Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,451 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn (45590 Views)

Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th / Saraki Saves Buhari’s Proposal From Senate rejection / Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by rumours: 12:14am On Nov 02, 2016
Why do you keep mentioning Jonathan? So your lord and master who promised you change that you apparently didn't understand should heep liability on posterity because according to you Jonathan borrowed? So where is the change? Do not always let your worship for buhari becloud your sense of reasoning. You are an adult (I assume). Be guided.

Sibrah:
To do what jonathan did with the debt he left us . . .

Please tell me, Was there no Abacha loot when Jonathan was busy borrowing? Keep the hate going pls . . .

I thought some persons claimed the SE was excluded from the projects the loan was being prepared for. If the details of the loan isn't known, how did the SE conclude that the projects doesn't include them?
Maybe the govt should prepare a Bill of Quantity (BoQ) detailing things like cements, nail, gravel and labour for the wailing senate.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by HabaSeun: 12:17am On Nov 02, 2016
Sibrah:
Was there no Abacha loot when Jonathan was busy borrowing? Keep the hate going pls . . .

Who thafuck is this zebra?
The same loot your god buhari said abacha did not loot?
Guy grow some sense! Your zombiesm stinks.

6 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by ehissi(m): 12:52am On Nov 02, 2016
obailala:
I sent you a link to read but you obviously ignored it. Also, for you not to be aware that the planned borrowing is for 2016-2018, this is another evidence that you have refused to read. Apparently you are either incapable of reading or comprehending, or you just prefer being ignorant for the fun of it. Whatever the case, there is no point conversing further with someone who has chosen to be ignorant.

Any given day, I'd rather be called ignorant - asking simple questions is the cure - than talk issues like a paid zombie (for which there is no clear cure).

The link you shows only proves what I have always said but zombies no dey gree make I hia word. That the government has allegedly "recovered" huge sums of cash/assets returned by looters who are begging for mercy not to go to jail.

I ask a simple question, will a man seek to return criminal proceeds wilfully in the absence of a plea deal?? Abi EFCC and DSS don dey use jazz dey interrogate people??

They say Obanikoro wants to return cash, at the same time Obanikoro will go jail. Except the cash was seized, wilful return point to a deal of some sort which usually involves getting a lighter sentence or avoiding jail time altogether.

Anyway, back to the topic, I guess I read a lot better than you do.

Infact, I read so much better, that I don't need a soothe sayer to tell me that it will be a criminal offence for the house to approve such a loan.

I also know that blanket approval for loans without a supporting document is tantamount to fraud.

Asking approval for a loan for expenditure under a budget (2018) that is not even set before the National assembly for debate is unheard of except under the "incorruptible" administration of Buhari with Lai Mohammed as information minister.

Its like you asking a bank to offer you a loan for a project you want to do in 2019 but you want the approval now and you have no copy of the documents itemizing the details of such project.

You are nothing but a fraud, a thief to make such a request from a bank, not to talk of placing such demand on the National assembly and for you to even be discussing that "borrowing for 2016-2018" crap is proof that the tissue paper I want to use to clean my bum bum after I drop this phone is far more profitable and valuable than the certificate(s) you may have acquired from whatever education you may have acquired that makes you feel qualified to just make mentions any moniker you see on Nairaland and call them ignorant..............

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by tiwiex(m): 1:42am On Nov 02, 2016
obailala:

N3.64tr has been seized from people under investigation but that does not mean N3.64tr is disposable income available to the govt to spend especially when the cases are all still in court. And of course, before those protracted court cases come to an end (for the money to be available), the nation still needs to move forward. Meanwhile the official statement on the funds recovered was clear on this, actual cash recovered is less than N150bn total. We must learn to read beyond catchy headlines and read the true contents of reports, else we end up confusing ourselves. http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/06/05/keeping-his-promise-buhari-announces-recovery-of-n3-4-trillion-in-one-year/

Once again, it's important that you read beyond the 'sweet' but misleading title of any report you come across. 79% was on a pro rata basis for the first 3 quarters of the year, so it's actually N3.6tr spent, not N4.79tr. Not that it matters though.

Finally, the planned borrowing isn't for 2016 budget, its for 2016 to 2018, the intention is to secure the loans early enough to prevent the same mess (delays) of 2016 reoccurring..

I appreciate ur response. However, fa fa fa. Fowl. So Buharis plan was to borrow money to fund budgets? No plan to maintain or increase revenues. He spent a whole year screaming crocodile smile and messing up economic stability. Now he wants to borrow 29b. I hope into the entire history of Nigeria, we have not borrowed a total of that. That is from independence. Please all this explanation can't work. He has started making peace with Niger Delta. Let him make d best of what we have internally first. So far he has been found wanting. This government struggled to prepare our budget. They are not mature to manage a loan. PMB needs to learn how to manage pur diversity. He has failed woefully. A loan is a lazy approach to his leadership.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by Nobody: 2:20am On Nov 02, 2016
Amin
freeze001:
Kai! Were they expecting the Senate to just approve in principle as per integrity come calling abi wetin? The so called details and documents aren't even ready, they are still gathering and collating so how did they arrive at that figure in the first place?

