7,000 instead of $1,700 which was my intended counteroffer. I apologize for any confusion I may have caused in our previous communication.

That being said, I am willing to negotiate and sell the domain for $1,500 if the client is able to move up from the initial offer of $1,000. Please let me know if this is a possibility and if we can move forward with the transaction.

I have updated the nameservers to ns3 & ns4.afternic.com like you suggested.

Thank you.

Good luck.

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by trafficpools: 4:47pm On Mar 09, 2023
Crazeworld:
Nobody can give an accurate advise on how much you should sell a domain they don't know. You didn't even give enough information like the keyword, potential use case by industries, desirability, etc. Only you knows the domain name which means only you can valuate it. Every other advise given here is just from a sales point of view.

However, the mail from Afternic's sales rep shows clearly that the domain in question isn't anywhere worth your asking price of $8k. In his word (let's assume the agent is male), "the client started with a much lower offer but was eventually jacked up to 1k after much domain education on similar sales in the current market." If the domain were that valuable, I think the agent would have advised the client that 1k is a low offer.

From your response, it looks like you would have happily sold it if you can net above $1k after commission but you decided to shoot for the moon by countering $7k. In my opinion, it doesn't look like a very good decision that can help close the sale.

If you are starting out in domaining, getting sales, irrespective of the amount, will greatly help to boost your confidence. You don't sit on a domain and say you know it's worth much more than you are being offered. You can upgrade your portfolio when there is cashflow.
exactly my point boss, because it's a market place agent that is negotiating with the buyer makes the offer a worth considering. Reason why I said selling it for that price or above becomes 50/50 situation! The said agent might present similar name with lesser price to the buyer except, it's an exceptional name with lesser alternative in value and prices which I doubted! Besides, $850 is not a small amount for a first sale in domain. Have been around here for more than three years and my highest sale is still $750, although the no of years has nothing to do with results one can come out with!
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by JamParkMe: 5:03pm On Mar 09, 2023
Crazeworld:

However, the mail from Afternic's sales rep shows clearly that the domain in question isn't anywhere worth your asking price of $8k. In his word (let's assume the agent is male), "the client started with a much lower offer but was eventually jacked up to 1k after extensive domain education on similar sales in the current market." If the domain were that valuable, I think the agent would have advised the client that 1k is a low offer.

Very good points. This particular domain is worth much more. It is in an industry that's blowing up exponentially. It is a 2 word, 7 letter domain that ends in "jobs". I can confidently sit this one out because there's a high demand for it. But, I get your point.

4 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Promxy94(m): 6:20pm On Mar 09, 2023
JamParkMe:

Very good points. This particular domain is worth much more. It is in an industry that's blowing up exponentially. It is a 2 word, 7 letter domain that ends in "jobs". I can confidently sit this one out because there's a high demand for it. But, I get your point.

I felt like passing but your comment forced me to make my position known.

If an offer is not worth accepting then hold unto your name because i like your spirit. Besides if you price cheap you never get high sales. But if you price high, you either get a high sale, or a no Thankyou. So keep up with what you want.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by JamParkMe: 6:38pm On Mar 09, 2023
Promxy94:

I felt like passing but your comment forced me to make my position known.

If an offer is not worth accepting then hold unto your name because i like your spirit. Besides if you price cheap you never get high sales. But if you price high, you either get a high sale, or a no Thankyou. So keep up with what you want.

Thanks a lot, that makes me feel better.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Heyzee5: 7:58pm On Mar 09, 2023
JamParkMe:

You do have a lot of courage for someone who is yet to make their first sale. Respect that! I hope it all works out well for you in the end. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Apus: 8:26pm On Mar 09, 2023
JamParkMe:

Bros, please keep that domain.
My first sale 4 years ago was a low four figure. It really meant a lot to me back then. But as I gained more knowledge, I regretted it sold at the price it did: Very rare two word brandable name. My best handreg domain ever.

Landing your first sale though good for gaining confidence should not lead to accepting low ball offers.

Looking forward to seeing lots of 5-6 figure sales here.

7 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by James39: 11:47pm On Mar 09, 2023
This thread is gradually coming alive again grin

5 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by TopeQs: 7:23am On Mar 10, 2023
Good morning everyone.

I'm having a challenge, I just got a domain on dynadot. I've changed the nameserver to Dan but it keeps rejecting anytime I want to add on Dan. It says the domain has been deleted, my challenge is, how do I have another landing page on it? I want to outbound, I'm used to Dan's landing page. I've listed on Afternic but I need a landing page on the website.

I changed the nameserver to sav too but I haven't seen any changes, the landing page still goes back to the dan page that said domain has been deleted.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Heryormilekan(m): 7:26am On Mar 10, 2023
Crazeworld:

Firstly, you don't count on brokers especially Afternic/GoDaddy brokers they are known for manipulating sellers and makes them feel they are getting a good deal they can't get somewhere else which is totally far from the truth. Many Top sellers have shared there bad experience with GoDaddy brokers.

If the domain is really valuable like the guy claimed then I bet the broker will reach out to him with higher offer in couple of days and I guess the domain have something related to VR, XR and Ai.

And lastly it seems the guy is indecisive with the amount he wants for the domain because you can't have a reserve of $500 for a domain and get an offer $1000 then counter with $7000. This shows he didn't really have idea what he's doing because the broker actually worked with his reserve of $500 to walk the buyer to $1000.

