Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,455 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory (39866 Views)

Meet Chinese Monkey That Prophesied Trump’s Victory / Two Unclad Ladies Protesting Against Donald Trump's Victory Arrested By Police / TRUMP The Loser Of US Presidental Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by wiseass: 8:18am On Nov 12, 2016
Mindfulness:

Most of them? Trump did not even get the majority of popular vote, which means that more voters than not voted for Hillary. We should be careful.
Moreover, many voters did not vote for Trump because he made racist remarks but despite them.

Apart from this, I know many Nigerians who support Trump. I was talking to someone yesterday who wanted Trump to win because Obama was 'forcing homosexuality down his throat' and Hillary was the same. In a nutshell, he would rather vote for someone who makes racist remarks than someone who supports homosexuality.

Brother that is so true!! you can't watch any movies or series without a gay couple or gay scene as in its absolutely sickening. even music videos, and gay inspired fashion . sometimes I'm genuinely afraid of the kind of world my children will grow up in
Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by wiseass: 8:23am On Nov 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

Grab them by the Pvssies baby
The leader of the world you all see as the perfect societies is a PVssy grabber
GOP - Grabber of Poossies

Lol you dey para
Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by nifton(m): 8:59am On Nov 12, 2016
Timbuktuo:
Bukatyne:

Isn't it strange that women want a woman to be president just for the sake of it? And any man who doesn't vote a woman is a misogynist who isn't ready for a woman president. grin. Never mind that more white women voted Trump than Hillary. Trump got 53% of the white woman's vote. grin. Le Trump also got 45% of college educated white women voted to Hillary's 51%. I could go on and on about the statistics of voting but that would probably be pointless. But the media will try to tell you it's uneducated, basement-deelling white men who voted Trump in. Bullshit. Bullshit, I say.

But I think the most important lesson for you should be never to trust the mainstream media. Forget whatever CNN is saying, they have/had an agenda and pursued it till the very end, and were shocked, shocked I say.

Did you learn from the media about Hillary getting leaked questions to the presidential debates? I guess not. Why? Because they wanted it all hush hush. Guess who leaked the question to Clinton, a CNN operative. Oh, the shock. Now, imagine if it was found out that Trump leaked questions, the furore would be deafening. I guess Hillary is special and untouchable and above the law.

And no, Trump isn't anti-everything, he's anti anything that is anti American welfare.l, and he is not afraid to say so. That is the reason he won because he said he wasgoing to protect the interests of the average American. Trump got millions of black votes, don't get it twisted. The black voters who cast for Clinton are very likely on welfare grin, and that is a great incentive to vote Democrat. The leftwing media is in shock but a certain dude named Michael Moore, a Clinton supporter, expressly stated why Trump would win and it had nothing to do at all with bigotry or racism. This is a guy who hates Trump telling the world Trump's strwnght, but I guess it was a little too late.

Anyway, I'm happy he won. After all, we misogynists do tend to stick together.

What I learned? "Tell Ze haters to go and die."
Oga I luv ya brain
#No homo
Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by SapphireYj: 9:50am On Nov 12, 2016
Very misleading article.Trump did not get majority votes from women, blacks and Latinos, Hillary did. He got majority votes from men,especially working class whites.Go to CNN,navigate to elections,you will see all these stats there.

1 Like

Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Sagacity07: 10:04am On Nov 12, 2016
grin The voting process is still on I created a page on nairaland so as not to derail thread. Please nwanne nwoke's and eyin eyan mii I need your votes. In this 300 word [b][/b]hilarity, I [b][/b]trumped repressive government and shed light on how the "elite" view the masses. You can read it here and follow the instructions on how to vote. thank you. https://www.nairaland.com/3457257/orwellian-elite-herd#50916951
Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Collins0609(m): 10:27am On Nov 12, 2016
Soon mothers go dey name dia children Trump,,,,,,,,...........women like to associate themselves with success

1 Like

Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by emperormossad(m): 10:29am On Nov 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

Grab them by the Pvssies baby

The leader of the world you all see as the perfect societies is a PVssy grabber

GOP - Grabber of Poossies
[color=#000099][/color]
Do you play football manager?
Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by EmmyDe25(m): 10:30am On Nov 12, 2016
Timbuktuo:
Bukatyne:

Isn't it strange that women want a woman to be president just for the sake of it? And any man who doesn't vote a woman is a misogynist who isn't ready for a woman president. grin. Never mind that more white women voted Trump than Hillary. Trump got 53% of the white woman's vote. grin. Le Trump also got 45% of college educated white women voted to Hillary's 51%. I could go on and on about the statistics of voting but that would probably be pointless. But the media will try to tell you it's uneducated, basement-deelling white men who voted Trump in. Bullshit. Bullshit, I say.

