Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (978432 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by herrik066: 8:49am On Mar 07, 2017
Best approach: Get someone to walk into their Office on the Island in Lagos and make payment. Cost is most time less than 10% of your return ticket cost.

Required: Your name, baby's name, your return flight itinerary including your flight ref number.

fatima04:
Please anyone has experience with adding babys ticket with ethiopian airline so as to know how to go about it with money and the customer careline. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by gurlnext2u: 10:47am On Mar 07, 2017
Please tell your sister to use the visa for its purpose "Vacation" as stated during the interview.
After that, she can use it for birthing.
In the event that she is unable to use the visa and it expires, she will not have an issue renewing it in the future. Please do the right thing.
Harisbabe:
I knw d intent letter is no longer relevant but still want to clarify best way out of dis situation.
My sis got her visa in 2014 while schooling in uk and single but was not able to use it before she left uk and wen she came back in 2015, there was no time to go due to settleing back @ work.
She got married, is pregnant nd d visa will expire dis august. She is due in july.

1. Can she use it for birthing? Considering she was not pregnant wen she got it

2. Or just do visiting cos she tinks not even usin it at all can jeopardise d renewal.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ashedzi: 10:56am On Mar 07, 2017
[quote author=Wakemeup post=54318538]Run away from birth centres! Run as fast as your legs can carry you. Will come back with my transcript on a birth center i ended up not using in 2013! Save some money and deliver in the hospital ! Save yourself the stress and pain! It might be cheaper but at the long run it will become more complicated (making the bills more expensive ). Stay away from birth centre!

Sti waiting for the complete story, we are all learning
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ashedzi: 1:29pm On Mar 07, 2017
There's so much Tension here . Let's not derail the thread pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 1:54pm On Mar 07, 2017
Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5

Enough of this derailing.

Lets refocus on the topic of this thread.

Please no more.

Thank you.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by titileps: 2:00pm On Mar 07, 2017
Good day everyone. With regards to the statement released by SSA to the president on Foreign affairs, please if you travelled in the last one week or intend travelling soon, kindly share your POE experience. We all should share our experiences to help others. I will share mine in April by God's grace. We can never get enough of it. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by bbaby84(f): 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2017
Nah wa o! This thread! Nah real wa!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Posh404: 3:17pm On Mar 07, 2017
Some people have been talking about Atlanta recently. Use the search button and narrow down to travel section. Some hospital here are Emory, Eastside, gwinnet, Northside etc.....google them and u will see numbers to call.

[qauote author=Amylen post=54338673]Hi, good evening everyone. Please does anyone know of any good and affordable hospital and dr in Atlanta for child birth?
Thanks please[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 3:51pm On Mar 07, 2017
titileps:
Good day everyone. With regards to the statement released by SSA to the president on Foreign affairs, please if you travelled in the last one week or intend travelling soon, kindly share your POE experience. We all should share our experiences to help others. I will share mine in April by God's grace. We can never get enough of it. Thank you

If you're a genuine traveler, you have nothing to worry about. Trump cannot stop you at the port of entry. Enjoy your stay in America.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chicagobound: 3:52pm On Mar 07, 2017
nefertitiram:

Heyyyy! See my personal person! Hafa na! Nice you see you drop by
I dey bam my sister, trust the family is doing great.

Wow peeps, please it's ok ooo, it's tough for some of us who have to read sooo many pages before catching up to have to read all these yabs upandan. It's ok please. If for any reason you still have the urge to quarrel, please quickly round up before I start another missionary journey mbok. Can't imagine being pregnant and reading plenty plenty quarell. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by titileps: 4:08pm On Mar 07, 2017
Lol @ genuine traveller. What else will I be doing in US if not childbirth. US ain't heaven na. Thank you though

TWoods:

If you're a genuine traveler, you have nothing to worry about. Trump cannot stop you at the port of entry. Enjoy your stay in America.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shawlar(m): 4:24pm On Mar 07, 2017
firsttymum:
wait u r back kikikikikikikikiki

Yes oo... I'm back.
As you don do two, i said I should follow in your footsteps... grin grin
How are the lil ones?? Much love
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by modath(f): 4:29pm On Mar 07, 2017
chicagobound:

I dey bam my sister, trust the family is doing great.

