Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify (56176 Views)

I Don’t Know Why Guys Are Scared To Talk To Me, Am Still Single- Lady Cry Out / My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo / My Girlfriend Is Planning To Commit Suicide Please Help Me "Screenshots" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Slikbae: 2:02pm On Nov 05, 2016
Thrash!

A man that is not ready for marriage isn't ready. This mostly has nothing to do with the woman.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by antieverything(m): 2:03pm On Nov 05, 2016
guys na de this thread pass...gay alert?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Danfuster(m): 2:06pm On Nov 05, 2016
dollyjoy:
Actually, Marriage does not prevent men from cheating.

like it stops women from cheating too.... my friend, cheating is no respective of any gender. whoever wants to cheat will cheat.

people just need to understand the concept and rudiment of being [size=16pt]LOYAL[/size]

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Worksunlimited: 2:06pm On Nov 05, 2016
dollyjoy:

Buh it turns wives to monitoring spirits...

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Caleycash(m): 2:11pm On Nov 05, 2016
Nigerian girls are bonafide leeches!!!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by ifenes(m): 2:11pm On Nov 05, 2016
A man who doesn't want to be tied down should not commit to any lady, because the females see relationship as a case where they own you and you will become their emotional wheelchair

A man is no obliged to be loyal to one woman. It is better and easier to love many women than one

99.9% of guys in relationships/marriages feel trapped. The woman wants the sexual passion in you to die rather than sleep with other women. A wise man shares his love among all ladies.

7 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by buchilino(m): 2:13pm On Nov 05, 2016
OF ALL D THINGS U YARN, NA ONLY NUMBER 5 DEY CORRECT, D REST NA STORY.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by enshi(m): 2:13pm On Nov 05, 2016
No 5 should have been the only item listed it is the sun set summary of all.... Delete no 5 and watch how the guy falls in place
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by okowande(f): 2:14pm On Nov 05, 2016
8TH reason, they luv being tagged baby's daddy!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by ULSHERLAN(m): 2:15pm On Nov 05, 2016
Partly true
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Nuclearact: 2:15pm On Nov 05, 2016
Okay.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Dantee005(m): 2:19pm On Nov 05, 2016
dollyjoy:
It should....
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by rosalieene(f): 2:19pm On Nov 05, 2016
Old story undecided
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Familyfirst: 2:20pm On Nov 05, 2016
importexpert:
The fact that guys are usually afraid to commit are due to several reasons. Women always want to know why guys are reluctant to commit to a long term relationship or to marriage. These reasons listed below will give you an idea as to why they have fears of tying the knot!

1. He does not want to lose his identity

If you are the pushy and demanding type then he could be afraid that once he commits to you, he will slowly but surely change into the type of person you want him to be. He is afraid of losing his own identity and changing into a lapdog who has to do everything to please you. This could prove very scary for a guy and therefore he is reluctant to make any sort of commitment.

2. He is confused as to what your feelings are for him

If you have not really been forthright and clear about your feelings towards him, then he will be cautious about making a commitment to you. The smallest doubt about you and your feelings will make him reluctant to take a step towards commitment. Only when he knows for sure that you reciprocate his feelings will he turn bold and take the initiative!

3. He hates the thought of being tied down

Most men have a morbid fear of being tied down to one woman all their life! These men are the types that want to enjoy dating different women before they make up their mind. They are generally those who are concentrating on just having a good time instead of being serious and thinking of the future. i know many Nairalanders in this category but i will allow seun and other audience to list the "soup testers" grin grin grin grin

4. He is not sure that you are the right woman for him

There could be a hundred reasons why he has certain doubts as to whether you are the ideal woman for him. He will never make a commitment unless and until he is convinced in his heart that you are the right one for him. Even though he has been dating you all this while, he could feel that there is something missing in the relationship and hence is not ready for commitment.

5. He is terrified of the financial responsibility involved

The very fact that commitment means a whole lot of new responsibilities make men nervous and reluctant to take a step in that direction. In case he is not really financially secure and feels that he will not be able to provide for his wife and family in the near future, he will not be able to commit.

6. He thinks that you have too high expectations

There is no way he is going to commit if you have been setting the standards too high or been having too many high expectations where he is concerned. See if you are the type of woman who has been very demanding, critical and a stickler for perfection in every thing. He is obviously scared of falling short!

7. He is unsure and insecure

If the guy is aware of his faults, failures and shortcomings, then he could become insecure and afraid of facing the future. He will naturally become less confident of being a success and making the relationship ideal. This insecurity will prove to be a huge blockage where commitment is concerned.