But I think the most important lesson for you should be never to trust the mainstream media. Forget whatever CNN is saying, they have/had an agenda and pursued it till the very end, and were shocked, shocked I say.

Did you learn from the media about Hillary getting leaked questions to the presidential debates? I guess not. Why? Because they wanted it all hush hush. Guess who leaked the question to Clinton, a CNN operative. Oh, the shock. Now, imagine if it was found out that Trump leaked questions, the furore would be deafening. I guess Hillary is special and untouchable and above the law.

And no, Trump isn't anti-everything, he's anti anything that is anti American welfare.l, and he is not afraid to say so. That is the reason he won because he said he wasgoing to protect the interests of the average American. Trump got millions of black votes, don't get it twisted. The black voters who cast for Clinton are very likely on welfare grin, and that is a great incentive to vote Democrat. The leftwing media is in shock but a certain dude named Michael Moore, a Clinton supporter, expressly stated why Trump would win and it had nothing to do at all with bigotry or racism. This is a guy who hates Trump telling the world Trump's strwnght, but I guess it was a little too late.

Anyway, I'm happy he won. After all, we misogynists do tend to stick together.

What I learned? "Tell Ze haters to go and die."
Saw the Michael Moore's article. It was baffling. The precision was just unexplainable.
Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Temysteve(m): 10:31am On Nov 12, 2016
bukatyne:

Please explain
he uses everything he has to get what he want.
Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Mileslamar1(m): 10:38am On Nov 12, 2016
I agree
Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Temysteve(m): 10:38am On Nov 12, 2016
carammel:

This means that women only show they love their fellow women outwardly but deep within them,they would never support a woman to become a leader.
Modern-feminism will have a hard time staying.
women do beef themselves more than men, so am nt amazed.
Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Booboi: 10:42am On Nov 12, 2016
What I Learnt Is That; Chi na-eme eze according to Igbo anyi Igbo ndi oma.
Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 12, 2016
missjo:
Donald Trump's win is a reminder of the fact that America still belongs to the WHITE CONSERVATIVE MAJORITY, that's the underlying interpretation. Nothing more, nothing less.
Hilary Clinton actually won by popular votes...

2 Likes

Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 12, 2016

1 Like

Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Timbuktuo: 1:25pm On Nov 12, 2016
Jayceon:
cold-blooded monster shocked
grin grin
nifton:
Oga I luv ya brain #No homo
Merci, mon ami.
Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Timbuktuo: 1:35pm On Nov 12, 2016
kings09:
U think Trump cared abt ur feelings? He will do wat he say he ll do so far is in d interest of America. U can keep ur respect, it doesn't count.

Such a banal comment. Who person respect epp? Trump doesn't care about the respect of American citizens, it's the respect of an immigrant he would like to report that he'll be desperate to gain. grin
Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Timbuktuo: 1:38pm On Nov 12, 2016
Igboid:

Yet she won the majority vote. Meaning that majority of average Americans are in conformity with liberalism.

Not so simple,sir. I read somewhere there are more registered Democrats than their are registered Republicans. Which, I think, is an argument for keeping the electoral college. Also. don't discount the fact many just didn't like Trump, and perhaps another more establishment Republican might have done better with the popular vote.
Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 12, 2016
landinfo:

I hate this word....what do u mean by Africa, Asia & the US are backward cos they support a Trump or Leftist views
From Brexit to the core of Europe including Mother Russia have had citizens championing for White-Supremacist dominance for yrs & Brexit or Trumps victories are reminders that those citizens no longer want legal/illegal immigrants in their countries....even Angela Merkelis facing the heat in Germany so also France, Italy, Holland, etc
The white men are tired of immigrant, the system & war/terrorism

What an irony, the whites were immigrants in America, it is not their country. It belongs to native Americans and they should have a say if not I foresee the destruction of America.
Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Igboid: 2:45pm On Nov 12, 2016
Timbuktuo:

Not so simple,sir. I read somewhere there are more registered Democrats than their are registered Republicans. Which, I think, is an argument for keeping the electoral college. Also. don't discount the fact many just didn't like Trump, and perhaps another more establishment Republican might have done better with the popular vote.

Whether democrats or republicans, they are still Americans.

So it wouldn't be wrong to say that greater number of Americans voted for Clinton.
You can classify the type of Americans that did, but they are still Americans, nonetheless .cool

1 Like

Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Lezzjnr: 3:11pm On Nov 12, 2016
bukatyne:

That Donald is really full of himself cheesy cool
It takes only a complete male like that to crush a delusional feminist like Hilary.
Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by missjo(f): 3:30pm On Nov 12, 2016
FrancisTony:
Hilary Clinton actually won by popular votes...
This is what most Clinton supporters still dont understand. For a minute,forget that she won the popular vote.

