Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges (16261 Views)

List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun / Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches / Bishop Chukwuma: I Didn’t Dare Government Over Closure Of Churches In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by Bollinger(m): 11:54am On Oct 31, 2016
mikolo80:
I could ask you the same. It's funny how you think you're so right, yet so wrong

Really? So thinking that corruption is not Nigeria's biggest problem is right about? OK. Smh.
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by Genesis2000(m): 12:21pm On Oct 31, 2016
adahib:
Nice submission. If the churches can actually agree to pull their resources to solve one or two major problems in this country,it would go a long way in pulling this country out of it's current sad situation.

The church should be more than intercessory prayers for the country. The church should be seen to contribute physically to the growth of the country.

Lol you just made me laugh. That's what they knows how to do best, praying for the country and celebrates independence.
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by femidudu: 2:41pm On Oct 31, 2016
Walphem:
Today's Nigeria economy is really becoming uninteresting and a bit sickening, this has made me ponder so much and left me totally confused. I have asked myself what are the roles of today's believers? Joseph was a man that God used to plan for the raining days of a country and he saved an entire country and his family from Famine. Jesus Christ fed 5000 women, and performed lot of miracles. With these and many more I am totally convinced that the church is fully Empowered to solve the present predicament Nigeria is in.

Please don't get me wrong, I appreciate the efforts of various churches in organizing leadership and empowerment seminars eg Daystar Leadership conference, Convent Centre's -The Platform, RCCG Conventions, Winners' Shiloh, TREM's Kingdom Life Conference etc. However, what the country need from the church at this point is way beyond that.
All through the remaining period of the year, October, November, Decemeber churches will be filled up with Church goers praying to close the year 2016 strongly and start the year 2017 in a much better way! And believe me the church gives so much hope to those with faith and believes! After this Hope, Faith and Believe what more? Empowerment seminars and Leadership trainings? Is that enough? No that isn't enough! We need churches that can use its might to solve particular problem(s) of the country.

I remember few years ago Daystar came up with a project to ensure Nigerians enjoy constant power supply, but we never heard about the campaign anymore. We have also heard of Pastors vying for political positions to assist in solving the national problems, what a fantastic step,however the Bible clearly identify to us not to " yoke with unbelievers".

Then how do I want the church to be a game changer? It is simple, why can't we have one or 2 churches going into mainstream agriculture as part of their missionary work, most of them raise funds for missionary works outside the country with minimal or no ROI(mind you I know it is not meant for profit) , but it is long overdue for the big churches to start venturing in solving real life problems and not "educational" problems alone.

It is worthy to note that great professionals are "church goers" and they can give their services to churches on Pro bono, with this churches can have an industry of their choice for the purpose of solving problems.

The time has come to not only buy Private jets (in dollars and putting pressure on the Forex) importing church equipment in Billions of Naira etc

We can truly show the world "how missionary work can be done" not just by opening schools alone and the graduate of the schools not even having any paid employment.

I have a strong feeling that the church has the right solution to Nigeria's problems.

[b][/b]
Caveat: I am just a concerned Nigerian and a Christian, thread isn't for insults but to discuss how we can get Nigeria out of this mess
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by femidudu: 2:44pm On Oct 31, 2016
[quote author=femidudu post=50654335][/quote]
Churches would also do well to yake it easy with its poor congregations: reduce the various 'thematic ' levies at least until the recession it's over. While the public outcry is for all to cut all excesses, churches too should follow suit
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by mikolo80: 8:34pm On Oct 31, 2016
Bollinger:

Really? So thinking that corruption is not Nigeria's biggest problem is right about? OK. Smh.
if you like shake your head till your neck stiff it will not change human psychology. Easier to apply carrot than stick. Honey will catch more flies than vinegar. If everyone, EVERYONE were ''corrupt '' ojoro will cancel. If everyone went to political meetings and DEMANDED their own share of the cake, there would
1. Very little left to steal and Unattractive to looters
2.force leaders or politicians to find a way to multiply the largesse in order to satisfy hungry mouths.
Easier to bribe 15 million ignorant ppl than 1 million enlightened ones.
But when people like you throw your hands up in resignation waiting for the impossible to happen, no hope
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by Bollinger(m): 12:25am On Nov 01, 2016
mikolo80:
if you like shake your head till your neck stiff it will not change human psychology. Easier to apply carrot than stick. Honey will catch more flies than vinegar. If everyone, EVERYONE were ''corrupt '' ojoro will cancel. If everyone went to political meetings and DEMANDED their own share of the cake, there would
1. Very little left to steal and Unattractive to looters
2.force leaders or politicians to find a way to multiply the largesse in order to satisfy hungry mouths.
Easier to bribe 15 million ignorant ppl than 1 million enlightened ones.
But when people like you throw your hands up in resignation waiting for the impossible to happen, no hope

