Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,994 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. (48280 Views)

Photo: Bumps On My Penis, Help Please / How To Get Rid Of Bumps On The Back Of The Head And Neck / I Have A Reddish Swollen Bumps On My Penis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by vicksbaba(m): 2:17am On Oct 31, 2016
elobyobi:

Lol. E pain am
grin

LooooL... No ooo.... Pain ke??... I'm just trying to tell you that cucumber is not used to examine the rectum...

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by elobyobi: 2:37am On Oct 31, 2016
vicksbaba:

LooooL... No ooo.... Pain ke??... I'm just trying to tell you that cucumber is not used to examine the rectum...
What is it used to examine then? The "vestibule" abi? grin
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 2:52am On Oct 31, 2016
Hm! U did mention a human being(who was supposedly ur friend) that failed out of the Mbbs program.

I sure as hell hope that person was not vickybaba, cos d guy conjured up some trash from anywhere(as he is yet to understand what it means and paste here with a shrewed understanding) which u suprisingly agree with.

Stay away from such ppl, he has not helped ur situation at all. Pls do ur research on the nodes of the scalp and don't let this guy confuse u.

*But ppl wicked sha, how person go cite his own friend as example to teach moral lesson*
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 3:03am On Oct 31, 2016
Silkmoth33:

Beneath the s.c.a.l. excluding the periosteum Sir, are post auricular, Pre auricular, occipital, parietal and mastoid group of lymph nodes Sir. They can become superficial when enlarged.

If u recall they are d ones sought after when we do general examinations

They are not really on the scalp sir.... and the only parietal lymph nodes I know of are in the thorax. post auricular nodes are in the trapezius muscle and mastoid too are not really on the scalp, i will like to know why you said those lymphnodes are on the scalp, I'm willing to learn sir, there may be a reason after all, Thanks

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 3:15am On Oct 31, 2016
ahkenaten:

They are not really on the scalp sir.... and the only parietal lymph nodes I know of are in the thorax. post auricular nodes are in the trapezius muscle and mastoid too are not really on the scalp, i will like to know why you said those lymphnodes are on the scalp, I'm willing to learn sir, there may be a reason after all, Thanks
Don't say what u r not sure of!
There is nothing like "they are not really on d scalp" are dey floating or inside th scalp?

The Parietal lymph nodes u r talking about are not on any thorax. The name of the lymph node has to correspond with the position of that node, anatomically. It is related to the parietal bone. Of the skull bones. Just as the mastoid and occipital lymph nodes are related to their respective temporal and occipital bones respectively.

It's been years I flipped thru an anatomy text but these I know much, cos the scalp encompasses the entire head from which ur hair springs out.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 3:18am On Oct 31, 2016
From ur diagram u should be able to point to 3 of the lymph nodes I tried to teach him.

wink
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 3:21am On Oct 31, 2016
Silkmoth33:

The Parietal lymph nodes u r talking about are not on any thorax. The name of the lynph node describes the position of that node, anatomically. It is related to the parietal bone. Of the skull bones. Just as the mastoid and occipital lymph nodes are related to their respective temporal and occipital bones respectively.

It's been years I flipped thru an anatomy text but these I know much, cos the scalp encompasses the entire head from which ur hair springs out.

I understand you perfectly sir, but then, I dont think there are really lymph nodes associated with the parietal bone and located in the scalp, and I think occipital and mastoid nodes are not really on the scalp either... I'm still trying to wrap around why you said they were on the scalp sir, can you please provide a link, anatomy textbooks are saying otherwise, but then they might be wrong and you might be right, thats why there are revised editions year in year out, Thanks sir.

