Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,607 members, 7,955,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:21 PM

Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn (45786 Views)

Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th / Saraki Saves Buhari’s Proposal From Senate rejection / Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by Realist2: 7:24am On Nov 02, 2016
legendte:
Arrest go soon start

My brother ! , you see em wella , raiding of houses, arrest of senators and discovery of £, $, and even naira by the DSS will soon start.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by iconaus: 7:51am On Nov 02, 2016
Thank God it was rejected .. he wants the money to buy arms and fight and kill Niger delta and Biafrans
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by RillJ(m): 8:20am On Nov 02, 2016
he Lobbying will now start full fledge;
- call in debts and favours from loyal Senate members
- Hoodwink the 'undecided' ones to get their consent; subtle bribery (cash, position, EFCC mercy etc)
- Browbeat the determined resistances with EFCC investigations etc
- Do all of the above till you get the required majority consent vote
Then present the 'Senate consent' based on diplomatic, win-win, face-save channel; after an in-dept review of the presented facts, the Senate sees the loan as necessary.

Please do tell;
- Why did the Presidency fail/refuse to included 'all the needed documents and materials for the loan approval' when they sent the proposal for consideration.
- Who was/is taking who for granted.
- What is the requirement for such consideration and probable approval in normal circumstance
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by Lilimax(f): 8:25am On Nov 02, 2016
@ Sibrah: Why do you bent on defending this administration that have failed the masses thereby making yourself sound stupid so to say. (No offense meant). To me this adminitration have no direction of where they are going.... shocked

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by Amanwulu1(m): 8:29am On Nov 02, 2016
Wit all due respect, I don't thk u made any sense by ur responses to d posts u quoted. Could u pls re-read d posts n d original post, as a neutral, to see what I'm saying.
Sibrah:
To do what jonathan did with the debt he left us . . .

Please tell me, Was there no Abacha loot when Jonathan was busy borrowing? Keep the hate going pls . . .

I thought some persons claimed the SE was excluded from the projects the loan was being prepared for. If the details of the loan isn't known, how did the SE conclude that the projects doesn't include them?
Maybe the govt should prepare a Bill of Quantity (BoQ) detailing things like cements, nail, gravel and labour for the wailing senate.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by obailala(m): 8:31am On Nov 02, 2016
ehissi:

Any given day, I'd rather be called ignorant - asking simple questions is the cure - than talk issues like a paid zombie (for which there is no clear cure).

The link you shows only proves what I have always said but zombies no dey gree make I hia word. That the government has allegedly "recovered" huge sums of cash/assets returned by looters who are begging for mercy not to go to jail.

I ask a simple question, will a man seek to return criminal proceeds wilfully in the absence of a plea deal?? Abi EFCC and DSS don dey use jazz dey interrogate people??

They say Obanikoro wants to return cash, at the same time Obanikoro will go jail. Except the cash was seized, wilful return point to a deal of some sort which usually involves getting a lighter sentence or avoiding jail time altogether.

Anyway, back to the topic, I guess I read a lot better than you do.

Infact, I read so much better, that I don't need a soothe sayer to tell me that it will be a criminal offence for the house to approve such a loan.

I also know that blanket approval for loans without a supporting document is tantamount to fraud.

Asking approval for a loan for expenditure under a budget (2018) that is not even set before the National assembly for debate is unheard of except under the "incorruptible" administration of Buhari with Lai Mohammed as information minister.

Its like you asking a bank to offer you a loan for a project you want to do in 2019 but you want the approval now and you have no copy of the documents itemizing the details of such project.

You are nothing but a fraud, a thief to make such a request from a bank, not to talk of placing such demand on the National assembly and for you to even be discussing that "borrowing for 2016-2018" crap is proof that the tissue paper I want to use to clean my bum bum after I drop this phone is far more profitable and valuable than the certificate(s) you may have acquired from whatever education you may have acquired that makes you feel qualified to just make mentions any moniker you see on Nairaland and call them ignorant..............
You seem to be forgetting very quickly and diverting away from our discussion. I did not justtify or defend the presentation of a loan proposal without evidence; so stop trying to act all smart and sanctimonious by explaining what i already know to me.

