Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977298 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 5:14pm On Jan 31, 2017
mumzt:

Contrary to what pple are saying. You can actually apply for international drivers license online n ud get it in d post within a week. Tried and tested!

I think @firstymum used it too if I'm not mixing it up

Great info! Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 5:16pm On Jan 31, 2017
cool
QUEENBIZ:
Good day my wonderful people. I have been a silent reader of this thread and I must say I've really learnt a lot from reading various post on this thread now I need your sincere assistance.
I was issued 2yrs medical visa for birthing purpose in 2015 which I successfully use and paid all my bills. My DH applied while I was in the state to join me for assistance cos I had CS but was refused. I came back after processing all my baby documents and used the visa again January,2016 for baby follow up medical appointment with his dr after a scrotal scan was done on him when I noticed a swollen scrotum and as well paid all bills. Now I intend to use the same visa for my second baby as I will be due by April and visa will expire by August and we decide that hubby should apply again December 2016 so he can join me later ard my due date so assist with our first child and his application was again refused despite showing the vo all the previous bill receipt. He re-applied within a month interval (Jan 2017) and was refused again but this time he was told not to put me on plane that my visa has been revoked. I tried to mail the embassy to mail the embassy to find out about the cancellation but the response I got does not explain whether the visa was cancelled or not and I don't know what to do next. Though I already scheduled an appointment for mid February to visit the embassy for detailed explanation and new application but I a lil bit confused. Don't know if that's the next thing to do. Kindly help a sister out.

You need to contact finegirlna. She was once in your shoes
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 5:17pm On Jan 31, 2017
Ozy1:
People oo. Pls who has written change of intent yo embassy lately. We wrote on monday got a reply from the lagos embassy. Omo it was harsh oooo.

Lolz! Lagos is always harsh. I don't know if it has become harsher! Can you copy and paste here?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 5:20pm On Jan 31, 2017
Hebrewmama:
Hello House.

Thanks to every one that has contributed on this thread it has been helpful. I am have been a silent reader for a while and an April mum.

I will appreciate if any Atlanta mum can put me through affordable Atlanta hospitals also is it okay to use a birthing center?

I look forward to your suggestions.
I

I'm usually very sacarstic but this time, I'm not kidding.

Run from birthing centre. The women I know that used birthing center have had problems renewing visa. They were all called for interview at different times and were denied as soon as they produced birthing center receipts.
And this was at Lagos and Abuja
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 5:24pm On Jan 31, 2017
thermolady:
Greetings to all in the house: 1st (Saturday)! God bless Mr. Usman for prompt & free assistance to me.
vi. The Elpaso landlord (who had been m]. I give God all the glory.

I had goosebumps al over... 22 years! Wowz!!! God bless you ad your baby real good.

Another missionary loading. This time ibeji. God bless you!!!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 5:33pm On Jan 31, 2017
Perhaps it may be frustrating for the older members here to respond to people when some of these questions have been answered over and over again, but i think a little bit of reading would help one sort out one's issues.

I started reading the thread in September 2016 when a friend sent me the link. initially, i was lazy but later in november it became bread and butter, even DW got tired of me cos i spent most part of the evening reading the thread because it was important to me. I dint sign up until DW got the visa last week cos i read like 1/3 of part 1, some in part 2,3 and 4 and follow part 5 from day one and people's comments were enough to guide me.

The moral of the story, if this mission is truly important to you, then you should create the time to get these infos yourself and ask for clarification when you dont understand.

try reading Part 1 from page 100 (if you cant start afresh cos that part has alot of info), Part 4 and start part 5 from start, it should help

sexymj:
If you cant help with info, u dont have to reply. U read my post and only picked on asap.
Ppl dt dnt have anything to offer are the ones that would comment.

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by idonhear: 5:35pm On Jan 31, 2017

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 31, 2017
QUEENBIZ:

Here is the response:
Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you want to know the reason why your visa has been revoked.
We are unable to provide you with advice on this matter. We recommend you review the U.S. Customs and Border Protection page on visiting the U.S. while pregnant and the risk involved.

(https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/882/~/visit-the-u.s.-while-pregnant-and-the-risks-involved).

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/T3P3RXJ to share feedback on the services we provide.

Have a pleasant day!

Regards,
U.S. Visa Service Desk. How were u able to resolve the issue ma'am?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Posh404: 5:37pm On Jan 31, 2017
Thanks to everyone that chook mouth in my licence and car rental palava......I really appreciate it. I'll check the site provided. Though I google it yesterday and the prices were not friendly $500/month.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sexymj(f): 5:42pm On Jan 31, 2017
Thank you for responding.
I have read through the thread but saw only 1 hospital for new jersey. I have searched by typing new jersey birth as well.

freshdad:
Perhaps it may be frustrating for the older members here to respond to people when some of these questions have been answered over and over again, but i think a little bit of reading would help one sort out one's issues.

I started reading the thread in September 2016 when a friend sent me the link. initially, i was lazy but later in november it became bread and butter, even DW got tired of me cos i spent most part of the evening reading the thread because it was important to me. I dint sign up until DW got the visa last week cos i read like 1/3 of part 1, some in part 2,3 and 4 and follow part 5 from day one and people's comments were enough to guide me.

