Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (976600 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 2:25pm On May 29, 2017
happymumtobe:
Mums already in the us..please how much do banks charge for pos transaction with visa or master card and is access bank limit still 200dols monthly or what's the best account to open that offers good transaction limit and charge.

Access bank limit is $100 monthly
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Marylandmama: 3:36pm On May 29, 2017
happymumtobe:
Mums already in the us..please how much do banks charge for pos transaction with visa or master card and is access bank limit still 200dols monthly or what's the best account to open that offers good transaction limit and charge.

Access bank is 100$ @ 375 to a dollar, Gtbank also has a monthly limit of 100$ @ 380 to 400 naira to a dollar. Gtbank rate fluctuates so you can't really predict.
It's better to buy black market than use ur gtb card atimes.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TripleKMama: 4:09pm On May 29, 2017
Wen I was in US (Oct 2016-Jan 2017), Access Bank limit was $200 per month @N375 or so.

Marylandmama:

Access bank is 100$ @ 375 to a dollar, Gtbank also has a monthly limit of 100$ @ 380 to 400 naira to a dollar. Gtbank rate fluctuates so you can't really predict.
It's better to buy black market than use ur gtb card atimes.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 4:26pm On May 29, 2017
So the journey finally ended on Thursday 25th as we all returned home safely 25 days after baby's arrival.

Baby's docs were all secured in about two weeks.

Paid $190 for visa on arrival at MMIA.

Big shoutout to the house, special thanks to @chibertha, @shawbabe - padi mi and till very recently @sugah. You guys rock.

My ego oyinbo is still adjusting to Lagos weather...Lol

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Marylandmama: 4:28pm On May 29, 2017
TripleKMama:
Wen I was in US (Nov 2016-Jan 2017), Access Bank limit was $200 per month @N375 or so.

I got here in April and it was 100$ @ 325 for access bank and 100$ @ 320 for gtb. All of a sudden around April ending, all the banks increased their rates. Access has been stable @ 375 but gtb has been fluctuating BTW 380 and 400.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Helena6(f): 4:38pm On May 29, 2017
[quote author=Chanbaby post=55185683]
VOA $200 (applied for visa on arrival on monday 20th and was ready on tuesday 21st, Thanks to Desoul...) Payment for the Visa done at the Nigerian Airport in Lagos, I paid cash with $100 and $20 (5) and they refused the $20 bill. I was very upset and asked why? the yeye women said welcome to Nigeria.
Went to get a trolley to pack my things and they said madam N150 I gave her N200 and she was like madam dont need help because of ur baby and I asked how much will the help cost me. She said 1500 I just vex and opened eye for her and said HELP but I will still pay 1500 she just quickly gave me my N50 change and I left.

Hi @Chanbaby, kindly assist with Desoul's contact. I followed you but couldnt send PM. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by modath(f): 5:29pm On May 29, 2017
TripleKMama:
Wen I was in US (Nov 2016-Jan 2017), Access Bank limit was $200 per month @N375 or so.

It was 325 till april, 200$ limit stopped mid january.

https://www.nairaland.com/3822890/brand-new-box-samsung-galaxy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TripleKMama: 7:31pm On May 29, 2017
Interesting. Never knew.
modath:

It was 325 till april, 200$ limit stopped mid january.

https://www.nairaland.com/3822890/brand-new-box-samsung-galaxy

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jesufifunmi: 7:34pm On May 29, 2017
freshdad:
So the journey finally ended on Thursday 25th as we all returned home safely 25 days after baby's arrival.

Big shoutout to the house, special thanks to @chibertha, @shawbabe - padi mi and till very recently @sugah. You guys rock.

Welcome Freshdad. Abeg i bin think say VOA na $200? Did you get a $10 discount ni?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Freshface: 7:37pm On May 29, 2017
As you look for trouble, May trouble find you, locate you and dwell with you always☺

Shawbabe:

Let me look for trouble small...it's been long tongue

Hope you have hung your boots oh, and found another hobby grin

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 7:56pm On May 29, 2017
thanks, I was also suprised when DW returned to baggage collection with a $10 balance. Although the actually cost is $160 as written on visa of LO's passport so i dont know what the rest is for.
jesufifunmi:
Welcome Freshdad. Abeg i bin think say VOA na $200? Did you get a $10 discount ni?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Freshface: 8:22pm On May 29, 2017
I also paid $190 not $200 for VOA
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 11:02pm On May 29, 2017
Freshface:
As you look for trouble, May trouble find you, locate you and dwell with you always☺

Akuko! If na so curse dey follow people, you yourself for don die na tongue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 11:04pm On May 29, 2017
freshdad:

Awww....congrats again!

