Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates (12817 Views)

Lagos-Ibadan Free Train Ride: After Low Patronage Passengers Besiege Iju Station / How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride / Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by otokx(m): 11:35am On Jan 02, 2017
Nigeria will be great again, let's all make a difference in our own little way.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 02, 2017
otokx:
My guy It is u im lookin' for cheesy
yer countrymen are ready 2 go ,u here talking about rejuvenation of yer land!!!
Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 02, 2017
otokx:
that can only start when "our youths are the leaders of tomorrow" not "when our forefather are the leaders of our next generations" .... smiley smiley grin
Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 02, 2017
tescoman90:

that can only start when "our youths are the leaders of tomorrow" not "when our forefather are the leaders of our next generations" .... smiley smiley grin
actually ,i think u need a better govener. And that can begin come next election.
Tell me now,for how long is 1 presidential term in 9ja?
Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 02, 2017
ILuvGummyBearz:
actually ,i think u need a better govener. And that can begin come next election.
Tell me now,for how long is 1 presidential term in 9ja?
ITS 4 YEARS
Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 02, 2017
tescoman90:

ITS 4 YEARS
ok. How long has yer Bhuarai been in for? When is next voting?

And how do u handle water in 9ja? Is theree state water boards?
who addresses water issues?
Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by otokx(m): 12:05pm On Jan 02, 2017
ILuvGummyBearz:
My guy It is u im lookin' for cheesy
yer countrymen are ready 2 go ,u here talking about rejuvenation of yer land!!!

The potentials here are so great, its when you travel out for a visit and return that you understand.

Just imagine NIPOST bringing in incomes and creating job like Royal Mail. What of Railways? Airport Terminals upgrade and Management. Upscale mass housing development. University education nko.

Just drove by a Gas Refinery currently under construction in Rumuji, Rivers State heard its owned by the French.
Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 02, 2017
ILuvGummyBearz:
ok. How long has yer Bhuarai been in for? When is next voting?

And how do u handle water in 9ja? Is theree staye water boards ,who adressses water issues?
let me put it this way...................they say they have water board but to be honest my tap water only ran since i was 6 years old.............
Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 02, 2017
otokx:

The potentials here are so great, its when you travel out for a visit and return that you understand.

Just imagine NIPOST bringing in incomes and creating job like Royal Mail. What of Railways? Airport Terminals upgrade and Management. Upscale mass housing development. University education nko.

Just drove by a Gas Refinery currently under construction in Rumuji, Rivers State heard its owned by the French.
nooooooooo. I dont want the french refining gas that needs 2 stay in nigerian hands.

Potential is correct. Yer country is a untapped market .

Cfcman have i ran u off from the dicussion embarassed
Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 02, 2017
tescoman90:

let me put it this way...................they say they have water board but to be honest my tap water only ran since i was 6 years old.............
and who is putting pressure on them 2 fix it?
Who is in charge?
how does the board work? Do u the people vote them in?

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 02, 2017
ILuvGummyBearz:
and who is putting pressure on them 2 fix it?
Who is in charge?
how does the board work? Do u the people vote them in?
u are talking as if we are sitting on our chair and watch how things go wrong........... undecided
Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by skitkid2(m): 12:38pm On Jan 02, 2017
The US is better than Nigeria in every possible way.

Here people believe more in miracle than in hardwork.

They leave facts and believe somebody somewhere is holding their destiny.

People will go to grocery stores and be taking pictures as if they are tourists.

The roads are very bad

Its only during xmas period that we experience constant power supply

Most of our movies are trash

A country where people throwaway refuse in the streets.

A lawless country,

where thieves are burnt to death when they are caught.

The list continues.

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 02, 2017
tescoman90:

u are talking as if we are sitting on our chair and watch how things go wrong........... undecided
i apologize if it sounds that way but bad goverment need a firm people,i mean we had 2 stop obama form evading Syria, we did that....The people.

