Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,217 members, 7,811,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

How Do I Go About Divorce? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Go About Divorce? (17370 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My 63-year-old Wife Starves Me Of Sex, Divorce-seeking Septuagenarian Tells Cour / Things You May Not Know About Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by posakosa(m): 8:28pm On Nov 03, 2009
0sisi:

ROFL
abubakir is a well known mumu,your own diagnosis still awaits further diagnostic tests. grin

not to worry we are not on the same level; there's nothing to diagnose.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by posakosa(m): 8:31pm On Nov 03, 2009
koolchicco:

[/b]

Posa my friend, abeg no eat for there oo! I hia say na 4 toilet dem dey mix pounded yam. grin grin

anybody wey chop for outside, suppose take the risk----abi wetin you talk---but my cousin own chinese restaurant for V.I, na there I dey chop when I dey Lagos---- when I was younger though I used to like Mr. Biggs----- I also like one mamaput wey dey Lagos, na there I dey chop---- back in the days, na so I dey jump fence for school go chop for buka. grin grin

those were the good old days.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by osakawa: 9:15pm On Nov 03, 2009
Lostgirl, do not listen to the likes of POSAKOSA. He is the type that would talk down on others when he doesnt have the opportunity but will do more than those he criticizes if he has the chance. What a sore loser he is.

You sure had fun while it lasted no doubt, but shit happens like they say.

Go to Las Vegas and get an instant divorce or an uncontested divorce to free yourself.
www.legalzoom.com can help or www.wethepeople.com, if you cannot afford an Attorney.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by becomrich15: 9:33pm On Nov 03, 2009
It is a criminal case over here. He could end up in jail.

what you do is inform citizen and immigration. You may have a green card, but you would never get citizen. As long as immigration knows what had happen. They would hold on to the file for a long time. even if he tries to file a sponsorship for a person. they would never allow it.

I know some people who were sponsored  . even a nigerian 10 years after he has no resident. His file is on hold. his son is already 10 years.

If you report it to immigration. They would put the information on his files. And when he tries to sponsor someone into the USA or within the USA. They would refuse. I know someone in the USA for the last 16 years , he has problem.

If you want to marry, marry for real. Nigerian are criminal.  You want cheat abi, then get ready for jail,

Now they can track you. even they can bud your phone to find out who is telling a lie.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by posakosa(m): 9:38pm On Nov 03, 2009
^^^^^^ nice one grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by lostgirl: 9:42pm On Nov 03, 2009
@ posakosa and Cvibe.

I didnt travel to Naija to get married. Was the last thing on my mind. All that marriage jazz happened later. Haven't you ever wanted to go somewhere you have never been before?

Posakosa you are such a knowitall. But you really don't have a clue. At least not about my past relationship. Stop making assumptions.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by osakawa: 9:47pm On Nov 03, 2009
I knew I went to Law school for a reason. Pls move on with your life and don't look back. The stars are bright. Be well ~
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

This posakosa guy is really a clown. A so called "Lawyer" without brains. I am sorry for anyone that would hire him to represent them in Court. His Nigerian birth certificate is also not valid or recognized in the United States according to his theory.

Woman wrapper like him wey you no fit trust with him friends wife. (reason he wants the men to be reported to immigration and FBI, so that he can take over their women). That's why he went to Nigeria to import a village bride.

stupid bitch
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by leye1234(m): 10:32pm On Nov 03, 2009
@posakosa
you really need some kitten. try to release some stress bro.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by posakosa(m): 10:33pm On Nov 03, 2009
osakawa:

I knew I went to Law school for a reason. Pls move on with your life and don't look back. The stars are bright. Be well ~
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

This posakosa guy is really a clown. A so called "Lawyer" without brains. I am sorry for anyone that would hire him to represent them in Court. His Nigerian birth certificate is also not valid or recognized in the United States according to his theory.

Woman wrapper like him wey you no fit trust with him friends wife. (reason he wants the men to be reported to immigration and FBI, so that he can take over their women). That's why he went to Nigeria to import a village bride.

stupid bitch

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by posakosa(m): 10:34pm On Nov 03, 2009
leye1234:

@posakosa
you really need some kitten. try to release some stress bro.

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by posakosa(m): 10:35pm On Nov 03, 2009
lostgirl:

@ posakosa and Cvibe.

