Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,976 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. (48277 Views)

Photo: Bumps On My Penis, Help Please / How To Get Rid Of Bumps On The Back Of The Head And Neck / I Have A Reddish Swollen Bumps On My Penis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by DjSwaga(m): 11:19pm On Oct 30, 2016
Redfruit:

you have wasted time trying to explain your thoughts to that boy @silkmoth33. To me, he is just an overzealous anatomy student, perhaps in 2nd mbbbs class overjoyed at the prospects of putting his anatomy lectures to use without recourse to an advanced opinion from an elder with clinical knowledge and experience. Next time allow his ignorance fester besides he will soon know better.

@Silkmoth33, there is a reason we refer to our seniors as chief in the medical practice. Anatomy and biochemistry might inform your opinions but without clinical spicing, they will always be flawed. Learn to listen to your elders and when they make flaw-like opinions, don't build assumptions on it rather consult your texts. This was how one HO under me kept a px relative on perpetual misery when he prescribed "Gentamycin tabs"..the dude searched for the tabs in almost all the pharmacies around and kept rejecting the IV formular that he saw. Imagine my disappointment and embarrasment when the consultant got to hear of it......The man insulted my whole generations including unborn. I took the blame simply because am the senior, am supposed to know better, guide the HO and be specific with the formular of drug needed.

Back to the topic.....Am suspecting a staph infection. The bumps are possibly a consequence of scratching. Besides, the redness lays credence to my assmption plus fever may not be decisive here.

@op, what is the consistency?

Shebi God will kuku bless you. E go better jare

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 30, 2016
DjSwaga:

Shebi God will kuku bless you. E go better jare
grin grin

Abeg who u be? grin

Go sleep bro
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by othenok(f): 11:23pm On Oct 30, 2016
My 4 year old usually have similar bumps when he encounters allergens. I noticed it at 1 year 3 months but it usually resolves once he starts taking his allergy meds. it took very close monitoring to find out what his triggers were.

3 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 30, 2016
Johngates:
Thanks sir, but actually I have had a similar case and the infection can emanate from anywhere around the body.so let her try this vaccine that I will like to recommend for her.

A vaccine? grin for molluscum contagiosum

Is d vaccine to treat the molluscum or prevent the contagiosum
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Jsolomex(m): 11:39pm On Oct 30, 2016
Inshalord:
Good day all,

Please, I need your advice cos I believe before me people exist who have experienced this.
Doctors in the house abeg what could be d cause of this bumps,though we ve appointment with dermatologist next month 11th but also i will appreciate ur opinions before the appointed date.
Thanks

Go to the pharmacy and buy JAWACLOX.. Tank me letter
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Lagusta(m): 11:42pm On Oct 30, 2016
djgreenland:
Even professors still consult their textbooks.....

No professor would ever tolerate even a senior registrar referring him to his textbooks....

There is hierarchy in medicine all over the world.....

Don't you know that is why people say "medicine is a cult" ??

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Lagusta(m): 11:50pm On Oct 30, 2016
Silkmoth33:
Who did u type all this rubbish for?
undecided Boss pls don't demean urself!
U r a doctor for christ's sake.

Not once did I tell u that I was a medical student?

Not once did I tell u dat the diagnosis was infact a lymphadenopathy cos I remember clearly telling u that my differential was queriable.

How dis escalated into a pep fight for who is more superior in a discipline is beyond me.
Even after I decided to swallow ur own _fuck up by accepting dat I actually wronged you by being disrespectful, which I didn't; you still had the guts to call my inferior. grin

Ur behavior is shameful and funny enough I don't blame you. U should start looking for how to write ur primaries and stop knocking up hospital broads, only for u to come here to blab about obscene sexcapades. cheesy

For a doctor u are quick to pressume anything that comes to mind, which is dangerous. U have been insisting that it's not an enlarged lymph node on d lads head when u haven't examined or taking proper history or adequate investigations of the lumps.

U also assumed that there are no lymph nodes on the calvaria which I corrected for you. Ps read ur link for other details.