I know i sound like a privileged American grin running off at the mouth

But i just cant understand how 9ja has wifi,universities,shopping malls, Big exspensive cars,Aparments,clubbing

But Not clean water and Good hospitals
Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by kolnel: 12:43pm On Jan 02, 2017
@ wanderlustian
Pls I'm torn in between arik air and Egypt air
How was your trip on arik
What would you suggest
Thanks
Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by obinna5000(m): 12:46pm On Jan 02, 2017
Nice one @ILuvGummyBearz, @tescoman90, @wanderlustian and @CFCman.

Got this picture from USNews.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 02, 2017
signature2012:

Officials you say?The scumbags we have as leaders who only care about their families.
Thank you star you were born in US,search online and see those humans staying in idp camps,despite that,food meant for them are still been diverted by corrupt people in - charge.
dont u understand yer privileged 2 because all u named is not yer life.itz no1s life living in lagos or ibadian
Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 02, 2017
obinna5000:

hmmnnn imagine u know wat it means to have a best place:good road, pipe borne water, security, e.t.c.................US listed 5 places out of hundreds but in 9ja we have only one place, not even a place to be honest a street grin grin and thats banana island grin grin grin
Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by signature2012(m): 12:55pm On Jan 02, 2017
ILuvGummyBearz:
i apologize if it sounds that way but bad goverment need a firm people,i mean we had 2 stop obama form evading Syria, we did that....The people.

I know i sound like a privileged American grin running off at the mouth

But i just cant understand how 9ja has wifi,universities,shopping malls, Big exspensive cars,Aparments,clubbing

But Not clean water and Good hospitals
Who told you naija has wifi
The suck network provider like mtn,glo,airtel etc,after paying for data,you cant enjoy good signal,is always war just to connect to Nairaland.
Since I came here,my speed of browsing is something I never experience back home.
Here you pay for your cable,the cable provider gives you Wi-Fi to enjoy,in naija after subscribing to you DSTV,any small wind, no signal,and you will he be get compensated for that.You will still separately need to get a modem and pay again just to have a slow internet in your house.

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by signature2012(m): 12:57pm On Jan 02, 2017
ILuvGummyBearz:
dont u understand yer privileged 2 because all u named is not yer life.itz no1s life living in lagos or ibadian
Is not about privilege,is suppose to be my right as a citizen to enjoy basic amenities,but the leaders have deprived us from enjoying it.
Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 02, 2017
signature2012:

Who told you naija has wifi
The suck network provider like mtn,glo,airtel etc,after paying for data,you cant enjoy good signal,is always war just to connect to Nairaland.
Since I came here,my speed of browsing is something I never experience back home.
Here you pay for your cable,the cable provider gives you Wi-Fi to enjoy,in naija after subscribing to you DSTV,any small wind, no signal,and you will he be get compensated for that.You will still separately need to get a modem and pay again just to have a slow internet in your house.
U have yer properties all wrong
U complain of wifi
How about u focuse on Hospitals and Water

And my question how does 9ja have regular & strip clubs but bad water
?
How are u concerned with gadgets like th iphone7 when u dont have good hospitals

Yer focuse is all wrong
.When u vote next make sure u vote for1 who will better the essentials
Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 02, 2017
signature2012:

Is not about privilege,is suppose to be my right as a citizen to enjoy basic amenities,but the leaders have deprived us from enjoying it.
wrong. Just the essentials.like. ,water food,schools,living.
Wifi,cable tv ,clubs etc are not the duty of the government.

U look 2 America for luxury not life essentials undecided
luxuries u 2 can have there in quality with build up
Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by ORIJIN201(m): 1:24pm On Jan 02, 2017
obinna5000:

But I heard ILuvGummyBearz lives in Detroit?¿ grin
Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by signature2012(m): 1:25pm On Jan 02, 2017
ILuvGummyBearz:
U ,op,That guy with the 90 moniker
Have yer properties all wrong
I guess you meant to say priorities?

U complain of wifi and roadways
We are in a world of internet,without it,the existence of man will be very limited.