The moral of the story, if this mission is truly important to you, then you should create the time to get these infos yourself and ask for clarification when you dont understand.

try reading Part 1 from page 100 (if you cant start afresh cos that part has alot of info), Part 4 and start part 5 from start, it should help

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sexymj(f): 5:43pm On Jan 31, 2017
Whatever!
Arrogance bcuz u cnt tell the difference btw urgency and rudeness??

Whatever rocks ur boat...

nefertitiram:

Your post reeks of arrogance. And I do have the info you need... But hey, I don't have to reply. e the person below me will respond asap
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 5:53pm On Jan 31, 2017
thermolady:
Greetings to all in the house: 1st ‘missionary’ journey successfully concluded mainly thanks to advice & tips from this Forum.

For me, it’s been one favour or miracle after the other.
1st, my Godsent, confident Elpaso obgyn allowed me to have a vagi/normal delivery despite my quite advanced age & high risk, precious nature of pregnancy. Was successfully induced at 40 weeks.

So finally my e-brethren, I’m very glad to be back home to our dear Naija despite the heat, encountered primitiveness & NEPA. [there is no place like home grin]. What matters is that after a safe delivery, I am now a mother at last after more than 22 years of marriage.[still ttcing sisters, pls. hold on to ur dream]. I give God all the glory.

Congratulations. I'm so so exited on your behalf. I had been looking out for your testimony for a while now. Your testimony confirms that we serve a living God
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Flowers: 6:13pm On Jan 31, 2017
thermolady:
I am now a mother at last after more than 22 years of marriage.[still ttcing sisters, pls. hold on to ur dream]. I give God all the glory.

Congratulations. God be praised for your bundle of joy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 6:31pm On Jan 31, 2017
sexymj:
Whatever!

The time you used to continue being rude, you would have used to ask nicely.

Goodluck with your urgent search.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Posh404: 6:32pm On Jan 31, 2017
Glory to God for a successful journey. Your joy will be permanent ma'am .

Our old mama's and papas in the house, you guys are our Tisha o.....if we kept repeating same questions like a broken record, kindly answer us with love.

Kudos to everyone that takes time to advice and attend to newbies, we love u...God bless you all

quote author=thermolady post=53295634]Greetings to all in the house: 1st ‘missionary’ journey successfully concluded mainly thanks to advice & tips from this Forum.

For me, it’s been one favour or miracle after the other.
1st, my Godsent, confident Elpaso obgyn allowed me to have a vagi/normal delivery despite my quite advanced age & high risk, precious nature of pregnancy. Was successfully induced at 40 weeks.
ii. this normally superbusy doctor patiently stayed with me for over an hour in very final stage of labour, encouraging me to push despite 2 doses of oxygen & my worry that it might end in C-Section.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by cfcchick: 6:46pm On Jan 31, 2017
sexymj:
Whatever!

girl! !!!!!! U are so rude!!!!!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mumakinzo: 7:00pm On Jan 31, 2017
Hebrewmama:
Hello House.

Thanks to every one that has contributed on this thread it has been helpful. I am have been a silent reader for a while and an April mum.

I will appreciate if any Atlanta mum can put me through affordable Atlanta hospitals also is it okay to use a birthing center?

I look forward to your suggestions.

I am presently on atl to birth my baby, I am using Emory midtown n Dr Tate.if u pay two weeks before ur delivery u get to pay 3900 USD, its called a pre payment plan....Dr tate charges 1500

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mamachlozo: 8:11pm On Jan 31, 2017
nefertitiram:

How much is oakbend now sef? Did they increase too?
It's 2500. It was 2300 last year
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 8:35pm On Jan 31, 2017
QUEENBIZ:

Thanks for your response...The appointment I booked was for visa renewal and not for clarification which I can still cancel if it is not necessary or what do you think? I was even qualified for Dropbox but I chose interview instead in case there's need for any explanation.
Anyway u can try your luck and travel,then lets see how it goes. The mail u sent to them makes me think otherwise. Its just dicey,because when the same thing happened to a sister here,she didnt call or mail the embassy and she didnt book for appointment too,since her visa was still valid,she was advised here to travel immediately,.which she did and her journey was successful till the end. So for me i think u can give it a try,back it up with prayer and God will do the rest for U. U should have jejely travel alone and give birth to your baby without all these "my husband will join me" later things, U did the first alone,u should have done the second alone too,to avoid all these kind of problems. I have never been to the US for the first time but my wife has been travelling to the USA since 2014 with my kids,but i have never been there,Am not interested until she finishes all her missionary journey. I might apply now,they might think we are running away and problem comes with her own visa,these VO's are just unpredictable.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 9:01pm On Jan 31, 2017
Congratulations thermolady, our God is still in d biz of working miracles.

Sexymj, u culd ve rephrased that ur post in a courteous manner. I talked abt dis type of ur request y'day. Look out for TripleKmama, i think she was in New Jersey.

