Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,172 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

How Do I Go About Divorce? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Go About Divorce? (17366 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My 63-year-old Wife Starves Me Of Sex, Divorce-seeking Septuagenarian Tells Cour / Things You May Not Know About Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by Theblessed(f): 6:36pm On Nov 05, 2009
becomrich,:

Theblessed here is my song for you.

Don moen --- God would make a way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hOjYR8UZT8

God will make a way
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me
He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength
For each new day
He will make a way
He will make a way

By a roadway in the wilderness
He'll lead me
And rivers in the desert will I see
Heaven and earth will fade
But His Word will still remain
He will do something new today

Wow!! 

Very nice of you Becomerich!

Thanks for such a sweet melody!

And how creative a man, you are.

Can't stop singing and humming it

ever since I set my eyes on it.

Once again, thanks and God bless!
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by elisabet51(f): 9:13pm On Nov 26, 2009
Hey i am in a similar situation. Ive gotten married to a guy from Lagos. We actually did get married in the Uk where I first met him. I am in a very big mess. I realized too late that he is a scammer. He has a criminal record in the Uk for false passport. I found out that he lived in Germany to. He only married me coz of my money. He has profiles on lots of social websites with false age and addresses . Awhile ago he send me an email claiming that he divorced me and saying that he's married with kid. wo weeks ago i received another email he threathened me to rape me and my daughter when he is coming over in december to the US. By the way I am originally from Germany and still a citizen there but live in the US with my kids. This is a big mess and I've trying to get him convicted of fraud and bigamy. He is still in Lagos and trying to do anything to get out of this situation.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by Fhemmmy: 9:15pm On Nov 26, 2009
^^^ That is very serious.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by elisabet51(f): 9:41pm On Nov 26, 2009
Yes very serious. Nobody really believes my story. Story is listed under "please help". I don't want him back. All i want get this fraudsder in jail wher he belongs. I moved on but he took all my money and as i said its BIGAMY! He is under the name Obodoman attacking me here on Nairaland telling a bunch of lies.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by posakosa(m): 10:05pm On Nov 26, 2009
elisabet51:

Yes very serious. Nobody really believes my story. Story is listed under "please help". I don't want him back. All i want get this fraudsder in jail wher he belongs. I moved on but he took all my money and as i said its BIGAMY! He is under the name Obodoman attacking me here on Nairaland telling a bunch of lies.

I almost died reading this---- hahahahahahahaha! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by Fhemmmy: 10:08pm On Nov 26, 2009
posakosa:

I almost died reading this---- hahahahahahahaha! grin grin grin grin grin

Why dying, abi u know the dude?
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by Fhemmmy: 10:08pm On Nov 26, 2009
elisabet51:

Just hang in there.
Do u guy have kids together?
If you do, for the best of the kids, you guys need to find a common ground, at least for the sake of that child.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by elisabet51(f): 10:45pm On Nov 26, 2009
No no kids, thank God not. I have two daughters from my first marriage. Father died when they were little.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by Fhemmmy: 11:13pm On Nov 26, 2009
elisabet51:

No no kids, thank God not. I have two daughters from my first marriage. Father died when they were little.

Then, you shd be happy.
Just move on and be happy.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by paddylo1(m): 3:32am On Dec 08, 2009
@mamaput

mamaput how bodi. . .long time no yarn

i no know say u still dey visit these parts,me i just come back like 1months ago

how ya daughters dey now. . .

make sure say u send them come naija come marry

u know say na black dey reign now,afterall look obama

anyhow. . .i dey hail
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by omahost005: 9:47am On Dec 08, 2009
Posa! u talk as if u know this lady or rather, the man (husband).

Lostgirl, please do the right thing. Make sure u divorce him b4 getting involve in another marriage; in other not to complicate issues. Good luck 2 u.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by omahost005: 9:51am On Dec 08, 2009
Posa! u talk as if u know this lady or rather, the man (husband).

Lostgirl, please do the right thing. Make sure u divorce him b4 getting involve in another marriage;  in other not to complicate issues. Good luck 2 u.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by najayi: 4:09pm On Dec 08, 2009
Hi, lost girl, marriage is marriage, and whatever you do , believe me, you are going to give account to God one day, some day. Why do you want to divorce him, can't you settle the case between the 2 of you? Moving on with your life, do you know the lifestyle of the man you're going to meet later in the future? All men are the same, there is no ideal man, all of them are the same, you will be the one to help your husband out and shape him to your own taste. Have you forgotten the primary pirpose why you were made, to help the man that comes to your life i.e the man that proposed to you in marriage. Please do not divorce him. God hates divorce, he said, "I hate putting away." May God give you guidiance and provide light on your paths in Jesus name, amen.

Najayi.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by Theblessed(f): 6:21pm On Dec 08, 2009
elisabet51:

[b]Hi Sister,

Like my other posts, I am going to be very blunt here besides, I do not do BLIND and THICK PATRIOTISM. I am absolutely passionate about things I consider "UNFAIR and UNJUST" therefore, I expect negative reactions from all and sundry to my post but, who cares as long as I have the last word.

