Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (794) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3550409 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (791) (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) (797) ... (3314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by slimjosh43: 7:51am On Sep 28, 2019
paulsir:

The contributors on domains there were more of milking the attendees. I was a victim of those brigands then. Also lack of what future will hold,I know someone that owned masculine.com then,but refused to renew due to "lack of money" but it's lack of what the future holds about the name. Africans are generally shortsighted when it's come to future investment.

The dude would be swimming in millions of he had collected loan to renew the name for years.
For every name I sell, I flook at my portfolio to see which names I would love to hold another year then I renew before buying new ones. Though I've not sold any I renewed but who knows.....

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by slimjosh43: 7:52am On Sep 28, 2019
makaecoman:
I can relate to end users offering to pay and cancelling last minute, it can be really frustrating. CONGRATULATIONS!!

Nowadays I cancel the sale on Dan after 48 hours
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by slimjosh43: 7:52am On Sep 28, 2019
NkShallom:
Pls how possible is it to forward a name to a marketplace, and change the nameserver to another Marketplace does it work that way?.
Example: forward domain.com to brandbucket and also changing the nameserver to squadhelp too.
Or forwarding a name to namerific and changing the nameserver to squadhelp.

Not possible ma

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Favour196: 7:53am On Sep 28, 2019
Heyzee5:
Here tonight to report to the Glory of God my first sale in domaining after almost 3 solid years of no results (Joined this thread early 2017). I remember vividly the Saturday morning of the 2019 presidential election, I woke up frustrated and depressed after an end user who initially offered me $100 for a domain name cancelled the transaction stating 'I no longer have the money'. I broke into tears that morning cry......but I determined to never give up no matter how unfair the domaining world seemed to be to me.
So I continued to buy names regardless of the frustration. Then, connectreseller came with their promo.....I bought 15 names with this promo out of which one just sold yesterday (Rosevillemovers//com_$205)
I bless the name of the Lord for this sale as the doors of this bisiness has finally been opened unto me.

I just told this story to encourage somebody out there......never give up, stay there until the gate opens .......life only rewards those who are resilient and can stay. Also don't make the mistake that I made - I never realised on time that domaining is a numbers game; the more domains you have, the more your chances of hitting the jackpot. When you have enough domains (the Strategy) plus the Grace of God, then the sales will come. Came close to closing a few deals last year but every failure added a lesson to my learning curve. sad In the end, I laughed last grin grin grin
Sorry for the epistle.

Motivated by these.....keep it up bro more jackpot sales to you

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by slimjosh43: 7:57am On Sep 28, 2019
So I just struck gold in domaining after 3 years learning it. Got my first $XXXX sale making my first million before 30. Details loading.......
@iykepromotions my 2 tutorials with you no waste o. Coming for another refresher course wen money hit my accant grin grin grin

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IdeasPro(m): 7:58am On Sep 28, 2019
Branduche:
So please, who had the fastest finger first to show rob about the “poll shilling” been posted on nairaland?
The negative comment I saw on namepros about integrity embarassed embarassed cry cry

My Oga, this is always the problem with most Nigerians with all due respect
to my fatherland/motherland. We publicly come to solicit for favours and
votes that skew judgment.

You don't need to solicit for votes in the open. The whites have all the tools
to investigate every online activity. If the name is good enough, you don't
need to beg for votes.

With racial vendetta, the whites will always come at us especially when they feel
we are smarter and more intelligent than them. Now that the issue of 419 is
all over the place, they would want to give all of us bad names in order to hang
us. Be WARY all the time.

For example, some years back when I was just getting a foothold on my online
business, a young guy saw me reading a printed handout on internet business
in the same bus we boarded. He smiled at me and from there a conversation
ensued.

I discovered he was making a killing with Google Adsense through arbitrage.
I hired him for Google Adsense training and I used Mr. Biggs as our meeting
point. It was awesome for me as I started making money online from there too.

