Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

"Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says (75783 Views)

Wole Soyinka Battled With Prostate Cancer / Wole Soyinka And Chimamanda Adichie At The Felabration 2019, Pictured Together / Oretunlewa Soyinka And Nneka Ekechukwu's Wedding In Atlanta (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by gameboyo: 11:44pm On Nov 09, 2016
henrydadon:
grin

he is a man of his words..

for that i salute him..

my respect for him just tripped

[img]http://i./l3vRjx5FExk5ezgl2.gif[/img]

How? Has he torn the green card? Anyone can travel in and out of America including u

3 Likes

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by megama: 11:49pm On Nov 09, 2016
babyfun:
Chai! Na like this my shakara go end?? E no go better for everybody wey vote for this man oo...I'll wait for him to send me back home first sha which he can't.
Why I love Americans is that they do their own thing their own way.
Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by sholay2011(m): 11:51pm On Nov 09, 2016
PATOMAK:
Lemme just leave this here.

Good evening to everyone, especially Nigerian Americans. They need it most. Happy elections. Don't think I'm crazy for greeting you happy elections, in Nigeria we greet people about everything. You have to get used to this now because you are coming back home. So, E ku election.

I very much understand that you will soon be sent packing from there, so I have taken it upon myself to prepare you for the transition. You have just a little time left there, utilize that time to learn more about Nigeria that you are coming back to.

In Nigeria, we don't have light. Buy power bank while coming. Don't say I didn't tell you. Buy power Bank from there because the ones here are just like your marriages, they don't last. Buy a quality one from the abroad when coming. Also, make sure you charge your phone full before coming here. You should also save money for generator. Buy rechargeable lamps and plenty torchlight too.

Also, save enough money for subscription. There is no free WiFi here. For those of you that will be settling in Lokoja, Jidenna and Co, I'll advice you to buy a glo line. Their network is strong.

Save enough money for emergency transport. You will be deported to Nigeria and by the time you get to the airport, you will need to board a keke from the airport to the badagry refugee centre, from where your ancestors had been shipped to America before. Fuel don cost, transport don increase.

Do you eat moi moi? Learn it. In Nigeria you cannot sit down and order pizza anytime you want. The only order you can make is when you yell to the moi moi seller across the road to bring hot moi moi for you.

Learn proper home training. In Nigeria the only time the police will arrest your parents for hitting you is after you are dead already. And they will later settle the case as "a family affair". If you think you can come here to speak 'innit' for your parents, it's the neighbours that will help them beat you.

Are you a graduate? Doesn't matter. There is no job. Your American accent will not give you a job, except your father knows someone who knows another person that knows a politician, you won't have a job.

Dear American Lover Boy, Nnewi girl will not go Dutch with you. As a matter of fact, no Naija girl will go Dutch with you. You have to prove your masculinity by paying for the date. No one is splitting the bills with you when you take a girl on a date.

When you bruise with a stranger in the market, PLEASE CHECK IF YOUR PENIS IS STILL INTACT.

Learn the Nigerian names of common products. No one will sell "sausage rolls" for you. If you can't call it the Nigerian name- "Gala", no one would have time for you. Noodles is "Indomie". Pasta is "spaghetti". All seasoning is "maggi".

Dear American girl, you cannot dress anyhow you like. Your neighbours will eye you. The random old woman in the market will hiss at you. The random lady in the bus will preach to you. The area boys will jeer you. You might want to report "harassment" to the police, they will arrest you for indecent dressing.

Dear lovers, in Nigeria we don't show public display of affection. You cannot be kissing your boyfriend under the rain. The old woman passing by will invoke thunder to strike the both of you.

These are some of the basic tips to help you adapt after you have been deported. More to come in the evening.
😂😂😂😂😂😂
# copied
Lmao! POST OF THE DAY! grin grin
Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by Taryur3(m): 11:57pm On Nov 09, 2016
Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by kikake: 12:00am On Nov 10, 2016
Wole Soyinka, come back to Nigeria.