You now gave a cooked up analogy of how ur friend failed out of medical school.
I sha Hope u don't fail out of residency grin

For all this things uve being saying, lagusta; I've tried to accord u with the slight respect u should get from me as a fellow physician, but u clearly don't even deserve that.

See how uve been saying rubbish since about juniors and seniors.

I wasnt confident in u as a doctor b4, Sir but now I think u need to fall off ur own horse and do something about ur principles.

IMO You are a disgrace if u don't know where ur lymphnodes are.

Wish u all the best as u round up the NYSC if u never finish.

Finished my NYSC....

If you are really a doctor, you should know that passing primaries doesn't make one a successful doctor, as I have colleagues who have passed and are still looking for placements everywhere.....

And if, at this stage, you still believe lymph nodes are found in the scalp region, then I'm sorry for your medical career, I'm so sorry for the patients that would come and see you, I'm so sorry for the tutors that believed they imparted knowledge to you while they just wasted their time, and I'm so sorry for your parents for wasting time, money and energy on you....

Please go and check the anatomy of the scalp, check if there are lymph nodes there, and stop disgracing yourself and the medical profession as a whole.....

People like you are the reason why Nigerians complain about doctors here....

Anyway, no time to talk, got patients to see, while you got books to read....

Cheers!!!

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by nagodesmile18(f): 12:10am On Oct 31, 2016
Redfruit:

you have wasted time trying to explain your thoughts to that boy @silkmoth33. To me, he is just an overzealous anatomy student, perhaps in 2nd mbbbs class overjoyed at the prospects of putting his anatomy lectures to use without recourse to an advanced opinion from an elder with clinical knowledge and experience. Next time allow his ignorance fester besides he will soon know better.

@Silkmoth33, there is a reason we refer to our seniors as chief in the medical practice. Anatomy and biochemistry might inform your opinions but without clinical spicing, they will always be flawed. Learn to listen to your elders and when they make flaw-like opinions, don't build assumptions on it rather consult your texts. This was how one HO under me kept a px relative on perpetual misery when he prescribed "Gentamycin tabs"..the dude searched for the tabs in almost all the pharmacies around and kept rejecting the IV formular that he saw. Imagine my disappointment and embarrasment when the consultant got to hear of it......The man insulted my whole generations including unborn. I took the blame simply because am the senior, am supposed to know better, guide the HO and be specific with the formular of drug needed.

Back to the topic.....Am suspecting a staph infection. The bumps are possibly a consequence of scratching. Besides, the redness lays credence to my assmption plus fever may not be decisive here.

@op, what is the consistency?

gentamycin tab......kikiki....I laff in chinese,,,,
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by nagodesmile18(f): 12:12am On Oct 31, 2016
Redfruit:

@Silkmoth33, there is a reason we refer to our seniors as chief in the medical practice. Anatomy and biochemistry might inform your opinions but without clinical spicing, they will always be flawed. Learn to listen to your elders and when they make flaw-like opinions, don't build assumptions on it rather consult your texts. This was how one HO under me kept a px relative on perpetual misery when he prescribed "Gentamycin tabs"..the dude searched for the tabs in almost all the pharmacies around and kept rejecting the IV formular that he saw. Imagine my disappointment and embarrasment when the consultant got to hear of it......

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by nagodesmile18(f): 12:19am On Oct 31, 2016
Haba naa......we don't need all ds arguement and long sermon......pls u guys can sort ds out in camera...@Silkmoth33,lagusta and odas...it;s a kid health we ar talking about ehn....
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Lagusta(m): 12:26am On Oct 31, 2016
nagodesmile18:
Haba naa......we don't need all ds arguement and long sermon......pls u guys can sort ds out in camera...@Silkmoth33,lagusta and odas...it;s a kid health we ar talking about ehn....

Thank u jare, the boy that started the whole stuff is still adding charcoal to the fire.....
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Lagusta(m): 12:27am On Oct 31, 2016
nagodesmile18:

Wooooow, I just read that!!! Gentamicin tab!!!! cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by kenedy175(m): 12:29am On Oct 31, 2016
Lymph nodes on the scalp? What medical school does he attend? If you're not sure of what you're saying, it's better you keep shut. Gosh! !