Your problem is the same problem millions of Nigerian have; Lack of exposure. You don't know and refuse to know, and are therefore doomed to fail by repeating the same avoidable mistakes that has made your country a cesspit. It is like i am trying to educate a 10 year old. You are so used to the rot in Nigeria that you actually now feel comfortable in your psychosis. I keep asking that do you read the things your write before posting them? How is it possible that a "human being" (in quote, because it is very debatable) would have this kind of thought process? What the hell does, "If everyone went to political meetings and DEMANDED their own share of the cake" mean for God's sake? How you people think boggles the mind. Smh.
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by mikolo80: 2:05am On Nov 01, 2016
Bollinger:

Your problem is the same problem millions of Nigerian have; Lack of exposure. You don't know and refuse to know, and are therefore doomed to fail by repeating the same avoidable mistakes that has made your country a cesspit. It is like i am trying to educate a 10 year old. You are so used to the rot in Nigeria that you actually now feel comfortable in your psychosis. I keep asking that do you read the things your write before posting them? How is it possible that a "human being" (in quote, because it is very debatable) would have this kind of thought process? What the hell does, "If everyone went to political meetings and DEMANDED their own share of the cake" mean for God's sake? How you people think boggles the mind. Smh.
if you want to debate you will try and be civil in your next communication, if you insult me one more time, I will forget about superior argument and show you I can give as good as I get and since I have unlimited data I can assure you you will not win.
You that you are not used to the rot, what have you achieved?
I ask you, do you read the posts and comprehend bfor you reply or you've made up your mind to continue what is clearly not working and hasn't worked in 60 years?
Have you researched how countries like ours have been fixed or you're just parroting what you've been fed for years by failures themselves (abi has any of them solved any problem with all their theories) ?
What do you mean by ''you people ''
There are no people like me o.
Everybody else thinks like you, conventionally.
Conventional has, is, will never work.
We need som'n that does.
If everyone goes for. Their share of national allocation whether it be in cash or in infrastructure or services, there will be very little chance to steal. But if you all sit at home, then those who need the money more than you will go and claim it and all you can do is grumble.
Or do you think anything is gotten in the West without a fight or a struggle, you think it happens automatically cos you desire it.
No my friend, you have to work on it. Every single day, non stop
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by Bollinger(m): 2:46am On Nov 01, 2016
mikolo80:
if you want to debate you will try and be civil in your next communication, if you insult me one more time, I will forget about superior argument and show you I can give as good as I get and since I have unlimited data I can assure you you will not win.
You that you are not used to the rot, what have you achieved?
I ask you, do you read the posts and comprehend bfor you reply or you've made up your mind to continue what is clearly not working and hasn't worked in 60 years?
Have you researched how countries like ours have been fixed or you're just parroting what you've been fed for years by failures themselves (abi has any of them solved any problem with all their theories) ?
What do you mean by ''you people ''
There are no people like me o.
Everybody else thinks like you, conventionally.
Conventional has, is, will never work.
We need som'n that does.
If everyone goes for. Their share of national allocation whether it be in cash or in infrastructure or services, there will be very little chance to steal. But if you all sit at home, then those who need the money more than you will go and claim it and all you can do is grumble.
Or do you think anything is gotten in the West without a fight or a struggle, you think it happens automatically cos you desire it.
No my friend, you have to work on it. Every single day, non stop

Superior argument does not work with you. I have tried to school you on how to think but to no avail. When dealing with cave men, a cave man approach must be undertaken. What do i have to say to someone who uses "share of allocation" and "national cake" in their argument? In 2016 fa. He is trying to equate the struggles in normal countries to the crap Nigeria is doing. Lol. When they were struggling, it wasn't to "share the national cake" or "allocations". The struggle was about freedom and basic human rights. That i have to explain this again buttresses my point. I am just wasting my time. God help una. Smh.
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by mikolo80: 3:07am On Nov 01, 2016
Bollinger:

Superior argument does not work with you. I have tried to school you on how to think but to no avail. When dealing with cave men, believe it or not (I take this as a compliment) [/b]a cave man approach must be undertaken. [b] even cave men don't like to be insulted [/b]What do i have to say to someone who uses "[b]share of allocation" and "national cake" in their argument? what else is it if not our share of roads, hospitals, security, schools, etc abi only for some people to be buying house in Dubai? [/b]In 2016 fa. [b] guy allocation is allocation the world over no matter the century
[/b]He is trying to equate the struggles in normal countries to the crap Nigeria is doing. [b] what's the difference? Are you not watching gay people as well as gun for and against ppl fighting daily for their beliefs [/b]Lol. When they were struggling, it wasn't to "share the national cake" or "allocations". The struggle was about freedom and basic human rights.[b] freedom from what. Which mumu right? Rights they refuse to defend.
That i have to explain this again buttresses my point. I am just wasting my time. God help una. Smh.
you don't have to explain. I know what you are saying. I just thought you were willing to expand your mind, but I guess you're happy with lamenting. So sad. And you're supposed to be the leaders of today.
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by Bollinger(m): 3:15am On Nov 01, 2016
mikolo80:
you don't have to explain. I know what you are saying. I just thought you were willing to expand your mind, but I guess you're happy with lamenting. So sad. And you're supposed to be the leaders of today.

God forbid. Tomorrow ke. I am a leader now. I train and groom leaders. That is my job, believe it or not. That's how i know you guys are phucked. You have no clue what leadership entails, hence the reason you all have not found one in over half a century. I really pity you.
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by mikolo80: 3:21am On Nov 01, 2016
Bollinger:

God forbid. Tomorrow ke. I am a leader now. I train and groom leaders. That is my job, believe it or not. That's how i know you guys are phucked. You have no clue what leadership entails, hence the reason you all have not found one in over half a century. I really pity you.
you keep calling us you like say you no follow get green passport. You funny. What has your leadership achieved.does it entail degrading your 'followers'' ?
Some leader you are?
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by Bollinger(m): 3:35am On Nov 01, 2016
mikolo80:
you keep calling us you like say you no follow get green passport. You funny. What has your leadership achieved.does it entail degrading your 'followers'' ?
Some leader you are?

Green passport? Something wey i don burn since 1990. I come here because i feel pity for you guys and at the same time make fun of the mentally challenged ones. You will be surprised what my leadership has achieved. You cannot even imagine it. Believe me. If you had an iota of it, you life will never be the same again. I promise you.
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by mikolo80: 3:43am On Nov 01, 2016
Bollinger:

Green passport? Something wey i don burn since 1990. I come here because i feel pity for you guys and at the same time make fun of the mentally challenged ones. You will be surprised what my leadership has achieved. You cannot even imagine it. Believe me. If you had an iota of it, you life will never be the same again. I promise you.
so why you come de drink panadol for ''our '' headache?
Talk d leadership na or forever hold your peace.
Leadership and yet naija still de foolish like dis. No be only leader na Leda.
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by Bollinger(m): 3:49am On Nov 01, 2016
mikolo80:
so why you come de drink panadol for ''our '' headache?
Talk d leadership na or forever hold your peace.
Leadership and yet naija still de foolish like dis. No be only leader na Leda.

I come here because i feel pity for you guys and at the same time make fun of the mentally challenged ones like you.
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by mikolo80: 3:55am On Nov 01, 2016
Bollinger:

I come here because i feel pity for you guys and at the same time make fun of the mentally challenged ones like you.
your bastard fada is mentally challenged
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by Bollinger(m): 3:55am On Nov 01, 2016
mikolo80:
your bastard fada is mentally challenged

Still doesn't change the fact that you are mentally challenged.
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by mikolo80: 4:01am On Nov 01, 2016
Bollinger:

Still doesn't change the fact that you are mentally challenged.
like your fada abi
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by Bollinger(m): 4:33am On Nov 01, 2016
mikolo80:
like your fada abi

Again, it doesn't change the fact that you are.
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by mikolo80: 6:05pm On Nov 01, 2016
Bollinger:

Again, it doesn't change the fact that you are.
like your dad is
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by akaGod2013: 10:14pm On Nov 01, 2016
Good write up bro. My concerns exactly. For a long time now i have borne this same burden of finding solution to how the church should impact positively on our society, just like the first christians did, Acts 2: 40-42. First and foremost who is the church but you and i who profess Jesus Christ as Lord and saviour. Ok!, so i got an inspiration, once or twice i have even posted my idea on this forum, but nobody (at least christians) responded. My idea is simple, form a community of christians (which i have already) willing and ready to start that revolution of gathering and sharing...'as all had need...' stop accussing pasdtors, even us members, what are we doing? Are you willing? Or you think God dey look only pastor face?

