Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (979091 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 3:42pm On May 30, 2017
TripleKMama:
Easier said than done. Esp if na FTM or traveling solo.
Whatever works for one. Esp for Comfort & less stress. Money for Taxi. Accommodation etc.
that's what I did.
Nd the extra cost the $90 on top the voa has covered
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by PrinceAdeAde: 3:42pm On May 30, 2017
NorthernshoreTS:

Hello Everyone. Its been a while, trust everyone is doing ok. Regarding the VOA process. I didn't pay for the immigration letter (it may be due to the fact that I'm Military). I went to the immigration office at MMIA and after a while I got someone there who got the letter for me which I sent to DW. Also we didn't pay $200 for any VOA. We dropped LO US passport with the immigration office at the airport and then went to process her Nigerian Passport, when that was ready, we took it to the Immigration office so they could sight it and then collected LO's US passport back.
I don't know If this was the conventional way of doing this but that was the approach I adopted to save cost.
Hope this helps someone out there.

Can you please provide further clarity on this.
I see a lot of people paying for VOA but you brought a spin of no payment so I am wondering why people are not picking this option as it sounds very reasonable.Also Just wise confirmed from the post below.Can the house further validate this

justwise:

That sound like the usual 'contact' method
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jukkybukwes: 3:55pm On May 30, 2017
firsttymum:

She can.... But
6 months

Ok. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jesufifunmi: 3:55pm On May 30, 2017
firsttymum:

Wetin happen to airbnb?
Me I used airbnb... If my return was supposed to b 16th.. It means I go enter new York 13 or 14th..
Book airbnb same accommodation money... Cos if u were to stay till 16th u go still pay accommodation.
Plus u can pay for a shared flat if u want.

Luggage upandan?
As if u go carry am upandan...
U put am for taxi... Take am to ur apartment.
Relax of if u have energy like me... Shower and get ready for naija embassy.... Get d passport... Get back home relax... Tour new York d next day grin

Hahahaha Sounds like a good plan. I'd explore it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 3:57pm On May 30, 2017
firsttymum:

Babe don't make me jog to where ever u r o.... Hafa na

Lol..I dey on recess.. I go soon show
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by flow2davis: 4:00pm On May 30, 2017
It wasn’t a favorable outing.

I and hubby were as honest as we could, yet the VO handed us the green paper.
Yes, I told him I will be having my baby.

Transcript Edited….

The Q&A was just flowing that we thought it would end as we wished.

Mission to the state? = Vacation and I will be having my child
Your first Child? = Yes

How long have you been married = +1yr.

Asked what we do and where we work, told him: = Hubby works with a reputable (so..so n so) International firm and myself a civil servant for 6 & 1 yr(s) respectively.

He asked for a proof hubby had traveled before and he provided (W. Europe).

Sorry, you will find the reason for refusing you visa in the paper attached, you can reapply, I wish you goodluck next time… and returned our passports with the green sheet of paper

The rate of refusal was about 99% from my estimation, and the crowd at the Abuja office was like a crusade.

In all, WE Bless God.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ifybabe82: 4:21pm On May 30, 2017
Hi There, Good afternoon.... I am new to Nairaland and founf this forum very helpful and support. Would you be kind enough to help with the doctor you lan on using in Henrinco. I am currently preggers and due in August. Looking for a cheap hospital in richmond Virginia and Henrico seems good, but i am struggling with finding a cheap doctor as well. Thank you so much in advance for your response...
mimimum:
Hi Chiprettie, I am not travelling till end of July or very early in August, my budget is about $2,000 for accomodation. I intend leaving 2 weeks after delivery to stay with MIL who lives in Baltimore. It's a 2hrs 30mins drive by bus from Richmond to where she stays. I am really confused cos I don't want to save money on delivery fees only for accommodation to take the bulk of my funds.
How close is your extended stay acc from the doc/hosp and how much?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shakidude: 4:48pm On May 30, 2017
freshdad:
its just 1month...except you are a frequent traveller, just start the passport process as soon as you can.

Thanks for the reply. I will weigh my options.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Pemisire4ever: 4:49pm On May 30, 2017
Good afternoon all,

Please I need contact for naija passport agent. We are currently in Houston so please anybody with tanko contact should please assist us.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Oloye12345: 5:37pm On May 30, 2017
Houston POE Experience!

