Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,178 members, 7,829,223 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (980244 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 10:17am On Jan 07, 2017
TripleKMama:
Arrival time JFK?
Pls if u've flown via JFK to Naija, wen did u arrive airport? How many hrs before Departure should I arrive?
Missionary journey winding up sofri sofri. So surreal. Adonbilivit grin

Flew Delta from JFK to Lagos .I arrived 3hrs before my departure time

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by titileps: 11:50am On Jan 07, 2017
anonymousmum:

Just use the same correspondence for application and poe. You can always change your mind when you enter.

Can you modify your post of yesterday to take out my email address please. Thanks

Done. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nozzle(m): 11:54am On Jan 07, 2017
dere5:

North Carolina Na one chance o. I would advice you stay away from there o. It was this exact mistake of "that's where I have relations" my friend/sister did and ended up with a bill of about $28k in 2015,she is still paying it now via payment plan. The same arrangement she had in north Carolina would have cost her about $7k if she had gone to Houston or Elpaso,and she would have spent max additional 5k for both feeding & accommodation. So pls run as far as you can from NC,except you find a hospital that has a package deal and you lock it down in black & white(pen & paper)

True talk o, i was considering it cos I have a very close friend thr, but when he told me it's goin to be pretty expensive without insurance, i had to pursue houston. In as much as many of us want to save cost..we shud do it wisely. It's possible u save cost on accommodation cos u probably av someone to stay with and end up lavishing it on hospitsl bills. Let's stick to places that's being tested and trusted. If u read from part 1 to 5, u will realise most hospitals nigerians use in houston and elpaso are within the $7k range it may be a little more though due to complications and all but to have a bill of $28k....
Hmmm at today's rate ..over 13m. 13m for delivery that child must be jesus christ, he must really be the saviour o grin

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Enkaylala2: 12:32pm On Jan 07, 2017
finegirlna:
Hello,
Any July mum travln June looking for cheap/ affordable apartment in Houston using west Houston medical center or Houston Methodist hospital or any close to Richmond. We can join together and try to rent and share the cost mayb a 2bed or 3bed depends. Interested ppl shud pm
Hi dear, don't know how the pm thing works but I'm interested
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pls me too. Thank you.

anonymousmum:

Hello Ify pls can you send to me also Thanks a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by psyche003: 1:40pm On Jan 07, 2017
Hi all. Happy New Year. May this year be even better than anything we've seen before.

Please, I need a little clarification. I applied for a medical visa with my mum as traveling companion. We got the visas, thank God. The thing is, I have to travel at 35 weeks and I want to go alone, then she and my husband can join me a week or so to my delivery date. (She has a business and even she isn't eager to abandon her work plus her husband for a whole two months abroad.)

My question is, shey I won't have any issues at the Houston POE? Will they ask about the traveling companion, will it be an issue that she's joining me three days weeks later?

Please help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mrsijayadachi: 1:48pm On Jan 07, 2017
Hello everyone happy new year. I really love Narialand because it is informative, this is my first post by the way. I am pregnant for twins and due to deliver by may, I want to travel to America(Atlanta) by February, but I am yet to pick a hospital. I need a very affordable priced hospital in Atlanta. Please your suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks people.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 07, 2017
Mrsijayadachi:
Hello everyone happy new year. I really love Narialand because it is informative, this is my first post by the way. I am pregnant for twins and due to deliver by may, I want to travel to America(Atlanta) by February, but I am yet to pick a hospital. I need a very affordable priced hospital in Atlanta. Please your suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks people.

Welcome to the thread, Atlanta Hospitals have been used and over used on this thread, so picking up a pen & paper and reading back through the previous parts& pages will really help you, this is a DIY thread and i'm certain you'll sure gain a whole lot more by reading back through the pages.

Please newbies on here let's try to read through before asking questions, you won't just come on here and say i'm having my baby in alaska I need affordable hospitals there, by so doing this thread will not progress please. If this was how it was from part one I bet it wouldn't have gotten here, what happened to the days where people researched came up with new Hospitals and doctors, made calls to the u.s and so on, please let's not be lazy.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 3:25pm On Jan 07, 2017
psyche003:
Hi all. Happy New Year. May this year be even better than anything we've seen before.

Please, I need a little clarification. I applied for a medical visa with my mum as traveling companion. We got the visas, thank God. The thing is, I have to travel at 35 weeks and I want to go alone, then she and my husband can join me a week or so to my delivery date. (She has a business and even she isn't eager to abandon her work plus her husband for a whole two months abroad.)