Donald Trump got more white female votes than Romney did, more Latino votes, and brought down the blue wall in comfortable democratic states then went on to win them.
Hillary Clinton also performed worse overall than Obama did, while Donald Trump overall performed better than Romney and McCain.

This is what you should be putting into consideration when looking at this from an objective perspective.

I have seen your photo about the electoral college.
You need to know that in about 25 States of the US, the electoral college voters are mandated by law NOT TO change their votes on December 19.

2 Likes

Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by missjo(f): 3:35pm On Nov 12, 2016
Pidgin2:

He also said he would date his daughter if she wasn't his child and they still voted for the sexual predator, Americans amaze me

As for Hillary, the moment I watched her trying to appeal to women and canvassing for their votes, I feared for her chances.

I've always known this, if you want to win votes never appeal or canvas for women's votes because women hate women. Instead appeal and canvas for men's votes, surround yourself with men who don't have problems working with women, this is the secret to winning political offices in backward countries like Africa, Asia and the US. Europe is advanced so one can get away with canvassing votes from females but you cannot succeed with this strategy any where else. Hillary should have employed me as her political adviser, I guarantee she would have won Trump in a heart beat.
LOL,you're funny.
Europe is more advanced than the US now? Wow grin

Are you talking about the same Europe where the UK voted to leave the EU?
The same Europe where German Chancellor Angel Merkel is well on her way to getting booted out?

Populism, nationalism, and white supremacy is starting to come back everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by missjo(f): 3:44pm On Nov 12, 2016
Mindfulness:

What Moore says is that the average worker who struggles to make ends meet would vote for Trump. This is no surprise.

The mainstream media is in shock because they thought that Trump's offensive language would cost him votes. As we can see, people do not care about racism or sexism as long as they expect a candidate to boost the economy. Even conservative America voted for Trump who has been divorced two times. America is a world power in decline. This is a blow to their national identity and philosophy of exceptionalism and a threat to their very existence. Trump promises 'to make America great again', they did not trust Hillary could and would because Obama, with whom she is associated could not. Consequently, they go with Trump, against all odds.

I see many parallels with the Brexiters who were raving on a cloud of nostalgia for the time of the British Empire. We can all see how it is playing out now.

I noticed your style of argument the last time we had a conversation regarding the US and its need to be in everyone's business. You have a way of trying to shift the conversation to suit your narrative and it's actually an ingenious tactic,lol. I LIKE YOU.

This has very little to do with the economy, i understand how economists might want to have their voice heard but I'm going to ask you one simple question:
Do you think Donald Trump would have won the election if the DNC had made BERNIE SANDERS their nominee, bad economy or good economy?

Please be honest and objective, and put this into consideration as well: States where Bernie Sanders had initially won delegates and votes during the Democrat primaries, were won by Donald Trump on election day.

cc Timbuktuo

4 Likes

Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by illuz(m): 3:44pm On Nov 12, 2016
There's a great difference between 'ego' and 'confidence'. Donald Trump is a very confident man. If you know your stuff, no matter what, you will always triumph. #Leadership-Digest
Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:48pm On Nov 12, 2016
bukatyne:
7. People do not always mean what they say/ say what they mean: Who would have thought Trump would have any supporter/ vote with all the 'he is anti-woman/anti-gay/anti-black/anti-(fill in the gap)'? Who would have believed that the same women/Black/Latinos would vote for him more than Hillary? According to Huffington post, majority of the women, blacks & Latinos voted Trump.

Trump is not anti all those things...

He's just anti illegal immigrants and the globalist agenda.

All these people voted him because they listened to the man's message and not to the fabrication.
Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:53pm On Nov 12, 2016
illuz:
There's a great difference between 'ego' and 'confidence'. Donald Trump is a very confident man. If you know your stuff, no matter what, you will always triumph. #Leadership-Digest

"...the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favor to men of skill; but time and chance happens to them all." ------ Ecclesiastes 9:11

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Timbuktuo: 3:55pm On Nov 12, 2016
missjo:

I noticed your style of argument the last time we had a conversation regarding the US and its need to be in everyone's business. You have a way of trying to shift the conversation to suit your narrative and it's actually an ingenious tactic,lol. I LIKE YOU.

This has very little to do with the economy, i understand how economists might want to have their voice heard but I'm going to ask you one simple question:
Do you think Donald Trump would have won the election if the DNC had made BERNIE SANDERS their nominee, bad economy or good economy?

Please be honest and objective, and put this into consideration as well: States where Bernie Sanders had initially won delegates and votes during the Democrat primaries, were won by Donald Trump on election day.

cc Timbuktuo

Don't mind that small-yanshed girl grin. She thinks the world will fit her worldview and anybody who opposes said worldview is bad.