Wow peeps, please it's ok ooo, it's tough for some of us who have to read sooo many pages before catching up to have to read all these yabs upandan. It's ok please. If for any reason you still have the urge to quarrel, please quickly round up before I start another missionary journey mbok. Can't imagine being pregnant and reading plenty plenty quarell. embarassed

Bwaaahhhhaaahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy

Make dem nor send you into panic labour..

Longest time, how ya doing? Obama baby? Take care.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shawlar(m): 4:41pm On Mar 07, 2017
titileps:

If you read that statement very well, you'll see where she said that the advisory became necessary because about 4 or 5 Nigerians were refused entry into the US in the last 2weeks. I was like just 5..... , That is a normal number. Instead of issuing such advisory because of five people, she should have investigated and found out why those 5 were turned back as against the hundreds (if not thousands) that were granted entry in the same time frame.

Do not allow the statement to alarm/scare you in anyway. Carry on with your plans and make sure you do the right thing always.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mimimum: 4:55pm On Mar 07, 2017
The statement was too general a statement sef. There were no reasons given for the refusal of entry. What if those people abused the conditions of their visa? No need to fear, if you have your stories straight and your intentions are genuine, they can only try. Even if one overzealous officer refuses you entry, there is nothing we can do about it. Aunty Abike should stop scaring us biko.

shawlar:

If you read that statement very well, you'll see where she said that the advisory became necessary because about 4 or 5 Nigerians were refused entry into the US in the last 2weeks. I was like just 5..... , That is a normal number. Instead of issuing such advisory because of five people, she should have investigated and found out why those 5 were turned back as against the hundreds (if not thousands) that were granted entry in the same time frame.

Do not allow the statement to alarm/scare you in anyway. Carry on with your plans and make sure you do the right thing always.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by vamum: 6:21pm On Mar 07, 2017
nefertitiram:
I swear I don't even understand this argument anymore with all the English being thrown back and forth. You have turned this thread to debating society, even if you want to quarrel, use English we mere mortals understand so that we can enjoy the show.

Right now I'm just lost

As in? I feel like @Justwise should help open another thread to continue the argument. Who is being helped with all this back and forth? Folks answer questions without jabbing at the person, attacking or adding sarcasm. Tell them the truth, and we will all support. What I don't support is all the derogatory comments, responses. As a human being you even end up not listening to the advice when insults are added. Let's not encourage derogatory comments on this group. Ii agree that in most cases the people telling the truth are right, but you can correct without insults. Do we all correct our family members (wives, husbands, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters) with insults? Probably not you tell them the truth, don't sugar coat it but DON'T Insult, add sarcasm, infer anything or leave anything up to interpretation.
Not every Nigerian is a Liar, some really don't know that's why they come here. Remember if we generalise on ALL Nigerians that means you are also referring to YOURSELF because last time I checked we are all Nigerian's 1st even though we have Naturalized, Immigrated to other countries and have other affiliations. Let's not promote/encourage responses with ANGER, HATE, SARCASM, CONTEMPT, RELIGION BASED. Leave your personal issues/beliefs out of responses here and answer people based on the circumstances. If possible assume everyone has positive intent and leave those untruthful people hiding under the "I didn't know" syndrome to their fate.

21 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fyorgyn: 6:38pm On Mar 07, 2017
ojceskills:
Hello..Are your parents literate?? if yes then pick the option that they filled themselves because they would have been able to anyway..you just helped with the manual labor( I hope they reviewed your inputs though) but if they are not literate then you have to fill in your name as the person who filled the form on their behalf....

