Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. (48252 Views)

Photo: Bumps On My Penis, Help Please / How To Get Rid Of Bumps On The Back Of The Head And Neck / I Have A Reddish Swollen Bumps On My Penis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ntuedor(m): 8:53pm On Oct 30, 2016
Greetings, kindly apply O2 Drops, Stabilized Liquid Oxygen, an Oxygen Supplement. Its very effective, Oxygen at the Cellular level, used by Adults and Children. Apply it sublingual and and use it to rub on it. Within a week, it will clear off. Nick

1 Share

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by tjskii(f): 8:54pm On Oct 30, 2016
Happened to my kid too, when he was about 2years,the doc gave me biocoten cream, the one in a tube, to put on it, it went away after a couple of days.. I think it's an allergic reaction to something, though I never quite figured it out, I stopped putting dettol in his bathing water, and changed his bathing soap,just to be on the safe side, I also changed his hair cream, I remember it had coconut oil in it,

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by GoldHorse(m): 8:54pm On Oct 30, 2016
Inshalord:
Good day all,

Please, I need your advice cos I believe before me people exist who have experienced this.
Doctors in the house abeg what could be d cause of this bumps,though we ve appointment with dermatologist next month 11th but also i will appreciate ur opinions before the appointed date.
Thanks

I will try not to chastise you....

....but pleaseeeee anything concerning a child's health (I have one close to his age) should be treated as if it is an emergency ESPECIALLY ones we do not understand. To me you have waited too long. All the bumps did not develop in one day and overnight. If you have confirmed from him that it was not as a result of him hitting his head on a hard surface you should have taken him to the hospital immediately even just to hear the doctor's opinion.

It is better, where our children's health are concerned, to look very stupid and "pamperish" to the doctors than to be late in acting. Please take him to a good hospital ASAP.

God Speed!!!

4 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Johngates(m): 8:54pm On Oct 30, 2016
Madam what has infected your child is a viral disease and many parents like you too have not noticed.It is called Molluscum Contagiosum.Although molluscum contagiosum is a common skin rash in kids, many parents have never heard of it. The most important thing to know is that for most children, the rash is no big deal and goes away on its own over time.Molluscum contagiosum is a viral infection that causes a mild skin rash. The rash looks like one or more small growths or wart-like bumps (called mollusca) that are usually pink, white, or skin-colored. The bumps are usually smooth and shiny or pearly-looking, and may have an indented center.Infection is most common among kids between 1 and 12 years old.for more info, solution and vaccines.call 08032807658 please only serious minded people calls are entertained.

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by onatisi(m): 8:55pm On Oct 30, 2016
okonja:

I tire ooo...them just dey show themselves upandan angry
Dont mind them,they have been talking trash all along. This is a common infection that happens to little boys. Even roadside herbalists will give them herbs to cure it. Those 2 are just talking big grammar

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by flavorlyiced: 8:56pm On Oct 30, 2016
I am not a doctor but I think your son is reacting to something, probably hair cream. Did you change his hair cream? Do you cream his head. You probably might have to stop for a while. A friend's son once reacted this way an the paediatrician advised she stopped any form of cream/oil on his head as the boys skin was still to tender and creaming wasbt necessary. The natural skin was just fine. The boy out grew it and is fine now. However, pls keep the doctors appointment. It is well with your son.

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by onatisi(m): 8:57pm On Oct 30, 2016
Johngates:
Madam what has infected your child is a viral disease is many parents like you have not noticed is called Molluscum Contagiosum.Although molluscum contagiosum is a common skin rash in kids, many parents have never heard of it. The most important thing to know is that for most children, the rash is no big deal and goes away on its own over time.Molluscum contagiosum is a viral infection that causes a mild skin rash. The rash looks like one or more small growths or wart-like bumps (called mollusca) that are usually pink, white, or skin-colored. The bumps are usually smooth and shiny or pearly-looking, and may have an indented center.Infection is most common among kids between 1 and 12 years old.for more info, solution and vaccines.call 08032807658 please only serious minded people calls are entertained.
God bless you hate. You sabi the job wella . No big grammar ,straight to the point. This is where experience comes in and not textbook medicine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ziga: 8:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
Silkmoth33:

Beneath the s.c.a.l. excluding the periosteum Sir, are post auricular, Pre auricular, occipital, parietal and mastoid group of lymph nodes Sir. They can become superficial when enlarged.

