Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (976692 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 6:51am On May 27, 2017
sugah:

Na wa ooo. I did not do any research before this application..it was very impromptu.

At least she wasn't outrightly denied, I'd keep my fingers crossed.

Yup!
Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 6:53am On May 27, 2017
[quote author=NorthernshoreTS post=56916880][/quote]

Sounds like a great idea. You get to save $200!!! Nice one!

Please explain more.

How long did it take to process the Nigerian passport?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Autophys1: 9:27am On May 27, 2017
@Posh404
Hello all. Please is there any thread on give birth on Canada. Search but couldn't find it. .....someone should please help with the link if there is any. Thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/1346880/giving-birth-canada
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Helena6(f): 9:42am On May 27, 2017
[quote author=desoul post=56880468]justwise pls permit me to do this, this is the step by step process of visa on arrival...
@desoul, i sent you PM request for more than 1week now, please respond.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Miracletwinee: 11:27am On May 27, 2017
I think it has been confirmed that only children born in Nigeria can get NPC birth certificate. Let us always observe due process in order to avoid all these scammers in government establishments. You can also check this link to make assurance double sure
https://www.wikiprocedure.com/index.php/Nigeria_-_Register_a_Birth

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 11:41am On May 27, 2017
Haha Very true
desoul:

naija for you, but the immigration officer don kw his job, he just care for the [code][/code]. cheesy cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 1:30pm On May 27, 2017
NorthernshoreTS:

Hello Everyone. Its been a while, trust everyone is doing ok. Regarding the VOA process. I didn't pay for the immigration letter (it may be due to the fact that I'm Military). I went to the immigration office at MMIA and after a while I got someone there who got the letter for me which I sent to DW. Also we didn't pay $200 for any VOA. We dropped LO US passport with the immigration office at the airport and then went to process her Nigerian Passport, when that was ready, we took it to the Immigration office so they could sight it and then collected LO's US passport back.
I don't know If this was the conventional way of doing this but that was the approach I adopted to save cost.
Hope this helps someone out there.

That sound like the usual 'contact' method

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ifybabe4real: 3:13pm On May 27, 2017
congrats babe. i sent you a PM
Treasure1611:

Pls i sent u a PM, very much interested. Tnx

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ashynabs: 3:58pm On May 27, 2017
Any july/ august houston bound mom? Am flying via atlanta poe is dat kk guys?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ifybabe4real: 4:06pm On May 27, 2017
Freshface:
Good evening all.

During the long ban, I went through Chicago POE and point of EXIT, I saw, I conquered and yes my baby NUMBER FIVE(5) is back home, hale and hearty. Second US missionary journey completed! Godwin!

Just here to say a special thank you to Nefertitiram! You are an angel babes. God bless u more and more.

I can only help with accommodation info in Chicago because that was the greatest challenge, so pm me if u need help. Cheers.

babes sent u a PM
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by JAZES(m): 4:19pm On May 27, 2017
My good people , please i need the oakbend hospital email contact as thats where my wife
will love to use.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MiddyO(f): 4:41pm On May 27, 2017
@terese69 please I sent you a pm .Please reply its urgent. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by BISCOLEE: 5:05pm On May 27, 2017
Please can you send me a pm on dawodub@yahoo.com. I need information on birthing in Florida. Thank you.
zulee:
Good day, I'd like to share my experience at the Lagos US embassy today. I had initially been refused at Abuja in February with my husband and son because the visa officer claimed my bill showed pending final invoice and wasnt sure if I paid all my bill. At that time I didn't know about this thread and so many information on zero balance statement, letter of non-indebtedness n itimised bill. So I began to call the hospital to send these documents since February oh. Finally armed my self with every evidence that I wasn't owing, the budget sheet and all an envelope full of other documents. Mehn! The queue in Lagos no be child's play. I met an old lady, she refused 3 people before me. the following conversation took place

