Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977015 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 8:52am On May 17, 2017
I see you're on course just contact those Dr you have their quote from 2014 for the most recent price.
All it takes is patience and time you will pull through.
Ayotundesh:
Hi ladies and gurus in the house...

Much Love Happy belated mother's day!

Please I beg una advertise hospitals and prices and phone numbers na.... It's not easy to search through for info ... please consider newbies and JJCs like us,..no harm in repeating info if you can

The info I have for Atlanta is from 2014 and the prices are lower...

Anyone still recommending Gwinnett for Atlanta?
Dr Oduro or Dr Soyoola?

Abeg guide your JJC sister with recent 2017 figures and where to go?

Abeg na beg I de beg you...

kisses

May una stop laughing me na, those of you that laugh me before... All fingers are not equal ooo..
No be everybody get thesame story ooo...

Much love mums.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Yimiks: 9:37am On May 17, 2017
Hello people. I have learnt a lot from this forum and I want to give back. My POE experience. (newyork Poe)
Flew royal air maroc with DH and LO.
We quickly used the self service machine, it was smooth but I had a blurry image.
Dh: Good morning
Cbp:Good morning
Cbp: why are you in the states
Dh: for visitation and wife will be staying back with lo to give birth
Cbp:what did you say
Dh: to give birth
Cbp:who are you staying with and address
Dh: name and address
Cbp: how much do you have on you?
Dh: 5k
Cbp: just that, do you how high medical expenses are in the state.
Dh: all arrangements has be made with the doctor and hospital, necessary fund will be transferred from nigeria
Cbp: okay. stamping in dh and lo
Cbp: where did you give birth your lo
Dh:nigeria
Cbp: Ma'm please place down your four fingers and look into the camera. This is your first time in the states
Me: yes
Cbp: stamps me in.
Nothing was checked at agriculture.
So chilling in newyork for fee days before heading to Texas for my first appointment with my Dr. Thank you.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shanaka29: 11:12am On May 17, 2017
hello all,

back on this thread and I just want to start with a big thank you to all of you.
I used this board 2 years ago and was able to deliver a little princess in Houston.You can find
my story in the previous parts.

Hopefully a 2nd missionnary journey will follow soon (still praying and TTC)

In the mean time, my baby sister is already in Houston and looking for a new place to stay.
She's due in 2 months and need a place for 5 months.

Do you know about anyone willing to share a place ?

thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dhollargurl(f): 1:14pm On May 17, 2017
borryworld:
No. Your husband will have his own DS-160 separately and indicate yourselves as travelling companion. Ur husband should be the sponsor and u will need to attend the interview together o.
Yes, that's what I mean, and since he's the sponsor, he'll be there to defend his financial statements himself, hopefully. Thanks dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by temmymt: 3:19pm On May 17, 2017
Treasure1611:

Hello Temmy,

Please would appreciate.am sorry, dunno aw to pm
Tanks so much

Check you mail and reply
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 4:23pm On May 17, 2017
click on the persons name it will take you to their page in there you will see message........ click on it the system will send the person a mail, at this point just wait for the person to reply

you will see something like ''so so person from nairaland ........'' as reply wala that is pm
Treasure1611:

Hello Temmy,

Please would appreciate.am sorry, dunno aw to pm
Tanks so much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 5:14pm On May 17, 2017
Apple19:

We're doing so great thanks. How's family too? And for kids.... Hoping for no 2
number 2 is loading... Congratulations in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 5:17pm On May 17, 2017
Ayotundesh:
Hi ladies and gurus in the house...

Much Love Happy belated mother's day!

Please I beg una advertise hospitals and prices and phone numbers na.... It's not easy to search through for info ... please consider newbies and JJCs like us,..no harm in repeating info if you can

The info I have for Atlanta is from 2014 and the prices are lower...

Anyone still recommending Gwinnett for Atlanta?
Dr Oduro or Dr Soyoola?

Abeg guide your JJC sister with recent 2017 figures and where to go?

Abeg na beg I de beg you...

kisses

May una stop laughing me na, those of you that laugh me before... All fingers are not equal ooo..
No be everybody get thesame story ooo...

Much love mums.

Lol... They can't advertise because people pay for their Hospital to be advertised.

What u can do is to pm people that recently went to birth there.
Or better still call d Hospital and get their recent quote.
Remember u wan go spend millions... Research and get good deals.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by cyntop: 9:27pm On May 17, 2017
@ Ayotundesh I used northside hospital Atlanta last year November.
Am sorry is coming late but is beta late than never.
Northside hospital 3550 that's discount
Used Dr Andrew 1700
Paed fee 250 I think with discount
Paid additional money for baby 400 that's after discount
Used Turkish airline and it was good
Baby's ticket was 69
If you have any other questions you I ask,I will be glad to help if I can

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by happymumtobe: 10:17pm On May 17, 2017
Hello mum...please I need an answer to this.

I just applied for my mum today as she keep insisting she can't leave me all alone. I will be travelling end of June and she plan to join me end of July.

Her interview is in two weeks...Am not so sure my mum will be able to defend herself. Can I follow her to support it or let her go alone.

She is a teacher and the vo will obviously expect her to be able to defend herself alone.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayotundesh: 10:28pm On May 17, 2017
chibertha:
I see you're on course just contact those Dr you have their quote from 2014 for the most recent price.
All it takes is patience and time you will pull through.

Thank you sis...I will contact them. soonest...
Amen. Really hope to pull through.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayotundesh: 10:38pm On May 17, 2017
firsttymum:

Lol... They can't advertise because people pay for their Hospital to be advertised.

