Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,282 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (980063 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 9:12pm On Mar 07, 2017
shawlar:

Yes oo... I'm back.
As you don do two, i said I should follow in your footsteps... grin grin
How are the lil ones?? Much love
they are fine o. Congratulations jare....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fiwajoluwa(f): 9:58pm On Mar 07, 2017
I agree with you. I'm not a frequent user on nairaland but i come here for information or to share. Its a forum not a chat room where you must have something to say. I think the moderators should do their job by suspending uncouth users. As stated in the topic, it should be about that and people saying its on page 5 and we should scroll, anyone who comes here in 2017 wants an updated information for their search not some old tales of 4 or even a year agO. People should also always return and post information on their experience. I hope this works and we can have an updated information on procedures, prices, states, poe and all these things. Thank you all.

Bootyliciousjay:
On the serious note, I think rather than respond to every post that irks us, we should just ignore. There's no point insulting each other or making statements solely to provoke someone. This page is for COST and PROCEDURE for birthing in the US. So let's add value with experiences at Visa interview, POE, Hospitals, etc. Let's 'Adult -up'
My 2 cents.
Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dupe007: 10:08pm On Mar 07, 2017
Good evening all, please am still looking for hospital and doctor in Chicago or anybody that has delivered there should please help with the cost estimate. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 10:27pm On Mar 07, 2017
Fiwajoluwa:
I agree with you. I'm not a frequent user on nairaland but i come here for information or to share. Its a forum not a chat room where you must have something to say. I think the moderators should do their job by suspending uncouth users. As stated in the topic, it should be about that and people saying its on page 5 and we should scroll, anyone who comes here in 2017 wants an updated information for their search not some old tales of 4 or even a year agO. People should also always return and post information on their experience. I hope this works and we can have an updated information on procedures, prices, states, poe and all these things. Thank you all.

No info here is outdated but if they are not useful you can as well stay back here to get it updated.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Cuteaidomo: 11:26pm On Mar 07, 2017
Good day all,feels so good to be back here.......I had my baby last year in elpaso and I'm preparing for 2nd missionary journey now. Pls I need to clarify some stuffs.
My visa has expired and I am about to renew,I guess I have to state the purpose of my trip as CHILDBIRTH to avoid POE issues. I intend using doctoresparati again,in the event that I am called for an interview,I hope the correspondence letter from doctoresparati will be ok?

I will appreciate any useful info and tips from the house as regards my visa renewal and the entire process pls and also any elpaso mums traveling in July should kindly holly at me let's discuss accommodation and other stuffs.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Cuteaidomo: 11:38pm On Mar 07, 2017
Hi dear,pls during ur renewal,did you state that you were going for childbirth again? I really want to know cos my first visa was for vacation. I did a change of intent letter then (2015). I need to know what to state in my renewal cos I'm going for 2nd missionary journey now. Waiting for ur response pls. Tnx.

drafrican:
th

thank you dear , I have sent a personql message.
pls lets stop lying to get visas
1st missionary journey was in 2015 I had never been to the usa though I had gone to uk and other places
I applied for a medical visa and stated it was to have my baby, I was granted and had a good poe at dulles.
My first visa is yet to expire(it expires april 1st, but dint want stories so I applied for a renewal last week through drop box and put my date of travel as 15 april , submitted on monday got a note to pick up today it was renewed .so all the suddenly pregnant tourists be wise.
imhave never been asked for my zero balance letter (travelled dec) and they dint ask for it during this renewal either

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dupe007: 11:46pm On Mar 07, 2017
Hi, please I can see you gave birth in Chicago and would appreciate it if I can get the cost estimate.
Dxbconnection:
Hello All,

This post is long overdue. To say I am a silent reader is an under-statement. Every single time you see 'and so so guests' I am one of those guests.

I started following this thread in 2011 when my best friend since forever and I decided to have a baby. grin . A daughter we would name Mercedes!!! (Do not judge me.. I was watching Glee at the time) Anyway last year we got married and now we are going to have a baby May 2017. Rest assured, baby name has changed.

My visa story is not eventful. I have always had US visa, but this renewal early this year got me worried because i had just moved to another country and hadn't even worked up to 4 months. I considered going to My husband's visa was still valid by a few months, mine by 3 weeks, but we decided to renew same time to streamline.

