Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,852 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3567385 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (3316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 12:24pm On May 02, 2017
Markikus:
I have been trying to list my newly acquired domain weightfact dot com on afternic, but each time it keeps saying it is already listed by another seller.. I have been thinking about contacting support but my fear is wont afternic block my account if they find out I am from Nigeria based on their perceived over aggressiveness to Nigerians
unlike sedo, afternic are Nigeria friendly. I remember when i sold my first domain over there, got a confirmation mail from them that my domain name has been sold. however i was asked to transfer the domain to them first before the funds will be released to me. I was skeptical at first but sent an notitication mail to them that am a Nigerian, living and working in Nigeria. transfer was concluded within 3 days and I got paid.

Simply mail them that you're now the new owner of the domain and you want to put it up in their marketplace but discovered that someone else has listed it previously. that's all.

regards.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 12:34pm On May 02, 2017
Imonijesu:
Good day nairalander on dis domain platform,I need ur help.I hv been following dis trend,I hv done research bat domain name and am even tired,pls ike and other good pple.can I start dis biz with 2k.because d on challenge I have now is money.if yes he do use my gab card to pay for it.if no,what do u advice me to do.pls I will b expecting it reply.thanks
Be fully prepared in terms of capital and knowledge. This is about making money online which involves spending money first. with the right knowledge, strategies and tools, I recommend a newbie to start at least with FOUR DOMAINS.

Target your first sale between $200 to $500 USD and when you begin to see returns, you can be increasing your price and portfolio.

Without a promo code, the original price of a .com is just $8.99 @ namesilo. concerning your card, if you mean GTBank ATM card, yes it works fine for international transactions and I still use it till Date. when checking out you will see a space to insert your card details and information.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Samabu07(m): 1:20pm On May 02, 2017
dand9206:
Yes, i have had success registering a domain on alpnames on 6th or 7th of this month, i used "skrill." It wasnt a ".com" though, i only wanted to see if it works out, so decided to spend small. The naira equivalent was just N227 i think, so really got nothing to lose. They have numerous payment methods for use.
Thanks for the head up.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Frankicent(m): 1:31pm On May 02, 2017
iykepromotions:
send a direct mail.

Kk
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Markikus: 3:54pm On May 02, 2017
iykepromotions:
unlike sedo, afternic are Nigeria friendly. I remember when i sold my first domain over there, got a confirmation mail from them that my domain name has been sold. however i was asked to transfer the domain to them first before the funds will be released to me. I was skeptical at first but sent an notitication mail to them that am a Nigerian, living and working in Nigeria. transfer was concluded within 3 days and I got paid.

Simply mail them that you're now the new owner of the domain and you want to put it up in their marketplace but discovered that someone else has listed it previously. that's all.

regards.

Thanks bro.. Let me do that.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by florest(m): 4:29pm On May 02, 2017
florest:
Good morning great people, pls experts help. For almost 3weeks now, I had tried reg. some domains on alpnames which was not successful, saying transaction fail (network problem)Then I took them to GDDY but same thing. After more efforts to pay which failed i let go.
Now, i found another one, but payment issue. I contact alpnames support, (Alex) who asked for Card four last digit (I was reluctant, feel like running down here)he persist, said it is to trace the transaction. and I gave him he said their payments platform detected fraud. I asked him if it has to do with name difference, he said they have no further explanation. He asked if there is other things he can do for me, and I told him having 3 transactions failed is an issue, He then provided me alternative payment method via a link, asked for my email, and government approved photograph send to them ( is this right)?
Above all, i still have to make payment for this one domain pls experts help
pls, answers to this question
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by expertix(m): 8:08pm On May 02, 2017
florest:
Good morning great people, pls experts help. For almost 3weeks now, I had tried reg. some domains on alpnames which was not successful, saying transaction fail (network problem)Then I took them to GDDY but same thing. After more efforts to pay which failed i let go.
Now, i found another one, but payment issue. I contact alpnames support, (Alex) who asked for Card four last digit (I was reluctant, feel like running down here)he persist, said it is to trace the transaction. and I gave him he said their payments platform detected fraud. I asked him if it has to do with name difference, he said they have no further explanation. He asked if there is other things he can do for me, and I told him having 3 transactions failed is an issue, He then provided me alternative payment method via a link, asked for my email, and government approved photograph send to them ( is this right)?
Above all, i still have to make payment for this one domain pls experts help

Which bank card is it? If you are so sure of the ownership of the card; then go to your bank and tell them you were unable to use it online for purchase and there will be solution for you.