VO: Good Morning Ma'am
Me: Good Morning
VO: what did you go to do in Saudi Arabia?
Me: I went for pilgrimage July last year
VO: What did you do in US the last time?
me: I had a baby
VO: ok, how many kids do you have?
Me: 2
VO: how old are they?
Me: 4 and a year 8 months
VO: Do you have the receipts
Me: Hands over my receipts
VO: where is that?
Me: Florida
VO: How did you pay?
Me: I used my MasterCard as a self paid patient
VO: so what do you wanna go and do now?
Me: I'm pregnant and I wanna have my baby
VO: where do you work?
Me: Bleep
VO: what's your position?
VO: Does your Husband have a valid visa?
Me: No it also expired same time as mine, but he's planning on renewing it too
VO: where does he work?
VO: So you wanna go back to same place?
Me: Yes I want to go back to Florida
By that time she was already picking the white paper
VO: when do you intend traveling?
Me: End of July to Early August
VO: Ok you can pick your passport next week, we will email you when it's ready anyway. Did you avoid Abuja office so won't be denied?
Me: Smiled and said I'm in Lagos for meeting and I wanted to try a different place. God bless you.

She didn't ask for correspondence with hospital/doc, budgetsheet, bank statement, itemised bill, zero balance, why I applied for visit visa in January, why my husband and son did not apply this time around. I expected a lot of questions but she came down easy on me. I'm thankful to God and to all the people on this thread who give information. Wish everyone the best of luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by BISCOLEE: 5:10pm On May 27, 2017
Any response from Zulee yet? I need information on Florida too. What part of Florida did you get the 5k? Anything on accommodation? Please pm me. quoteor=BootyliciousHon post=56040473]Congrats on your visa approval. Am amazed to hear 'a little over 4000USD ' in Florida!!!. Do you mind sharing what part of Florida? Cos for hospital alone i have quotes of 5000USD.

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oluwafunkenny: 8:18pm On May 27, 2017
Good day all, shout all to all our children. May God bless and keep them for us Amen. Sorry to deviate from our discussion a little but l need to share this to know if someone had experienced such or for advice from who can be of help. I opened a BOA account when l went for birthing in 2015 and have been using the account. I specifically mentioned then that l came for birthing and gave my office addy in Naij as my second address. Since then l have been using the account. Most times l use the account to buy online(eBay, Walmart and Payless) or pay professional dues. I was in US last March and l used as well. I also do make trsf to friends using BOA or through quick pay. I got a mail on Thursday that my account is below minimum balance and that l should fund the account. I was disturbed cos l still have enough above the 25$ min balance. On logging in to the account, l saw a hold of $888,888.88. throwing my account into debit. Mehn, l nearly had heart attackt. A debit of over 300M in naira. That was how it started. I called their line, they kept transferring me from one staff to another till they closed. Please note my account type is safe balance banking. It's sort of a savings account. No cheque and no credit on the account.
Fellow nairalanders, l called through out on Friday, they gave their investigation/complaints number. I called and it was answering machine that has been picking. Finally, one of their customer care resolved to put a memo on my account to contact me on my naija number but am yet to hear from them.

Please house, has anyone experienced such or knows someone that have experienced such. Since Thursday my mind has not been at rest. Wetin l no chop l no go fit vomit o. With my experience in banking l find it hard to comprehend.

Please and please advice oooo.
Oga justwise bikooo

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by QUEENBIZ: 8:53pm On May 27, 2017
MiddyO:

I responded to your pm ma'am but no message from you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ekomJEI3: 9:10pm On May 27, 2017
oluwafunkenny:
Good day all, shout all to all our children. May God bless and keep them for us Amen. Sorry to deviate from our discussion a little but l need to share this to know if someone had experienced such or for advice from who can be of help. I opened a BOA account when l went for birthing in 2015 and have been using the account. I specifically mentioned then that l came for birthing and gave my office addy in Naij as my second address. Since then l have been using the account. Most times l use the account to buy online(eBay, Walmart and Payless) or pay professional dues. I was in US last March and l used as well. I also do make trsf to friends using BOA or through quick pay. I got a mail on Thursday that my account is below minimum balance and that l should fund the account. I was disturbed cos l still have enough above the 25$ min balance. On logging in to the account, l saw a hold of $888,888.88. throwing my account into debit. Mehn, l nearly had heart attackt. A debit of over 300M in naira. That was how it started. I called their line, they kept transferring me from one staff to another till they closed. Please note my account type is safe balance banking. It's sort of a savings account. No cheque and no credit on the account.
Fellow nairalanders, l called through out on Friday, they gave their investigation/complaints number. I called and it was answering machine that has been picking. Finally, one of their customer care resolved to put a memo on my account to contact me on my naija number but am yet to hear from them.