I paid him to set up a Google Adsense website for me to diversify to another
niche market. Do you know what he did? He embedded his own Google Adsense
codes in my own website to mix up with mine. I didn't know and he didn't end there.

From time to time, he will go to my website and start clicking on his Adsense adverts
to earn money online. My grouse with the click fraud is that he was already successful
with this online business opportunity. Why cheating?

How did I know? Google finally found out and banned me. When I discovered it I was
heartbroken. From there I vowed not to do anything with Nigerians again. What if I'm
not a Nigerian? I would continue to fume at the mention of the name, abi?

This is how the outside world is taking us now. How I wish the government can do
something about it. Unfortunately, the majority of our leaders are fraud themselves.
A man who will inherit the brother's wife will not profer remedy for his dying brother
even if he has the right medicine or drug.

For instance, PayPal merchant account is very good for information marketers. Our
leaders cannot put things in place so that worldwide electronic gateways can become
available here. It is just pathetic. We'll all succeed in Jesus' name. Amen

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by cyriletifit(m): 7:59am On Sep 28, 2019
sparkle7:

Nonsense if he wanted, he would have rejected the name from the get go but no! He still approved the domain which was submitted to be voted on. So what should we do? Just be starting at the name like that.
Why not decline the name from the onset? There are some peeps who submitted names to him which he rejected so what is the problem here?
If it wins then so be it. They can say all they want. Here it is family first!! Brandable kill them there.

What I hate about Rob display is that, the guy that submitted vetted/name took permission from him to invite us to vote which he accepted. He is now sounding like we are doing something fishy. He even shared this thread on np after his comment. If he didn't want that he shouldn't have permitted it in the first place. I hate such attitude. No be even better money sef.

Let me see his finalists for the next poll. Waiting to see how this will end.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by etin06(m): 8:03am On Sep 28, 2019
sparkle7:

Nonsense if he wanted, he would have rejected the name from the get go but no! He still approved the domain which was submitted to be voted on. So what should we do? Just be starting at the name like that.
Why not decline the name from the onset? There are some peeps who submitted names to him which he rejected so what is the problem here?
If it wins then so be it. They can say all they want. Here it is family first!! Brandable kill them there.

Its suppose to be a voting for the short listed names by Rob himself for the final stage and he agreed also that its not against the rule if your friends vote for you. The annoying part is that there is a guy who is desperate and think $5000 is a huge money in Nigeria if not that I don't want to post I would have showed him my blockchain wallet with over $50,000 worth of BTC and let him know the money he want to die for is change here in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Dank1u(m): 8:14am On Sep 28, 2019
cyriletifit:

What I hate about Rob display is that, the guy that submitted vetted/name took permission from him to invite us to vote which he accepted. He is now sounding like we are doing something fishy. He even shared this thread on np after his comment. If he didn't want that he shouldn't have permitted it in the first place. I hate such attitude. No be even better money sef.

You guys are missing the point. @Rob knows exactly what he was doing. It's marketing strategy. Everything about the poll is to generate publicity for the upcoming project.
He knew the name wasn't good, he pick it for the Nigerian followership. Now everyone knew about the project. It's a win, win situation for him.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IdeasPro(m): 8:18am On Sep 28, 2019
slimjosh43:

For every name I sell, I flook at my portfolio to see which names I would love to hold another year then I renew before buying new ones. Though I've not sold any I renewed but who knows.....
Why not build a website or start a blog on each domain name you renew
so that you can earn money online from them. If you make $100 per website
in a year from one website from Google Adsense and affiliate links it will
cover your expenses for domain renewal fee and website hosting if any.

And you can also put the website for sale. There are too many online
business opportunities we can think of and do.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by NkShallom(f): 8:19am On Sep 28, 2019
cyriletifit:

Someone from this trend forst shared a link of this trend on namepros which isn't making sense. This trend is like our family house where we make private discussions. Those white hv their private domain discussion groups and telegram groups buh you never see them posting the link on namepros.

