Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,323 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

How Do I Go About Divorce? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Go About Divorce? (17368 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My 63-year-old Wife Starves Me Of Sex, Divorce-seeking Septuagenarian Tells Cour / Things You May Not Know About Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by gshyne(m): 3:15pm On Nov 03, 2009
Y this so called posakosa just turn himself to supreme court. u just keep on goin on bout their marriage been sham as if u dey there wit em or sabi the husband in question. U ve made ur point. it COULD be a sham wedding but you really are in no position to pass such judgement. Lost girl didnt claim she was paid. In the states where i assume u re dont marriages fail for other reasons? i ve read thru d post and nothing constructive has come from u on this particular post tho i ve enjoyed reading ur other posts n comments. lets others give opinion too rather than try enforce ur unfounded belief on us. Sorry lost girl i agree wit posakosa but only you know wat really went wrong wit ur marriage. lostgirl i ll advice u go thru divorce proceedings in the states or better still turn to a solicitor for advice this case is no way near as complex as u make out.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by lostgirl: 3:15pm On Nov 03, 2009
to all of you who have responded, I visited an attorney yesterday just as I said I would.  These threads and forums are for opinions and friendly advice. They are not to be taken seriously
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by DeepSight(m): 3:17pm On Nov 03, 2009
You'd better get it legally done right here so there ar eno twisted knots in future, you never can tell - do a nice clean divorce in the Nigerian Courts.

Cheers.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by lostgirl: 3:18pm On Nov 03, 2009
@ gshyne i was not making it difficult. i posed a simple question on whether or not a divorce was necessary and otheres took it to a whole different level.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by posakosa(m): 3:20pm On Nov 03, 2009
gshyne:

Y this so called posakosa just turn himself to supreme court. u just keep on goin on bout their marriage been sham as if u dey there wit em or sabi the husband in question. U ve made your point. it COULD be a sham wedding but you really are in no position to pass such judgement. Lost girl didnt claim she was paid. In the states where i assume u re dont marriages fail for other reasons? i ve read thru d post and nothing constructive has come from u on this particular post tho i ve enjoyed reading your other posts n comments. lets others give opinion too rather than try enforce your unfounded belief on us. Sorry lost girl i agree wit posakosa but only you know wat really went wrong wit your marriage. lostgirl i ll advice u go thru divorce proceedings in the states or better still turn to a solicitor for advice this case is no way near as complex as u make out.

Thanks that you have enjoyed reading my other posts. Im sorry for being soo crude, but I often hear too many stories of American women being exploited by Nigerian men all because these men want the green card. If you want it soo bad, simply and merely make it a business transaction. <this guarantees the most successful transaction>

Don't think u're smarter than everyone else and play on people emotions or feelings. By telling them you love them, getting them pregnant, or marrying them.   ITS EVIL. Hence, I have NO SYMPATHY for men who do that.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by posakosa(m): 3:21pm On Nov 03, 2009
lostgirl:

@ gshyne i was not making it difficult. i posed a simple question on whether or not a divorce was necessary and otheres took it to a whole different level.

I didn't take it to a different level. BASED ON YOUR OTHER THREAD. It shows YOU ARE HURTING. Don't Lie, HE HURT YOU.  I have met many women like yourselves. Sorry you got played. Next time, u'll be wiser. At least you don't have any children.

If u're NOT hurting why would you be seeking closure.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=13194.msg4823314#msg4823314

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=344742.msg4825598#msg4825598
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by posakosa(m): 3:22pm On Nov 03, 2009
Sorry But I only felt BAD for you.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by lostgirl: 3:26pm On Nov 03, 2009
@ Posakosa. i didnt single you out as the culprit. Hurt and anger go hand in hand. I don't have a reason to lie about anything. No one here knows me. I am starting to believe you have nothing better to do then judge people By their posts here.  I was angry because I had been lied too. I wanted to know exactly what I asked. THE TRUTH. I got what I wanted and I moved on. But you seem to take pleasure in reading something into a situation that is not there.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by posakosa(m): 3:27pm On Nov 03, 2009
^^^^^^ ok, accept my condolenses. grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by lostgirl: 3:32pm On Nov 03, 2009
I really did appreciate your replies posakosa. but sometimes you have to take people at their word and not assume that they are beating around the bush or hiding something.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by Nezan(m): 3:34pm On Nov 03, 2009
I think the OP has all the advices she needs. Its left for her to select one and work with, QED.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by posakosa(m): 3:35pm On Nov 03, 2009
@ lostgirl: and did your lawyer tell you to go back to Nigerian to get a divorce as other have suggested ? grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by lostgirl: 3:37pm On Nov 03, 2009
@ posakosa. Told me in most cases it is not necessary. Only if something there is done to mess it up and even then I would not have to be in contact with him only with an attorney there.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by posakosa(m): 3:39pm On Nov 03, 2009
lostgirl:

@ posakosa. Told me in most cases it is not necessary. Only if something there is done to mess it up and even then I would not have to be in contact with him only with an attorney there.