Usual questions- where do you work etc etc. When did you get married, do you have family (My husband's family is in Chicago). She then spent a surprising amount of time asking us which countries we had visited before....in great details. Anyway visa was granted. I was not pregnant then.

I contacted some hospitals in Chicago because I know that people in America do not really understand our need to pay for 'free' services. The best I did was to give them the numbers to make calls for me because who has money for long distance calls.

The cheapest option I have so far is an all inclusive package of 3500. Except epidural of about 650 and pediatrician. I do not have a quote yet for this but it shouldn't be a lot.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by FADEO: 1:05am On Mar 08, 2017
gurlnext2u:
Hello mamas and papas! How is everyone doing?
It is time for me to give back. I already shared my Poe experience a couple of months ago. I used hospital of providence in El Paso through doctores. Fees are pretty much the same as quoted on their website. It was a wonderful experience for me. Delivery room was too fine, felt like I was in a luxurious hotel room grin
I was in El Paso for about 14 weeks. I stayed at Extended stay America. Cost- $2600

Hospital bill- $2700 for vaginal delivery
Obgyn- $ 2500
Ultrasound can- $200
Hearing test- $267
Pathology for baby- $190
Pathology for me- $90
Circumcision- $185
Transportation- I used uber, very convenient and cheap compared to regular cabs. Since Naira denominated cards are now restricted for use abroad, you can link your dollar card.
Pediatrician- $250, then subsequent visit $70
My mum joined me a month after I arrived El Paso, thank God for her life. My mother in law also came to El Paso hehehehe... Lucky me.
Birth certificate was ready after 4 working days, consent form was notarized at US embassy in Abuja. Hubby mailed it through DHL, received it after 2 working days.
U.S. Passport- $165 for expedited fee, it took 1 working day.
I had the passport 3 weeks before I was due to travel home, I didn't want any stories with Naija visa or passport
Naija visa- $385, took 3 working days.
Infant ticket- $380, I also paid for bassinet seat for $35 per route i.e hou- fra, then fra-Naija
Lufthansa gave me a lot of headache concerning this infant ticket, after paying for the ticket I thought everything was ok only for me to go to the airport to make enquiries requiring excess luggage and I was told my baby didn't have a ticket. I immediately called their customer service and they said it was rectified and that the ticket was issue and sent to my mail box. When we got to Houston on our way home, I tried to get a boarding pass for myself, my mum and my baby. Only for me to receive the shock of my life that my baby doesn't have a ticket. I almost shouted the airport down. Unfortunately my phone got bad and I couldn't show the infant ticket I had to the man at the check in counter. I asked him to call Lufthansa that there was no way I could pay for a bassinet seat without having an infant ticket. He told me he doesn't call airline customer services for passengers shocked can you imagine? This is a staff for Lufthansa o. I was so pained. Told me that we will not fly that my baby doesn't have a ticket. Somehow I remembered the confirmation number for my baby's ticket because it was similar to mine. He still said he couldn't find it on his system. That I should look for a pay phone and call Lufthansa. At this point I was really pissed. He then had the nerve to ask why I was shouting at him when he was trying to help. Help how? When he blatantly refused to call to find out what was going on. I walked out and my mum was already panicking. Our phones were not working. I eventually found a pay phone and then the announcement was made that boarding was about to start. I was able to speak to a customer care agent and I poured out my frustration on the poor woman. This thing pained me because I was told in confidence that my bs bay's ticket had been issued and now I was almost stuck in Houston. The lady said my baby has a ticket, I screamed at her that why is the man at the counter telling me rubbish that my baby cannot fly. I demanded for the ticket number and to my dismay it was completely different. The lady apologized profusely and said I should go back to the counter that she will hold on.
I marched back to the check in counter and gave him the ticket number. His supervisor was already saying I should pay for another ticket there[b], then later they will refund the money for the first ticket[/b] please read the last statement I made. How can they refund the money for the first ticket when they claimed I didn't have a ticket for my baby to start with. I just ignored the man. The first man that attended to me now said that the machine isn't accepting the ticket. I bluntly told him that it was his problem not mine. He should rectify it and give me the boarding passes. He then had to call Lufthansa. I said " I thought you said you don't call Lufthansa office for passengers"? This same airline refused to send me the correct ticket and you as a staff working for the airline you cannot assist. Let me stop here abeg, I am already getting angry recalling this nasty ordeal.
Bottom line is we got our boarding passes and we got home safely. My little king behaved. Flight was cool. The air hostesses adored him. I forgot to add that excess luggage was $200 per box. I wish everyone well. God bless you all.