God! The Most High and Excellent God! Please strike dead all those that refuse to explore all innovation and domestic solutions galvanised by good policies before attempting to mortgage Nigeria with external borrowings! Strike them all dead and let wild beasts feed on their carcasses!
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by pressplay411(m): 2:26am On Nov 02, 2016
The pathetic thing is most of these wailers critiquing PMB can't even manage their relationship/family talk less of managing a country.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by xelly: 3:10am On Nov 02, 2016
Anyone that wants to borrow should do so with repayment plan not encompassing his tenure in office.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by cheezy4real(m): 3:16am On Nov 02, 2016
Nigeria has expired as buhari has expired, period!
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by vikstandon(m): 4:08am On Nov 02, 2016
Hey! Don't round that up...The fraction u just added is enough to remove a good number of Nigerians from poverty.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by sevenhundred(m): 4:27am On Nov 02, 2016
candidbabe:
Buhari will never know peace through out the remaining days of his life in Jesus name amen. #istandwiththesenate#
imagine you say someone will never no peace, and in the name of jesus? do unto others...........
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by Bitterleafsoup: 4:36am On Nov 02, 2016
Sibrah:
Was there no "next generation" when Jonathan was borrowing with high oil prices?

You have a point man . . . But then Buhari is still a far better option to the agbada-men in power today.

Same People who know that conviction takes place in court but don't seem to know that returned loot has to be cleared in court.

Borrowing without a plan is bad Bro, if he did such a bad job why is he traveling the globe speaking on how he achieved great accomplishments that the WEST claimed was never done before. Stop the hate campaign your people f up Nna move on...
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by freshcvvs: 4:36am On Nov 02, 2016
candidbabe:
Buhari will never know peace through out the remaining days of his life in Jesus name amen. #istandwiththesenate#

4 fingers pointing to you. now ask yourself. DO YOU KNOW PEACE? cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by grandstar(m): 4:37am On Nov 02, 2016
What the country needs now is an IMF bailout in order to force about the entrenchment of sound economic policies and the discarding of senseless one.

The inept management of the forex by the present administration has led to the naira being 310 at the official rate and 480 at the black market. The economic illiteracy of this government is second to none.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by Osakah24(m): 4:54am On Nov 02, 2016
Sibrah:

Please tell me, Was there no Abacha loot when Jonathan was busy borrowing? Keep the hate going pls . . .

I thought some persons claimed the SE was excluded from the projects the loan was being prepared for. If the details of the loan isn't known, how did the SE conclude that the projects doesn't include them?
Maybe the govt should prepare a Bill of Quantity (BoQ) detailing things like cements, nail, gravel and labour for the wailing senate.
Leave tribalism for once and ask this question, why propose for a lone of that magnitude and seek the Senate's approval without giving them every information they need to know?, Why present a haphazard document again Ala the budget and other things they keep doing?
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by otokx(m): 5:07am On Nov 02, 2016
First of all I am against borrowing of so large a sum.

Secondly don't be surprised when this same senate we are all praising turn around and approve the loan.

The problem of Nigeria is not just in one man but in majority of us all.

Nobody is accountable to anybody especially in the political arena.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by Nobody: 5:25am On Nov 02, 2016
As long as Buhari remains a useless president to Nigeria/Nigerians, shame and rejection will know no bound in his miserable life. It's just the beginning of more shame to fill into his life. Let the idiot go and use the recovered loot and implement budget. It's our money, let us use it.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by peaceMma(f): 5:34am On Nov 02, 2016
dx Buhari is a bastard... he dnt even care about d pple ,which kind human being b dx one self ? is he really taking revenge on anyone nd decides to mesmerize Nigeria like dx?
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by peaceMma(f): 5:37am On Nov 02, 2016
blackdream:
Africa debt crisis! Buhari you will not mortgage the future of Richmond, my unborn son
lol,, if em mortgage am,at least if w go fit dey free,mk.em dhu am.... since way e still b.unborn
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by lookingfly: 6:00am On Nov 02, 2016
Sibrah:

lol....Bubu should go and use the $90b deziani returned or is that a scam too. Y borrow $30b when he recovered $90b..... You better start getting sense hmmmmm grin

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by lookingfly: 6:08am On Nov 02, 2016
grandstar:
What the country needs now is an IMF bailout in order to force about the entrenchment of sound economic policies and the discarding of senseless one.

