Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,853 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (3308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3539084 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3305) (3306) (3307) (3308) (3309) (3310) (3311) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Jimneighbour: 9:41pm On Apr 16
palinco:
I don't think this is true. I always list first in Dan with BIN before I list with Afternic. I have had no issues from both sites.

But why do you still list at Afternic If you know that listing at Dan will automatically list at Afternic?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by U1(m): 10:38pm On Apr 16
Gpexchange:
I honestly just give it any price I feel is right like based on the time I wasted finding it and wat kind of industry it might have...and similar sales I have seen people sell names like that for......

And wen none of that data is around I just price based on nothing I close eye and randomly decide.. cause the way I have noticed how alot of this end users waste money on domains they don't even need ehn... No pity..cause what do u mean u pay 50k for domain and drop it in 1 year cause u don't feel the startup idea anymore.....and since inbound is a waiting game sometimes I want the price to be worth the wait cause months is a really long time....

I try to ignore the whole sell Tru rate at 2% or .1% . cause the main point is as long one get sold for good profit u would be fine so despite needing money sometimes I don't price low... patience no go kill person..... let my suffering continue...and I don't change it at all till expiration date..... But if it's too high make offer is there for them..... of course some might not see it but if the end user really needs it them go find am tire......

And I remember when u use to say you couldnt price past 100$ grin was kinda glad when I noticed u increased them nowadays.......

Thanks for this. And this your style is working really good for you! smiley

Be like me sef go find a few domains that I intend keeping for years and slam them with better price. If I get two or three of these your high-figure sales in a year, soup don done be that.

As for the bold portion, I find that thing strange to understand. How do you buy a domain name for thousands of dollars and let it expire after one or two years? Well, that's good news for domainers sha.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by U1(m): 10:57pm On Apr 16
MichealOlajide:

wow congrats.
still surprises me how you guys sell names while I'm still finding it difficult to sell one even after endless outbound.
Congrats boss

If you can raise the money, try to continue registering new names. Make sure you continue to study what makes a good domain name and why certain domains sell.

It helps to have some percentage of your sales proceeds devoted to new acquisitions and/or renewals when you start selling.

Just see outbound marketing as a way of creating awareness. More of the sales I made since the beginning of 2023 were inbound - some might be by people I had contacted in the past who later bought months later.

If I may add, offering discounts doesn't seem to work much anymore based on my results over the same period. I sold only one domain via that means since the start of 2023 and I am still offering them - I intend stopping soon, except something exceptional happens this month. It's better to let them make an offer if your price is beyond an end-user's budget, based on my observation.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by MichealOlajide: 11:50pm On Apr 16
U1:

If you can raise the money, try to continue registering new names. Make sure you continue to study what makes a good domain name and why certain domains sell.

It helps to have some percentage of your sales proceeds devoted to new acquisitions and/or renewals when you start selling.

Just see outbound marketing as a way of creating awareness. More of the sales I made since the beginning of 2023 were inbound - some might be by people I had contacted in the past who later bought months later.

If I may add, offering discounts doesn't seem to work much anymore based on my results over the same period. I sold only one domain via that means since the start of 2023 and I am still offering them - I intend stopping soon, except something exceptional happens this month. It's better to let them make an offer if your price is beyond an end-user's budget, based on my observation.

Good luck!

ok boss many thanks .

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by palinco: 5:51am On Apr 17
Thank you Lord Jesus.
Started officially last August in domain business. Though listed own website domain for sale since 2022.
This is my first sale: JupiterHomeWatch ( in king)
I got the name free from a VIP member in NP, and paid $10 renewal fee.
Hold time : 2 months
Sold for $125 in Dan.
Did outbound, got the buyer's interest same day I renewed the subscription. Being on him, he stopped responding, sent him $100 amount; low feedback no response, I decided not to contact him. Put, BIN $450. After two weeks, yesterday he came wanting to buy for $100, after long negotiation, we ended up in $125.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by palinco: 6:01am On Apr 17
I like listing separately. First in Dan, then Afternic.
Jimneighbour:
But why do you still list at Afternic If you know that listing at Dan will automatically list at Afternic?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by palinco: 6:07am On Apr 17
I have 73 names now. I have done so for almost all my names. When Afternic says existing listing, I usually put the sever 3 verification code, and after few minutes, it will be resolved.
U1:

Maybe you haven't done this for dozens of names. At some point, you must experience that issue - maybe except Afternic has improved their system in the last year.

Until I paused direct listing on Afternic last April, I used to have that issue of "existing listing" that would require me to contact support. An Afternic support agent even informed me once that listing first on DAN as a cause of the problem.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Gpexchange: 7:22am On Apr 17
Nah not really... Started with small amount but sales from geo na wetin I use come buy rest....then ran from the geo that helped me grin.....
Omini247:

Na backflip (I mean the huge amount) you take enter this domain I remember.... I'm happy you no wound..