Lol @ adjusting to the weather....that is inevitable
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jesufifunmi: 7:33am On May 30, 2017
Freshface:
I also paid $190 not $200 for VOA
Ok sis. I haven't seen those stuff as promised.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by herrik066: 11:05am On May 30, 2017
I greet you all in here. Been away for a while. May God continue to bless the works of our hand and the quest for good life we extend to our kids and our unborn LOs.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shakidude: 11:31am On May 30, 2017
freshdad:

Congrats Freshdad.

Please what's the duration of the VOA? Is it the regular 2 years or less? I'm asking cos of the stress of getting Nigerian visa every time for frequent travellers, this one that Naija passport booklet is scarce.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by AYABAG: 12:04pm On May 30, 2017
good morning my wonderful people. Have been a great outside follower of this thread but today i decided to join this wonderful group,because have learn a whole lot and this had made me prepared for my own missionary journey coming soon.freshdad i will be needing a lot of information from you because chicago is where i will love to have my baby,if you would not mind me sending you a personal message,However congratulation on the birth of the beautiful baby.GOD BLESS us all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 12:28pm On May 30, 2017
its just 1month...except you are a frequent traveller, just start the passport process as soon as you can.
shakidude:

Congrats Freshdad.

Please what's the duration of the VOA? Is it the regular 2 years or lesser? I'm asking cos of the stress of getting Nigerian visa every time for frequent travellers, this one that Naija passport booklet is scarce.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jukkybukwes: 12:33pm On May 30, 2017
Hello everyone. I'm new here, have been reading this thread for the past one month. I'm planning to have my 1st missionary journey (first time mum). -i'm yet to apply for visa coz I need some clarity. My MIL is the sponsor (we would be travelling together). she's a retiree who earns pension. However she just sold a property and the money was deposited into her account. This account is what she intends to present as her account statement for our trip, sure the amount in there Is more than enough for the missionary journey. My question is, since there's a sudden inflow of cash into the account, would that raise an eyebrow? Is there something to worry about? She's widely travelled so her passport isn't virgin.
Pls suggestions and advice are welcomed.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fatima04: 12:49pm On May 30, 2017
please has anyone traveled in the past week, heard you have to be at the airport 5hrs before your flight time due to new immigration check in.

ANybody with info on this pls.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 1:50pm On May 30, 2017
No mind am, dey form americana for Lagos grin
Shawbabe:

Awww....congrats again!

Lol @ adjusting to the weather....that is inevitable
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 2:26pm On May 30, 2017
feddy27:
Firsttymum
Nefertitiram
Nita2013

I see you
grin

How body?
Babe don't make me jog to where ever u r o.... Hafa na

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 2:28pm On May 30, 2017
fatima04:
please has anyone traveled in the past week, heard you have to be at the airport 5hrs before your flight time due to new immigration check in.

ANybody with info on this pls.
wait o, what time do u intend to get there before. U shld b there 4-5 hrs before flight time.... Person wey get belle na small small e dey Waka and dey do things.... So as not to b stressed... It's better u get there on time. Get it over with... Sit and relax before u board

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 2:30pm On May 30, 2017
jukkybukwes:
Hello everyone. I'm new here, have been reading this thread for the past one month. I'm planning to have my 1st missionary journey (first time mum). -i'm yet to apply for visa coz I need some clarity. My MIL is the sponsor (we would be travelling together). she's a retiree who earns pension. However she just sold a property and the money was deposited into her account. This account is what she intends to present as her account statement for our trip, sure the amount in there Is more than enough for the missionary journey. My question is, since there's a sudden inflow of cash into the account, would that raise an eyebrow? Is there something to worry about? She's widely travelled so her passport isn't virgin.
Pls suggestions and advice are welcomed.
1. Yes sudden inflow of cash will raise an eyebrow.
2. Mil as sponsor get as e b...