1 Like

Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by Bollinger(m): 2:13am On Nov 02, 2016
mikolo80:
like your dad is
It doesn't change what you are.
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by mikolo80: 3:53pm On Nov 02, 2016
Bollinger:

It doesn't change what you are.
like your dad is
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by Bollinger(m): 5:16pm On Nov 02, 2016
mikolo80:
like your dad is

Lol..like anything You say about my dad affects how reta.rded you are. My dad is retired and sipping brandy in the Bahamas as we speak. wink. Unlike your good for nothing Father who is probably still pushing a cart for a living. Lol...smh.
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by mikolo80: 5:20pm On Nov 02, 2016
Bollinger:

Lol..like anything You say about my dad affects how reta.rded you are. My dad is retired and sipping brandy in the Bahamas as we speak. wink. Unlike your good for nothing Father who is probably still pushing a cart for a living. Lol...smh.
my dad is fighting to make Nigeria a better place. You and your cowardly economic refugee dad better enjoy your stolen wealth for as long as possible. Cos soon we will hunt you all down and make you pay for your crimes against our nation
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by Bollinger(m): 5:35pm On Nov 02, 2016
mikolo80:
my dad is fighting to make Nigeria a better place. You and your cowardly economic refugee dad better enjoy your stolen wealth for as long as possible. Cos soon we will hunt you all down and make you pay for your crimes against our nation

Lol...he said his dad is fighting to make Nigeria great. Lol. Like pushing carts will help anyone. Smh. grin
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by mikolo80: 5:39pm On Nov 02, 2016
Bollinger:

Lol...he said his dad is fighting to make Nigeria great. Lol. Like pushing carts will help anyone. Smh. grin
still better than a coward and a thief. Doubt your dad can look into my dads face.
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by Bollinger(m): 5:41pm On Nov 02, 2016
mikolo80:

Lol...he said his father is fighting to make Nigeria great. By waiting for shares allocation. What a ret.ard. smh.
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by Bollinger(m): 5:44pm On Nov 02, 2016
mikolo80:
still better than a coward and a thief. Doubt your dad can look into my dads face.

My dad is a retired SGT major in the united States army. I am a senior non commission officer in the said army. So let's not even go there talking about courage. We eat people like you for breakfast. Phucking m.oron. Smh.

Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by oneolajire(m): 2:43pm On Nov 03, 2016
Walphem:

Great piece...our minds reasoned along the same line
...how can we push this? I really don't want us to just "rant" in the internet...but to forge and solve this persistent issue in the country

I have sent the stuff to various national daily like Punch, Vanguard, Guardian etc, but they've all refused to publish it
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by mikolo80: 5:23pm On Nov 03, 2016
Bollinger:

My dad is a retired SGT major in the united States army. I am a senior non commission officer in the said army. So let's not even go there talking about courage. We eat people like you for breakfast. Phucking m.oron. Smh.
Hahaha
My dad is a retired major in the NIGERIAN ARMY
WENT to jail for his belief in doing the right thing
My brother is a flying officer in the airforce
The only reason I'm not a squadron leader is camp I called the Armed Forces bluff and lost out.
You my friend know nothin of courage.
Can you risk your 401 k to tell your superior to go to hell
I did
I'm still here
You are nothin but a cowardly mercenary that will prolly shit his pants in the face of fire
You think we launch airstrikes against Boko Haram in Nigeria and fight from a distance?
No son, we get up close on a first name basis with death and either come back with our piles of on them.
Haha sgt major loun loun
That's all you're good for, cannon fodder
Mtsch I even thought you're something tangible.
I was sha wondering when you were talking about leadership, yeah leadership in slavery to another man's army for green card abi na citizenship.
You are no more a leader than a girls guide troop leader.
You bloody civilian talking about leadership, SMH just SMH
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by mikolo80: 5:25pm On Nov 03, 2016
Bollinger:

Lol...he said his father is fighting to make Nigeria great. By waiting for shares allocation. What a ret.ard. smh.
your dad ran away to another country when he failed in Nigeria
Re: The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges by mikolo80: 5:26pm On Nov 03, 2016
Bollinger:

your dad ran away to another country when he failed in Nigeria
You ran from a fight to where they are sharing welfare so what is your point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? / Warning! The Trumpet Is Fixing To Sound. JESUS Is Coming! / If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.