My question is, shey I won't have any issues at the Houston POE? Will they ask about the traveling companion, will it be an issue that she's joining me three days later?

Please help.

3 days or 3 weeks later?

I don't think it should be a problem. Last last if she already has a ticket you can hold it to show them she is joining later, closer to the delivery date.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kemex(f): 3:28pm On Jan 07, 2017
I'm trying to reach Justwise. Please who can help me with his contact?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by psyche003: 4:05pm On Jan 07, 2017
anonymousmum:

3 days or 3 weeks later?

I don't think it should be a problem. Last last if she already has a ticket you can hold it to show them she is joining later, closer to the delivery date.

I meant weeks. Lol. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 07, 2017
kemex:
I'm trying to reach Justwise. Please who can help me with his contact?

Pm him, i'm not sure anyone on here has his contact, justwise is a spirit grin

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ANIT1: 6:49pm On Jan 07, 2017
Hello julzz. When you used doctores Para ti did you pay for extra $ 100 aside from the $150 for tha appointment
julzz:

I went with-
Stock fish
Dry fish
Egusi
Ogbono
Crayfish
Blended dry pepper
Knorr (not chicken)
Salt
Dry sliced ukazi
Yam (some peeps mentioned there's ws seized though)
Pepper soup spices
Palm oil ( was collected at Lagos airport)
Rice ( was seized "grains are not allowed)
My indomie made it in smiley
Curry
Pap
Sachet tomatoes "gino"
Semolina
Garri
I carried provisions but you can get there( if you love golden morn carry cos you won't get else in a Nigeria store but expensive)
These are all I can remember though

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by julzz(f): 8:04pm On Jan 07, 2017
ANIT1:
Hello julzz. When you used doctores Para ti did you pay for extra $ 100 aside from the $150 for tha appointment

I didn't request for a letter from the doctor I think that's what the $100 is for, but I had gotten my visa before I contacted doctores Para ti, most people applying for visa prefer to get the letter to be on the safe side.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ANIT1: 8:20pm On Jan 07, 2017
julzz:

Thanks dear

I didn't request for a letter from the doctor I think that's what the $100 is for, but I had gotten my visa before I contacted doctores Para ti, most people applying for visa prefer to get the letter to be on the safe side.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 07, 2017
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 07, 2017
[quote author=julzz post=52619623]

I didn't request for a letter from the doctor I think that's what the $100 is for, but I had gotten my visa before I contacted doctores Para ti, most people applying for visa prefer to get the letter to be on the safe side.[/quote
[color=#006600][/color]
I just pmd u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bankwo7(f): 11:17pm On Jan 07, 2017
Please dear forward the attached to my email -agugela@yahoo.com. thank you.
Ifylicious:
Email sent to everybody who asked for the attachment . Even Houston north west fee is on review. So it will go up soon. I wonder why their prices are going up this year.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mommatriplets: 11:53pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pls who has links to cheap flights, cant remember the moniker again, she was posting a while back.
need cheap uk flights, cheapest i hv seen is 495k emirates
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by bissiejoe: 12:54am On Jan 08, 2017
Good day house,
Any info on cheap method to add baby ticket to mum's flight ticket? Please share
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by FADEO: 3:01am On Jan 08, 2017
To Open a bank account in USA.

I copied this from a nairaland page, Its not based on my personal experience but i believe some one will learn from it.

#COPIED

I had the opportunity of having a good time in LAS VEGAS for 2 weeks for an international conference and vacation, in the course of me flexing after the conference i found out that carrying large quantity of cash $$$ around wasn't a wise idea not due to security reasons but for the fact that when i get into the groove i probably might hand out a $100 bill thinking it was a $1 or $10 bill, made the mistake twice (Americans are honest) LOL wink grin grin I deemed it fit to open a bank account.
I choose Bank of America (BOA) because i made some research and found out that BOA is a better and wide spread bank across the US....
Stepping into the bank you probably think you are in a SPA getting ready for massage, manicure and pedicure... very cool environment with wonderful staff, with atm machines (Same machine) which you could either deposit cash into or could dispences cash to you... the items you need are:
1. Valid International Passport
2. Another Identification like PVC, National ID, Drivers license....
3. valid Address in the US
4. Naija Address
5. Minimum of $50
6. 3 security questions
7. Minimum 4 digit security code
8. Telephone number
9. Valid email address

