Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,567 members, 7,812,836 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify (56175 Views)

I Don’t Know Why Guys Are Scared To Talk To Me, Am Still Single- Lady Cry Out / My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo / My Girlfriend Is Planning To Commit Suicide Please Help Me "Screenshots" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 05, 2016
Slikbae:
Thrash!

A man that is not ready for marriage isn't ready. This mostly has nothing to do with the woman.
best answer so far, if he is ready, he is ready and will definitely make away around all this excuses listed by the op, simple

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Perfectionist11: 3:40pm On Nov 05, 2016
I don't think its logical for a man to commit to eating only from one pot till the end of his life..but it could be more bearable if African women are open to the idea of surgeries,boob jobs(and exercising) so as to remain sexy and attractive to their husband after childbirth..like d whites.

Though some men are still gonna cheat but they'll wanna think twice b4 cheating on ladies like Allesandria Ambrosio,Gisele bundchen..Naomi campbell e.t.c cause literally they offer "almost" the same level of sexual satisfaction as the young chicks.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 05, 2016
"But when you're only "interested" in doing something..you do it when its convenient..."[quote author=Perfectionist11 post=50788821][/quote] I prefer this thanks smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Olanna45(f): 3:47pm On Nov 05, 2016
That your number four sef.

If you are not sure of her, jejely free her na. Why play nairabet with a lady's time and feelings?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by jayAjoku(m): 3:48pm On Nov 05, 2016
honestly I'm reluctant to commit cuz i wanna be on my own , i like my space and stuff we can be cool friends though but a relationship seems a bit boring and stressful i enjoy life without that stress
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Mandu11(m): 3:55pm On Nov 05, 2016
As for me,the main reason is "TIME".I can't imagine spending ma time in a relationship.I value ma \/\/ORK than anithing
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 05, 2016
No Good Marriage role models around him ...

In today's world some are married and living single so he may not be inspired to break the chain but one day you have to because the future relies on our actions today. Playing around will waste time you can use to do great things with people who are willing to understand you they might mock you if your faithful but on judgement day you will laugh last that bible adage is very true about friends

Since Eden men have been looking at us with suspicious eye
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Bhuldoxxa(m): 4:04pm On Nov 05, 2016
browndegreat:
Real matters

Na confirm matters, na legit matters. No be anyhow matters bros.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Bhuldoxxa(m): 4:09pm On Nov 05, 2016
importexpert:
The fact that guys are usually afraid to commit are due to several reasons. Women always want to know why guys are reluctant to commit to a long term relationship or to marriage. These reasons listed below will give you an idea as to why they have fears of tying the knot!

1. He does not want to lose his identity

If you are the pushy and demanding type then he could be afraid that once he commits to you, he will slowly but surely change into the type of person you want him to be. He is afraid of losing his own identity and changing into a lapdog who has to do everything to please you. This could prove very scary for a guy and therefore he is reluctant to make any sort of commitment.

2. He is confused as to what your feelings are for him

If you have not really been forthright and clear about your feelings towards him, then he will be cautious about making a commitment to you. The smallest doubt about you and your feelings will make him reluctant to take a step towards commitment. Only when he knows for sure that you reciprocate his feelings will he turn bold and take the initiative!

3. He hates the thought of being tied down

Most men have a morbid fear of being tied down to one woman all their life! These men are the types that want to enjoy dating different women before they make up their mind. They are generally those who are concentrating on just having a good time instead of being serious and thinking of the future. i know many Nairalanders in this category but i will allow seun and other audience to list the "soup testers" grin grin grin grin

4. He is not sure that you are the right woman for him

There could be a hundred reasons why he has certain doubts as to whether you are the ideal woman for him. He will never make a commitment unless and until he is convinced in his heart that you are the right one for him. Even though he has been dating you all this while, he could feel that there is something missing in the relationship and hence is not ready for commitment.

5. He is terrified of the financial responsibility involved

The very fact that commitment means a whole lot of new responsibilities make men nervous and reluctant to take a step in that direction. In case he is not really financially secure and feels that he will not be able to provide for his wife and family in the near future, he will not be able to commit.