What u can do is to pm people that recently went to birth there.
Or better still call d Hospital and get their recent quote.
Remember u wan go spend millions... Research and get good deals.

Ooh Waow!
Okay. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Maymum: 10:46pm On May 17, 2017
Good day my people,

Please i need your urgent advice. There is an error with my baby's last name on the US birth certificate (how that happened i just cant explain) and I need to change it as soon as possible . Please anyone who has gone through this before or knows someone who has had same issue in the past ? Any suggestions will really go a long way. I really need to sort this out asap as i have just less than 3 weeks left.

Thanks so much in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayotundesh: 10:47pm On May 17, 2017
cyntop:
@ Ayotundesh I used northside hospital Atlanta last year November.
Am sorry is coming late but is beta late than never.
Northside hospital 3550 that's discount
Used Dr Andrew 1700
Paed fee 250 I think with discount
Paid additional money for baby 400 that's after discount
Used Turkish airline and it was good
Baby's ticket was 69
If you have any other questions you I ask,I will be glad to help if I can

Waow! Thank you so much cyntop this is soooo helpful sis... I will look into it...
Muaaah!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by staceyo(f): 12:39am On May 18, 2017
Good evening house
Please any June mamas using hospital in Virginia ready to share accommodation.
I am using Fairfax Hospital
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by babythug(f): 12:45am On May 18, 2017
Maymum:
Good day my people,

Please i need your urgent advice. There is an error with my baby's last name on the US birth certificate (how that happened i just cant explain) and I need to change it as soon as possible . Please anyone who has gone through this before or knows someone who has had same issue in the past ? Any suggestions will really go a long way. I really need to sort this out asap as i have just less than 3 weeks left.

Have you contacted the department that provides birth certificates to complain and enquire on the next steps?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MiddyO(f): 3:01am On May 18, 2017
babythug:

Have you contacted the department that provides birth certificates to complain and enquire on the next steps?
You will probably need to swear to an affidavit in cour and also pay some fees for the change.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 6:15am On May 18, 2017
happymumtobe:

I just applied for my mum today as she keep insisting she can't leave me all alone. I will be travelling end of June and she plan to join me end of July.

Her interview is in two weeks...Am not so sure my mum will be able to defend herself. Can I follow her to support it or let her go alone.

She is a teacher and the vo will obviously expect her to be able to defend herself alone.

I'm sure your mum will do just fine by herself and moreover you will not be allowed to enter with your mum,just give her all the necessary documents that she'll need.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boldbabe: 8:23am On May 18, 2017
happymumtobe:

You wont be allowed to go in with your mum as she is an adult, even if she cant speak english they have translators. Give her photocopies of your passport data page, visa page, hospital and doctors appointments and coach her on what to say based on your experience and she will be fine.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ojceskills(m): 8:24am On May 18, 2017
Hello..I actually had this issue too..Mom is a teacher and i needed her to travel with me, I already had my own visa..But i just had to brief her on what to say, gave her all the necessary documents and trust God it goes well...The best you can do is equipt her with all the information she needs and do mock interview with her..She is a teacher so she is learned and can actually defend her self, we just dont trust enough...All the best

happymumtobe:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mamacajah: 10:49am On May 18, 2017
Maymum:
Good day my people,

Go to the vital records office, give your complaint and they will change it. I can't remember now if your DH is needed as well but call the office and confirm the requirements.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by manlogic: 10:57am On May 18, 2017
Hello good people,

Is anybody heading to Houston this weekend who can help me take along the notarized D-3053 form for my LO? If you can help, please contact me on sojay5b@yahoo.com.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bimsebony: 1:08pm On May 18, 2017
Dwebb55:

There are several hospital's in MD, it depends on where you'll be staying there. However, MD is expensive to birth and you have to weigh your options well. Read from thread 3 and you'll be fine

Hello @dwebb55, please I sent you a PM. I need your help. Kindly respond. Please!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 18, 2017
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Onegai(f): 2:54pm On May 18, 2017
Jupiter7:
Hello everyone, I'm so glad to find this forum on nairaland!

I'm a mum to be by October this year. I'm hoping to give birth in the US precisely in New Jersey because I know only one person who resides there only as a student. I'm a US citizen but it has been donkey years since I visited the states, so I don't know what the birthing process is like. Thankfully my passport is still valid. I don't know which hospital to use, what the financial cost will be, how soon I should travel, and what challenges/barrier I may encounter. Pls any help will be appreciated, thanks.

You need to look up NJ state laws concerning Medicaid and Medicare. I don't think you qualify though, as you're not a resident of the state. Some states are more liberal about what makes you a resident (e.g. Ohio may give you some hassles compared to Maryland or California. And forget Texas or any southern state). And the marketplace insurance is such that it's tricky to buy since you have no income stateside (though you have passed this year's deadline, your pregnancy qualifies as an urgent position). But the problem then becomes if you can find a Dr who accepts Medicaid. So, go look up New Jersey Healthcare laws and decide from there. It may end up being easier to pay out-of-pocket costs (some things are covered for you depending on the state). Self-pay is cheaper and easier to bill than using insurance and they give them discounts (which is one of the reasons Americans hate birth tourism (foreigners will pay rather than lose their visa, meanwhile insurance coys will negotiate the bill down before paying).

However,once you buy your ticket, no-one will stop you at Border Control since you are a citizen (they may ask how long you've been out of the country but as long as your name doesn't sound Muslim, you should be fine). You don't even have to fill out Customs Declaration forms on the plane. Just use one of the self-service machines and go grab your bags. Probably try to get your DL from the DMV.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.