But let it be a sound warning, that card fraud punishment can be very fatal and could be another set back for Nigerians, especially domainers.
That is not to say you are using a fake card but just a warning!
Thanks.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 03, 2017
Is buying and selling domains really a profitable business?i keep wondering!
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by florest(m): 3:50pm On May 03, 2017
florest:
pls, answers to this question
sorry o, i have been engaged in other things. Its gtbank master card open for this purpose i remembered gtb sending message of apology for inconvenience during upgrade routine some two days later, and again, i want to ask, do gtb operate on zero account internationally?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by florest(m): 4:11pm On May 03, 2017
expertix:

Which bank card is it? If you are so sure of the ownership of the card; then go to your bank and tell them you were unable to use it online for purchase and there will be solution for you.

But let it be a sound warning, that card fraud punishment can be very fatal and could be another set back for Nigerians, especially domainers.
That is not to say you are using a fake card but just a warning!
Thanks.
the qoute above is meant to answer your question @ expertix, i opened the account for this purpose, nothing else. I was of the opinion that was because i tried reg. from both alpnames and godaddy which will send the domain to their database, and may make purchase difficult. I later learn outside this tread that one should NEVER even try search for domain availability with two registrar. Then the gtb message again, so i don't really know where the problem is from.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by All4good: 4:41pm On May 03, 2017
florest:
the qoute above is meant to answer your question @ expertix, i opened the account for this purpose, nothing else. I was of the opinion that was because i tried reg. from both alpnames and godaddy which will send the domain to their database, and may make purchase difficult. I later learn outside this tread that one should NEVER even try search for domain availability with two registrar. Then the gtb message again, so i don't really know where the problem is from.
You mentioned asking the support staff if the issue was name difference. If there is name difference then certainly that is the problem. Always ensure that the name and address you provide to a website matches those on the credit card you are paying with. While some websites might overlook majority decline transactions once the system spots that.
He was going to do a manual confirmation of the transaction if he was satisfied with the information on your ID card he requested.
You can search name on 10 registrar sites attempt to register in one cancel and go to another one and buy your domain there all within 5mins it doesn't matter. Hope this clears your thoughts.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Engineerfidel(m): 6:14pm On May 03, 2017
Ogah, Iky please i need sales letter for end users my email address is: engineerfidel@gmail.com, Thanks for your response.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by All4good: 6:19pm On May 03, 2017
Carmal90:
Morning, I saw a three letter one word domain, virtually all the extension are taken, the one remaining to be taken is .mobi,, I rush to estibot and it gives $670 as values, with over 1 million exact search per month, pls should I go for this..it is a widely used and known name
Expertise
Iykepromotion
2sexy
Allforgood
Sorry for the late response.
In situations like this I would check current status of the . com version. If it is already in use by an end user with massive traffic and the keyword is popular then maybe I could be interested but if it is advertised for sale I would be wondering how long before the .com is bought and put to use before consideration of sales of its other extensions. Obviously a No No for me.
Like the bosses on this thread have earlier stated try to stay glued to .com extension only.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by florest(m): 7:21pm On May 03, 2017
All4good:

You mentioned asking the support staff if the issue was name difference. If there is name difference then certainly that is the problem. Always ensure that the name and address you provide to a website matches those on the credit card you are paying with. While some websites might overlook majority decline transactions once the system spots that.
He was going to do a manual confirmation of the transaction if he was satisfied with the information on your ID card he requested.
You can search name on 10 registrar sites attempt to register in one cancel and go to another one and buy your domain there all within 5mins it doesn't matter. Hope this clears your thoughts.
well, i am still learning, but, does it mean one can not use alias but your real name? yes, you've clear my thought thanks.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Joshmedia1: 8:19pm On May 03, 2017
Hi
What does swappu rse.com worth?

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Joshmedia1: 8:31pm On May 03, 2017
webpower84:
Selling

Before I talk about types and qualities of domain to go for, let me share my first domain sale experience. It was on the radio, the name then was very popular; Danbaba. A radio man was bearing the name as his nickname. Well I searched for danbaba.com at a domain registrar and it was available. I quickly bought it for $9, put it up for sale and contacted the radio man if he may be interested. I adviced him to use the domain to develop a website for his comedy business, unfortunately he concluded that I want to scam him and that the name belonged to him. I never contacted him again undecided

I went to afternic.com, a domain Marketplace and put the domain at a buy it now price of $550.