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 3:23am On Oct 31, 2016
Silkmoth33:
From ur diagram u should be able to point to 3 of the lymph nodes I tried to teach him.

wink

yeah thats true sir, but they are not designated as being on the scalp per se... They were named according to regions and not really as per the name of the bones. Both are closely related to muscles
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 3:24am On Oct 31, 2016
Finally someon who wants to learn!
Where is the scalp?
What is it's extent?
ahkenaten:

I understand you perfectly sir, but then, I dont think there are really lymph nodes associated with the parietal bone and located in the scalp, and I think occipital and mastoid nodes are not really on the scalp either... I'm still trying to wrap around why you said they were on the scalp sir, can you please provide a link, anatomy textbooks are saying otherwise, but then they might be wrong and you might be right, thats why there are revised editions year in year out, Thanks sir.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 3:26am On Oct 31, 2016
ahkenaten:

yeah thats true sir, but they are not designated as being on the scalp per se... They were named according to regions and not really as per the name of the bones. Both are closely related to muscles

Which region is d occipital region besides the bone? Or mastoid region without the mastoid part of the temporal bone
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 3:29am On Oct 31, 2016
Silkmoth33:

Don't say what u r not sure of!
There is nothing like "they are not really on d scalp" are dey floating or inside th scalp?

The Parietal lymph nodes u r talking about are not on any thorax. The name of the lymph node has to correspond with the position of that node, anatomically. It is related to the parietal bone. Of the skull bones. Just as the mastoid and occipital lymph nodes are related to their respective temporal and occipital bones respectively.

I was talking about these nodes sir, and i was quite sure of them, what i wasnt sure of are the parietal nodes you talked about associated with the parietal bone

see attached pic sir.

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 3:32am On Oct 31, 2016
Or kukuma quote ur anatomy textbook or screenshot if u can and upload. Cos I suspect u don't understand it, with the way u r using "per se" in anatomy

I reserve my own sources for now.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 3:36am On Oct 31, 2016
Silkmoth33:

Which region is d occipital region besides the bone? Or mastoid region without the mastoid part of the temporal bone

The occipital region was not named after the occipital bone sir, it was coined from occiput,which means back Ife the head, and mastoid also was coined from a word meaning "something that looks like breast". The bones themselve are just not even the primary reasons for naming the region.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 3:37am On Oct 31, 2016
ahkenaten:

I was talking about these nodes sir, and i was quite sure of them, what i wasnt sure of are the parietal nodes you talked about associated with the parietal bone

see attached pic sir.

Search for the scalp nodes. The scalp nodes not the nodes of the parietal pleura and peritoneum. Scalp nodes
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 3:38am On Oct 31, 2016
Silkmoth33:

The occipital region was not named after the occipital bone sir, it was coined from occiput,which means back Ife the head, and mastoid also was coined from a word meaning "something that looks like breast". The bones themselve are just not even the primary reasons for naming the region.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 3:41am On Oct 31, 2016
Silkmoth33:

Search for the scalp nodes. The scalp nodes not the nodes of the parietal pleura and peritoneum. Scalp nodes

yeah thats what I'm saying sir, there are no scalp nodes at all, according to all sources here, anatomy textbooks... the scalp is drained into nodes that are closely related to it, but not in it, those nodes mentioned are not really classified as scalp nodes, but maybe the textbooks are wrong, I can never be too sure. Thats why I asked for a link or a page number to check from in a textbook sir. I'm always happy to learn

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 3:42am On Oct 31, 2016
ahkenaten:

No dear boy! The occipital region corresponds to the occipital bone, both within and external.
To the point the corresponding surfaces of the brain adjacent to the bones dey face bear those names

So also the lymph nodes and vessels and nerves share those names.

The mastoid bone is a part of the temporal bone that lies at the pinna region
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 3:51am On Oct 31, 2016
It will be most difficult to understand where the nodes are at this point since u don't understand what the regions of the skull are.

But just imagine the scalp!
A five layered structure consisting of(from outside to inside) skin, connective tissue, aponeurosis, loose connective tissue and periosteum(the periosteum is ur skull bone)

Meaning a part of ur skull bone is part of the scalp. The part of the skull bone is what is accurately known as the scalp not head
Picture From the frontal prominence where ur hair starts to the part under the occipital protuberance where u start feeling the trapezius muscle
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 3:51am On Oct 31, 2016
Silkmoth33:

No dear boy! The occipital region corresponds to the occipital bone, both within and external.
To the point the corresponding surfaces of the brain adjacent to the bones dey face bear those names

So also the lymph nodes and vessels and nerves share those names.