How about u focuse on Hospitals and Water
Hospitals?Don't just go there.I lost my mum at a government hospital In on Lagos 11 years ago due to inadequate,inefficient equipment,lack of personnel on ground to attend her,lack of electricity im a govt hospital.

And my question how does 9ja have regular & strip clubs but bad water
?
I dont do club,am less concern with the strip wahala.The water aspect,in my area back home,every house must have a borehole to enjoy water,govt careless.
How are u concerned with gadgets like th iphone7 when u dont have good hospitals
As for gadget,am not a phone freak person,so am not concern about it,those who think they need it and can afford it with their hard earn money can go for it,so as far is the first item on their priority list.
Hosptial,someday,will go back home and build a very gigantic one,our govt is not helping in that aspect.

Yer focuse is all wrong
.When u vote next make sure u vote for1 who will better the essentials
My focus is not wrong,I know what I pass through in naija.For the record,have never ever voted in my life before,not that am not of age,I see no credible person vote for.Those who voted for Buhari should keep enjoying the change he promise them.
Mind you,am a New yorker,but always concern about my country.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 02, 2017
signature2012:

My focus is not wrong,I know what I pass through in naija.For the record,have never ever voted in my life before,not that am not of age,I see no credible person vote for.Those who voted for Buhari should keep enjoying the change he promise them.
Mind you,am a New yorker,but always concern about my country.
then how dare u complain when u wont vote undecided
Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 02, 2017
ORIJIN201:
But I heard ILuvGummyBearz lives in Detroit?¿ grin
texas
Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by ORIJIN201(m): 1:33pm On Jan 02, 2017
ILuvGummyBearz:
texas
Ehn Enh? didn't know o... taught you live in Detroit... When you go dey do like Agbero. grin you know d meaning of Agbero?

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 02, 2017
I wanted to try your stunt during the Xmas, so I decided to go to Iddo to board a train to a state in the south west, my first time,getting to tarmac I begin to lament "who send you",the disorganization was quite obvious that I was thinking of how to collect F.G contract to reorganized the place, but security was tight sha.We are suppose to leave 11am but at that time no ticket was sold yet.Going back home won't be funny ,it would be money wasted,so I waited, by 1pm getting the ticket turn to a tug of war with people jumping queue I said to myself "Mo GBE" butty like me to start fighting for ticket .Long story short after exercising much patient I was told I was in the wrong queue.luckily the right queue wasn't long."Oya give me first class ticket"
,"sorry Sir you are going to a short distance", "ok no wahala all na adventure" I told myself but i was sad sha because there was one pretty yoruba chic going to Minna with an infectious smile I was hoping to seat with in the first class section. She hasn't got her first class ticket when I left to book a seat,on getting a seat I quickly observed I was in the presence of my wazo people with the bia missing .So I sat down,thinking about the babe whose number I really didn't collect, long distance relationship is really not my thing.After 2hours of nothing happening I got down to catch a last glimpse of this babe since the first class coach is now been attached.When I enter the first class coach it remind me of a typical Nigeria story,the wild gap between the rich and the poor, while the first class coach was chilling with AC well carpeted and charging port for phone the second class coach was a oven on wheel with all the fans vandalised by some dishonest passenger because I witness one.After relaxing there for 30minutes the babe wasn't in the coach ,I started to see if I can lobby my way to the first class coach because it was worth it for the cost,but obviously the tickets were been hoarded typical Nigeria style.Eventually the train moved by around 4pm ,it seem it was entering gallops at first eventually it stops and started to reverse,I was like" chineke wetin man no go see for 9ja".Eventually after a technical check for 30minute we moved.On getting to Ikeja see crowd waiting for a train that is full to capacity, with people coming in through the window, one lady was so shock she started shouting "ole ole ole" at the guy coming through the window it was a tense situation but in my mind I knew it was my first and last time of trying such stunt.When we got to Agege ,Ikeja became a child play as one old looking thug descent on a passenger trying to stop people from entering the over crowded coach see panel beating and tearing of shirt.Mothers start looking for there love one but no one separate fight typical Nigeria always minding there business.Now the coach was suffocated, so we journey the train sometimes will gain momentum, sometimes it would just move like a snail,before you get to your destination you for don chop three square meal.Worst still because it was dark I got down at the wrong destination two times,no public address system to tell you where you are,and the coach was too tight I av to jump out through the window to get out the first time,finally I decided to hang on the door like a conductor .When I got to my destination a four hours journey by road at 4am I shook my head and said "Oga who send you",but I told myself I go still go Kaduna but this time on a first class coach, the second class was absolute rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by Darey00(m): 2:06pm On Jan 02, 2017
IloveGummyBears u don't just get it.. All this talk of "vote the bad Ppl out"
"what are u doing to pressure them "
blah blah blah. the bitter truth is NOTHING IN NIGERIA WORKS!!! the earlier u get that the sooner u will understand what peeps here are saying. Sure u will be taxed crazy in the USA but u kip forgetting that you live in a land WHERE THERE IS ORDER AND PEOPLE ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE..
I have 2 University mates in North America.. one is in the US while the other Is in Canada.. While they are not Kings over there they dont plan on returning in the nearest future..