Please i will like to get information on the agent/person did you use for your LO Nigeria visa. Because I no want story from my brothers at MMIA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by modath(f): 6:52am On Mar 08, 2017
Fiwajoluwa:
I agree with you. I'm not a frequent user on nairaland but i come here for information or to share. Its a forum not a chat room where you must have something to say. I think the moderators should do their job by suspending uncouth users. As stated in the topic, it should be about that and people saying its on page 5 and we should scroll, sadanyone who comes here in 2017 wants an updated information for their search not some old tales of 4 or even a year agO.

Want? Really? Who is the researcher to provide the "want"? Who owes anyone any obligation here? You do realise you can take up the task of this "update" you are talking about:

[b]People should also always return and post information on their experience. I hope this works and we can have an updated information on procedures, prices, states, poe and all these things. Thank you all.

There is no compulsion, it's all freewill madam...

Addendum:
Here is why people have decided to stay their lanes so folks who "want" without making any effort (or be humble enough not to appreciate the people that did ) won't whine about "bully squad" !!! cool

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 10:29am On Mar 08, 2017
Fiwajoluwa:

Wat contribution have you ever made to this thread? Imagine you saying you only come here for information! Clap for yourself!! Nobody owes you anything here ok. If you want updated info, use google, search for hospitals, pick up your phone and call them!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mandex11: 10:42am On Mar 08, 2017
Hello allllllllll

please when paying with PayPal, does it have to be from a dollar account or naria?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oppaxy: 11:02am On Mar 08, 2017
Hello everyone... I've got a few questions. I would appreciate helpful responses from NL family.

Hubby is currently completing his DS 160 form to schedule an interview to witness the birth of our first child (I am in the US already staying at my cousin's place)

- "do you have any relatives in the US"?
Could answer be YES as there's an option for spouse and I'm here presently. Or NO as he has no relatives either immediate or extended here.
- "US contact info"?
Would that be my cousin's address and contact as he'll be staying at same address.
- Thirdly, is there a way I can schedule an appointment (choose a date) before submitting d DS160 form ***payment made at d bank already.

Thanks for your support ***in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 11:33am On Mar 08, 2017
Mandex11:
Hello allllllllll

please when paying with PayPal, does it have to be from a dollar account or naria?

It could be from any account, but you need to have linked the said cards/ accounts with your papal account, and if you are linking a naira domiciled account,bear in mind the forex restrictions

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 11:59am On Mar 08, 2017
oppaxy:
Hello everyone... I've got a few questions. I would appreciate helpful responses from NL family.

Hubby is currently completing his DS 160 form to schedule an interview to witness the birth of our first child (I am in the US already staying at my cousin's place)

Could answer be YES as there's an option for spouse and I'm here presently. Or NO as he has no relatives either immediate or extended here.
- "US contact info"?
Would that be my cousin's address and contact as he'll be staying at same address.
- Thirdly, is there a way I can schedule an appointment (choose a date) before submitting d DS160 form ***payment made at d bank already.

Not sure about question 1 so will defer to people that have filled the form recently

Cousin's address is fine.

Yes you can schedule your appointment as soon as you have paid. However you will need the reference number of the DS160 to make the appointment. If for any reason you do not submit that particular DS 160 (you decide to use a new DS 160) it would mean that the Reference number on the interview appointment will not be the same as your new DS 160.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by iamnikky69: 12:06pm On Mar 08, 2017
Hi people, i've checked through the thread and i havent been able to see any contact for a Dallas doctor and hospital. Please can someone help me with one. Thanks a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ojceskills(m): 12:25pm On Mar 08, 2017
Yes you can book an appointment before submitting the DS-160 form as long as you are sure you will be submitting that particular form since you will use the number to book your appointment. In-fact i scheduled my interview a week before i even submitted my form.