You see, I could see why you needed a man in your life - but do you really need them? Look at it now?? Like most  women would do including myself, you did it to give your children a real sense of family unit and the stability in life but unfortunately and out of your desperation, you made a wrong decision by choosing 'a loser, a dupe and a thief' and that's the mistake we make in order to mature. Hear it now, and let me make it clear to all non-Nigerian women who fancy our men.  

To start with, Nigerian men are very smart and very, very witty - don't mess with them!

In terms of relationships, they prefer their women to be VIRGINS and the younger they are, the better, ok!

They do not marry women that have been ridden by other men and have children by them, period. Why?  Because society frown on that and their mates and family would jeer and abuse them for it for life and they won't have face hence, an ego bashing factor. They don't go there! Again, listen, they may tell you everything you want to hear to convince you, but remember this word "THEY DON'T GO THERE!" grin grin grin grin grin and if they say they do, I need the statistics to prove it! A handful of people is not enough to prove the true nature of things, abi??

If they ever do, they are not being honest! They are doing it for material reasons - there is something in it for them, something to be gained from it and the relationship won't last a second once they get that thing.  If there are children in that relationship, they would still leave but keep bumping in and out of their children's lives without much contributions, what a mess! If you want that for your children, good luck!!!   

In their interactions with a woman with children from previous relationships, they are reluctant to accept and treat your children as they would, their own. No!!! Nigerian men or should I say African men as a whole, don't operate like that.

Like most Western men, would take on a child that is not theirs and give him/her life and future they can only dream of, raising them completely as their own without complaints or asking for rewards? Naaaaaa!!!!!smiley smiley smiley smiley They don't do that. They are highly discriminatory in this aspect. If they ever go into it, they are basically swallowing bitter pills and you would know about it when you have arguments. They would not play a truly fatherly role in those children's lives. I know many would comment negatively about my post on here but I don't give a monkey therefore, I challenge them to point to the statistics that vindicated them in this aspect. It's all about humanity, isn't it 

Also, in a broken marriage/relationship, 30% (Ah, this is a high number o o sad sad sad sad ) of Nigerian men would only look after their own children if you are lucky and I know how many of these children (victims) languishing/suffering badly as a result of the abandonment from their fathers. In this respect, majority would dump their children and abandon their responsibilities on their ex-wives/girlfriends and move on to another desperately husband searching Nigerian woman or women from other races, just like youself etc who think they are the best women for him.

This is one of the reasons men all over the world trash women.  Because, they know another desperately husband searching woman is round the corner and waiting to take them on, once they move out of their family homes. This is the problem!  If only women would stick together and give such men their matching orders - to go back to their wives/girlfriends and children then, men would begin to rethink their behaviours towards women but, would women do so?? No, hence men continue to abuse our intelligence.

So, my dear sister do whatever you can to rid this rogue, off your hands please.  I really pity you as this is one of the things that give Nigerians negative name all over the world. Too bad but good luck with your fight to rid yourself off, this dead donkey!
[/b]
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by Theblessed(f): 6:30pm On Dec 08, 2009
najayi:

Hi, lost girl, marriage is marriage, and whatever you do , believe me, you are going to give account to God one day, some day. Why do you want to divorce him, can't you settle the case between the 2 of you? Moving on with your life, do you know the lifestyle of the man you're going to meet later in the future? All men are the same, there is no ideal man, all of them are the same, you will be the one to help your husband out and shape him to your own taste. Have you forgotten the primary pirpose why you were made, to help the man that comes to your life i.e the man that proposed to you in marriage. Please do not divorce him. God hates divorce, he said, "I hate putting away." May God give you guidiance and provide light on your paths in Jesus name, amen.

Najayi.

Hey, babe! Who ever you are please, stop preaching! You don't change people unless they want to be changed, ok! Therefore, you can't shape a man to your taste - i.e what you want them to be.  They are not children, please! This attitude is what kept women in bondage from men.  We are always expected to play this good wifery thing - to forgive and forget! No, to change behaviour you've got to react against it and do the opposite! This preaching doesn't wash on modern women!
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by elisabet51(f): 2:25am On Dec 15, 2009
I do agree with You! Forgive and forget? Not a chance!! I want my money back from t one who I thought is my husband. Then ill be finished with him. angry
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by vercetti(m): 2:54pm On Dec 18, 2009
Just talk to your lawyer in the US
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by elisabet51(f): 3:07pm On Dec 18, 2009
Thank You i have already notified the authoryties.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by preciousangel: 2:12am On Feb 04, 2012
I was married in 2003 in the united states (i am american my husband is nigerian), he was not able to return back to the states when he left to go home due to his papers. last year (2011) he remarried how do i go about getting a divorce from him legally with out im around because since i threatened him last october to tell his parents to pay for the divorce i can not get in contact with him. I want it done as soon as possible.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by elisabet51(f): 4:01pm On Feb 04, 2012
I am so sorry You in that bad situation to, my husband told me that he divorced me but he never send papers so I know he lied about it, you can file for divorce here in the US but lawyers are very expensive or go to the courthouse and get papers for it, its less expensive,
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by shsu97: 12:56am On Jun 26, 2015
I am going through same situation. Where you able to get your divorce? I am in Texas and my guy is in Nigeria...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? / Divorce In Nigeria / If Your Husband Has A Child Out Of Wedlock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.