Hmm. My mum is very literate but I filled the form for her and indicated as such. She still went through it of course but the TRUTH is she did NOT fill it herself

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 6:45pm On Mar 07, 2017
Please I want to ask...

A family wants to go on holiday and the mum is pregnant. They have decided to use Doctores para ti but they want to holiday in New York, then the mum will go to el paso and await the baby..
Now when filling the form, will the kids and dad fill the NY holiday plans and mum fills el paso?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MsDenise: 6:55pm On Mar 07, 2017
Shouldn't Madam Abike focus on how to advice the Govt to contact the US Ambassador to Nigeria to find out why these people were sent back and the appropriate actions to be taken to prevent/reduce such occurrences? Your energy should be directed fixing the problem- Instead, you deliver a 'Travel advisory' to Nigerians not to travel unless they had serious reasons.

I listened to her explanations this morning on Channels on the rights of POE officials to decide who entered the country and she made statements like 'how can we fight for people (referring to the turned back Nigerians) who don't want to fight for themselves?' Urging the aggrieved parties to protest etc
shocked shocked shocked
Isn't that part of your job?
Another guest speaker (in total disagreement with her 'advice') sugggested that we begin to treat their nationals the way they treat us i.e. Long questioning at immigration, extensive phone and bag searches, hours spent in 'second questioning' etc. He stated that that is what a country who values its citizens and sovereignty would do.

Unfortunately, he concluded by saying our people treat them like 'superior beings' and our immigration are mainly interested in 'bribes'. undecided

So ultimately, we are back to square one.

Prepare yourself with appropriate travel docs, tell no lies and put your best foot forward.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by vamum: 8:49pm On Mar 07, 2017
Here's my take on the non resident USC that was asking if she should apply for medicaid (can't find the original post sorry).
Medicaid is for low income "RESIDENT" US citizens. That alone disqualifies her from getting/applying for the benefit, I think. In the spirit of being truthful, I would not advise that she falsifies/deliberately withholds information on her application. When she is applying for Medicaid she will be asked to provide her home address, will she be able to put a Nigerian address? Probably not. If she wants to take advantage of this resource available to resident USC's she should first of all establish residency (some states 6 months, some 1 year) then file based on their total family income (home and abroad), otherwise go the route of an uninsured USC and self pay.

More info:

What if I return to live in the USA during the year?
When you arrive in your US state of residency, there are special rules allowing people to sign up for insurance protection under the subsidized state insurance exchanges, even outside the open enrollment periods – where moving back to the USA is a “qualifying event” that allows you to enroll in your State Exchange within 30 days(?) of returning to your home state of residency in the USA.

The general public’s open enrollment period for ACA health coverage in 2014 closes on March 31, 2014, and does not reopen until 2015.

When you qualify as a Resident of the United States, then:
~ If you have no current medical insurance coverage, you can either enroll with a private insurance company, and pay your own premiums.
or
~ You can qualify for having minimum medical insurance by having Medicare (receiving SS retirement benefits), Medicaid, CHIP or other qualifying policies (like some VA coverages).
or
~ You can enroll in “State Insurance Exchanges” – insurance pools for each US state that cover people who either cannot afford or cannot get medical insurance coverage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by FADEO: 8:54pm On Mar 07, 2017
How do i go about Nigerian Visa for LO in houston.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by FADEO: 9:07pm On Mar 07, 2017
favoredgal:

Don't know about other cities but Houston yes

Pick up your birth certificate on your way home upon discharge from the hospital. Schedule your passport visit downtown too for the next day or the day after if you are exhausted from pushing

Go to downtown pick up same day or next

Everything ready by day 3 of discharge aka day 5 of the baby's life.

That's how iv done it for my two babies

Please, I need information on how to get Nigerian Visa for LO in Houston. I will like to know how you got yours done, Make i just do copy and paste... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.