Our discussion was simply on the value of recovered loot, go back and read my comment again. You claimed the govt already had N3.6trn but still wanted to borrow; I simply pointed out that the N3.6trn is still under litigation and cant be touched by govt. I also corrected the figures you quoted on the 2016 budget 79% implementation. Thirdly, you asked why the government needed $30bn to fund budget when 2016 was already finished, i simply pointed out to you that the proposed loan is for 2016-2018. Try and be focused on our discussion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by Sibrah: 8:49am On Nov 02, 2016
Lilimax:
@ Sibrah: Why do you bent on defending this administration that have failed the masses thereby making yourself sound stupid so to say. (No offense meant). To me this adminitration have no direction of where they are going.... shocked
This Admin didn't fail anyone one, ignorance is what is tormenting you guys. Do you start a business with zero capital and debt. How is the govt suppose to make more money if it doesn't do IGR boosting project with funds in the first place. The govt isn't there to inject fund into the system directly. It is there to give you and I a smooth and fair ride through societal reforms and building.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by Henrichemeka(m): 8:49am On Nov 02, 2016
No matter what, let them not approve that loan. What is the leadership of this country turning into? Must we be slaves to other states and non state actors to be able to develop? Can't we develop locally? What is all this. Senate if truely you represent us (the ruled), do not approve that loan.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by obailala(m): 8:53am On Nov 02, 2016
tiwiex:

I appreciate ur response. However, fa fa fa. Fowl. So Buharis plan was to borrow money to fund budgets? No plan to maintain or increase revenues. He spent a whole year screaming crocodile smile and messing up economic stability. Now he wants to borrow 29b. I hope into the entire history of Nigeria, we have not borrowed a total of that. That is from independence. Please all this explanation can't work. He has started making peace with Niger Delta. Let him make d best of what we have internally first. So far he has been found wanting. This government struggled to prepare our budget. They are not mature to manage a loan. PMB needs to learn how to manage pur diversity. He has failed woefully. A loan is a lazy approach to his leadership.
A loan is the only way out of the current recession and hunger, there are no two ways about it, except a miracle happens and oil prices jump back above $100, but we all know that ain't going to happen.

The tragedy of nigeria is that at a certain point when oil sold above $100 and there was excess forex, instead of saving, the little reserves we had were eroded and upon the mega forex income at the time from high oil prices, the govt then was still borrowing massively. The irony of this all is that 'majority' of those opposed to borrowing today were in 100% support of the last government's careless borrowing and spending and they wanted to perpetuate that govt. But today when borrowing has become a necessity for survival, these same set of people have all grown wise patriotic. Don't get me wrong, I am not comfortable with the massive level of borrowing being proposed, but i just had to point out that irony.

Finally you said there wasnt any plan to maintain or increase revenue?... FYI, you need money to make money, the little details released on the breakdown of the proposed funds show that a 3050mw power plant is to be built, gigh speed rail lines connecting the nation are to be built; some education, health and agricultural intervention funds were also included in the details. If these things listed above are not considered by you as projects that can improve revenue and the economy, then I wonder what alternative suggestions you have.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by cleoblizz332(f): 9:57am On Nov 02, 2016
I agree with you, I taught he said his better than Jonathan so y repeat what Jonathan did. I pray d senate will never grant it
AllTheWayUp:
grin

[size=13pt]
Reality setting in now. Senate told Buhari no borrowing . Go and use the recovered loot, if the recovered loot is not enough, recover more, if you need any law to help spend the recovered loot, like you already using the recovered buildings, send the Bill to National Assembly, and we will approve it effective immediately.
Hahaha, why borrow $29.9bn when Diezani returned $90bn?
[/size]

Only zombies will keep on falling for Buhari and his cabals lies and propaganda,

By tommorrow the Cabals will use EFCC and DSS to commence arrest of Prominent citizens and use it to distract Nigerians on the LOAN issue. That is how the Cabals operate,they use fake arrest without conviction to distract Nigerians from the lingering issues affecting the Nigeria Economy.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by vankaid: 11:11am On Nov 02, 2016
Sibrah:
What has been recovered is different from recovered loots that has been cleared for spending . . . . Did you know this before making you statement?
its you who is not reasoning properly because fg claimed they recovered loots. Not seized or investigating so where does your "clearing" grammar come from? People whose "loots" are being contested in the courts are public knowledge.
So is your "clearing" word from FG? If the fg used that word please show us where.
While you are it you should also tell us if they also clearing TSA, Abacha loot etc because that could be d only reason why they arr planning what they are planning.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by Billygee2u: 12:31pm On Nov 02, 2016
lielbree:
Thank God for the Senate!