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by toksbisola: 12:33am On Oct 31, 2016
@Op, am so touched for the little one, how is the little man doing? You need to see a Doctor ASAP preferably, a Dermatologist as just looking at the picture, it looks more like a staph infection as suggested by some other medic (which is what I think it is) but you never can have the correct diagnosis just by looking at the picture without seeing the patient physically to examine them and run some test to determine what is causing this exactly.

Please urgently seek medical attention just to be sure as well that there is no problem with his immune system. Also check that it is not as a result of anything included in his diet that has caused this reaction or even poor hygiene (pardon me, as I’m not saying that you're dirty). Please be quick on seeking medical help to reduce the pain that the little one might be going through.

Onegai has suggested a quick option of referring you to their dermatologist to see you faster; please think about it.

PS: At medics at war (lol; no offence hope none taken) can we all please stay calm and let this slide as we're all trying to help the little one; so lets do that and avoid any further altercation. Thank you for your cooperation.

I rest my case

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by nagodesmile18(f): 12:34am On Oct 31, 2016
Lagusta:

Thank u jare, the boy that started the whole stuff is still adding charcoal to the fire.....
uw......bt don't u tink dat word 'boy' is too harsh...
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 12:36am On Oct 31, 2016
Lagusta:

I'll get ur _ass schooled by ur HO before explaining to u.

I pray u pass ur primaries so u become eligible to be called a successful doctor as u put it.

grin

To do that, dearest bruv u need to know the contents or constituents of the scalp. More so the connetive tissue layer
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by vicksbaba(m): 12:42am On Oct 31, 2016
Silkmoth33:
Who did u type all this rubbish for?
undecided Boss pls don't demean urself!
U r a doctor for christ's sake.

Not once did I tell u that I was a medical student?

Not once did I tell u dat the diagnosis was infact a lymphadenopathy cos I remember clearly telling u that my differential was queriable.

How dis escalated into a pep fight for who is more superior in a discipline is beyond me.
Even after I decided to swallow ur own _fuck up by accepting dat I actually wronged you by being disrespectful, which I didn't; you still had the guts to call my inferior. grin

Ur behavior is shameful and funny enough I don't blame you. U should start looking for how to write ur primaries and stop knocking up hospital broads, only for u to come here to blab about obscene sexcapades. cheesy

For a doctor u are quick to pressume anything that comes to mind, which is dangerous. U have been insisting that it's not an enlarged lymph node on d lads head when u haven't examined or taking proper history or adequate investigations of the lumps.

U also assumed that there are no lymph nodes on the calvaria which I corrected for you. Ps read ur link for other details.

You now gave a cooked up analogy of how ur friend failed out of medical school.
I sha Hope u don't fail out of residency grin

For all this things uve being saying, lagusta; I've tried to accord u with the slight respect u should get from me as a fellow physician, but u clearly don't even deserve that.

See how uve been saying rubbish since about juniors and seniors.

I wasnt confident in u as a doctor b4, Sir but now I think u need to fall off ur own horse and do something about ur principles.

IMO You are a disgrace if u don't know where ur lymphnodes are.

Wish u all the best as u round up the NYSC if u never finish.

Silkmoth, in Clinical years, we're taught and bred in Knowledge, Skills and Attitude. The Tripod of Physicians and surgeons alike. You my friend lack Attitude, and the funny thing is that you're arguing blindly. The scalp has no lymph nodes, that's a common knowledge to all Medics. That is why you'd never see a metastatis of Papillary carcinoma of the Thyroid gland into the scalp -it spreads via lymphatics. There is lymphatic drainage of the scalp, but the lymph nodes them selves are not present on the scalp. Occipital group is located at the lateral border of the trapezius muscle, postauricular group lies at the back of the ear at the insertion of the sternocleidomastoid muscle. They are not located on the scalp.