I didnt travel to Naija to get married. Was the last thing on my mind. All that marriage jazz happened later. Haven't you ever wanted to go somewhere you have never been before?

Posakosa you are such a knowitall. But you really don't have a clue. At least not about my past relationship. Stop making assumptions.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=344742.msg4856073#msg4856073
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by amebono1: 12:54am On Nov 04, 2009
posakosa abeg sheesh, who told you the wedding in nigeria is not legal even when it was performed at a registry, be it for green card or whatever, how come the men in the states marry in naija and later make way for their wives to join them? undecided

all of una wey dey naija sef, wey no go shut up if una no sabi wetin una dey talk

BTW who dash you law school, seh na for bassey house you go your own law school grin grin grin grin abeg sheesh, university ground u never see na law school

see as people contradict themselves, stop spewing your ignorance here jare
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by ajayi1(m): 3:17am On Nov 04, 2009
Wedding in Nigeria is Legal so stop the argument.

@ posakosa

You need to know more details before falling on conclusion.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by Fhemmmy: 3:59am On Nov 04, 2009
^^^Lol
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by Theblessed(f): 8:53am On Nov 04, 2009
lostgirl:

I am American married a Nigerian in registry ceremony in Nigeria. Never had a ceremony in U. S. Do I need to go thru the trouble of divorcing him in Nigeria or can I just go on with my life?

[b] Are you sure your marriage has been irretrievably broken down? If you are sure in your heart of hearts then, get a Barrister in Nigeria and serve him his divorce papers.  But be ready, the fight is gonna be lengthy and cost you some Naira as Nigerian Laws do not support quickie divorces (but no skin pain if you can afford it and as long as you find happiness in the end). Another thing to consider, Nigerian men are not averse to women divorcing them because, it has always been a culture where the men leave or divorces the women and the women are left 'holding the baby'. Remember, Nigerian men "EGO's" are higher than Mount Everest - Don't you ever forget that! And now, you are divorcing him - EGO has now been dented and he is like a wounded lion so be careful! Keep him, his family and friends at a distance if I were you. As a foreigner, focus on your Barristers, your good friends and pray that God find you a man that truely loves you.  Good luck![/b]
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by posakosa(m): 9:43am On Nov 04, 2009
Many of your here are missing my point. I have never stated that ALL WEDDINGS AND MARRIAGES IN NIGERIA ARE NOT LEGAL.

You should take the time to read the posters other posts; then u'll get my drift as to why I conclude that she doesn't need to waste her time getting a divorce------
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by posakosa(m): 9:44am On Nov 04, 2009
posakosa:

Many of your here are missing my point. I have never stated that ALL WEDDINGS AND MARRIAGES IN NIGERIA ARE NOT LEGAL.

You should take the time to read the posters other posts; then u'll get my drift as to why I conclude that she doesn't need to waste her time getting a divorce------

Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by posakosa(m): 9:47am On Nov 04, 2009
lostgirl:

@ posakosa and Cvibe.
I didnt travel to Naija to get married. Was the last thing on my mind.

She got married in a Nigerian registry BUT NEVER TRAVELED TO NAIJA grin grin grin grin grin-------MANY of you other posters should READ before posting. wink
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by throttler(f): 10:43am On Nov 04, 2009
pooossssssssssaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkooooosssssssssssaaaaaaaaa grin

i get what you are driving at, but e be like say you no sabi english sometimes.

the lady said she didnt go to naija to get married. meaning thats not her intention for going to naija, not saying she didnt go at all. undecided

hope i am right, cos me self no dey sabi english when the sun is up. cheesy
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by posakosa(m): 10:47am On Nov 04, 2009
throttler:

pooossssssssssaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkooooosssssssssssaaaaaaaaa grin

i get what you are driving at, but e be like say you no sabi english sometimes.

the lady said she didnt go to naija to get married. meaning thats not her intention for going to naija, not saying she didnt go at all. undecided

hope i am right, cos me self no dey sabi english when the sun is up. cheesy

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe----------------- shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by wirinet(m): 12:34pm On Nov 04, 2009
I usually do not comment on Romance and family section but this thread caught my attention from the first page.
I kind of Agree with Posakosa to some extent.  My advice for you is to move on with your life. The cost of going through a divorce contracted under dubious conditions (deceit) will drain you emotionally and financially. Also you should avoid going to a Nigerian court or going to Nigeria for whatever purpose, because even the simplest task is time consuming and fraught with loopholes and obstacles.