After all the easy questions... they will issue you a temporary debit card with which you will go to the atm machine to deposit money into it, i recommend you deposit nothing less than $1500 into the account so that you dont have to pay $12 charge per month for maintaining the account or if you should open with less than $1500, then you should maintain the account by paying nothing less than $250 at one time monthly all to avoid the $12 charge. On or before 5 to 7 working days they will ship the permanent debit card to the American address you issued to them. Note the temporary card given to you is only valid for 30 days starting from the very day you open the account, when you get the Permanent debit card you can destory the temporary one.
There you have it, its very easy.

https://www.nairaland.com/2218666/how-open-bank-account-america#52626100

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 5:44am On Jan 08, 2017
What's going on here! No more new discoveries!! Everyone is trooping to the same place and newbies are busy exchanging email addresses and revealing travel plans to absolute strangers on a faceless forum undecided undecided

Let's all be careful o! This venture costs millions of naira. There are lots of hospitals; pick your phone, call and make progress!

Get a jotter, read and take notes. All these ' I want to give birth in US and lookin for cheap hospital, pls help' is very annoying! Dis is a DIY thread! I've successfully done 2 missionary journeys in 2 diff states and got ALL INFO from this thread! Read tru the past threads and effectively mk use of your search bar.

Good luck to all embarking on this journey

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 7:13am On Jan 08, 2017
mommatriplets:
Pls who has links to cheap flights, cant remember the moniker again, she was posting a while back.
need cheap uk flights, cheapest i hv seen is 495k emirates

cheap is relative, depending on your dates.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 7:15am On Jan 08, 2017
feddy27:
What's going on here! No more new discoveries!! Everyone is trooping to the same place and newbies are busy exchanging email addresses and revealing travel plans to absolute strangers on a faceless forum undecided undecided

Let's all be careful o! This venture costs millions of naira. There are lots of hospitals; pick your phone, call and make progress!

Get a jotter, read and take notes. All these ' I want to give birth in US and lookin for cheap hospital, pls help' is very annoying! Dis is a DIY thread! I've successfully done 2 missionary journeys in 2 diff states and got ALL INFO from this thread! Read tru the past threads and effectively mk use of your search bar.

Good luck to all embarking on this journey

The bolded is highly needed. Everyday my prayer point is to hammer 2017 to afford another birthing trip. All of you going this period. God is your muscle and He will line our pockets with dollars yafun yafun. Amen, Happy Sunday

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by foreverblessed: 7:16am On Jan 08, 2017
Mrsijayadachi:

Use the search button and search 'Northside Hospital Atlanta'. You'd find all the info on this hospital that you need. Check the distance between the hospital and where you'd be staying though. If you're within good distance, then the hospital comes highly recommended. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ifylicious: 8:36am On Jan 08, 2017
titileps:

Thank you. I got it.. I am really confuse. I am due in May and intend travelling at 36 weeks. They don't take wire transfers and you have to pay at 7 months. No letter to the embassy and all.

What do you advice please

Get a doctor for the letter. I have two options for hospital and doctor. So that when I go there , I will chose. But I got a letter from doc xydas
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by bissiejoe: 8:45am On Jan 08, 2017
TripleKMama:
I hope u saw my mail as I suggested u Go to d airport. Cos d time was close.
Hope dey sorted u out.
Please , I need your suggestion too cos I am also getting quotes of like 420$ on phone
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by bissiejoe: 8:48am On Jan 08, 2017
ubigurl:

Good day please I need help ooo,trying to add my infant to my ticket and BA are giving me a quote of 450 for an infant. I booked with wakanow. Plsss it's urgent my flight is this night

Please, can you share what you did about the infant ticket and the price you got it for.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debola23(f): 12:12pm On Jan 08, 2017
Good day house. It's awesome to see that this thread is still alive. Last time I used this thread for my birthing journey to Arizona (MIHS), we were still in the part 1.
Only for me to log in today and see part 5. Waow.!!! Kudos to everyone.
And compliments of the season.
Pls I have an urgent request. I have a friend who is due to travel this week to Phoenixeville, in Pennsylvania state. She ai already 35weeks and will be doing elective surgery. She is in desperate need of accommodation. And is ready to pay for it. Usually she goes for elecrive CS so she doesn't wait till she is 40weeks, and since this is her 3rd baby but first baby outside Nigeria. She is coming alone. She is ready to take care of her transportation too. Is there anyone who knows someone, who has a friend or cousin's sis,whose wife is related to her grandma's brother who can help us pleaee
Phonixeville area and environs. Pls do get in touch. I don't know how to PM and I am not allowed to drop phone numbs. Pls drop message here or email on dafolly@yahoo.com.
Thanks and God bless.

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.