God punish the mallam daura cartel
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by Billygee2u: 12:32pm On Nov 02, 2016
Justiyke4u:
How can one proposes mortgaging his country and expect everybody to accept it without any explanation
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by Billygee2u: 12:34pm On Nov 02, 2016
AllTheWayUp:
grin

[size=13pt]
Reality setting in now. Senate told Buhari no borrowing . Go and use the recovered loot, if the recovered loot is not enough, recover more, if you need any law to help spend the recovered loot, like you already using the recovered buildings, send the Bill to National Assembly, and we will approve it effective immediately.
[/size]

Only zombies will keep on falling for Buhari and his cabals lies and propaganda,

By tommorrow the Cabals will use EFCC and DSS to commence arrest of Prominent citizens and use it to distract Nigerians on the LOAN issue. That is how the Cabals operate,they use fake arrest without conviction to distract Nigerians from the lingering issues affecting the Nigeria Economy.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by itzgbengene: 12:35pm On Nov 02, 2016
AllTheWayUp:
grin

[size=13pt]
[/size]

The most interesting comment I've seen this year

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by ehissi(m): 12:56pm On Nov 02, 2016
obailala:
You seem to be forgetting very quickly and diverting away from our discussion. I did not justtify or defend the presentation of a loan proposal without evidence; so stop trying to act all smart and sanctimonious by explaining what i already know to me.

Our discussion was simply on the value of recovered loot, go back and read my comment again. You claimed the govt already had N3.6trn but still wanted to borrow; I simply pointed out that the N3.6trn is still under litigation and cant be touched by govt. I also corrected the figures you quoted on the 2016 budget 79% implementation. Thirdly, you asked why the government needed $30bn to fund budget when 2016 was already finished, i simply pointed out to you that the proposed loan is for 2016-2018. Try and be focused on our discussion.

Lol....cheesy

Uh Ooh!! Its now you want a discussion!grin

Mr (abi na Mrs) "well read, I don't do conversations with ignorant people"...angry

You now want a discussion/conversation, why the sudden change of heart??

Because name calling and insults is no longer effective to making your points or you just discovered how unintelligent it was to bring up the 2016-2018 defence?? Which one??

I must say that I am well amused by your sudden change of heart. Even the most ardent of Buhari/Kemi Adeosun fans for done run commot for this thread by now...grin

No be small focused discussion............cheesy
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by Tinyemeka(m): 1:12pm On Nov 02, 2016
ehissi:
This is my analysis from a previous thread

The current Budget is #6.07trillion, you say you have a deficit of #2.2trillion - meaning, you have no idea how or you do not have the means to generate #2.2trillion.

Then you send a request to borrow $29.9billion - which is #9.06trillion at official rate Ooh, parallel market rate is over #14trillion - meanwhile there is no clear economic blueprint available to describe in detail how the cash will be utilised to get us out of this economic turbulance and you are expecting sane human beings to approve such foolishness......angry

If all you are looking for is #2.2trillion why borrow #9.06trillion?? After all, you told the world that you have recovered #3.64trillion from looters, what are you looking for loan for?

Meanwhile, his mumu minister of communications is asking for $550million to put a Satellite - abi na flash-drive - in Space for data storage. undecided

In my own opinion, Its this type of wastages, that they want to use to pay gbese for 2015 elections and recent elections in edo as well as upcoming elctions in ondo that they want to use a significant portion of that money for. And I am happy it wasn't approved.

Except it is a lie, they should use the #3.64triilion recovered to fund budgetary deficit.......