I knew I went to Law school for a reason. Pls move on with ur life and don't look back. The stars are bright. Be well ~
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by lostgirl: 3:46pm On Nov 03, 2009
Lol. Thank You.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by cvibe: 4:09pm On Nov 03, 2009
@ Poster,

Divorce is necessary because the marriage is recognized even by the US embassy once it's conducted at Ikoyi registry.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by 0sisi: 4:17pm On Nov 03, 2009
Get a lawyer girl and get a proper advise,don't listen to some of these clowns in here telling you it was never a proper marriage,it is.
you've probably filled out several papers identifying yourself as married, you need a divorce paper to prove that you're no longer married, when the need to show such proof arises.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by posakosa(m): 5:11pm On Nov 03, 2009
THE GIRL GOT HER ANSWER ALREADY:

posakosa:

@ lostgirl: and did your lawyer tell you to go back to Nigerian to get a divorce as other have suggested ? grin grin grin grin

lostgirl:

Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by posakosa(m): 5:12pm On Nov 03, 2009
No wise lawyer would waste their time on a SHAM marriage that took place in Nigeria.    grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by IgboGirl(f): 6:23pm On Nov 03, 2009
@posakosa
are you ok? why u keep insisting the marriage is sham even after u were told the marriage was registered in Nigeria? did Nigeria marriage registry write sham across the marriage document? US govt takes bigamy very serious, u may think u r helping lostgirl to move on but u are only preparing a way for her to get nabbed by US authorities.

@lostgirl
pay no attention to that posakosa. as long as u r still married to the Nigerian man u can not marry anyone in US unless u legally file for divorce. the man may have married u for green card purposes but the marriage was still legally registered and u need to legally divorce him first before u can marry another man. you really do not want to take chances on this, moving on and re-marrying without divorce from previous marriage is taking chances and u may not like the outcome so, your best option is file for divorce. it's funny how u keep agreeing with posakosa's take on this when every other poster is telling u otherwise. anyway, your life your choice, do what u gotta do and be prepared for any consequences.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by SouthUnity: 6:23pm On Nov 03, 2009
2 option, 1. open case with immigration. this way they have it on record. he can never file or use immigration service or trick others again. immigration would not allow him to bring a new wife into the USA or anybody if they have a record. if you have strong prove , even after green card, he can be deported. if immigration have it on a file, he can never use the immigration to trick people.2.you may refuse to divorce, if he get married sue. it is a crime and he would be in jail
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by posakosa(m): 6:42pm On Nov 03, 2009
@Igbogirl----STOP BEATING A DEAD HORSE. undecided undecided
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by cvibe: 7:14pm On Nov 03, 2009
@ Poster, but why did you accept and agree to fly all the way to Nija to come and marry him?  Just curious!
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by 0sisi: 7:20pm On Nov 03, 2009
posakosa:

No wise lawyer would waste their time on a SHAM marriage that took place in Nigeria. grin grin grin grin

You sound so ignorant.
did you graduate from a commercial school?
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by koolchicco: 7:27pm On Nov 03, 2009
0sisi:

You sound so ignorant.

Chai!!! U don finish my Boss (Posakosa) 4 here!! cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by posakosa(m): 7:36pm On Nov 03, 2009
cvibe:

@ Poster, but why did you accept and agree to fly all the way to Nija to come and marry him?  Just curious!

you and I know the answer------ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by posakosa(m): 7:37pm On Nov 03, 2009
0sisi:

You sound so ignorant.

lostgirl:

This answers her question. No need to engage in dialogue with you.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by posakosa(m): 7:38pm On Nov 03, 2009
koolchicco:

Chai!!! U don finish my Boss (Posakosa) 4 here!! cheesy cheesy

noo mind dey girl jo---- they don ban am finish-- she wan dey talk. Let her go back to abuabu in the religious section.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by koolchicco: 7:58pm On Nov 03, 2009
posakosa:

noo mind dey girl jo---- they don ban am finish-- she wan dey talk. Let her go back to abuabu in the religious section.

Hahahaha, Posa u're a funny Man! grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by 0sisi: 8:04pm On Nov 03, 2009
posakosa:

This answers her question. No need to engage in dialogue with you.

you've left eh kwa?
you have headed off to sweet sensation to eat abi?
take it easy before you eat the one wey you no fit vomit grin
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by 0sisi: 8:05pm On Nov 03, 2009
posakosa:

ROFL
abubakir is a well known mumu,your own diagnosis still awaits further diagnostic tests. grin
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by koolchicco: 8:14pm On Nov 03, 2009
0sisi:

you've left eh kwa?
you have headed off to sweet sensation to eat abi?
take it easy before you eat the one wey you no fit vomit grin

Posa my friend, abeg no eat for there oo! I hia say na 4 toilet dem dey mix pounded yam. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? / Divorce In Nigeria / If Your Husband Has A Child Out Of Wedlock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.