Cc Lagusta please ignore the young man. He's not worth the argument

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by InvertedHammer: 12:45am On Oct 31, 2016
Silkmoth33:

who u epp?
Ur response is not related in anyway to our discussion.

What has d fact that u teach fellows got to do with speaking medical jargon.

This is the bullshiit hubris some of u medical personnel go about expressing.

You called me out for not explaining to the patient's mother in plain English, and I explained to you that it's not her but a colleague I was conversing with at the time.

Now u spew another blunder all for what? To publically embarrass urself or to gain respekt that is uncalled for. cheesy

Who does the fact that u teach fellows now help? The patient, his mom, chief lagusta serving his fatherland or me?

undecided
/
Humility goes a long way.

You are nothing yet.
\
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Lagusta(m): 12:47am On Oct 31, 2016
nagodesmile18:
uw......bt don't u tink dat word 'boy' is too harsh...

He would forever be a BOY to me unless he sheds that crappy attitude of his.....
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Lagusta(m): 12:48am On Oct 31, 2016
vicksbaba:

Silkmoth, in Clinical years, we're taught and bred in Knowledge, Skills and Attitude. The Tripod of Physicians and surgeons alike. You my friend lack Attitude, and the funny thing is that you're arguing blindly. The scalp has no lymph nodes, that's a common knowledge to all Medics. That is why you'd never see a metastatis of Papillary carcinoma of the Thyroid gland into the scalp -it spreads via lymphatics. There is lymphatic drainage of the scalp, but the lymph nodes them selves are not present on the scalp. Occipital group is located at the lateral border of the trapezius muscle, preauricular group lies at the back of the ear at the insertion of the sternocleidomastoid muscle. They are not located on the scalp.

God bless you sire....
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by DrEinstein: 12:51am On Oct 31, 2016
Hmm... What personality are you two of noble profession portraying to the word about what you claim you spend the most valuable years of your life studying.
The profession is so broad that you'll take the rest of your life learning one thing and the other. Some by proxy, some by contact, some by pictures such as this case. Now you both keep displaying your ignorance about what you don't have a clear cut information about. If you really do pass through a Med School were you not told what to do when you found cases beyond your comprehension, instead making weird diagnosis and telling us it's a diagnosis of exclusion, differential diagnosis and all sought of jargon. How do that solve the problem.. Please lets stop playing to the hands of those people who believe we only know how to read books without the application of it. It's not stuff at war
Recognize your ability, know that we all have limits, correct in love and always be ready to learn...
God bless the Noble profession
@ op please see a dermatologist, if he advice a scan you can then go for it.. Am not comfortable with that multiple calcified lesion the Lab called it.
We wish the young man a quick recovery. .
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 12:54am On Oct 31, 2016
Sir! With all due respect!
U have lost it!

U r a sage afterall
Im giving up on you! sad
InvertedHammer:

/
Humility goes a long way.

You are nothing yet.
\
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by kenedy175(m): 12:56am On Oct 31, 2016
vicksbaba:

Silkmoth, in Clinical years, we're taught and bred in Knowledge, Skills and Attitude. The Tripod of Physicians and surgeons alike. You my friend lack Attitude, and the funny thing is that you're arguing blindly. The scalp has no lymph nodes, that's a common knowledge to all Medics. That is why you'd never see a metastatis of Papillary carcinoma of the Thyroid gland into the scalp -it spreads via lymphatics. There is lymphatic drainage of the scalp, but the lymph nodes them selves are not present on the scalp. Occipital group is located at the lateral border of the trapezius muscle, postauricular group lies at the back of the ear at the insertion of the sternocleidomastoid muscle. They are not located on the scalp.