No man of integrity ever made the type of vow you made about Trump, and fails to fulfil the voe.

The Buhari you helped to make president of Nigeria has brought hunger and want to the people.

1 Like

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by spinna: 12:00am On Nov 10, 2016
Trump and Black people cartoon, better start packing yo bags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idkIfWrb-5U

1 Like

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 10, 2016
Taryur3:

Sorry,I removed my comment because I dont think nigerians like cmmon sense. they prefer ignorance.
wishing their uncle deported just shows how bad minded nigerians are.

1 Like

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by almarthins(m): 12:07am On Nov 10, 2016
wristbangle:
Welcome home professor and kindly tear their useless green card.

I just love him as he actually kept to his words.

To the disgruntled IPOB members calling him names earlier, you can see he stood by his words hence not speaking from both side of mouths as you clearly states it represents a typical behaviour of an afonja person.

This is someone that stood for your current agitation and fought for u during Biafra war. Don't you think you people are being ungrateful?

Some of biafrans don't know history at all, when they speak you hear tribalism, you hear ignorance, you hear sentimental judgements... They should stop calling Yoruba's afonjas. We didn't put them in there current situation there leaders did. After all ego(money) is much important to Igbo's than Biafra.
Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by CentaurX(m): 12:16am On Nov 10, 2016
The "Racism" has started already tho' !
A black friend of mine just showed me this picture of his locker.

Lets just sit back and watch. It's barely 24hoirs and this already happened! undecided

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by mamawin(f): 12:20am On Nov 10, 2016
Turks:
See as the guy resemble GEJ sha..Or is it just me? shocked
You are damn right, I saw that too

1 Like

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by exnovio(m): 12:28am On Nov 10, 2016
Oya, nor waste time oo, and u must tear ur green card, if I hear sey you are in America tommorrow , then it will be a shame to u.

1 Like

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by Icon79(m): 12:30am On Nov 10, 2016
I don't blame him o, jare. This is a sad day for all the immigrants in the United States.

May God help us survive this hurricane Trump sad
Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by Opharhe: 12:30am On Nov 10, 2016
wristbangle:

To the disgruntled IPOB members calling him names earlier, you can see he stood by his words hence not speaking from both side of mouths as you clearly states it represents a typical behaviour of an afonja person.

This is someone that stood for your current agitation and fought for u during Biafra war. Don't you think you people are being ungrateful?
Bros Take it easy. Na joke dem dey joor. Just like this trening 'is this how you use to do' picture of Soyinka.

I don't think any INFORMED Igbo or Pro-Biafran will seriously malign or insult Prof. Wole. They love him.

1 Like

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by Emassive(m): 12:34am On Nov 10, 2016
The great green card tearer...lol

1 Like

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by AuroraB(f): 12:55am On Nov 10, 2016
orijintv:
Nigga Is Comin Back To Nigeria To Chill Until Dis Tearin Of Green Card Issue is Over !! Den Boom , He Go Sneak Enter U.S again ... I Knw Him Scope Na wink
grin

2 Likes

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by EzeNri(m): 1:01am On Nov 10, 2016
wristbangle:

Shut up! Always dragging IPOB into their madness. Can't u complete a sentence without finding a way to smuggle IPOB into it.
Grateful to who? An ediat that insulted over 40 millions Igbos accusing them of voting in the line of their stomach, 'cause they refused to be part of this country's problems by not voting chanji.
He should come back home and enjoy the madness he contributed to make out of this country. An ediat telling Americans who to vote, while he is busy running from the one he personally voted.

3 Likes

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by Nobody: 1:02am On Nov 10, 2016
America's greatness today is as a result of the strugles of men of integrity and dignity.When a prof supports a criminal like Amaechi,he should know he needs divine intervention to regain his dignity which he obviously sold out.America does not need your type because you certainly have nothing to offer them,they did you a great favour by letting you live in a country where truth and justice prevails.