6. He thinks that you have too high expectations

There is no way he is going to commit if you have been setting the standards too high or been having too many high expectations where he is concerned. See if you are the type of woman who has been very demanding, critical and a stickler for perfection in every thing. He is obviously scared of falling short!

7. He is unsure and insecure

If the guy is aware of his faults, failures and shortcomings, then he could become insecure and afraid of facing the future. He will naturally become less confident of being a success and making the relationship ideal. This insecurity will prove to be a huge blockage where commitment is concerned.

8. Add yours

Some could be due to Spiritual wives somewhere in the dark world.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by macaranta(m): 4:13pm On Nov 05, 2016
Nice points
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 05, 2016
All this one na long tory. If a woman is worth it a man will commit

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 05, 2016
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by lawrsmith(m): 4:49pm On Nov 05, 2016
importexpert:
The fact that guys are usually afraid to commit are due to several reasons. Women always want to know why guys are reluctant to commit to a long term relationship or to marriage. These reasons listed below will give you an idea as to why they have fears of tying the knot!

If you are the pushy and demanding type then he could be afraid that once he commits to you, he will slowly but surely change into the type of person you want him to be. He is afraid of losing his own identity and changing into a lapdog who has to do everything to please you. This could prove very scary for a guy and therefore he is reluctant to make any sort of commitment.

If you have not really been forthright and clear about your feelings towards him, then he will be cautious about making a commitment to you. The smallest doubt about you and your feelings will make him reluctant to take a step towards commitment. Only when he knows for sure that you reciprocate his feelings will he turn bold and take the initiative!

Most men have a morbid fear of being tied down to one woman all their life! These men are the types that want to enjoy dating different women before they make up their mind. They are generally those who are concentrating on just having a good time instead of being serious and thinking of the future. i know many Nairalanders in this category but i will allow seun and other audience to list the "soup testers" grin grin grin grin

There could be a hundred reasons why he has certain doubts as to whether you are the ideal woman for him. He will never make a commitment unless and until he is convinced in his heart that you are the right one for him. Even though he has been dating you all this while, he could feel that there is something missing in the relationship and hence is not ready for commitment.

The very fact that commitment means a whole lot of new responsibilities make men nervous and reluctant to take a step in that direction. In case he is not really financially secure and feels that he will not be able to provide for his wife and family in the near future, he will not be able to commit.

There is no way he is going to commit if you have been setting the standards too high or been having too many high expectations where he is concerned. See if you are the type of woman who has been very demanding, critical and a stickler for perfection in every thing. He is obviously scared of falling short!

If the guy is aware of his faults, failures and shortcomings, then he could become insecure and afraid of facing the future. He will naturally become less confident of being a success and making the relationship ideal. This insecurity will prove to be a huge blockage where commitment is concerned.

8. Add yours
non of the reasons are true for a guy that wants to settled down. did you just said that he does nt want to loss his identity? so what will make of woman that change fathers to ur own name? HE IS CONFUSED AS FOR WHAT IS YOUR FEELINGs FOR HIM? hiya! confused kwa? HE HATE THE THOUGHT OF BEEN TIED DOWN? o boy you think like ajo striker ooo.HE IS NOT SURE THAT YOU ARE THE RIGHT WOMAN FOR HIM? please if you think so allow her to move on. egbuzila ya oge. HE IS TERRIFIED ABOUT THE FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY INVOLVES. bro you are talking about broke guys. aren't you? TOO HIGH EXPECTATION KWA? no comment. HE IS UNSURE AND INSECURE? thats for inmature guys.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by lawrsmith(m): 4:55pm On Nov 05, 2016
importexpert:

8. Add yours
non of the reasons are true for a guy that wants to settled down. did you just said that he does nt want to loss his identity? so what will you make of a woman left her parent,sibblings and change her surname to urs? HE IS CONFUSED AS FOR WHAT IS YOUR FEELINGs FOR HIM? hiya! confused kwa? HE HATE THE THOUGHT OF BEEN TIED DOWN? o boy you think like ajo striker ooo.HE IS NOT SURE THAT YOU ARE THE RIGHT WOMAN FOR HIM? please if you think so,allow her to move on. egbuzila ya oge. HE IS TERRIFIED ABOUT THE FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY INVOLVES. bro you are talking about broke guys. aren't you? TOO HIGH EXPECTATION KWA? no comment. HE IS UNSURE AND INSECURE? thats for inmature guys.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by ifycoly: 5:02pm On Nov 05, 2016
FreeSpirited:
Its simply because they have no complete confidence and trust in your character....It doesn't take ages for a man to notice a woman of good character and virtue...and no man will want to leave such woman.
you nail it
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by 9Too: 5:09pm On Nov 05, 2016
dollyjoy:
Actually, Marriage does not prevent men from cheating.
mama de mama!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by ojun50(m): 5:20pm On Nov 05, 2016
freeman95:

remove the 'h' from your words before i slap your face

see one of them oh
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by sirfee(m): 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2016
Commitment ke,I'm not even emotional
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by sirfee(m): 5:27pm On Nov 05, 2016
Commitment ke,I'm not even emotional
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by merxi55(f): 8:16pm On Nov 05, 2016
;Dhehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
just observing who will say, 'men are scared of committing to a woman who's gonna be a liability'
lmao....
but who fear epp... grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by jojothaiv(m): 8:56pm On Nov 05, 2016
Feelings get hurt this days...
Bless God, i'm almost numb to it!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Sparkle75(f): 9:00pm On Nov 05, 2016
judeefcc:
Too young wink , don't want to break their hearts

Nice but I think guys this days just don't want to commit.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Tobium1(m): 9:11pm On Nov 05, 2016
Because of disloyal ho's around us
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 05, 2016
Sparkle75:

Nice but I think guys this days just don't want to commit.
its like a game of cat and mouse, guys are scared , girls dont have faith , now left for the guy to be convincing enough for her to trust him

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by mykel25(m): 9:42pm On Nov 05, 2016
4 is the main reason y I haven't gotten that 25karat golden ring for her n m just about searching for a new person.....2 is an issue too
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Basalt(m): 10:44pm On Nov 05, 2016
ojun50:
We want to receive has many channels has dstv

Yorubas and this "h" factor.
Una Don carry am enter for writing?
I think say na only for talk una dey talk am?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Raskasal(m): 10:46pm On Nov 05, 2016
importexpert:

8. Add yours

I concur
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Nobody: 4:59am On Nov 06, 2016
importexpert:

8. Add yours
5 is the real deal
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by BelleNoireZaire(f): 4:36am On Nov 07, 2016
1. He's afraid to fall in love...period
2. He is complacent and doesn't want to be challenged
3. He doesn't work
4. He would rather flex for the gram, holding his phone at night is lot better than a booty
5. He cares more about his friends opinions, so he should marry them
6. He's scared of responsibility
7. He's not a man yet and should continue to live with his mother so she can continue to take care of him.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by BelleNoireZaire(f): 4:37am On Nov 07, 2016
1. He's afraid to fall in love...period
2. He is complacent and doesn't want to be challenged
3. He doesn't work
4. He would rather flex for the gram, holding his phone at night is lot better than a booty
5. He cares more about his friends opinions, so he should marry them
6. He's scared of responsibility
7. He's not a man yet and should continue to live with his mother so she can continue to take care of him.

I'm sorry this turned into 7 reasons why she won't commit. kiss
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by Spaxon(f): 10:21am On Nov 08, 2016
All this 6point agenda 7 steps to make him fall 499 ways to know ur man 543777 ways to make him commit
all na wash men cheat they are naturally that way don't blame them
Re: 7 Reasons Why Guys Are Reluctant To Commit!!! Come In And Testify by brownekene: 7:26am On Nov 09, 2016
WealthyGeek:

Learn HOW I MAKE $500 WEEKLY ONLINE for free no PDF download all free. http://makereal-dollars..com.ng/2016/11/make-money-online-with-these-methods.html?m=1

CLICK HERE to see how to start making money online with just 1000

for more info, call or whatsapp me with 08069614725

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Ended Up Marrying The Lady I Met On Facebook / Major Martins Dies After Taking Sex Enhancement Drug. Lover Detained For 16 Days / He Was Angry With His Brother Because Of His Fiancee's Unwashed Plates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.