My brother, you're right. If this are the kind of medical doctors we produce in this country then we are finished. I was pretty surprised when he talked about lymph nodes in the skull. And he's still defending it. The thing dey do me like film. shocked
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by vicksbaba(m): 12:59am On Oct 31, 2016
DrEinstein:
Hmm... What personality are you two of noble profession portraying to the word about what you claim you spend the most valuable years of your life studying.
The profession is so broad that you'll take the rest of your life learning one thing and the other. Some by proxy, some by contact, some by pictures such as this case. Now you both keep displaying your ignorance about what you don't have a clear cut information about. If you really do pass through a Med School were you not told what to do when you found cases beyond your comprehension, instead making weird diagnosis and telling us it's a diagnosis of exclusion, differential diagnosis and all sought of jargon. How do that solve the problem.. Please lets stop playing to the hands of those people who believe we only know how to read books without the application of it. It's not stuff at war
Recognize your ability, know that we all have limits, correct in love and always be ready to learn...
God bless the Noble profession
@ op please see a dermatologist, if he advice a scan you can then go for it.. Am not comfortable with that multiple
lesion the Lab called it.
We wish the young man a quick recovery. .

Dr.Einstein, no senior Collegue would take disrespect from a junior college. It's not just right. The senior is almost always right. And in most cases, as this one, the senior was right.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by DrEinstein: 1:00am On Oct 31, 2016
[quote author=vicksbaba post=50640923]
Cc Lagusta please ignore the young man. He's not worth the argument [/quote
We are waiting for the drainages and tributaries chief, that's Hot stuff...
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by tripoli007(m): 1:03am On Oct 31, 2016
Walahi talahi .. Maka chukwu .. I just dey laff .. All this doctors I throway yansh for una ohhhh ..

Lymmppaamakagigotis of the emeperical embryo along the cervicle brocchuss undecided kiss

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 1:08am On Oct 31, 2016
Fact tho is, that when u know ur stuff! No idiot can bamboozle you. cheesy
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by amokeme(f): 1:09am On Oct 31, 2016
InvertedHammer:
Silkmoth33:

When a patient asks a question, learn to communicate in simple terms. That is health care delivery and not some flowery jargons and mumbo jumbo. Your goal is to heal and not to impress.
\
Exactly... But I see pride and Ego protection all over Lagusta replies... every medical doctor was once a medical student, so why emphasizing it like it's supposed to be a new knowledge?
Other doctors here stated what they feel might be the problem with genuine concern for the baby..(and that should be the primary concern of every doctor. Not trying to prove a point)
You felt the student was wrong? Correct him. And if he doesn't take it, then let it slide since professionally you are the "bigger" person
And @ Silkmoth33 yoy need to relax on the attitude
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by elobyobi: 1:16am On Oct 31, 2016
While you people were busy arguing, some of us noted that the request for the x-ray said that the swellings were calcified, probably because the examiner had palpated something hard in a couple of them. I'm one of those folks that unapologetically googles stuff that I don't know, cuz there's a LOT of stuff I don't know.
Someone look up "multiple trichilemmal cysts", and tell me what u find out.
Oh, and Lagusta and that silkworm dude, you two need to be examined. In the rectum. With a cucumber!
Just kidding. grin

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by vicksbaba(m): 1:20am On Oct 31, 2016
elobyobi:
While you people were busy arguing, some of us noted that the request for the x-ray said that the swellings were calcified, probably because the examiner had palpated something hard in a couple of them. I'm one of those folks that unapologetically googles stuff that I don't know, cuz there's a LOT of stuff I don't know.
Someone look up "multiple trichilemmal cysts", and tell me what u find out.
Oh, and Lagusta and that silkworm dude, you two need to be examined. In the rectum. With a cucumber!
Just kidding. grin

Since you like to google stuffs, why don't you google the word proctoscope??
...extra knowledge for you
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Freestainworld(m): 1:26am On Oct 31, 2016
if you are taking him to a private clinic, make sure it's a dermatologist who are specialist in this type of skin disorders to avoid aggreviating the condition the more.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by elobyobi: 1:27am On Oct 31, 2016
vicksbaba:

Since you like to google stuffs, why don't you google the word proctoscope??
...extra knowledge for you
Lol. E pain am grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive / Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos / Coronavirus: Dr. Amarachukwu Karen Allison Who Suspected Index Case In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.