I am not even talking about the monies that they claimed to have allegedly saved in billions from removing subsidy and from TSA and other things that Lai Mohammed, Amaechi and Vice President "Osunbade" have been presenting as facts to the media.

Does anyone even realise that the $29.9billion is even higher than our foreign reserves??

Nonsense and Ingredient..........angry

Plus!! The story on ground is that 2016 budget has hit 79% implementation. That #4.79trillion.

So what we need for 2016 is about #1.27trillion. Why borrow #9.06trillion??

The numbers don't add up. Buhari is hiding something. And why hasn't the auditor -general of the federation been appointed??

These people want to do abracadabra again Ooooo:!!

Chai! Your head is full of brain. No space again. Na your papa born you.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by obailala(m): 1:30pm On Nov 02, 2016
ehissi:

Lol....cheesy

Uh Ooh!! Its now you want a discussion!grin

Mr (abi na Mrs) "well read, I don't do conversations with ignorant people"...angry

You now want a discussion/conversation, why the sudden change of heart??

Because name calling and insults is no longer effective to making your points or you just discovered how unintelligent it was to bring up the 2016-2018 defence?? Which one??

I must say that I am well amused by your sudden change of heart. Even the most ardent of Buhari/Kemi Adeosun fans for done run commot for this thread by now...grin

No be small focused discussion............cheesy

Just incase you are lost, I would remind you of where this exchange started from, here's my 1st post to you where I highlighted my 3 simple points:
obailala:

1. N3.64tr has been seized from people under investigation but that does not mean N3.64tr is disposable income available to the govt to spend especially when the cases are all still in court. And of course, before those protracted court cases come to an end (for the money to be available), the nation still needs to move forward. Meanwhile the official statement on the funds recovered was clear on this, actual cash recovered is less than N150bn total. We must learn to read beyond catchy headlines and read the true contents of reports, else we end up confusing ourselves. http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/06/05/keeping-his-promise-buhari-announces-recovery-of-n3-4-trillion-in-one-year/

2. Once again, it's important that you read beyond the 'sweet' but misleading title of any report you come across. 79% was on a pro rata basis for the first 3 quarters of the year, so it's actually N3.6tr spent, not N4.79tr. Not that it matters though.

3. Finally, the planned borrowing isn't for 2016 budget, its for 2016 to 2018, the intention is to secure the loans early enough to prevent the same mess (delays) of 2016 reoccurring..

Below is my 2nd post to you reiterating my previous point and expressing my dismay at your childish/unserious response:
obailala:
I sent you a link to read but you obviously ignored it. Also, for you not to be aware that the planned borrowing is for 2016-2018, this is another evidence that you have refused to read. Apparently you are either incapable of reading or comprehending, or you just prefer being ignorant for the fun of it. Whatever the case, there is no point conversing further with someone who has chosen to be ignorant.

And here's my 3rd and last post to you urging you to quit jumping about and drifting away from the point:
obailala:

Now judging from the above reminder, are you sure you are sound enough to read and comprehend?

Can you kindly explain what you just wrote up there about me 'changing my heart'?... cos from our conversation, you are the only one who kept drifting away (probably for a lack of any meaningful response)... Or do you confuse me with someone else? undecided

I'm actually compelled at this time to wonder how old you are.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by StarCj(m): 1:32pm On Nov 02, 2016
Sibrah:
Was there no "next generation" when Jonathan was borrowing with high oil prices?

You have a point man . . . But then Buhari is still a far better option to the agbada-men in power today.

Same People who know that conviction takes place in court but don't seem to know that returned loot has to be cleared in court.

but the buildings are not in court. As if you don't know that government have start using the houses ceased
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by ofeco: 1:50pm On Nov 02, 2016
so they didn't present the required documents to the national assembly.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by jpphilips(m): 2:10pm On Nov 02, 2016
ehissi:
This is my analysis from a previous thread

The current Budget is #6.07trillion, you say you have a deficit of #2.2trillion - meaning, you have no idea how or you do not have the means to generate #2.2trillion.