Per Sanders, I think he would have stood a better chance against Trump, I also think he may have lost against Trump because he could have been considered too communist, and America doesn't like a communist. So, it's anyone's guess ultimately.
Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by missjo(f): 4:02pm On Nov 12, 2016
Timbuktuo:

Don't mind that small-yanshed girl grin. She thinks the world will fit her worldview and anybody who opposes said worldview is bad.

Per Sanders, I think he would have stood a better chance against Trump, I also think he may have lost against Trump because he could have been considered too communist, and America doesn't like a communist. So, it's anyone's guess ultimately.
Well let's assume you're right and that he would have also lost, I can assure you that unlike Clinton, Bernie would not be struggling to get to 240 electoral votes.

Personally, Trump didn't stand a chance against Bernie Sanders but trust the DNC to favour a Clinton over an outsider like Sanders who's actually an Independent.
Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Ajibade105(m): 4:03pm On Nov 12, 2016
Who have seen the movie watch grimsby 2016. In that movie they reported at the WHN world headline news that Donald Trump has AIDS.

I guess the director of the movie didn't know President elect Donald Trump will win the election. I can see someone going to jail. Lol
Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Timbuktuo: 4:07pm On Nov 12, 2016
missjo:

LOL,you're funny.
Europe is more advanced than the US now? Wow grin

Are you talking about the same Europe where the UK voted to leave the EU?
The same Europe where German Chancellor Angel Merkel is well on her way to getting booted out?

Populism, nationalism, and white supremacy is starting to come back everywhere.

The people you quoted said canvassing for women's votes without backlash is a sign of Europe's advancemnt, is that true? Would the same be said if men were asked to vote for a man just because of his gender? Or telling men to not vote a woman? Considering all that liberal, progressive politics has drummed into our ears, that's a major sign of backwardness. Sexist campaigning cannot be any sign of advancement. This mental gymnastics is so entertaining.

You do these people a disservice when you mention whitevaupremcy as the reason for their election choices. Do you think that's why Merkel has become a laughingstock? Because of white supremacy?
Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by missjo(f): 4:11pm On Nov 12, 2016
Timbuktuo:

The people you quoted said canvassing for women's votes without backlash is a sign of Europe's advancemnt, is that true? Would the same be said if men were asked to vote for a man just because of his gender? Or telling men to not vote a woman? Considering all that liberal, progressive politics has drummed into our ears, that's a major sign of backwardness. Sexist campaigning cannot be any sign of advancement. This mental gymnastics is so entertaining.

You do these people a disservice when you mention whitevaupremcy as the reason for their election choices. Do you think that's why Merkel has become a laughingstock? Because of white supremacy?
LOL,i included white supremacy in there as a nuance to the American situation.
Populism in the form of Nationalism is Merkel's undoing.
Re: Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 12, 2016
richie9093:
Timbuktou, Mindfulness, you two should just get a room to do the needful
and ease the tension. Your banter is cracking me up.

Not going to happen but I am happy you have enjoyed the conversation.

You both have raised some salients points though. If I was an American, I don't know who I would have voted because we have a Misogynist and racist on one hand; A criminal (although only accused) and warmonger on the other hand.

I think many Americans were feeling this way.

Hillary has done many harms when he was in the Senate and also SoS. Who knows if we would have peaceful middle east and Libya without her actions.

True!

The Donald on the other hand was just a loose cannon who talks without thinking. How will you deport 11 million immigrants? Do you know what this will do to the economy? Someone who doesn't think climate change isn't real and is only being propagated by the Chinese?

I wonder if he believes what he is saying.

I guess it was a case of lesser evil in this past election. Throughout this campaign, Hillary's team never really bothered to talk about/hammer on her policies; all they did was attack the Donald and play the gender/race card (the only reason I'm happy she lost) which in turn is only going to create a us versus them thinking to the public.

I think Trump did both, promote his policies and attack Hillary and Obama. It has proven to be more successful.

Funny thing is, Trump may even surprise everyone and not even be as bad as he was during the campaign. He has been known to speak from both sides of his mouth. Afterall he has donated to Clinton's foundation and also donated for her when she was in Senate (they are both new yorkers) and he has also identified as a democrat in the past too.

[img]http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/e864d4c5445b78b2fd9ceb78059bb8a5cb06be36/c=17-0-707-519&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/2015/12/10/RenoGroup/RGJ/635853512231271622-0b283a5a331d8fec94b3ffdd94e658ba.jpg[/img]

All in all, the next 4 years will be fun to watch. America either implodes or be great again.

It will be interesting. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gambian Army Chief Rejoicing After Barrow's Inauguration (Photo, Video) / Russia Will Bear The Consequences: Biden introduces more sanctions / Trump Sacks Sally Yates After She Declines To Defend Travel Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.