I understand the views of people who say you should get divorced legally to forestall future problems, but i insist the probability is very slim. Because i am sure, he also has a lot of issues more serious and implicating than yours, like; if  he has not gotten a green card yet ( which is very unlikely), he would still be an illegal immigrant, also he might have been married before, which would make his marriage to you null and void ab initio   ( i love those legal terms). Also if he had not been married before, he would need to get married sooner or later, either for real or for green card, so it is more in his interest for his episode with you to die quietly.

Unless you intend to run for office in the future, i doubt you have anything to worry about.

Let me add: There are lots of hardworking Nigerian men out there, but it is unfortunate you got involved with one of the few desperate ones, seeking to use any one and any method to survive. I do not want you to have the impression that all Nigerians Men are scammers. Lots of American girls have married Nigerian men and they are happier for it. My advice is to use your head next time you decide to marry, whether Nigerian, a fellow American or an Afghan.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by lostgirl: 12:38pm On Nov 04, 2009
Thank you for your reply.

[b][/b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]To all that have replied or are about to reply, the original poster of this thread is no longer involved here. i have made my decisions and considered all opinions and left the conversation. Thank you
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by Theblessed(f): 12:43pm On Nov 04, 2009
[b]From the story, the marriage is fraudulent to start with.  If by arriving in Nigeria and you were asked to marry him then, it is a forced marriage hence, conducted under Duress. Therefore, can not stand in any court of law and no courts will validate it. You have good grounds to annul the silly marriage and the reasons are:  A) you are a visitor - visiting for 1million times if you like, it does not matter.  B) Obviously, you visa to Nigeria did not say 'Travelling for marriage' as to show intentions of getting married, did it? C) you don't know anyone in the country and have no relatives there and if you do, so what? D) We hope you did not pay for the marriage and if you did so what? You are forced to and would do any thing you're asked to do in such circumstances and in a foreign country where you have no no one for support.  So the bastard can go to hell! Just get a good Lawyer and terminate the baggar marriage! 

You see, people don't visit Nigeria to get married any how.  There is nothing wrong in visiting someone you met either Online, physically or by communicating with them in any form/shape or various means/mode e.g. email/text msgs/letters/pictures etc and whether on a short/long term or off/on basis. Communicating with someone you fancy is not a crime and there is a difference between fancying some and falling in-love with the person therefore, there is some thing wrong in being forced into a marriage you'd no intention or plans for and certainly don't love the guy.  So, no HELL WILL FORCE YOU TO BE IN MARRIAGE YOU HAVE NO LOVE IN, period. 

Please, ensure you terminate the silly thing and put the schemer to shame!
[/b]
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by Phrankve1(m): 8:21pm On Nov 04, 2009
why is it dat dis days,the only tin pple think of when it comes to nigerians is SCAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Der is a possibilty dat the felo was attracted to her at first gut tired of de chick nd went on with his life,pls ooh everytn isnt abt Fraud wen its NIAJA.
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by posakosa(m): 8:25pm On Nov 04, 2009
^^^^^^ undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by becomrich15: 11:57pm On Nov 04, 2009
Thebless , if you marry someone in nigeria and run away abroad. Immigration may consider it a fraud. it is a 20 year jail term.

20 years, read it again in canada. Look the period where nigerian come and run away have gone. Immigration now knows that they dump thier citizen and get here to make false claim. You are consider a scam.  While dont you go to prison to see the numbers of nigeria serving prison term.  When you leave your partner before you become citizen they most like would hold on to your paper, they want to find out if you would commit a crime. Your time of getting your papers takes long. if others got thier citizen within a short period. They would hold on to yours and wait till you commit a crime. some wait  several years before they approve your citizenship. They send  information to the police for them to send a copy of your profile before granting you citizen. The police send thier opinion to them .

I was at JFK many year ago and I got delay  by the immigration because they wanted to verify an information. And I saw one arab man chain who was about to be deported. He just finished serving his prison term for immigration fraud, that is what he told me.

if you can marry your husband in Nigeria, dont look at the one in america. It is not worth it. It takes on the average about 5 to 7 years to get immigration paper and about another 1 to 2 years to file for the paper. That is 7 years of your life. Dont you want to wait 7 years for one man. who must have first married a woman before he got his papers. And there is no guarantee to immigration. It is like bingo.

even with paper, I know the hell I suffered. Not to talk of someone who have married someone before.