Then you send a request to borrow $29.9billion - which is #9.06trillion at official rate Ooh, parallel market rate is over #14trillion - meanwhile there is no clear economic blueprint available to describe in detail how the cash will be utilised to get us out of this economic turbulance and you are expecting sane human beings to approve such foolishness......angry

If all you are looking for is #2.2trillion why borrow #9.06trillion?? After all, you told the world that you have recovered #3.64trillion from looters, what are you looking for loan for?

Meanwhile, his mumu minister of communications is asking for $550million to put a Satellite - abi na flash-drive - in Space for data storage. undecided

In my own opinion, Its this type of wastages, that they want to use to pay gbese for 2015 elections and recent elections in edo as well as upcoming elctions in ondo that they want to use a significant portion of that money for. And I am happy it wasn't approved.

Except it is a lie, they should use the #3.64triilion recovered to fund budgetary deficit.......

I am not even talking about the monies that they claimed to have allegedly saved in billions from removing subsidy and from TSA and other things that Lai Mohammed, Amaechi and Vice President "Osunbade" have been presenting as facts to the media.

Does anyone even realise that the $29.9billion is even higher than our foreign reserves??

Nonsense and Ingredient..........angry

Plus!! The story on ground is that 2016 budget has hit 79% implementation. That #4.79trillion.

So what we need for 2016 is about #1.27trillion. Why borrow #9.06trillion??

The numbers don't add up. Buhari is hiding something. And why hasn't the auditor -general of the federation been appointed??

These people want to do abracadabra again Ooooo:!!

An analysis like this can only come from someone who doesn't understand what a budget means or someone who is stvpid by default.
I wanted to help your enlightenment misery till I realised you have over 100likes from ostensibly your fellow m0rons.

It seems lately that this site is an assortment of mentally challenged individuals.

How did you pass basic economics with a brain like this?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by ehissi(m): 3:18pm On Nov 02, 2016
AllTheWayUp:
grin

[size=13pt]
[/size]

Guy your head dey there!!

Na now Senate wan expose APC and them paide Zombies them.

Shebi when them talk say them "recover" #3.64Trillion APC and their zombies dey clap.

Oya the Senate don clap back. If them like make them arrest Saraki for 12midnight for e official quarters make we know say e don set.

Sai Baba Oshi.......angry
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by ehissi(m): 3:39pm On Nov 02, 2016
jpphilips:

An analysis like this can only come from someone who doesn't understand what a budget means or someone who is stvpid by default.
I wanted to help your enlightenment misery till I realised you have over 100likes from ostensibly your fellow m0rons.

It seems lately that this site is an assortment of mentally challenged individuals.

Heeeey!!! shocked

Na waaaaoooh!! obailala colleague don come!! grin

Associate Professor - abi na Reader na e UNILAG dey call dem - don come again.

So na the likes na e you dey Jealous ba?? grin

Bikonu my people in the "likes" department, continu to do the needful. grin

No be FTC again be the koko again Ooh; na likes na e make me moving target for die hard APC fans. grin

For your mind, you have quickly gone to check the dictionary meaning of stvpid and were impressed; that why you quickly release one kawai.......cheesy

You whey sabi budget and budgetary process explain to us, that have never had the pleasure of an academic education.

Somebody will bring fragments - only proposed infrastructural projects that hasn't even been debated/reviewed/approved - of a budget (2018) not in debate or in review before the National assembly and want to use it as a basis for the biggest loan the country has ever sought in the history of its existence - the loan is even bigger than our foreign reserves - and for you whey go "school" e make sense.

Please, take me to the cleaners on this.

Shebi, you will first draft budget, Present it for approval - of which both the means of achieving the capital to sponsor such a budget will be discussed along the way whether through duties/taxes, project revenue or the instrument of debt.

Instead, we have a President who instructed that approval be sought for a massive loan for only infrastructural projects in a budget (2018 budget) that is not even before the Senate for review not to talk of approval............................ angry

Another Abracadabra fan!! Dia ris God Ooooh!!! shocked

APC die hard fans and Abracadabra are like...........abeg make una help me with that Zuma picture.....
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by obailala(m): 3:55pm On Nov 02, 2016
ehissi:

Heeeey!!! shocked

Na waaaaoooh!! obailala colleague don come!! grin

Associate Professor - abi na Reader na e UNILAG dey call dem - don come again.

