Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,275 members, 7,839,373 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (639847 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by PipSurgeon(m): 8:30pm On Mar 29, 2015
abayomi93:
its tryptizol (amitriptyline), twynsta and propranol I take daily.I am tired of these drugs jarey.And I heard that propranol may take like a week before you start getting Some results
i doubt if propanolol takes dat long to take effect,.. aside from wat u heard, are u feeling better wit d symptoms now?? if yes, i will suggest u stick wit d medications, u wont want to hav a secondary heart pathology, n tryptizol i bet is to control ur anxiety.. but all these r supportive.. u shud get d T3,T4 n TSH don ASAP, so a definitive treatment cud b instituted, considering wat ur GP feels.. over to d senior colleague
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by abayomi93(m): 8:46pm On Mar 29, 2015
PipSurgeon:
i doubt if propanolol takes dat long to take effect,.. aside from wat u heard, are u feeling better wit d symptoms now?? if yes, i will suggest u stick wit d medications, u wont want to hav a secondary heart pathology, n tryptizol i bet is to control ur anxiety.. but all these r supportive.. u shud get d T3,T4 n TSH don ASAP, so a definitive treatment cud b instituted, considering wat ur GP feels.. over to d senior colleague
I am getting very little result,I just started taking the propanol nd tryptizol on friday.I will do those test this week.my urine is greenishyellow anytime I take the drugs. I bliv God is in control.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by PipSurgeon(m): 9:35pm On Mar 29, 2015
abayomi93:
I am getting very little result,I just started taking the propanol nd tryptizol on friday.I will do those test this week.my urine is greenishyellow anytime I take the drugs. I bliv God is in control.
u just started probably dats y.. but if d result doesnt improve, u can talk to ur GP. to adjust d dosage for you.. warning.; dont alter d dosage urself, hypotension may set in. some drug alter urine colour n smell, its normal.. God is in control.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by yommys01(m): 6:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
Hi Doctor, thanks for the good work you do here. I have always had heart burn which after some checks, it was discovered that I have stomach ulcer which seems to be the cause. Naturally, I drink tons of water ( it is an habit ). I started drinking water heavily thinking it will help my heart burn. But lately, it increased significantly such that I am now scared to eat anything.

This heart burn starts immediately after meal and can last like 3 hours.

I must confess a little alteration in my lifestyle lately - I started drinking garri and coffee again. Both of these I stopped when it was discovered I have ulcer but restarted again when a friend who has same habit started living with me. Could this be the cause? Note with or without these habits, I still have heart burn but never as this frequent of painful.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by hoojay4(m): 8:18pm On Apr 01, 2015
Pls doc, Can stomach ulcer cause rise in blood pressure, or do they have any connection?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 01, 2015
yommys01:
Hi Doctor, thanks for the good work you do here. I have always had heart burn which after some checks, it was discovered that I have stomach ulcer which seems to be the cause. Naturally, I drink tons of water ( it is an habit ). I started drinking water heavily thinking it will help my heart burn. But lately, it increased significantly such that I am now scared to eat anything.

This heart burn starts immediately after meal and can last like 3 hours.

I must confess a little alteration in my lifestyle lately - I started drinking garri and coffee again. Both of these I stopped when it was discovered I have ulcer but restarted again when a friend who has same habit started living with me. Could this be the cause? Note with or without these habits, I still have heart burn but never as this frequent of painful.

Have ever been tested or treated for H. pylori? Also, have you taken anti-reflux therapy? If no, i would recommend starting there. Let me know if you need more information.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 01, 2015
hoojay4:
Pls doc, Can stomach ulcer cause rise in blood pressure, or do they have any connection?

If you have been properly and accurately diagnosed with gastric ulcer, then NO. No connection with high blood pressure.

The operative world is proper and accurate.

Don''t hesitate to ask further questions.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 01, 2015
abayomi93:
its tryptizol (amitriptyline), twynsta and propranol I take daily.I am tired of these drugs jarey.And I heard that propranol may take like a week before you start getting Some results

Amitriptyline is not typically used to treat anxiety. It is strictly anti-depressant treatment. Are you in depressed or anxious state?

Twynsta appears to be another anti-hypertensives; along with propanol, seem like an awful lot.