The immigration service keep a good profile of you. Go and ask Detriot immigration service about me. You can ask pastor james fadele, he would remember when I use to come to his detriot church. then he was the pastor of winner chapel. I mean the head of redeemed church in USA.

I know the hell I go thru. And I had to go to the church 3 times a week from canada.  And the same officer I saw yestersday, and I may know him very very well. would still give me trouble.  If I am going back, and may be see him on the job, he would tell me, I am only doing my job. hope no heart feeling.

I have more than enough experience with immigration, that i can write you a book. They have a system that keep ever record of your in and out. They know if you are married or not. If you lie to them. they know.

it is even more difficult if you have been married before. It is like passing thru hell.  It give them a red signal that something is wrong. And they would do DNA and other tests.

You see the other nigerian you talk about, they dont tell you the truth. Thier wife may be living illegal in the USA. more than 80% of the time. You do not want to live illegal anywhere in the world.

If you want to married a person who live abroad. You can find out if he is married abroad or ever married aboard. Go to the USA embassy and ask, if you can prove to them , you are about to get married to him. they may tell you. If the man was married over here. divorce is not that easy, if the other person want to give you problem. It could take you ,

In short to be honest with you do not marry from Nigeria. The person you want to marry in nigeria are mostly 419 that what our experience show us. If you know you want to live here, open your heart and whoever God bring to you.

nigerian here most of them na 419 and Odu. Even when you go to nigerian church, that is the worst.
Your chances of finding a good wife or husband is with those who are born here. But those people who cross over from italy, holland, germany etc,  Olodu , i mean 419.

Look I have been a christain from childhood, and I say loud , I would most likely not close my eyes to most pastors abroad when they are praying. if you doubt me, if anyone is online verify in unilorin, i use go to the UCU, university of Ilorin christain union graduating book, they would find my picture and name. Or you go to the deeper life in Gbagada, many years ago. You can make a request, you would find my name on those student pastor kumuyi use to teach.

what am i telling stay away from trouble, this is how jail looks like. .   Men do not bend down to pick soap in USA jail. go find out the meaning. 

You see this pictures, pick your jail number. stay away from trouble.

If you stay away from nigerian abroad, trouble would stay away from you.  When they pick them up, they would pick you too. They never want to go back to nigeria alone. They start count and listing member. Your name may be among.
Yorubas would say, a man from a good home do not walk about in the middle of the night. 

pick your jail  number 21 or 22 or 23 or 24 or 25.
Me,  gege  ni omo eko lo.

[img]http://www.houstoncriminallawjournal.com/uploads/image/Houston,%20Harris%20County%20Jail(1).jpg[/img]
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by posakosa(m): 12:03am On Nov 05, 2009
^^^^^^This is serious----lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by Hauwa1: 12:08am On Nov 05, 2009
laugh wan kill me, ooooooo my ribs!!! grin grin grin grin grin

still laughing at becomerich post grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by amebono1: 12:45am On Nov 05, 2009
becomerich no go kill person grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

poster

you never planned to marry in nigeria, but ypu planned to open your legs for a nigerian man right?

98% of the whites that marry nigerian men, are married to them cos of the sex issue
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by Theblessed(f): 12:46am On Nov 05, 2009
becomrich,:

Thebless , if you marry someone in nigeria and run away abroad. Immigration may consider it a fraud. it is a 20 year jail term.

20 years, read it again in canada. Look the period where nigerian come and run away have gone. Immigration now knows that they dump thier citizen and get here to make false claim. You are consider a scam.  While dont you go to prison to see the numbers of nigeria serving prison term.  When you leave your partner before you become citizen they most like would hold on to your paper, they want to find out if you would commit a crime. Your time of getting your papers takes long. if others got thier citizen within a short period. They would hold on to yours and wait till you commit a crime. some wait  several years before they approve your citizenship. They send  information to the police for them to send a copy of your profile before granting you citizen. The police send thier opinion to them .