The inept management of the forex by the present administration has led to the naira being 310 at the official rate and 480 at the black market. The economic illiteracy of this government is second to none.
where is adeosun,ic thought she went to Harvard too.APC zombies thought she can successfully replace the learned okonjo not knowing she only crammed and passed in Harvard but nothing in that coconut head of hers. grin
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by grandstar(m): 6:15am On Nov 02, 2016
lookingfly:
where is adeosun,ic thought she went to Harvard too.APC zombies thought she can successfully replace the learned okonjo not knowing she only crammed and passed in Harvard but nothing in that coconut head of hers. grin

Though I don't think Adeosun is fit for the post, the foundation of the present economic woes is caused by poor forex policies that seem to be programmed from Aso rock and not CBN.

No finance minister can perform under the present administration due to Buhari's woeful understanding of economics and his forcing this poor understanding down the country's throat. He should leave technocrats in charge.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by Jay1988: 6:29am On Nov 02, 2016
Justiyke4u:
How can one propose mortgaging his country and everybody to accept
Buhari nor play Monopoly board game... Him nor know wetin go happen when u mortgage something
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by CHYMZZY(m): 6:40am On Nov 02, 2016
Sibrah:

why are you takin' it personal, when you are not even your L.G councilor?
E pain you?
Shey! your brother said we should go to farm that's what gonna help us..
Now he want to mortage this country with a $30bn loan, without a plan what it's meant for.
What happen to the loots and repatriated money recovered earier this year?

Atimes, when people with poor daura mentality talks, i always know that daura zobo & nunu is at it again...
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by Impulse80(m): 6:46am On Nov 02, 2016
Sibrah:
Was there no "next generation" when Jonathan was borrowing with high oil prices?

You have a point man . . . But then Buhari is still a far better option to the agbada-men in power today.

Same People who know that conviction takes place in court but don't seem to know that returned loot has to be cleared in court.

Everytime Johnathan Johnathan! Oga na Johnathan be president now?

Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by vankaid: 6:58am On Nov 02, 2016
Sibrah:

Please tell me, Was there no Abacha loot when Jonathan .
but even today the abacha loot is still coming and we are still selling crude though cheaper.
Now when you add the trillions recovered from looters plus TSA recovery, how on earth can you explain more borrowing that surpasses anything jonathan and his predecessors altogether ever borrowed?
Did you consider all these things before making your statement.
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by codedguy1(m): 7:00am On Nov 02, 2016
otokx:
First of all I am against borrowing of so large a sum.

Secondly don't be surprised when this same senate we are all praising turn around and approve the loan.

The problem of Nigeria is not just in one man but in majority of us all.

Nobody is accountable to anybody especially in the political arena.

My sentiments exactly. Did the Senate reject the loan because required documents were not attached to the letter or did they reject it because they don't believe the loan is the right approach to getting us out of the mess we find ourselves.

If the former is the reason, does that mean once all relevant documents are attached then the loan will be approved?

Even the Senate we don't trust them. If Buhari adds something for them in that loan now they will approve it with the speed of light. A loan without a plan. We have suffered.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:09am On Nov 02, 2016
AllTheWayUp:
grin

[size=13pt]

Hahaha, why borrow $29.9bn when Diezani returned $90bn?
[/size]

Make sense die
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by IamThrive(m): 7:11am On Nov 02, 2016
This will automatically make the president and his jolly-good fellows to know that Nigerians are now WISE.

Borrowing to carry 10-25 convoys to go for an event only one person will speak because they cannot provide a secured environment they collect security vote cash every month.

I pray that the senate doesn't eat back the vomit they have already spitted out.

God bless Nigeria and Nigerians!!!
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by Sibrah: 7:12am On Nov 02, 2016
vankaid:

but even today the abacha loot is still coming and we are still selling crude though cheaper.
Now when you add the trillions recovered from looters plus TSA recovery, how on earth can you explain more borrowing that surpasses anything jonathan and his predecessors altogether ever borrowed?
Did you consider all these things before making your statement.
What has been recovered is different from recovered loots that has been cleared for spending . . . . Did you know this before making you statement?
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by DabuIIIT: 7:13am On Nov 02, 2016
Sibrah:
Did Jonathan spend and re-loot this "imaginary" returned loot or not?
sell me ur radiogram computer and lemme pay u with imaginary money 1st b4 anything....kpo kpo kpo kpo kpo..talk is cheap grin
Re: Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn by lightblazingnow(m): 7:15am On Nov 02, 2016
Scrap buses and cars, Land, property

Call WhatsApp +2347033851176

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CBN Fires First Bank Directors / Insulting Our Prophet Mohammed Is Our Uncompromising Redline – Adamu Garba / Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.