The only way u can get this is by coming to Lagos for a 2-week vacation.. I even doubt that u will complete the 2 weeks sef

2 Likes

Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 02, 2017
Darey00:
IloveGummyBears u don't just get it.. All this talk of "vote the bad Ppl out"
"what are u doing to pressure them "
blah blah blah. the bitter truth is NOTHING IN NIGERIA WORKS!!! the earlier u get that the sooner u will understand what peeps here are saying. Sure u will be taxed crazy in the USA but u kip forgetting that you live in a land WHERE THERE IS ORDER AND PEOPLE ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE..
I have 2 University mates in North America.. one is in the US while the other Is in Canada.. While they are not Kings over there they dont plan on returning in the nearest future..

The only way u can get this is by coming to Lagos for a 2-week vacation.. I even doubt that u will complete the 2 weeks sef
*rolls eyes for days*

Voting is yer fix because no2 can fix 9ja but the people .

when will ya'll get it?
It wont change unless u do it!!

Complain about simple essentials
Like water,roads ,schools and luxuries like wifi cable as loud as u want but u need 2 hollah this 2 the gov and not me

U get it!

1 Like

Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by Darey00(m): 2:24pm On Jan 02, 2017
ILuvGummyBearz:
*rolls eyes for days*

Voting is yer fix because no2 can fix 9ja but the people .

when will ya'll get it?
It wont change unless u do it!!

Complain about simple essentials
Like water,roads ,schools and luxuries like wifi cable as loud as u want but u need 2 hollah this 2 the gov and not me

U get it!

We are not complaining to u or anybody for that matter..
The country is rotten.. the system is corrupt..
the good guys are being frustrated.

I would rather be in America than in Nigeria.. finito
Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 02, 2017
Darey00:

We are not complaining to u or anybody for that matter..
The country is rotten.. the system is corrupt..
the good guys are being frustrated.

I would rather be in America than in Nigeria.. finito
well u arent and u are talking as if its hopeless because u just want 2 leave

But the reality is the 9ja popluas can not relocate 2 the US 2 benfiet from the civil work of others

But will have 2 work their own goverment.vote

I need off this thread . Goodbye
Re: I'm Taking A Train Ride From Chicago To New York... Live Updates by Darey00(m): 2:32pm On Jan 02, 2017
ILuvGummyBearz:
well u arent and u are talking as if its hopeless because u just want 2 leave

But the reality is the 9ja popluas can not relocate 2 the US 2 benfiet from the civil work of others

But will have 2 work their own goverment.vote

I need off this thread . Goodbye

By all means

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Colours Of Nigerian Taxis [pictures] / Advice On Visa Appeal / Domestic Airfares Drop By 50% As Competition Heightens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.