Let assume u r d vo.
Sponsor is ur Mil, same person has sudden inflow of cash... You'll definitely be suspicious
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 2:31pm On May 30, 2017
herrik066:
I greet you all in here. Been away for a while. May God continue to bless the works of our hand and the quest for good life we extend to our kids and our unborn LOs.
Hi hi long time no read
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 2:42pm On May 30, 2017
I see alot of visa on arrival.

Here's my take.
Naija passport is $107 and u get it same day. And it's 5 years before it expires.
This visa on arrival... U'll still do a naija passport Las Las. Why not just opt for it.

I see most of u are flying in and out through jfk too.
Why not spend one or two nights in new York... Do naija passport after all u get it same day if u get there before 1 pm. If u r Waka Waka like me.... Do small sight seeing... grin

My poentry and poexit was jfk.
I added naija passport to my to my plan.
Except d state u r going to u r flying direct there.... But if u r flying to a state where u wanna route ur flight... Why not route it through somewhere convenient in terms of naija passport and cbp...
Plus most of us leave with our husband's... So it becomes vacation plus documents palava... Another state to enjoy. I mean spend one or two nights there..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jesufifunmi: 2:46pm On May 30, 2017
firsttymum:
I see alot of visa on arrival.

Here's my take.
Naija passport is $107 and u get it same day. And it's 5 years before it expires.
This visa on arrival... U'll still do a naija passport Las Las. Why not just opt for it.

I see most of u are flying in and out through jfk too.
Why not spend one or two nights in new York... Do naija passport after all u get it same day if u get there before 1 pm. If u r Waka Waka like me.... Do small sight seeing... grin

My poentry and poexit was jfk.
I added naija passport to my to my plan.
Except d state u r going to u r flying direct there.... But if u r flying to a state where u wanna route ur flight... Why not route it through somewhere convenient in terms of naija passport and cbp...
Plus most of us leave with our husband's... So it becomes vacation plus documents palava... Another state to enjoy. I mean spend one or two nights there..
Money for hotel booking for Newyork nko? Plus all the luggage person go dey carry upandan.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 2:52pm On May 30, 2017
jesufifunmi:
Money for hotel booking for Newyork nko? Plus all the luggage person go dey carry upandan.

Wetin happen to airbnb?
Me I used airbnb... If my return was supposed to b 16th.. It means I go enter new York 13 or 14th..
Book airbnb same accommodation money... Cos if u were to stay till 16th u go still pay accommodation.
Plus u can pay for a shared flat if u want.

Luggage upandan?
As if u go carry am upandan...
U put am for taxi... Take am to ur apartment.
Relax of if u have energy like me... Shower and get ready for naija embassy.... Get d passport... Get back home relax... Tour new York d next day grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jukkybukwes: 3:12pm On May 30, 2017
firsttymum:

1. Yes sudden inflow of cash will raise an eyebrow.
2. Mil as sponsor get as e b...

Let assume u r d vo.
Sponsor is ur Mil, same person has sudden inflow of cash... You'll definitely be suspicious

Thanks so much for your response.

Pls are you saying MIL can't be sponsor? Must it be me or my husband?

Statement of account is usually how many months?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TripleKMama: 3:35pm On May 30, 2017
Easier said than done. Esp if na FTM or traveling solo.
Whatever works for one. Esp for Comfort & less stress. Money for Taxi. Accommodation etc.
I got free accommodation so airbnb means extra cost. No thanks.

firsttymum:

Wetin happen to airbnb?
Me I used airbnb... If my return was supposed to b 16th.. It means I go enter new York 13 or 14th..
Book airbnb same accommodation money... Cos if u were to stay till 16th u go still pay accommodation.
Plus u can pay for a shared flat if u want.

Luggage upandan?
As if u go carry am upandan...
U put am for taxi... Take am to ur apartment.
Relax of if u have energy like me... Shower and get ready for naija embassy.... Get d passport... Get back home relax... Tour new York d next day grin

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 3:40pm On May 30, 2017
jukkybukwes:

Thanks so much for your response.

Pls are you saying MIL can't be sponsor? Must it be me or my husband?

Statement of account is usually how many months?
She can.... But
6 months

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.