8. Add yours
instead of failing to commit. I think every man should know what to do before marriage. Mae sure your guy read this.
http://familyparliament.com/Thread/10-things-every-man-should-know-how-to-do-before-marriage/
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by chubbygal(f): 2:22pm On Nov 05, 2016
HML my bro

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Peterpanny: 2:22pm On Nov 05, 2016
importexpert:
cc: Onyezaza(f), Mayor21(m), joeyztime(m), Jojodivine(f), jiksman3, ceaser, oolooree49(m), bigblangston, yetty247(f), Milo96(m), Manager264, dryyansh1(m), kenosky, luckyikhide(m), Osama10(m), freemanbubble, ashas50, blexyz1, queenKandie, soulminister(m), Graceisall(m), purpulrain, donwilly3, sholatech(m), Oluaso, spice123(m), ogbonge, elvisimeh(m), Omuka, Trizyd(m), krinniebouqui(f), opey1(f), skimmy005, Gladiator1, cindybabs(f), Jarizod, fiddzy(m), BEENUEL, AgbaNgohile(f), apeiron24(m), Bwoodlt, davidif(m), LEX4352(m), SoPappyjay(m), d4guy, drjaymill(m), Smallville10(m), lola024(f), Ichel, Tiny23, luminouz(m), yajoe(m), house213, KINGPINE, hismond(m), Bekwarra(m), Zizaboni(m), trublood(m), Scholarnwadimma(f), ev4real(m), dumblover, Alove1(m), DRISKLEF(m), WHIZKIDEFE(m), Lilymax(f), ablejoe(m), Ironi, jopretty(f), Akanbi04(m), rosieluv(f), Johnsown1(m), 2Brains1(m), Ereholuwa, Howmon, thowbie7ven(m), OLAFIMIX, EmmySparky(m), kkkossy(m), elkon(m), goldenceo1(m), Certitude, wazklin, ssaengine, ajoyeleke(m), Apus, Adeinfo, Kasich(m), Spaxon(f), Mariokenny, longjohnsilver, fullstreets, nezer83, ferviddesmond(m), Ucheraymond(m), makelove2m(m), CeeJay9ja(m), PoisonedOne, jumissy, Shamp, ccqueen(f), MrRomantic(m), Rickywowoz, fluxbush(f), vikaosi, Jamesmatic(m), josuasplinter, janengozi(f), DirtyGold, gabazin080(m), Ladyo142, OSELAWAMEN, CplusJason(m), bulldogpuppy(m), olanrewaju029(m), AdiscoPele, macb(m), sikBaba, cashcity, Riddeek, Cetezin, MsFaith(f), seedorfy134(m), JIXZ, SeeUrLife(m), adioolayi(m), dimeman, Basildvalour(m), u21day(m), ekins71, daviesmania(m), peetayo, DSTTOOLZGUY(m), itzmejerry, Easyjay, Utchgirl(f), owoblow99, Johnsonifeoluwa(m), sinaj(f), Kemicares(f), dimexy247(m), LadyAnn(f), omigyman, eniafelamo, freddaboh(m), Jozay(m), konfused, aaronson(m), twin7(m), iWise, falconey, promzyphyno(m), konkonbilo(m), RICHIEBOI1(m), ableguy(m), buffalowings4, mylifeisagift(m), GlorifiedTunde(m), jagadab, bigybanty02(m), alexistaiwo, ladypearl45(f), johnstar(m), importexpert(m), engrrichie92(m), Theyveedo(m), Mujtahida, kola23, yinkus204(m), mrgaga, judeefcc(m), winkmart, phetty(m), teepsee(m), mrMeen(m), Oloriode, sirwittee(m), tdayof(m), opy002(m), okenne, opaniyi12(m), olymurphy(f), kmayor, OlaBa, Omoobatogud(m)
can you imagine.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by anonymuz(m): 2:23pm On Nov 05, 2016
Yes o i agree 100 percent cos that's how i think and that's why i am still single.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by anonymuz(m): 2:26pm On Nov 05, 2016
No.5&6 applied to me.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Miladi(f): 2:26pm On Nov 05, 2016
As human beings, we are all imperfect, yes. However, problem arises when someone you intend to spend the rest of your life with continues to be superficial and fails to share his/her hidden weaknesses (bad attributes), which are usually visible to oneself and hidden to the outside world - except those (outsiders) with an innate sensitive and analytical abilities. Pretense is evil.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Johnsown1(m): 2:29pm On Nov 05, 2016
Financial things, don't want an expensive lady inwhich i may be beaten by another rich guy tomorrow.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by pacoson: 2:30pm On Nov 05, 2016
They are afraid of sending someone to the other room...they just want there spouse to belong to the kitchen grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by mrMeen(m): 2:55pm On Nov 05, 2016
the truth is that Mrmeen is still young and does not like to be tied down no no no. maybe after sampling all the models whether black, white, short, tall, dwarf, fair,Arabian,igbo , petite , Asian, Togolese, Hausa, fat, milf , Yoruba, bbw , models, tattooed, and the likes then maybe I can talk about settling down.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by beautea4l(f): 3:09pm On Nov 05, 2016
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by discman2k2(m): 3:11pm On Nov 05, 2016
Hmmm, if i talk nau: well, som of us don make som very serious mistakes by bein lured by a very calculative & subtle lady to marriage. At that point, we don try make we "elope", bt God pass us sha, Pstrs, Family members, Neibors & Colleagues don fight & preach say make we stay. Haba, wetin put us 4 dia condition? Sometym, na Conji, sometyms na money, sometyms na outright foolishness! Wht ama tryin to say, men hav seen som oda men made very serious mistakes in marriage partners & thus messed up d beautiful institution called Marriage, thus resulting to marriage errors lyk Adultery, Wife Battery, Murder & divorce. If only people would take their careful tym & FIND THEIR OWN SPOUSE, then Marriage would b desirable & young people of today wouldn't b aversed to it & its fears.
All u listed is simply because d bros didn't trust the institution of Marriage wt d said lady. Minwhile, all na End Time things sha.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 05, 2016
STORY!
He doesn't love you and he already has someone he believes is 'better' than you.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Boyooosa(m): 3:13pm On Nov 05, 2016
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by EHI9ICE(m): 3:17pm On Nov 05, 2016
importexpert:
The fact that guys are usually afraid to commit are due to several reasons. Women always want to know why guys are reluctant to commit to a long term relationship or to marriage. These reasons listed below will give you an idea as to why they have fears of tying the knot!