If u recall they are d ones sought after when we do general examinations

No lymph nodes on the calvarium sir.

Those groups you listed are not in on the calvarium.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by countsparrow: 9:04pm On Oct 30, 2016
emymeeky:
angry This is called okpu is eri ego. The blade that barbs hair without collecting money .

Try using penicillin

grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by ntuedor(m): 9:04pm On Oct 30, 2016
You can contact me on WhatsApp / Call 07068678594. It works, you will be the one to talk about its efficacy here. O2 Drops Works!
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by InvertedHammer: 9:05pm On Oct 30, 2016
Silkmoth33:

When a patient asks a question, learn to communicate in simple terms. That is health care delivery and not some flowery jargons and mumbo jumbo. Your goal is to heal and not to impress.
\

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by DrAda(f): 9:05pm On Oct 30, 2016
Johngates:
Madam what has infected your child is a viral disease and many parents like you too have not noticed.It is called Molluscum Contagiosum.Although molluscum contagiosum is a common skin rash in kids, many parents have never heard of it. The most important thing to know is that for most children, the rash is no big deal and goes away on its own over time.Molluscum contagiosum is a viral infection that causes a mild skin rash. The rash looks like one or more small growths or wart-like bumps (called mollusca) that are usually pink, white, or skin-colored. The bumps are usually smooth and shiny or pearly-looking, and may have an indented center.Infection is most common among kids between 1 and 12 years old.for more info, solution and vaccines.call 08032807658 please only serious minded people calls are entertained.

Now this is getting interesting.
My dear, those lesions can never be molluscum contagiosum. I have spent 6 years as a resident doctor in Paediatrics and I have seen quite a number of molluscum contagiosum cases and they don't look like that. I must say that I am rather surprised it was even considered as a differential diagnosis. Again @op, wait for the dermatologist. If you had come to me, that will be my advice. Those lesions don't look like it is of an infectious origin. An experienced dermatologist can make the Diagnosis just by inspection only. I have sent your kids pics to a dermatologist, expecting her reply.

4 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Awalong(m): 9:08pm On Oct 30, 2016
My kid brother own may be a different case sha, but we used shea butter.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by KAYD007(m): 9:10pm On Oct 30, 2016
aaaah! Na who dey give the pikin konk for head? haba...see as angulu just dey swell for hm head like wey dey receive spiritual knocks....dokitas in the house.,oya over to you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by DBDaniel(m): 9:13pm On Oct 30, 2016
Give the baby an Antibiotic drug it will suppress the boil
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Chartey(m): 9:14pm On Oct 30, 2016
onatisi:

God bless you hate. You sabi the job wella . No big grammar ,straight to the point. This is where experience comes in and not textbook medicine

DrAda:

My dear, those lesions can never be molluscum contagiosum. I have spent 6 years as a resident doctor in Paediatrics and I have seen quite a number of molluscum contagiosum cases and they don't look like that. I must say that I am rather surprised it was even considered as a differential diagnosis. Again @op, wait for the dermatologist. If you had come to me, that will be my advice. Those lesions don't look like it is of an infectious origin. An experienced dermatologist can make the Diagnosis just by inspection only. I have sent your kids pics to a dermatologist, expecting her reply.
He's no doctor. Most likely a trado-medical practitioner and he doesn't know what he's saying. Wants to defraud poor people.

1 Like

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Johngates(m): 9:15pm On Oct 30, 2016
Thanks sir, but actually I have had a similar case and the infection can emanate from anywhere around the body.so let her try this vaccine that I will like to recommend for her.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by nelszx: 9:15pm On Oct 30, 2016
Do the head lumps exudes pus?
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 30, 2016
I wasn't talking to the mother, I was discussing with lagusta

Sorry to burst ur bubble, but only a medical personnel is meant to understand what I was posting. undecided
Sir Lagusta is one, hence my reason for conversing in latin.