DW left 9ja with Emirates last Friday (26/05/17), had 4 hours stop-over at Dubai before boarding to Houston. Spent 17 hours on air and landed in Houston around 4pm. DW and DM were not given any special treatment as DW is not the bigger-tommy type, so they didnt really notice DW is pregnant. Spent about 30 minutes on the queue. Meanhwile, there was this CBP that has been sending people to 2nd inspection constantly. DW was praying she should not be sent to her sad Alas! The dreaded CBP called DW, below is the transcript:

CBP: Why are you here?
DW: Child-birth and vacation.

CBP: (surprise look on her face) We no longer alllow that here from foreigners. It was actually cancelled last week.
DW: Not aware of that. I duly informed the embassy in Nigeria and such info wasn't given to me.

CBP: Why USA?
DW: For better healthcare due to complications I had during my previous childbirth

CBP: Why not UK, which is closer to you?
DW: I just prefer the US, didn't think about UK at all.

CBP: How much do you have?
DW: Bleep (I learnt this here - hehehe)

CBP: for Virginal or CS
DW: Virginal

CBP: Your estimate should be based on the highest quote which is CS
DW: Whichever case, I have sufficient funds.

CBP: Again, we have cancelled childbirth here by foreigners just last week. I will just have to allow you in for a week bla bla
DW: Was not aware of that. I have sufficient funds and no plan whatsoever to use any form of insurance. **at this point, DM started feeling bad and CBP asked her to go**

CBP called another officer to take DW in for secondary inspection and allow DM to proceed to baggage claim. The officer asked her to stamp DW in, she insisted that DW has to go for secondary. DW got to secondary, there were lots of people, DW waited for 2 hours before it got to her turn. So many people.

CBP asked same 1 & 2 questions. DW gave same answers.

CBP: Have you contacted any Doctor and hospital?
DW : Yes, I have the necessary correspondence with me.

DW: $XXXXX, I also have fund on my cards and accounts.

CBP: Let me see the cash
DW: Handed it over to him to check. He looked at it and return the money back to DW

CBP: Make sure you get all your receipts and zero balances for verification when you are coming the next time.
DW: Noted, thanks.

He stamped DW in till Nov and asked another officer to take her to ML for cash declaration. At this time (7pm-ish), Agric and ML had closed, just one person came out to attend to us.

DW has been resting since Friday and out tomorrow for her first appointment. We learnt alot here and it pays to say the truth and be prepared. We got B1/B2 visa late last year, and declared we would like to use the visa for childbirth via change of intent. We only realised the opportunity to have our last baby there after getting the visa.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayotundesh: 6:16pm On May 30, 2017
Posh404:
@Ayotunde ....Dr oduro charges $2150 while soyoola is above 3K....used oduro recently

Thank you so much.
God Bless you plenty.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fasttrack(m): 6:36pm On May 30, 2017
Oloye12345:

CBP: (surprise look on her face) We no longer alllow that here from foreigners. It was actually cancelled last week.
DW: Not aware of that. I duly informed the embassy in Nigeria and such info wasn't given to me.

DW: For better healthcare due to complications I had during my previous childbirth

CBP: Again, we have cancelled childbirth here by foreigners just last week. I will just have to allow you in for a week bla bla
DW: Was not aware of that. I have sufficient funds and no plan whatsoever to use any form of insurance. **at this point, DM started feeling bad and CBP asked her to go**

Were they serious they have cancelled child birth in the US
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayotundesh: 6:36pm On May 30, 2017
Marylandmama:

Thank you very much.

Congratulations!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Kbek: 8:10pm On May 30, 2017
Please house, I kneel down, take God beg you guys. My interview is tomorrow, pleaseeeeeee what are the documents am suppose to go with. ( going to give birth in the us for the first time)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by temmyo: 8:13pm On May 30, 2017
firsttymum:

Wetin happen to airbnb?
Me I used airbnb... If my return was supposed to b 16th.. It means I go enter new York 13 or 14th..
Book airbnb same accommodation money... Cos if u were to stay till 16th u go still pay accommodation.
Plus u can pay for a shared flat if u want.