I make bold to say you are now standing strong and tall... Congrats Man

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Gpexchange: 7:23am On Apr 17
yeah the thing dey surprising but they get money sha so make Dem spend....
U1:

As for the bold portion, I find that thing strange to understand. How do you buy a domain name for thousands of dollars and let it expire after one or two years? Well, that's good news for domainers sha.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Gpexchange: 7:25am On Apr 17
Congrats..
palinco:
we ended up in $125.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Jamescool2: 8:13am On Apr 17
Hello everyone. Screenshot of earnings from a name I want to sell

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by U1(m): 8:15am On Apr 17
palinco:
I have 73 names now. I have done so for almost all my names. When Afternic says existing listing, I usually put the sever 3 verification code, and after few minutes, it will be resolved.

Now, that's a good idea right there. Just that I also use the nameserver 3 slot for Dan verification.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by U1(m): 10:12am On Apr 17
Gpexchange:
yeah the thing dey surprising but they get money sha so make Dem spend....

I am still wondering about these your high-figure sales. smiley I find them somewhat surprising in that if you checked NameBio for comparable-keyword sales you'd see more low-priced sales, often less than $200.

Abeg what's the amount you typically set for "make offer" for those who might want to make offer instead of buying at BIN? Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Jeje247: 11:45am On Apr 17
Please I need guidance with registering on bodis.
I encountered this page and I'm at loss what to fill in.

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Gpexchange: 11:46am On Apr 17
Yeah i tend to just ignore the previous sales showing lower and just put price i think is better...

for the make offer i just leave it at dans default no strength to be doing minimum
U1:

I am still wondering about these your high-figure sales. smiley I find them somewhat surprising in that if you checked NameBio for comparable-keyword sales you'd see more low-priced sales, often less than $200.

Abeg what's the amount you typically set for "make offer" for those who might want to make offer instead of buying at BIN? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by MatthiasChin: 12:53pm On Apr 17
Unrelated; but Dan's 25 percent too much, even God sef dey collect 10 percent haba
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Jeje247: 12:58pm On Apr 17
Jeje247:
Please I need guidance with registering on bodis.
I encountered this page and I'm at loss what to fill in.
Who knows??
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ericbertrand(m): 1:53pm On Apr 17
MatthiasChin:
Unrelated; but Dan's 25 percent too much, even God sef dey collect 10 percent haba
No be 15 percent?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by James39: 2:13pm On Apr 17
ericbertrand:

No be 15 percent?

If you don't use there name servers and the name sold via there platform.

You pay 25% commission
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ANTAX99: 3:04pm On Apr 17
SquadHelp rebrands to Atom!
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by gentlekeny(m): 4:00pm On Apr 17
There are 2 domain names i want to register.

I searched it on dynadot, namecheap & Godaddy and its telling me its taken but on Qservers and OrangeHost they are available. Its over a week now and today i checked again still the same.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by joezyni(m): 4:05pm On Apr 17
Domainer1999:
💪

Hi please how did you generate leads for this domain ?

Congratulations
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by U1(m): 6:25pm On Apr 17
Gpexchange:
Yeah i tend to just ignore the previous sales showing lower and just put price i think is better...

for the make offer i just leave it at dans default no strength to be doing minimum

Thanks!
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by collinng: 10:08pm On Apr 17
To make money online, explore freelancing, e-commerce, or creating digital products. Consider your skills and interests. Invest time in learning and networking. Stay consistent and adaptable. Check out urban vision lutsk project https://uvl.algorytm.ngo/, support initiatives like this. It's important to empower young talents. Engage with the link provided, contribute to meaningful causes while exploring online opportunities.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Jimneighbour: 10:46pm On Apr 17
U1:
Please does anyone understand what could be in the minds of these buyers?

I screenshot these several days ago, maybe even over a week.
Same guy

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Phantom042: 12:04am On Apr 18
Jamescool2:
Good morning. I have a domain that generates traffic, and it has generated over 800$ revenue for me.

I can provide the domain name and proof of income/revenue upon request.

You can verify the domain on SEMRush or using any other tools of their choice.

I'm are looking for any interested buyer..

Drop your contact
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by James39: 6:26am On Apr 18
Jimneighbour:
Same guy

That's Mike Mann the owner of domain/market/ king.

I've never seen him report sales in 3figures.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Rankett: 7:04am On Apr 18
Jimneighbour:
Same guy

The name in the screenshots is an upgrade for more than 10 companies. That justifies the high price.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Jimneighbour: 8:50am On Apr 18
James39:

That's Mike Mann the owner of domain/market/ king.

I've never seen him report sales in 3figures.
yes, there is a plural name he has listed at almost $300k and I have the singular word.... omo the way he prices his domain is something else
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by erjo: 9:10am On Apr 18
Jimneighbour:
yes, there is a plural name he has listed at almost $300k and I have the singular word.... omo the way he prices his domain is something else

How much did u price ur own? grin
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by golamike: 10:16am On Apr 18
Nice day everyone...
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by golamike: 10:16am On Apr 18
Contact me for your email scraping service for Geos
@ #600 only.

All emails to be verified and sent in .csv file.

You can reach me on 09157906580 (WhatsApp)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3305) (3306) (3307) (3308) (3309) (3310) (3311) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: goatandyam and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.