19 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by slimjosh43: 8:33am On Sep 28, 2019
IdeasPro:

Don't know much about building website and fishing out new information always for now would be tasking. I don't mind learning it though
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by sparkle7: 8:33am On Sep 28, 2019
NkShallom:

Someone from this trend forst shared a link to this trend on namepros which isn't making sense. This trend is like our family house where we make private discussions. Those white hv their private domain discussion groups and telegram groups buh you never see them posting the link on namepros.
I don't understand what are you implying? That he breaking the news of another means to improve online hustle is not worth it?
Did you see the part he mentioned that he was cool with telling your friends about it? Why didn't the whites do same? If they are too lazy to make the publicity then the smarter guy rules.
Anyone is allowed to vote in a free and fair election, how you campaigned is none of our business. The bottom line is who won by the greater margin and that is the winner.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Farouksenior: 8:35am On Sep 28, 2019
Dank1u:

You guys are missing the point. @Rob knows exactly what he was doing. It's marketing strategy. Everything about the poll is to generate publicity for the upcoming project.
He knew the name wasn't good, he pick it for the Nigerian followership. Now everyone knew about the project. It's a win, win situation for him.

Yes but the racism is begining to show up.

The way we are going , we may become 60-70% users of namepros , if not more in next 5 years . Rob has seen it, but others are fixated with runing down vettedname that the racism is now showing . Wth bro .

Wetin be $5k , money wey i don mk b4 i reach 30yrs . Person dey tell me trash.

Haykay made over 2.5milion last yr
Jideofor etc
$5k dts not up to 2million sef. Rubbish!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Ayobamms: 8:41am On Sep 28, 2019
sparkle7:

I don't understand what are you implying? That he breaking the news of another means to improve online hustle is not worth it?
Did you see the part he mentioned that he was cool with telling your friends about it? Why didn't the whites do same? If they are too lazy to make the publicity then the smarter guy rules.
Anyone is allowed to vote in a free and fair election, how you campaigned is none of our business. The bottom line is who won by the greater margin and that is the winner.

The point she was trying to make was that one of our brothers here copied this thread link and shared it on namepros even before the voting stuff started.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Branduche: 8:45am On Sep 28, 2019
My point is
Who shared the nairaland link to rob on the exact page
Where the vote soliciting is
Something is wrong strategically with that fellow that did that.. simple wisdom can’t be found again?
IdeasPro:

My Oga, this is always the problem with most Nigerians with all due respect
to my fatherland/motherland. We publicly come to solicit for favours and
votes that skew judgment.

You don't need to solicit for votes in the open. The whites have all the tools
to investigate every online activity. If the name is good enough, you don't
need to beg for votes.

With racial vendetta, the whites will always come at us especially when they feel
we are smarter and more intelligent than them. Now that the issue of 419 is
all over the place, they would want to give all of us bad names in order to hang
us. Be WARY all the time.

For example, some years back when I was just getting a foothold on my online
business, a young guy saw me reading a printed handout on internet business
in the same bus we boarded. He smiled at me and from there a conversation
ensued.

I discovered he was making a killing with Google Adsense through arbitrage.
I hired him for Google Adsense training and I used Mr. Biggs as our meeting
point. It was awesome for me as I started making money online from there too.

I paid him to set up a Google Adsense website for me to diversify to another
niche market. Do you know what he did? He embedded his own Google Adsense
codes in my own website to mix up with mine. I didn't know and he didn't end there.

From time to time, he will go to my website and start clicking on his Adsense adverts
to earn money online. My grouse with the click fraud is that he was already successful
with this online business opportunity. Why cheating?

How did I know? Google finally found out and banned me. When I discovered it I was
heartbroken. From there I vowed not to do anything with Nigerians again. What if I'm
not a Nigerian? I would continue to fume at the mention of the name, abi?

This is how the outside world is taking us now. How I wish the government can do
something about it. Unfortunately, the majority of our leaders are fraud themselves.
A man who will inherit the brother's wife will not profer remedy for his dying brother
even if he has the right medicine or drug.