Luggage upandan?
As if u go carry am upandan...
U put am for taxi... Take am to ur apartment.
Relax of if u have energy like me... Shower and get ready for naija embassy.... Get d passport... Get back home relax... Tour new York d next day grin

Then you get to the embassy finish all the processing and gbagaan, printer not working come back in two days! This was my experience and I was to travel in 2 days. Had to start running helter skelter for VoA. Naija embassy is just not reliable.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 8:41pm On May 30, 2017
temmyo:

Then you get to the embassy finish all the processing and gbagaan, printer not working come back in two days! This was my experience and I was to travel in 2 days. Had to start running helter skelter for VoA. Naija embassy is just not reliable.
Shoot me Abeg shocked

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 8:42pm On May 30, 2017
Kbek:
Please house, I kneel down, take God beg you guys. My interview is tomorrow, pleaseeeeeee what are the documents am suppose to go with. ( going to give birth in the us for the first time)
part one page 105

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Apple19: 11:28pm On May 30, 2017
Good day all, pls any mama here with accommodation in New Jersey or has any info? Pls pm me abeg. Will be travelling in June with DH and DD. Am on budget so Pls no agent.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Vlesparza: 1:17am On May 31, 2017
fasttrack:

No. But racism is still an issue as evidenced by the officer. If citizenship by birth is ever "cancelled", it wont be from one week to another and there will be a lot of debate over this issue. Everybody will know way ahead of time and not because you were informed at the airport by a racist customs agent with a power complex who doesnt agree with the constitution.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by markmard: 6:22am On May 31, 2017
Another pure act of racism,lies,gross misrepresentation of information and abusive of power by a ‎customs and border protection officer ,i will continue to echo my voice Houston airport is the most unfriendly airport in usa especially towards Nigerians and people of color ,i will never never travel via Houston airport my candid opinion,.....IAH Poe with long queue,bogus questions,lies and unnecessary delays (((((

You want people to come and say only the true but your border is full of hatred , lies,discrimination from the same officers demanding the truth ,what a double standard!!

Oloye12345:
Houston POE Experience!

DW left 9ja with Emirates last Friday (26/05/17), had 4 hours stop-over at Dubai before boarding to Houston. Spent 17 hours on air and landed in Houston around 4pm. DW and DM were not given any special treatment as DW is not the bigger-tommy type, so they didnt really notice DW is pregnant. Spent about 30 minutes on the queue. Meanhwile, there was this CBP that has been sending people to 2nd inspection constantly. DW was praying she should not be sent to her sad Alas! The dreaded CBP called DW, below is the transcript:

CBP called another officer to take DW in for secondary inspection and allow DM to proceed to baggage claim. The officer asked her to stamp DW in, she insisted that DW has to go for secondary. DW got to secondary, there were lots of people, DW waited for 2 hours before it got to her turn. So many people.

DW: Handed it over to him to check. He looked at it and return the money back to DW

CBP: Make sure you get all your receipts and zero balances for verification when you are coming the next time.

He stamped DW in till Nov and asked another officer to take her to ML for cash declaration. At this time (7pm-ish), Agric and ML had closed, just one person came out to attend to us.

DW has been resting since Friday and out tomorrow for her first appointment. We learnt alot here and it pays to say the truth and be prepared. We got B1/B2 visa late last year, and declared we would like to use the visa for childbirth via change of intent. We only realised the opportunity to have our last baby there after getting the visa.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 7:26am On May 31, 2017
Pm me
Pemisire4ever:
Good afternoon all,

Please I need contact for naija passport agent. We are currently in Houston so please anybody with tanko contact should please assist us.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 7:32am On May 31, 2017
See bullying. The POE officer didn't know you were armed to the teeth.
Oloye12345:
Houston POE Experience!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 7:35am On May 31, 2017
Na today na him we no hear am for BBC CNN Algezira etc even self no protests that kind news no go hid now especially with Dede Trump as ship captain.
fasttrack:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by reniduke(f): 8:19am On May 31, 2017
Hi everyone, so my consignment from heaven, my princess grin arrived on May 16th, at Emory hospital midtown.
Here's my breakdown:
Emory 3900 VD, 425 anaes (baby came too fast, so no epidural)
Dr Brown 2850 (includes lab cost and post natal visits)
So normally i should get cash back, but my Bp shot up three days after delivery and I had to go to ER, so for that one, I just found out i will still have approx $1500 to still pay even after swallowing my credit for epidural.
Notwithstanding, I bless God cos im fine now and baby did not have any issues at all!
Once i get zero balance ill update this post.
Update:got zero balance after 4weeks. Takes emory a while to process. Got another bill for my dota's stay at emory,(there's even room listed on her bill, like say her bassinet na room) i called dem to ask why, they said its an error as it should have been zeroed alongside mine. So they zeroed that too. Missionary journey complete.