So na the likes na e you dey Jealous ba?? grin

Bikonu my people in the "likes" department, continu to do the needful. grin

No be FTC again be the koko again Ooh; na likes na e make me moving target for die hard APC fans. grin

For your mind, you have quickly gone to check the dictionary meaning of stvpid and were impressed; that why you quickly release one kawai.......cheesy

You whey sabi budget and budgetary process explain to us, that have never had the pleasure of an academic education.

Somebody will bring fragments - only proposed infrastructural projects that hasn't even been debated/reviewed/approved - of a budget (2018) not in debate or in review before the National assembly and want to use it as a basis for the biggest loan the country has ever sought in the history of its existence - the loan is even bigger than our foreign reserves - and for you whey go "school" e make sense.

Please, take me to the cleaners on this.

Shebi, you will first draft budget, Present it for approval - of which both the means of achieving the capital to sponsor such a budget will be discussed along the way whether through duties/taxes, project revenue or the instrument of debt.

Instead, we have a President who instructed that approval be sought for a massive loan for only infrastructural projects in a budget (2018 budget) that is not even before the Senate for review not to talk of approval............................ angry

Another Abracadabra fan!! Dia ris God Ooooh!!! shocked

APC die hard fans and Abracadabra are like...........abeg make una help me with that Zuma picture.....
Fact is that you lack basic understanding of simple concepts, hence everything to you is abracadabra. Most annoying is that even when someone tries to explain simple things to you, you instantly repel the explanation even before you read it simply because you prefer it being abracadabra. You are obviously a firm believer in the saying that 'Ignorance is Bliss.'
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by Sibrah: 4:03pm On Nov 02, 2016
obailala:

Just incase you are lost, I would remind you of where this exchange started from, here's my 1st post to you where I highlighted my 3 simple points:

Below is my 2nd post to you reiterating my previous point and expressing my dismay at your childish/unserious response:

And here's my 3rd and last post to you urging you to quit jumping about and drifting away from the point:

Now judging from the above reminder, are you sure you are sound enough to read and comprehend?

Can you kindly explain what you just wrote up there about me 'changing my heart'?... cos from our conversation, you are the only one who kept drifting away (probably for a lack of any meaningful response)... Or do you confuse me with someone else? undecided

I'm actually compelled at this time to wonder how old you are.

You are spending precious energy and time on irredeemable folks who would never see meaning in you good points . . .
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by Sibrah: 4:28pm On Nov 02, 2016
jpphilips:

lol . . . See blazing. You just tied that dude inside a tank of petrol and lit it with a bazooka.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by KingOfAmebo(m): 5:16pm On Nov 02, 2016
Sibrah:
Was there no "next generation" when Jonathan was borrowing with high oil prices?

You have a point man . . . But then Buhari is still a far better option to the agbada-men in power today.

Same People who know that conviction takes place in court but don't seem to know that returned loot has to be cleared in court.

Bro you seem to be trying so hard to defend this government, abi you be government official? but the truth is you can fool somepeople but you cannot fool everybody.

The Federal Government told Nigerians "They have recovered some loots and even went ahead to publish the figures on national dailies"...They did NOT tell us the loots has to be cleared in court, if that is the case then why publish an uncertain and inconclusive list. So, please stop twisting words...some Nigerians are actually intelligent to detect a lie when they see one with exception to some mentally blind lots.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by KingOfAmebo(m): 5:35pm On Nov 02, 2016
Sibrah:
This Admin didn't fail anyone one, ignorance is what is tormenting you guys. Do you start a business with zero capital and debt. How is the govt suppose to make more money if it doesn't do IGR boosting project with funds in the first place. The govt isn't there to inject fund into the system directly. It is there to give you and I a smooth and fair ride through societal reforms and building.

Have you bordered to asked were Buhari got the money he used in touring the world in his first 3 months in office? Please explain to us were your zero capital came from...were did Buhari government get the money he was spending immediately he won the election? From your posts it is evident you are the one displaying your ignorance in public. This is just stating the obvious.