For instance, PayPal merchant account is very good for information marketers. Our
leaders cannot put things in place so that worldwide electronic gateways can become
available here. It is just pathetic. We'll all succeed in Jesus' name. Amen

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Dank1u(m): 9:03am On Sep 28, 2019
IdeasPro:

I've sent you a pm. Please respond. I'm so interested in this website building stuff.
The link to your signature has expired.

Thanks
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IdeasPro(m): 9:15am On Sep 28, 2019
Branduche:
My point is
Who shared the nairaland link to rob on the exact page
Where the vote soliciting is
Something is wrong strategically with that fellow that did that.. simple wisdom can’t be found again?

Yes, you're right and correct!

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IdeasPro(m): 9:22am On Sep 28, 2019
Dank1u:

I've sent you a pm. Please respond. I'm so interested in this website building stuff.
The link to your signature has expired.

Thanks

Website building today is not about learning how to code. You don't have
to bother yourself on how to build a website. Self-hosted WordPress blog is free
and it is all the rave now.

Get a domain name, buy web hosting and install WordPress on your domain
name for free with 1-click button. You don't have to pay anyone to do this.
It's as simple as you can imagine.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by kenralph(m): 9:28am On Sep 28, 2019
slimjosh43:
So I just struck gold in domaining after 3 years learning it. Got my first $XXXX sale making my first million before 30. Details loading.......
@iykepromotions my 2 tutorials with you no waste o. Coming for another refresher course wen money hit my accant grin grin grin
Congratulations in advance bro. Don't forget to report the sale.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by damble: 9:44am On Sep 28, 2019
@ IDEASPRO. PLEASE, PUT ME IN MIND
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Dank1u(m): 9:52am On Sep 28, 2019
IdeasPro:

Website building today is not about learning how to code. You don't have
to bother yourself on how to build a website. Self-hosted WordPress blog is free
and it is all the rave now.

Get a domain name, buy web hosting and install WordPress on your domain
name for free with 1-click button. You don't have to pay anyone to do this.
It's as simple as you can imagine.

Information is key. That's why I was trying to contact you.
I've several names that is good. But are yet to sell. My newest is AutoBronx/com.
Please just respond, only 2min of your time to put me through. Or just highlight some of the things in that your thread. Or help with that your book.
I appreciate you trying to help. I've over 40 names by the way. Though less than two months.

Thanks.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Branduche: 9:54am On Sep 28, 2019
Nice
slimjosh43:
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Jayboltz(m): 10:15am On Sep 28, 2019
Good morning all. How can I ask for a domain refund from epik?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by owolabi5: 10:17am On Sep 28, 2019
slimjosh43:

Patience is key.

Congrats bro in advance,

As I patiently await my first sale.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Dank1u(m): 10:24am On Sep 28, 2019
Jayboltz:
Good morning all.
How can I ask for a domain refund from epik?

Live chat
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by slimjosh43: 10:25am On Sep 28, 2019
owolabi5:

Patience is key.

Congrats bro in advance,

As I patiently await my first sale.
Thanks man
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Dreydoe(m): 10:26am On Sep 28, 2019
Simpsonrocket:

You can use estibot to get him/her the domain statistics.
Thanks
Estitbot appraisal wont be good bro .. estitbot wey dey usually price geo domains less dan 100dolls
e no go make sense to use their statistics

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by edeXede: 10:53am On Sep 28, 2019
embarassed

Why I will not like to make this about race, but it obvious we are being dragged into it.

Rob is two faced, he is a business man so nothing to say about that.

But most guys on namepros have no moral justifications to condemn us for voting for vetted names. Rob specifically chose names he felt he might want to buy, but only brought it to public to know our opinion on each of those names.

Lets look at it this way, you go to the market and selected five sneakers you like out of hundred sneakers on display, but due to the fact that you cant possibly afford all five, you asked people around which one of the five you should buy or believe to be the finest. Different people will have different opinions, A might say pick the blue one because blue is my favorite color, B might say pick the black one because it is suitable for all shirt colors. In short, there are always an iota of bias when people are involved in your affairs. No election is ever fair, the most popular contestant always win the election.