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by olokings(m): 8:26am On May 31, 2017
actually the birth cert issued in Nigeria states the place off birth and hospital (in the USA)

note that it's not necessarily the case that been born in the states always ends up in acquiring American citizenship.

anonymousmum:

Your write up above is irrelevant and does not answer the question.

A birth certificate is what it is - certifying the details surroundng the birth of a child (DOB, time of birth, location, etc)

So you have a birth certificate stating a person was born in Fort Bend County, USA.

Then you have one issued at Mafoluku Local Government stating you were born in Mafoluku General Hospital.

How does this make any sense?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 8:48am On May 31, 2017
Just go through the reasons stated in the paper given to you then repackage and reapply.

flow2davis:
It wasn’t a favorable outing.

I and hubby were as honest as we could, yet the VO handed us the green paper.
Yes, I told him I will be having my baby.

Transcript Edited….

The Q&A was just flowing that we thought it would end as we wished.

Mission to the state? = Vacation and I will be having my child
Your first Child? = Yes

How long have you been married = +1yr.

Asked what we do and where we work, told him: = Hubby works with a reputable (so..so n so) International firm and myself a civil servant for 6 & 1 yr(s) respectively.

He asked for a proof hubby had traveled before and he provided (W. Europe).

Sorry, you will find the reason for refusing you visa in the paper attached, you can reapply, I wish you goodluck next time… and returned our passports with the green sheet of paper

The rate of refusal was about 99% from my estimation, and the crowd at the Abuja office was like a crusade.

In all, WE Bless God.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by temmyo: 10:16am On May 31, 2017
olokings:
actually the birth cert issued in Nigeria states the place off birth and hospital (in the USA)

note that it's not necessarily the case that been born in the states always ends up in acquiring American citizenship.

Citizenship is not in question here. The issue is if one valid document already states place and date of birth, why do you need another?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 10:21am On May 31, 2017
olokings:

aside diplomats, where/who else does this apply? pls explain

Nefertitiram's explanation summarizes it all: You are entitled to only ONE BIRTH CERTIFICATE issued at your place of birth!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 11:24am On May 31, 2017
reniduke:
Hi everyone, so my consignment from heaven, my princess grin arrived on May 16th, at Emory hospital midtown.
Here's my breakdown:
Emory 3900 VD, 425 anaes (baby came too fast, so no epidural)
Dr Brown 2850 (includes lab cost and post natal visits)
So normally i should get cash back, but my Bp shot up three days after delivery and I had to go to ER, so for that one, I just found out i will still have approx $1500 to still pay even after swallowing my credit for epidural.
Notwithstanding, I bless God cos im fine now and baby did not have any issues at all!
Once i get zero balance ill update this post.

Congrats, God bless the LO!
We await your BA and BS at the other room!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fiwajoluwa(f): 2:47pm On May 31, 2017
I would even advice you find a better sponsor because why cant your husband sponsor will be the first question
when grown ass people cant sponsor themselves is another issue
People need to know getting a visa is all about showing how responsible you are and they also wanna know you are financially capable to handle the trip
Childbirth journey na real money dey kill am o even if it were to vacay purposes i doubt they would be happy to give you.
MIL pension to sponsor child birth. Kwa! Think am well o my sister and dont waste time and money

jukkybukwes:
Hello everyone. I'm new here, have been reading this thread for the past one month. I'm planning to have my 1st missionary journey (first time mum). -i'm yet to apply for visa coz I need some clarity. My MIL is the sponsor (we would be travelling together). she's a retiree who earns pension. However she just sold a property and the money was deposited into her account. This account is what she intends to present as her account statement for our trip, sure the amount in there Is more than enough for the missionary journey. My question is, since there's a sudden inflow of cash into the account, would that raise an eyebrow? Is there something to worry about? She's widely travelled so her passport isn't virgin.
Pls suggestions and advice are welcomed.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.