I woke up one morning, got an email from afternic that my domain have been sold for the exact price that I put it. Well I first thought that it's a scam but there's the company logo there and a link to follow to complete the transaction. I followed the link and made them know clearly that am a Nigerian living in Nigeria. Everything was finalised within 8 days after I transferred the domain to them and I was paid. It was an amazing experience and since then I no more search for any other way to make money online. More effort is what is required now. And it have been wonderful so far cheesy Now if you have a domain name, no need of approaching a Nigerian for his interest. Just go internationally. There may be interested companies ready to pay high price for that domain.

A domain you sold N50 here may be sold N500 in foreign marketplace and why is it like that? They know the value.
Where can I auction a domain for free?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by lalastivclala: 8:19am On May 04, 2017
Good day Domainers
I just sold icejewellery.com on godaddy for a price of $1945 ......

All thanks 2 my imagination

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Bosville(m): 2:13pm On May 04, 2017
lalastivclala:

Great sale there mate...For how long were you in possession of this name??
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by simba01(m): 2:49pm On May 04, 2017
lalastivclala:
Good day Domainers

I just sold icejewellery.com on godaddy for a price of $1945 ......

Are you for real?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by lalastivclala: 7:10pm On May 04, 2017
Bosville:
Great sale there mate...For how long were you in possession of this name??

Just 4 2 months i contacted end users through
email.....I den directed dem to buy it there
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Bosville(m): 7:32pm On May 04, 2017
lalastivclala:

Just 4 2 months i contacted end users through
email.....I den directed dem to buy it there
Nice one mate...The name itself is a gem...congrats!!!

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by slimjosh43: 8:54pm On May 04, 2017
ewuoso2002:

U need a personalized email to do that.
Without it u can not register
I usually get my info via the homepage. I go to whois to search for the domain and administrative contact, then I type in the website in hunter.io they would hide the middle letters but from the details on the companies site and whois and don't forget to click on the link results provided in hunter. It would help a little.
You can also try jigsaw.
Hope someone finds this helpful

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by slimjosh43: 9:04pm On May 04, 2017
Carmal90:

Thanks...
Six of the extension are fully developed site
.EU and us are listed on sedo for thousands of dollars...
I think I would risk d buying...
That's the spirit. Follow your guts!!!
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Carmal90(m): 9:24pm On May 04, 2017
slimjosh43:

That's the spirit. Follow your guts!!!

Thanks
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Carmal90(m): 9:27pm On May 04, 2017
Between freevaluator and estibot pls which will u rely on..am getting contrary values on same domain on both site
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by golddeejay(m): 9:30pm On May 04, 2017
Carmal90:
Morning, I saw a three letter one word domain, virtually all the extension are taken, the one remaining to be taken is .mobi,, I rush to estibot and it gives $670 as values, with over 1 million exact search per month, pls should I go for this..it is a widely used and known name
Expertise
Iykepromotion
2sexy
AllforAllforgood
.mobi extension is not adviceable...you can speculate on it but I would not unless the 3 letters make sense and matcch with Mobile
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Carmal90(m): 9:41pm On May 04, 2017
golddeejay:
.mobi extension is not adviceable...you can speculate on it but I would not unless the 3 letters make sense and matcch with Mobile

OK..pls if u see any three letter on .mobi
.pls send to me I will register it
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by golddeejay(m): 9:43pm On May 04, 2017
All4good:

Sorry for the late response.
In situations like this I would check current status of the . com version. If it is already in use by an end user with massive traffic and the keyword is popular then maybe I could be interested but if it is advertised for sale I would be wondering how long before the .com is bought and put to use before consideration of sales of its other extensions. Obviously a No No for me.
Like the bosses on this thread have earlier stated try to stay glued to .com extension only.
it is hard to convince a .com website owner to put money on .mobi. Why should he?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Carmal90(m): 9:48pm On May 04, 2017
golddeejay:
it is hard to convince a .com website owner to put money on .mobi. Why should he?

Ok
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by golddeejay(m): 9:55pm On May 04, 2017
Carmal90:

OK..pls if u see any three letter on .mobi
.pls send to me I will register it
3 letters .com are hotcakes... Even .net/.org. U will never find those waiting for you at expired list. But if I saw 3 letter .mobi, I will let you know. U may even find it yourself if you set your filter right.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Carmal90(m): 10:03pm On May 04, 2017
golddeejay:
3 letters .com are hotcakes... Even .net/.org. U will never find those waiting for you at expired list. But if I saw 3 letter .mobi, I will let you know. U may even find it yourself if you set your filter right.

OK I will be willing to buy it..thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (3316) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: Sapiosexuality(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.