I hope it closes at the end.

Best.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 8:16am On Mar 10, 2023
TopeQs:
Good morning everyone.

I'm having a challenge, I just got a domain on dynadot. I've changed the nameserver to Dan but it keeps rejecting anytime I want to add on Dan. It says the domain has been deleted, my challenge is, how do I have another landing page on it? I want to outbound, I'm used to Dan's landing page. I've listed on Afternic but I need a landing page on the website.

I changed the nameserver to sav too but I haven't seen any changes, the landing page still goes back to the dan page that said domain has been deleted.
Use the chat option and reach out to Dan's support

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Crazeworld(m): 9:01am On Mar 10, 2023
Heryormilekan:

Firstly, you don't count on brokers especially Afternic/GoDaddy brokers they are known for manipulating sellers and makes them feel they are getting a good deal they can't get somewhere else which is totally far from the truth. Many Top sellers have shared there bad experience with GoDaddy brokers.

If the domain is really valuable like the guy claimed then I bet the broker will reach out to him with higher offer in couple of days and I guess the domain have something related to VR, XR and Ai.

And lastly it seems the guy is indecisive with the amount he wants for the domain because you can't have a reserve of $500 for a domain and get an offer $1000 then counter with $7000. This shows he didn't really have idea what he's doing because the broker actually worked with his reserve of $500 to walk the buyer to $1000.

I hope it closes at the end.

Best.
Yes, you have a point.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Mrblaze06: 9:35am On Mar 10, 2023
James39:
This thread is gradually coming alive again grin
Be like na dry sales na im make am dry sef abi people no just wan comment.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by TopeQs: 11:33am On Mar 10, 2023
BOOKWORMLUX:

Use the chat option and reach out to Dan's support

Thanks, I eventually stuck with dynadot own.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Mrblaze06: 3:50pm On Mar 10, 2023
Curative//hemp///com
SP; 599
HT: 10 months
Sold through afternic distribution and this is my first sale of the year and first non GEO sale.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by symbuul: 4:57pm On Mar 10, 2023
Mrblaze06:
Curative//hemp///com
SP; 599
Sold through afternic distribution and this is my first sale of the year and first non GEO sale.

Congrats chief
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Mrblaze06: 5:03pm On Mar 10, 2023
symbuul:

Congrats chief
Thanks boss
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by therealMcCain: 5:28pm On Mar 10, 2023
JamParkMe:
Guys please help me. I listed a domain on afternic some time ago and today I received an email from one of their domain broker that someone is interested in the domain. My buy it now price on aftenic is over $8k with a $500 reserve. The interested buyer made an offer for $1000 and after commission, I will get $850.

How do I counter? I think this is a low offer.

1. Next time, look for trusted handles and reach out privately with the name, they will be able to offer better advise.

Without knowing the exact name, it will be difficult to give a tailored advise.

2. How did you arrive at the 7k valuation?

was it comparable sales or estibot valuation?

That a name sold for x amount, doesnt mean it will sell for that same amount again. There are metrics that are used to arrive at a price

That a company is a big company does not also mean that they will be willing to spend big bucks on a domain name

3. If your BIN is that high, then your minimum offer shouldnt be that low

I hope it goes well for you

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by therealMcCain: 5:37pm On Mar 10, 2023
TopeQs:
Good morning everyone.

1. Always add your NS3 verification or txt records provided by DAN to your nameservers

This is to prove to DAN that the name belongs to you. With this, DAN will then add the names to your portfolio

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by protocol(m): 6:36pm On Mar 10, 2023
E

66 Likes 14 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:00pm On Mar 10, 2023
shocked
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 10, 2023
protocol:
i dont really report my sales here for reasons best kwn to me. I pray i change. Some of my recent sales that i wish to drop for encouragement purposes.

kitchen AndBathHub. com $1288
TheVaccine Injurylawyers .com $1288
eBike Helmets. com $1400
ebikes forhunting. com $ 588
ebikes forfishing. com $588
ebikes fordelivery. com $899
water sportshelmets. com $500
Houston Candlecompany .com $500
Alta PropertyManagement. com $400
Springhill roofing. com $200
DrillRig Rentals. com $300
Used drillrigsforsale .com$500

Congratulations bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Brandconsultany: 7:32pm On Mar 10, 2023
Mrblaze06:
Curative//hemp///com
SP; 599

Congrats
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Brandconsultany: 7:35pm On Mar 10, 2023
protocol:
i dont really report my sales here for reasons best kwn to me. I pray i change. Some of my recent sales that i wish to drop for encouragement purposes.

kitchen AndBathHub. com $1288
TheVaccine Injurylawyers .com $1288
eBike Helmets. com $1400
ebikes forhunting. com $ 588
ebikes forfishing. com $588
ebikes fordelivery. com $899
water sportshelmets. com $500
Houston Candlecompany .com $500
Alta PropertyManagement. com $400
Springhill roofing. com $200
DrillRig Rentals. com $300
Used drillrigsforsale .com$500

Congrats on these Hits...

Were these sales through outbound or inbound

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3100) (3101) (3102) (3103) (3104) (3105) (3106) ... (3319) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: frankyshaky01, Achonation and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.