The mastoid bone is a part of the temporal bone that lies at the pinna region

Sir, lol i would rather not be called "boy" sir, i find that condescending.
now i never disputed the occipital bone is not found in the region, neither did i say anything contratry to the part about the mastoid too,

What I am saying sir, is that the bone is occipital bone got its name from occiput, which means region that is located at the back of the head and therefore it would be wrong to say that occipital region is about the bone alone as you pointed out, rather a lot of things apart from the bone are located at the occipital region, and thus occipital nodes need not be associated with the occipital bones, but the region, which in this case the node is on the trapezius. so its not a scalp node. I was just asking for you to bring a link or a page no for me to check otherwise.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 3:57am On Oct 31, 2016
Silkmoth33:
It will be most difficult to understand where the nodes are at this point since u don't understand what the regions of the skull are.

But just imagine the scalp!
A five layered structure consisting of(from outside to inside) skin, connective tissue, aponeurosis, loose connective tissue and periosteum(the periosteum is ur skull bone)

Meaning a part of ur skull bone is part of the scalp. The part of the skull bone is what is accurately known as the head.
Picture From the frontal prominence where ur hair starts to the part under the occipital protuberance where u start feeling the trapezius muscle

Sir! That is an insult!!

besides, thanks for the description of the scalp!!! Now an occiptal node that is not in anyway located in all these five regions of the scalp but on a muscle atop these layers!! is telling you that it does not qualified to be called a scalp node!, it is on the trapezius, the shrugging muscle, innervated by the accesory cranial nerve 11, the muscle has 3 parts, the first part elevates the shoulder joint, 2nd part retracts the scapula, 3rd part draws down the scapular and also is a boundary of tge auscultation triangle!! dont insult me sir!. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 4:06am On Oct 31, 2016
ahkenaten:

Sir, lol i would rather not be called "boy" sir, i find that condescending.
now i never disputed the occipital bone is not found in the region, neither did i say anything contratry to the part about the mastoid too,

What I am saying sir, is that the bone is occipital bone got its name from occiput, which means region that is located at the back of the head and therefore it would be wrong to say that occipital region is about the bone alone as you pointed out, rather a lot of things apart from the bone are located at the occipital region, and thus occipital nodes need not be associated with the occipital bones, but the region, which in this case the node is on the trapezius. so its not a scalp node. I was just asking for you to bring a link or a page no for me to check otherwise.

Dear sweet lad! The occipital region which includes the bone itself extends from the lambda to where it articulates wit the mandible is it not?
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 4:12am On Oct 31, 2016
Sorry if I insulted u son! wink but the point about the nodes is, the scalp of ur head encompasses the nodes on the mastoid, the occipital bone and preauricular zone in front of the ear.

Because that is d extent of ur scalp wink

Sources witheld still!
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 4:14am On Oct 31, 2016
Silkmoth33:

Dear sweet lad! The occipital region which includes the bone itself extends from the lambda to where it articulates wit the mandible is it not?

Hark sir! another insult!, well sir, inasmuch as this is not even what all thess is about, maybe you have practised for so long and your anatomy is a little bit rusty, those things you mentioned, lambda and point of articulation only refers to the bone alone! Occpital region is much more than osteology alone, you should talk about the angiology, myology and innervation, lymphatics of a region so sir, the geography of the *region * you gave is wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 4:17am On Oct 31, 2016
Silkmoth33:
Sorry if I insulted u son! wink but the point about the nodes is, the scalp of ur head encompasses the nodes on the mastoid, the occipital bone and preauricular zone in front of the ear.

Because that is d extent of ur scalp wink

Sources witheld still!

Lol, this is now getting funny, i will ask a question now sir, is the trapeziuz muscle part of the scalp, according to the description you gave?
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 4:21am On Oct 31, 2016
Please, because i'm using "sir", don't be getting any ideas, the sirs i've been using were serving a purpose.
I cannot fathom why you do not want to reveal your "sources" in order to corroborate your point. Doing that itself has pointed out that there is no point in this argy-bargy I've subscribed to. Have a nice day sir.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 4:23am On Oct 31, 2016
ahkenaten:

Hark sir! another insult!, well sir, inasmuch as this is not even what all thess is about, maybe you have practised for so long and your anatomy is a little bit rusty, those things you mentioned, lambda and point of articulation only refers to the bone alone! Occpital region is much more than osteology alone, you should talk about the angiology, myology and innervation, lymphatics of a region so sir, the geography of the *region * you gave is wrong.

the occipital region is d region around that bone, the vessels, muscles and nerves and the parts of the brain adjacent to the bone around that region also share the names of the bone as a result, they are also within that region.