My advice is don't try too hard to defend the government... doing so will make you sound ignorant. It is evident and clear for the world to see that the federal government policies are not working, they will come out with a policy today and come back the next day to counter same policy (there are numerous examples of such policies)...this is a trial and error government, this shouldn't be hard for you to see.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by sochukwuiwu: 5:38pm On Nov 02, 2016
It is proper for the presidency to provide detailed plan for the amount to be borrowed. it is the proper thing. People can borrow for various reasons and we need to know if our future is to be mortgaged with the borrowing or for prosperity.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by jpphilips(m): 11:00am On Nov 03, 2016
Sibrah:
lol . . . See blazing. You just tied that dude inside a tank of petrol and lit it with a bazooka.

Don't mind the olodo!! People who are clearly unfit to pass a course in Economics will stick their mouth in National discourse, disgracing Nigeria and Nigerians before the world, is that how to behave? I am not against any r@tarded fellow but the person should be nice to keep his lunacy under wraps, don't bring it to the public for God's sake.

From his decrepit analysis, it is clear the young man has no clue what budget means, he thinks it is money in the bank, tell me, who reasons like that?

The national budget is not money deposited in the CBN waiting to be disbursed, it is an expenditure plan of money yet to be made within a fiscal year.
Using the 2016 budget as a reference point, it is proposed with a 2.2T deficit, which the government could finance with either Asset sales (comes with its own peculiar challenges) or Borrowing from external sources.

The rest of the budget is hinged on a volatile commodity at 2.1mbopd @ $30/b, what it means is that any day we do not produce 2.1mbopd, our deficit widens, any day we sell below $30/barrel, our deficit widens. You will agree that since Feb 2016 when the bombing started, we are nowhere close to our budgetary benchmark.

Perhaps the finance ministry has put ink to paper and arrived at a cumulative deficit gap over time, that figure will be added to the default 2.2t, in the event we want to source for external funding, also the issue of devaluation will erode budgetary predictions.

Only a mad man will think that deficit will remain at 2.2T when our production is on constant decline.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by diegwu01: 11:19am On Nov 03, 2016
bikefab:
Buhari is looking for acheivements that will come easy. Just borrow $30bn, tarr roads, build bridges and railways, Take credit for all the infrastructures he'll build on loans which succesive govt of 3 generations might not be able to pay back. Then pack his loads and leave aso rock by 2019. People r wicked o.
Is he tarring or building bridges or railway to his house? Is it not you and I that would eventually use the infrastructure? Infrastructural development builds a Nations economy, a booming economy would repay any loans accrued, Obasanjo was able to repay back our loans in a single tenure because the economy was partially great at that time.. Borrowing or taking loans is no sin if it is wisely invested. Buhari can be trusted in judicious use of these loans. Because we are wailers and hate PMB doesnt mean we should resist any idea that he makes even when we are the eventual beneficiaries at the end.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by jpphilips(m): 11:31am On Nov 03, 2016
[quote author=obailala post=50699657]

A loan is the only way out of the current recession and hunger, there are no two ways about it, except a miracle happens and oil prices jump back above $100, but we all know that ain't going to happen.

While I agree that oil aint gonna see $100 anytime soon, I disagree that borrowing is the only way out. You can attract FDI if there is a peaceful environment, I believe that is the crazy investment we are making in the military now.
Most of our JV's are liabilities not assets, disposing them is an alternative, I hope you are aware that most of our JV partners have disposed theirs so the wisdom to retain ours makes no sense.

The tragedy of nigeria is that at a certain point when oil sold above $100 and there was excess forex, instead of saving, the little reserves we had were eroded and upon the mega forex income at the time from high oil prices, the govt then was still borrowing massively. The irony of this all is that 'majority' of those opposed to borrowing today were in 100% support of the last government's careless borrowing and spending and they wanted to perpetuate that govt. But today when borrowing has become a necessity for survival, these same set of people have all grown wise patriotic. Don't get me wrong, I am not comfortable with the massive level of borrowing being proposed, but i just had to point out that irony.

grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Smart Adeyemi: Dino Melaye Was My Houseboy / Biafra Themed Wedding Holds In Enugu (Photos) / Peter Obi Supporters Unveil Labour Party In Ile Ife, Osun State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.