1. He does not want to lose his identity

If you are the pushy and demanding type then he could be afraid that once he commits to you, he will slowly but surely change into the type of person you want him to be. He is afraid of losing his own identity and changing into a lapdog who has to do everything to please you. This could prove very scary for a guy and therefore he is reluctant to make any sort of commitment.

2. He is confused as to what your feelings are for him

If you have not really been forthright and clear about your feelings towards him, then he will be cautious about making a commitment to you. The smallest doubt about you and your feelings will make him reluctant to take a step towards commitment. Only when he knows for sure that you reciprocate his feelings will he turn bold and take the initiative!

3. He hates the thought of being tied down

Most men have a morbid fear of being tied down to one woman all their life! These men are the types that want to enjoy dating different women before they make up their mind. They are generally those who are concentrating on just having a good time instead of being serious and thinking of the future. i know many Nairalanders in this category but i will allow seun and other audience to list the "soup testers" grin grin grin grin

4. He is not sure that you are the right woman for him

There could be a hundred reasons why he has certain doubts as to whether you are the ideal woman for him. He will never make a commitment unless and until he is convinced in his heart that you are the right one for him. Even though he has been dating you all this while, he could feel that there is something missing in the relationship and hence is not ready for commitment.

5. He is terrified of the financial responsibility involved

The very fact that commitment means a whole lot of new responsibilities make men nervous and reluctant to take a step in that direction. In case he is not really financially secure and feels that he will not be able to provide for his wife and family in the near future, he will not be able to commit.

6. He thinks that you have too high expectations

There is no way he is going to commit if you have been setting the standards too high or been having too many high expectations where he is concerned. See if you are the type of woman who has been very demanding, critical and a stickler for perfection in every thing. He is obviously scared of falling short!

7. He is unsure and insecure

If the guy is aware of his faults, failures and shortcomings, then he could become insecure and afraid of facing the future. He will naturally become less confident of being a success and making the relationship ideal. This insecurity will prove to be a huge blockage where commitment is concerned.

8. Add yours

#ace#
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by brightnelly(f): 3:20pm On Nov 05, 2016
dollyjoy:
but i will never CHEAT wen am married
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Chinks(m): 3:24pm On Nov 05, 2016
sometimes when I hear the word "marriage", fear go just grip me. God dey sha
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by holluphemydavid(m): 3:27pm On Nov 05, 2016
dollyjoy:
Women cheat d most, and pretend innocent after Dat

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Perfectionist11: 3:34pm On Nov 05, 2016
[quote author=ICQuinn post=50718392]Commitment? What's a commitment? Op please explain, I've never come across that word before, it seems very strange to me smiley[/quote/]

When you're committed to something you do it regardless of the inconveniences..you don't accept excuses only results..

But when you're only "interested" in doing something..you do it when its convenient...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Ended Up Marrying The Lady I Met On Facebook / Major Martins Dies After Taking Sex Enhancement Drug. Lover Detained For 16 Days / He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.