I was at JFK many year ago and I got delay  by the immigration because they wanted to verify an information. And I saw one arab man chain who was about to be deported. He just finished serving his prison term for immigration fraud, that is what he told me.

if you can marry your husband in Nigeria, dont look at the one in america. It is not worth it. It takes on the average about 5 to 7 years to get immigration paper and about another 1 to 2 years to file for the paper. That is 7 years of your life. Dont you want to wait 7 years for one man. who must have first married a woman before he got his papers. And there is no guarantee to immigration. It is like bingo.

even with paper, I know the hell I suffered. Not to talk of someone who have married someone before.

The immigration service keep a good profile of you. Go and ask Detriot immigration service about me. You can ask pastor james fadele, he would remember when I use to come to his detriot church. then he was the pastor of winner chapel. I mean the head of redeemed church in USA.

I know the hell I go thru. And I had to go to the church 3 times a week from canada.  And the same officer I same yestersday, and I may know him very very well. would still give me trouble.  If I am going back, and may be see him on the job, he would tell me, I am only doing my job. hope no heart feeling.

I have more than enough experience with immigration, that i can write you a book. They have a system that keep ever record of your in and out. They know if you are married or not. If you lie to them. they know.

it is even more difficult if you have been married before. It is like passing thru hell.  It give them a red signal that something is wrong. And they would do DNA and other tests.

You see the other nigerian you talk about, they dont tell you the truth. Thier wife may be living illegal in the USA. more than 80% of the time. You do not want to live illegal anywhere in the world.

If you want to married a person who live abroad. You can find out if he is married abroad or ever married aboard. Go to the USA embassy and ask, if you can prove to them , you are about to get married to him. they may tell you. If the man was married over here. divorce is not that easy, if the other person want to give you problem. It could take you ,

In short to be honest with you do not marry from Nigeria. The person you want to marry in nigeria are mostly 419 that what our experience show us. If you know you want to live here, open your heart and whoever God bring to you.

nigerian here most of them na 419 and Odu. Even when you go to nigerian church, that is the worst.
Your chances of finding a good wife or husband is with those who are born here. But those people who cross over from italy, holland, germany etc,  Olodu , i mean 419.

Look I have been a christain from childhood, and I say loud , I would most likely not close my eyes to most pastors abroad when they are praying. if you doubt me, if anyone is online verify in unilorin, i use go to the UCU, university of Ilorin christain union graduating book, they would find my picture and name. Or you go to the deeper life in Gbagada, many years ago. You can make a request, you would find my name on those student pastor kumuyi use to teach.

what am i telling stay away from trouble, this is how jail looks like. .   Men do not bend down to pick soap in USA jail. go find out the meaning. 

You see this pictures, pick your jail number. stay away from trouble.

If you stay away from nigerian abroad, trouble would stay away from you.  When they pick them up, they would pick you too. They never want to go back to nigeria alone. They start count and listing member. Your name may be among.
Yorubas would say, a man from a good home do not walk about in the middle of the night. 

pick your jail  number 21 or 22 or 23 or 24 or 25.
Me,  gege  ni omo eko lo.

[img]http://www.houstoncriminallawjournal.com/uploads/image/Houston,%20Harris%20County%20Jail(1).jpg[/img]

Hi Becomerich,

Thanks for a very good rib cracking essay and powerful imagery.  I have no intentions to be married again as I am happy with the one I'm with.  When no longer happy will let you know, ok!

Again, thanks for opening the eyes of some people back home thinking of a wonderful good life in the West maybe, they would learn something from this your experience and that of others you interacted with.  Certainly, on seeing these jail cages and the rabbits out of them cueing for a meal or something, any criminal back home would rethink his behaviours - I promise you.  God bless you for posting this for Nigerians because, you love your people and you don't want any one of them back home to end up in these cages.  Cheers! xx  wink wink wink wink wink wink 
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by becomrich15: 9:06am On Nov 05, 2009
Theblessed here is my song for you.

Don moen --- God would make a way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hOjYR8UZT8

God will make a way
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me
He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength
For each new day
He will make a way
He will make a way

By a roadway in the wilderness
He'll lead me
And rivers in the desert will I see
Heaven and earth will fade
But His Word will still remain
He will do something new today
Re: How Do I Go About Divorce? by lemmycop: 2:09pm On Nov 05, 2009
Just move on with ur life smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? / Divorce In Nigeria / If Your Husband Has A Child Out Of Wedlock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.