Queenbiz, buy ur ticket and run to d airport asap if u can afford it and be prayerful. See Finegirlna for further advice. I cant opened the cbp link u posted.

Nerf, more grease to ur elbow. She remains one of d veterans of dis thread who still helps out wen called upon.

Ladee1, pls wen u find dat $5k all in all hosp, doc & all, pls share on dis thread o

Idonhear, congrats.

Pls pls pls, let us all share our experiences, transcripts, challenges and solutions on this thread, this is wat makes d thread what it is today. I am saying this because i observed dat some of those who pm me, wen i checked their history on NL u wuld see nxt to nothing abt their previous mj or poe/visa transcript. pls help us, na beg i dey beg

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by KaptainAfrika: 9:26pm On Jan 31, 2017
1. What did you tell the CBP officer when you took your first child for the scrotum scan?

2. Has your husband ever applied for a US Visa before marrying you?

3. Did you use medicaid or medicare because your child is a US Citizen on your second trip?

4. I advise you to get letters of non-indebtedness from the hospitals you used.

QUEENBIZ:
Good day my wonderful people. I have been a silent reader of this thread and I must say I've really learnt a lot from reading various post on this thread now I need your sincere assistance.
I was issued 2yrs medical visa for birthing purpose in 2015 which I successfully use and paid all my bills. My DH applied while I was in the state to join me for assistance cos I had CS but was refused. I came back after processing all my baby documents and used the visa again January,2016 for baby follow up medical appointment with his dr after a scrotal scan was done on him when I noticed a swollen scrotum and as well paid all bills. Now I intend to use the same visa for my second baby as I will be due by April and visa will expire by August and we decide that hubby should apply again December 2016 so he can join me later ard my due date so assist with our first child and his application was again refused despite showing the vo all the previous bill receipt. He re-applied within a month interval (Jan 2017) and was refused again but this time he was told not to put me on plane that my visa has been revoked. I tried to mail the embassy to mail the embassy to find out about the cancellation but the response I got does not explain whether the visa was cancelled or not and I don't know what to do next. Though I already scheduled an appointment for mid February to visit the embassy for detailed explanation and new application but I a lil bit confused. Don't know if that's the next thing to do. Kindly help a sister out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by QUEENBIZ: 9:36pm On Jan 31, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
1. What did you tell the CBP officer when you took your first child for the scrotum scan?

3. Did you use medicaid or medicare because your child is a US Citizen on your second trip?

1. I told the cbp that I was bringing my baby in for follow up medical appointment and explained in details what happened to him.
2. He has never applied before marriage
3. I paid all my bills on the second trip
4. I already have that with me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sexymj(f): 9:39pm On Jan 31, 2017
Ok

[quote author=cfcchick post=53301790][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 31, 2017
KaptainAfrika:

a
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Hebrewmama: 10:25pm On Jan 31, 2017
Thank you for the heads up, it would have been an affordable option but felt too good to be true....
I guess I have to keep searching for affordable hospitals in Atlanta

nefertitiram:

I'm usually very sacarstic but this time, I'm not kidding.

Run from birthing centre. The women I know that used birthing center have had problems renewing visa. They were all called for interview at different times and were denied as soon as they produced birthing center receipts.
And this was at Lagos and Abuja
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by QUEENBIZ: 10:47pm On Jan 31, 2017
finegirlna:

Contacting them is the first problem here,you shudnt have. Have u been given a date already for ur interview? My dear d best u can do is even leave like tomoro before things get worse.i left 3 days after d msg was given to my hubby so the earlier the better for u.u shud just pray to pass the airport in Nigeria cus that's where the swiping of ur passport will start. If it works den ur luck u face Poe,but just knw ur case has been opened already at d embassy.its best one waits and enters before hubby applies if they Dnt get d visa d same day.u shudnt have even waited till now before posting this,u shud have asked questions immediately bcs no time after the embassy waits for u or u keep mailing they will block ur visa.
Thanks for your response...which airline and Poe did you use?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 31, 2017
[quote author=QUEENBIZ post=53308283]
Thanks for your response...which airline and Poe did you use?[/quotturkish
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by QUEENBIZ: 11:22pm On Jan 31, 2017
finegirlna:

Delta airline and Atlanta.

Alright ma'am... thanks for your response. God bless you plenty
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Sparks12: 11:45pm On Jan 31, 2017
Please I went to pick up my baby's birth certificate and discovered they misspelt my husband's name. I called the vitals records office and they said it takes abt 6-8weeks for the correction to be effected. Please has anyone experienced anything like this? What do I do? I am in atl
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ozy1: 11:47pm On Jan 31, 2017
Hello mams. Has anyone gone thorough Abu dahbi preclearance before? If yes please what am I to expect?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by phunmie306: 4:00am On Feb 01, 2017
Hi sexymj, if i were you i will apologise to neferitiram and the house cause those are the people that give valid response and helpful suggestions and all. As you don give this kind reply, even the few learners that know little will not want to help with your tone of reply.

sexymjIf you cant help with info, u dont have to reply. U read my post and only picked on asap.
Ppl dt dnt have anything to offer are the ones that would comment.

[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.