Please house, has anyone experienced such or knows someone that have experienced such. Since Thursday my mind has not been at rest. Wetin l no chop l no go fit vomit o. With my experience in banking l find it hard to comprehend.

Please and please advice oooo.
Oga justwise bikooo

Your account has been closed. For whatever reason which they would not inform you, they have decided to close your account. We have a couple of accounts with them for several years and we got a similar experience like you did. We were able to get our balances sent to us via cheque.
Keep calling if you have balances in the account. Alternatively you can follow up by making complaints via their twitter handle. They are sure to respond to you as no one likes any negative press.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sugah: 9:51pm On May 27, 2017
oluwafunkenny:

Suffered same thing recently. Called the customer care and luckily I was referred to the person in charge of our account. They just wanted to do a verification and couldn't reach us on the US number we provided during account opening. We explained to him we are based in Nigeria yada yada yada and the account was reopened.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Flowers: 10:26pm On May 27, 2017
Came in through Houston POE at 36wks+. CBP were harsh delayed me at secondary inspection for many hours. LO came this week at 38wks+. God has been faithful.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by olu101: 10:34pm On May 27, 2017
Good Evening Sirs and Ma'am in the house.. I will like to go give birth in the U.S please what are the required documents?

Also what are the list of things to include in the budget sheet?
Please help with this. God bless!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by pcoolioz(m): 12:10am On May 28, 2017
modath:

Why would they "want"? Is there any reason to replicate a birth certificate? One BC is enough,looking for another/more is mere exercise in futility..... some actions we take "just because" may come back to haunt the innocent child in the future... IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE IN LAW....

BANKS PLENTY DEY TROWEY,If one is doing strong head, carry ya kaya and on to the next, when nor be by force to join a particular one?!!!

@ miracletwinee ... wehdonema , ya head is dey dia... Better safe than sorry... cool

Hello
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by modath(f): 12:11am On May 28, 2017
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by happymumtobe: 2:10am On May 28, 2017
iamnikky69:
Hi people, pls is cheapflights.com reliable. Been trying to book a flight for June to Dallas and all the prices are exorbitant. Someone pls suggest and airline or agent

Well itried using cheap flight.com..the prices I saw in naira wasn't the same as the euro as it was really more ...I ended up booking on wakanow for my June travel..got emirate at a good deal.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Terese69: 6:38am On May 28, 2017
MiddyO:

I replied you almost immediately after I received your PM 3 days ago but you didn't respond.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by JAZES(m): 10:04am On May 28, 2017
JAZES:
My good people , please i need the oakbend hospital email contact as thats where my wife
will love to use.
Thanks

Can someone help me with a Dr's email contact @Oakbend.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 10:10am On May 28, 2017
Not like I care for yall suckers grin

But ma yellow baby landed almost a month now. Had a wonderful labour and delivery with the hubby by my side cheering me on. Got all ma baby's US documents, took a week and a half for all that. Now na to go face Nigerian embassy in the A. I hear na only 64 pages dey available undecided

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chirolechick: 11:36am On May 28, 2017
Lol, you like quarrel pass fight, grin your wahala no be here, congrats dear, God bless your family

Shawbabe:

But ma yellow baby landed almost a month now. Had a wonderful labour and delivery with the hubby by my side cheering me on. Got all ma baby's US documents, took a week and a half for all that. Now na to go face Nigerian embassy in the A. I hear na only 64 pages dey available undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 1:04pm On May 28, 2017
Shawbabe:

You even brought on the fight mode to announce the birth of the innocent baby. Lol! Congrats anyways and may the yellow baby only inherit your sweet side. Amen

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Colouredgirl: 2:28pm On May 28, 2017
And no one cares about you sucker too grin...God bless the LO
Shawbabe:

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 3:58pm On May 28, 2017
Justwise?

What happened to the promise of lifetime ban?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.