1 Like

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by EzeNri(m): 1:07am On Nov 10, 2016
hobermener:
Walking the talk, i respect that!!!!!
And to think that some deluded black souls could come up chanting praises and eulogies to a kkk member who has denigrated and rubbished the black race, even sponsoring ads on magazines that made sure some innocent black dudes served time for an offense they knew nothing of, speaks volumes of the stupidity and shallow mindedness of the black race.

So you are now better than over 60 million that voted for Trump? So u Sabi pass the Hispanics in Florida that stood with him or Hillary that congratulated him.
U are a terrorist. Or one of their sympathiser and Team Putin,Trump,Assad will fry your ass in the Lavent.

1 Like

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by Burgerlomo: 1:14am On Nov 10, 2016
orijintv:
Nigga Is Comin Back To Nigeria To Chill Until Dis Tearin Of Green Card Issue is Over !! Den Boom , He Go Sneak Enter U.S again ... I Knw Him Scope Na wink

You're bad grin What about if it is you? Do you blame him?

1 Like

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by redsun(m): 1:17am On Nov 10, 2016
He doesn't need a green to survive,he can enter America with it without green card anytime he wants as a citizen of planet earth. And that is the position that everyone that knows the truth finds him/herself. The right to roam freely on earth that he/she dominates.

1 Like

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by moshino(m): 1:20am On Nov 10, 2016
wristbangle:

Seeing is believing. Can you see the pix?

I see a picture of him in an airplane, I don't know if he's coming or going, I don't know which airport...Abuja, Lagos, Uyo, SA, Brazil, UK etc. I didn't see him cut up his green card either. You, what did you see in that picture, what did your mind convince you that you saw?

2 Likes

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by redsun(m): 1:38am On Nov 10, 2016
One would have thought Soyinka flies 1class or at least,busineaa class.

That looks like pass make I pass class. reparation is the answer for Blackman and the time has come for us to start seeing Africa as our playing field where we can make the rules of the game.

It will be great if he can make a point by sticking to his words,because yesterday was a sad day for freedom, homogeneity and quest for equality in the world.
Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by Nobody: 1:42am On Nov 10, 2016
Shame on you if you don't tear that green card, while you are at it don't go to Britain again, cause they voted for brexit. Next is that Angela Markell idiot, Germans need to send her home, or even out of Germany if possible.

1 Like

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by Orikinla(m): 1:44am On Nov 10, 2016
Stocks Rise Sharply in Dramatic Turnaround After Donald Trump Wins Election | TIME
http://time.com/4565252/donald-trump-election-stock-market-rise/

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by Taryur3(m): 1:45am On Nov 10, 2016
babajohn7:
Sorry,I removed my comment because I dont think nigerians like cmmon sense. they prefer ignorance.
wishing their uncle deported just shows how bad minded nigerians are.
I dnt blame you bro...you are right with ur opinions.I quickly removed mine too so I won't stand as a fool writing on just a dot sign lol.it touches me either on how awful those guys on nairaland wishing there friends and uncle badluck just becos dey didn't send dem somtin.i dnt think Trump can even deport 11million illegal immigrant under 4yrs...that is impossible. But what Nigerians are saying on social media is Trump is deporting the Nigerians in united state,I think they are delusional to have such thinkings. I stand out to be wise and not a fool like this guys...

2 Likes

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by Nobody: 1:51am On Nov 10, 2016
Thumbs up proff. Soyinka! U're no coward like some chest-beating/un-couth touts!
Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by Nobody: 2:03am On Nov 10, 2016
wristbangle:

Ve u seen Prof finally returned home? U believed wat ds guy wrote?. I don't believe will finally return immediately!!!
Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by kaylex1994(m): 2:08am On Nov 10, 2016
Lol..e catch them...Nah so...last last that recession u are running from now you will take part...trump wanna turn the tides...not a good one for the fresher's there though angry

1 Like

Re: "Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says by Ramaa(m): 2:13am On Nov 10, 2016
We need to think carefully before we speak.....
Sorry for him...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

<<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> / Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him / Mending Fences (romance)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.