So also the nodes at the occipital region.

The scalp is that region hair grows from ur head whether boy or girl and so the occipital node is a part of the scalp.

How is dis modern greek?
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 4:29am On Oct 31, 2016
ahkenaten:
Please, because i'm using "sir", don't be getting any ideas, the sirs i've been using were serving a purpose.
I cannot fathom why you do not want to reveal your "sources" in order to corroborate your point. Doing that itself has pointed out that there is no point in this argy-bargy I've subscribed to. Have a nice day sir.

No! Dear child, I have decided not to hand it down to the guy who started all this on a silver platter. I'm not going to do his homework for him. grin

Sorry if it seems unbecoming.

Good day to the argy-bargy chit-chat
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 4:33am On Oct 31, 2016
Silkmoth33:

the occipital region is d region around that bone, the vessels, muscles and nerves and the parts of the brain adjacent to the bone around that region also share the names of the bone as a result, they are also within that region.

So also the nodes at the occipital region.

The scalp is that region hair grows from ur head whether boy or girl and so the occipital node is a part of the scalp.

How is dis modern greek?

Lol geez...did you just type that sir!... lol, after I corrected what you wrote up there, about the occipital region spreading from lambda to the point of afticulation, you tried to do damage control by typing these and still made some errors, occipital region was not named after the bone, rather the bone was named because it is found in the posterior area of the head, the latin for posterior region of the head is occiput, which i have pointed out earlier, the bone derived its name from the region and not otherwise!!

A reminder sir! is trapeziuz muscle part of the scalp?

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 4:34am On Oct 31, 2016
Silkmoth33:

No! Dear child, I have decided not to hand it down to the guy who started all this on a silver platter. I'm not going to do his homework for him. grin

Sorry if it seems unbecoming.

Good day to the argy-bargy chit-chat

Bye, tho my last question was not answered, it almost looked as if you were running and you really didnt impress me, to say the least, you were against what somebody said, you said somthing contrary to that and then the isssue of keeping your sources to yourself, sources that defy all modern textbooks is funny. But hey, Thank God this is all over. Have a nice week

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 4:44am On Oct 31, 2016
I sha hope it was not google u were using all along tho! Get standard texts for nigerian med school cry I feel bad that I've not helped u. Really sorry, mate. Goodbye
ahkenaten:

Bye, tho my last question was not answered, it almost looked as if you were running and you really didnt impress me, to say the least, you were against what somebody said, you said somthing contrary to that and then the isssue of keeping your sources to yourself, sources that defy all modern textbooks is funny. But hey, Thank God this is all over. Have a nice week
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ahkenaten(m): 4:53am On Oct 31, 2016
Silkmoth33:
I sha hope it was not google u were using all along tho! Get standard texts for nigerian med school cry I feel bad that I've not helped u. Really sorry, mate. Goodbye

My current location is the university of Ibadan, that should give ypu a hint to the type of person you are conversing with.

Secondly, you with the witheld sources are the main suspect of using google and not me, perhaps i should send a picture of my numerous medical books which your "source" is so against, so you will have a piece of mind don't drag this on, just let it go.

My question is still unanswered, i guess because there wont be a clear cut google answer to it, lemme remind you again, its a basic question.

Is the trapezius part of the scalp?

you are conversing with a very intelligent person, pick your replies well.

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Ebulonse(m): 4:56am On Oct 31, 2016
Doctors in the house: I have a boy of about 3yrs with d same bumps on his scalp but in his case is having steady cattarh coming out from his nose n also constant fever n always scracthing his body..what could possibly be d cause

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive / Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos / Coronavirus: Dr. Amarachukwu Karen Allison Who Suspected Index Case In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.