There are lot of secret groups on namepros that cannot be easily accessed by regular domainers on namepros, you have to attain some level of achievement in total sales before being granted access. Do you want to tell me members of those group dont have their names on that list, and wont they tell their mates to vote?

They are surprised that a newbie suggested a name and it is generating more votes than theirs, but then it is a poll, an election. It should be expected. It has nothing to do with morality.

And talking about morals, there are times when I won auctions on namepros, only for the owner to tell me they cant honor such agreement because the winning bid is low to their expectations despite being the one who set such auctions,the terms and agreement. Imagine if it was a Nigerian that did that.

Etino6 name might not be the best on the list but he was able to give cogent reason why he thinks his name is the best and I buy that. I voted for it(vettednames) and also voted for nameseal.

There are hardworking and honest Nigerians ,dont let a general stereotype of Nigerians draw us back from confidently struggling it out with other season domainers. What they can do, we can do better.

I always appreciate namepros for giving us that platform but they should also allow us to thrive like other nationals do.

15 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by fergusen: 11:04am On Sep 28, 2019
edeXede:
embarassed

Why I will not like to make this about race, but it obvious we are being dragged into it.

Rob is two faced, he is a business man so nothing to say about that
It's very clear he is...

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Branduche: 11:23am On Sep 28, 2019
He is just diplomatic
Doesn’t want to hurt anyone
fergusen:

It's very clear he is...
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Dank1u(m): 11:23am On Sep 28, 2019
edeXede:
embarassed

Rob is two faced, he is a business man so nothing to say about that.

But most guys on namepros have no moral justifications to condemn us for voting for vetted names. Rob specifically chose names he felt he might want to buy, but only brought it to public to know our opinion on each of those names.

Lets look at it this way, you go to the market and selected five sneakers you like out of hundred sneakers on display, but due to the fact that you cant possibly afford all five, you asked people around which one of the five you should buy or believe to be the finest. Different people will have different opinions, A might say pick the blue one because blue is my favorite color, B might say pick the black one because it is suitable for all shirt colors. In short, there are always an iota of bias when people are involved in your affairs. No election is ever fair, the most popular contestant always win the election.

There are lot of secret groups on namepros that cannot be easily accessed by regular domainers on namepros, you have to attain some level of achievement in total sales before being granted access. Do you want to tell me members of those group dont have their names on that list, and wont they tell their mates to vote?

They are surprised that a newbie suggested a name and it is generating more votes than theirs, but then it is a poll, an election. It should be expected. It has nothing to do with morality.

And talking about morals, there are times when I won auctions on namepros, only for the owner to tell me they cant honor such agreement because the winning bid is low to their expectations despite being the one who set such auctions,the terms and agreement. Imagine if it was a Nigerian that did that.

Etino6 name might not be the best on the list but he was able to give cogent reason why he thinks his name is the best and I buy that. I voted for it(vettednames) and also voted for nameseal.

There are hardworking and honest Nigerians ,dont let a general stereotype of Nigerians draw us back from confidently struggling it out with other season domainers. What they can do, we can do better.

I always appreciate namepros for giving us that platform but they should also allow us to thrive like other nationals do.

I quickly voted for him because I thought it was an election. Of course I want my brother to sell. That was before I read the conversation on that thread.
It wasn't and election. It was an opinion Poll. Please don't get it wrong. I was first to counter that season domainer. That was before I read the thread. It's not certain that Rob will buy any of those names. He's just doing promotion, sampling people's opinions.
And yes, they were some negative comments. But most of us that voted didn't take time to read or follow the thread. The comments on the names is negative but the numbers keep going up. That's always a red flag. If you voted for a name, you should let your opinion count. I felt sad seeing the name holder defending his name. Whereas the other 62 people are no where to be found. It's an opinion Poll you should have let your voice count, not only your vote.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (791) (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) (797) ... (3314) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.