Since his contact address for where he will be staying in the US is your cousins home, he has to state that he has someone/relative in the US (His wifes' cousin)

oppaxy:

- "US contact info"?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dy2005: 1:22pm On Mar 08, 2017
Hello everyone.please I need your help.my son is a us citizen and I want to travel with him to UK in Oct for vacation just 2weeks when he will be 1yr pls wat is the process.do I need to write to UK embassy ....Please help if u have us citizen and have travelled to UK with baby ..I have 5 years visa...Please wat should I do she only have us passport ...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Sparks12: 1:55pm On Mar 08, 2017
boluwagin:
Please I need help with this

I experienced almost the same thing.i had to contact the hospital (birth certificate unit) to correct the error. They did and said it would reflect in 6-8weeks. But I went to the probate office a week later and requested for the birth certificate but asked them to check the spelling and it had been corrected
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mandex11: 2:01pm On Mar 08, 2017
thanks darling [quote author=Babatwi [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Amiableada(f): 2:11pm On Mar 08, 2017
Dy2005:
Hello everyone.please I need your help.my son is a us citizen and I want to travel with him to UK in Oct for vacation just 2weeks when he will be 1yr pls wat is the process.do I need to write to UK embassy ....Please help if u have us citizen and have travelled to UK with baby ..I have 5 years visa...Please wat should I do she only have us passport ...
hello dear, you dont need to write to the uk embassy, I travelled with my 18 months old son to the uk for christmas holiday, all we did was to get him a nigerian passport and thats all. when entering the uk he uses his american passport and when coming back to nigeria he uses his nigerian passport. hope this info helps.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 2:36pm On Mar 08, 2017
Dy2005:

You dont need to do anything, just hold his blue passport when you are travelling. If he still has a valid nigerian visa on the passport and it will still be valid till you return, you dont need a Nigerian passport for him.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omosubo: 2:50pm On Mar 08, 2017
I am going to chicago, what information do you need
dupe007:
Good evening all, please am still looking for hospital and doctor in Chicago or anybody that has delivered there should please help with the cost estimate. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 2:51pm On Mar 08, 2017
oppaxy:

- "US contact info"?

Thanks for your support ***in advance[/

1. Your cousin is your relative...so i think the answer is Yes since you still want to use his/her address
2. Yes,cousin's address
3. Its better to fill the form first before schedulling an appointment cos you will need to input the DS 160 form num while booking the appointment.

[quote author=oppaxy post=54382770]Hello everyone... I've got a few questions. I would appreciate helpful responses from NL family.

- "US contact info"?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 3:11pm On Mar 08, 2017
nefertitiram:
Please I want to ask...

A family wants to go on holiday and the mum is pregnant. They have decided to use Doctores para ti but they want to holiday in New York, then the mum will go to el paso and await the baby..
Now when filling the form, will the kids and dad fill the NY holiday plans and mum fills el paso?

IMO...

I think the dad and kids should fill NY and the mum should fill El-passo, at the interview, they can go on to explain that they all will go to NY first before the mum ports to El-passo to awiat baby birth. I advise she fills el-passo so as to emphasize that her major obj in the US is the childbirth.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boluwagin: 3:14pm On Mar 08, 2017
Sparks12:

I experienced almost the same thing.i had to contact the hospital (birth certificate unit) to correct the error. They did and said it would reflect in 6-8weeks. But I went to the probate office a week later and requested for the birth certificate but asked them to check the spelling and it had been corrected

Oh! Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by olajay5: 3:14pm On Mar 08, 2017
Hello people,

Thank you for sharing information and correcting one another on this forum. Please which is the cheapest line one can use in Houston? A friend need to buy a SIM card that offers cheap calling rate within US and to Nigeria as well as good quality/cheap data? Thank you for your anticipated response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 3:28pm On Mar 08, 2017
olajay5:
Hello people,

Thank you for sharing information and correcting one another on this forum. Please which is the cheapest line one can use in Houston? A friend need to buy a SIM card that offers cheap calling rate within US and to Nigeria as well as good quality/cheap data? Thank you for your anticipated response.

lycamobile

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 3:31pm On Mar 08, 2017
oppaxy:

- "US contact info"?

"do you have any relatives in the US"? the answer is NO. You are not a US resident and your cousin is not his relative.

US contact info can be your cousin's address.

You can schedule appointment b4 submitting the form using the DS I60 number.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nneka3000: 4:54pm On Mar 08, 2017
[quote author=nefertitiram post=54364266

Yes,she will state both. Vacation in .... and will give birth in.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by zmoney: 4:55pm On Mar 08, 2017
Hello all. Please has anybody booked a ticket with expedia before? And how did you make payment? Thank you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.