*Only men are allowed to see a masqurade!*

InvertedHammer:
Silkmoth33:

When a patient asks a question, learn to communicate in simple terms. That is health care delivery and not some flowery jargons and mumbo jumbo. Your goal is to heal and not to impress.
\
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by onionsoup(f): 9:17pm On Oct 30, 2016
Inshalord:

No constant fever noted...
He also doesn't feel any pains when touched or pressed.
Can't wait a whole 2 weeks fr an appointment
Will tk him to another hospital tmrw.
Thanks

Good decision. God bless and heal in Jesus name.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Johngates(m): 9:18pm On Oct 30, 2016
Thanks sir, but i have actually had a similar cas and the infection can emanate from anywhere around the body.so let her try this vaccine that I will like to recommend for her.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Inshalord: 9:18pm On Oct 30, 2016
DrAda:

Ok..thanks
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by InvertedHammer: 9:20pm On Oct 30, 2016
Silkmoth33:
I wasn't talking to the mother, I was discussing with lagusta

Sorry to burst ur bubble, but only a medical personnel is meant to understand what I was posting. undecided
Sir Lagusta is one, hence my reason for conversing in latin.

*Only men are allowed to see a masqurade!*

/
It is very nice of you to assume that I didn't understand you.

I teach people way beyond your level. Fellows. Yes. You heard that right.

Take care.
\

4 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by adanny01(m): 9:20pm On Oct 30, 2016
Am not trying to judge

Lagusta:

Me kee, fight with someone below my standard?? God forbid!!!

Lagusta:

He is not a medical personnel, he is a medical student who doesn't know anything about ethics, then called me out in public.....

That I can never tolerate.....

You've got an ego quite alright. When handling a kid wear kids glove. Am not a Dr but You had the chance to explain and you didn't even make a point.

Silkmoth33:
Like I have been saying, anything is possible.
If u still don't think lymph nodes are in d scalp then ild advice u to seek tutorship from our old textbooks or their latest edition equivalents.

You can't afford to let ur ego be reduced by a medical student, Sir. These basic things should not be forgotten for the sake of our pride as doctors.

Cunninghams or last should do d trick

And you've got too much nerves and that makes you rude. Quite some ego to go with.

ziga:

And this is the continuation or end to the matter.

4 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 30, 2016
ziga:

Okay! smiley

U see that link lagusta posted on the first page! It's a grays anatomy textbook link, I want u to Click it.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by obstead200(m): 9:29pm On Oct 30, 2016
DrAda:

I don't know why u bothered to reply that guy.
He is obviously not a doctor. Just a medicine salesman that travel around fooling the non enlightened into buying useless products

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Drphemmy4u: 9:30pm On Oct 30, 2016
Inshalord:

Union diagnostics services
Multiple calcified skull lump
Plain skull xray...
will go with him for the Xray tmrw morning.
Thanks
those are not likely from an infection as they are not reddish or painful.Also,they cant be enlarged lymph nodes.skull xray??indication:multiple calcified skull lumps?i will advice u wait and see a dermatologist before u subject the kid to ionizing radiation in form of xray.A Dermatologist should know better.By the way,a dermatologist is likely to order a biopsy rather than xray.At least first if need be.
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 30, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
It is very nice of you to assume that I didn't understand you.

I teach people way beyond your level. Fellows. Yes. You heard that right.

Take care.
\

who u epp?
Ur response is not related in anyway to our discussion.

What has d fact that u teach fellows got to do with speaking medical jargon.

This is the bullshiit hubris some of u medical personnel go about expressing.

You called me out for not explaining to the patient's mother in plain English, and I explained to you that it's not her but a colleague I was conversing with at the time.

Now u spew another blunder all for what? To publically embarrass urself or to gain respekt that is uncalled for. cheesy

Who does the fact that u teach fellows now help? The patient, his mom, chief lagusta serving his fatherland or me?

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by DjSwaga(m): 9:32pm On Oct 30, 2016
Silkmoth33:
Fascinating

This goes beyond tinea, pityriasis or any fungal infection

I just hope those aren't enlarged lymph nodes

Lol at lymph nodes
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by Pain(m): 9:34pm On Oct 30, 2016
Get him some strong antibiotics and change his barber!!
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by DjSwaga(m): 9:35pm On Oct 30, 2016
Silkmoth33:

Beneath the s.c.a.l. excluding the periosteum Sir, are post auricular, Pre auricular, occipital, parietal and mastoid group of lymph nodes Sir. They can become superficial when enlarged.

If u recall they are d ones sought after when we do general examinations

Another funny one
Re: Multiple Bumps On My 3-Year-Old Boy Scalp. by bengasyll(m): 9:36pm On Oct 30, 2016
U must be a medic [ m) quote author=Silkmoth33 post=50623856]Fascinating

This goes beyond tinea, pityriasis or any fungal infection

I just hope those aren't enlarged lymph nodes[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills / What Helps You Sleep At Night? / Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.