Have you checked you BP lately or obtained the thyroid tests?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Dadsonval(f): 10:51am On Apr 02, 2015
Pls what can i use to cure heart burn or ulcer?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pinky21(f): 11:45am On Apr 02, 2015
pls I need advice. I ve a friend and he complained that little blood mix with his semen wen he is erect. though he hasn't had sex for over 8 months now coast his fiancee was not around,she just got back . told him its anxiety but he refused n said it has never happened before. pls wat might b d cause
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Immaangel(f): 2:39pm On Apr 02, 2015
I have been bleeding for 3weeks now. Which drug can help stop it
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lekropasky(m): 9:31pm On Apr 02, 2015
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Immaangel(f): 12:36am On Apr 03, 2015
Pls help me. I'm bleeding for over 2weeks now. I took misoprosol before d bleeding started, what do I do now?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by abayomi93(m): 9:56am On Apr 03, 2015
Xiadnat:

Amitriptyline is not typically used to treat anxiety. It is strictly anti-depressant treatment. Are you in depressed or anxious state?

Twynsta appears to be another anti-hypertensives; along with propanol, seem like an awful lot.

Have you checked you BP lately or obtained the thyroid tests?
I am not depressed jarey I was even tinking of stopping the tryptizol.but I just notice that when I started taking the propanol the parpitations and anxiety have stopped.I am now calm inside.But the muscular weekness in my elbow/knee and little numbness in my body are still visible.and the tremors also occur a little.the veins in my hands nd legs just vibrete on their own.sometimes I feel very week that I cannot even walk fast.I am to do the thyroid test on teusday.I will recheck the B.P.is that propanol that good? bcus I have read a lot about it online.I take 80mg/day.this hyperthyroidsm is weeked oh,I just they lean.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
Dadsonval:
Pls what can i use to cure heart burn or ulcer?

Anti reflux therapy; suppresses acid production by your stomach. Can Try: Tums first. If doesn't work, try cimetidine or famotidine. If doesn't work, try more potent class: omeprazole, pantoprazole etc.

IN addition: avoid or limit aggravating foods: caffeine, spicy foods, chocolate, fatty foods, alcohol. Estrogen can cause it too in case you are on OCP. Sleep with head of bed elevated or just prop pillows up. Also, eat at least 3 hours before lying down for sleep.

Best.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
pinky21:
pls I need advice. I ve a friend and he complained that little blood mix with his semen wen he is erect. though he hasn't had sex for over 8 months now coast his fiancee was not around,she just got back . told him its anxiety but he refused n said it has never happened before. pls wat might b d cause

Lots of things it can be: infection, inflammation, trauma, tumor, obstruction, vasculature

How old is this gentle men? History of STDs? Painful urination or e*jaculation?, fever/chills?, blood in urine, penile discharge?

If he is young and the answers to above is no, he can wait it out and it may resolve on own. If it continues, or any of above questions become positive, then see doctor.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
Immaangel:
I have been bleeding for 3weeks now. Which drug can help stop it

Is this bleeding heavy or more than usual in quantity? It may be fibroids. But, be it as it may, you need oral contraceptive in the form of combination estrogen/progesterone to regulate bleeding.

But, you need to make sure it is not a bleeding disorder, you weren't pregnant or are you previously on OCP?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
Immaangel:
Pls help me. I'm bleeding for over 2weeks now. I took misoprosol before d bleeding started, what do I do now?

Why did you take misoprostol? Abortion?

If so, the bleeding will taper off up to 3-4 weeks. Can wait another week or so. If not stopped, see gyn doc.

Best.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 03, 2015
lekropasky:
What happened?
Anytime i had wet dream or i ejaculated. My Penis alwys pain me, like a sore-like pain.
Whats the possible cause?
Thanks...

Infection or inflammation of your prostate, testicles or urethra.

How long has this been going on? Are you on any medications, supplements?

Can obtain test for STD if you are sexually active.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 03, 2015
abayomi93:
I am not depressed jarey I was even tinking of stopping the tryptizol.but I just notice that when I started taking the propanol the parpitations and anxiety have stopped.I am now calm inside.But the muscular weekness in my elbow/knee and little numbness in my body are still visible.and the tremors also occur a little.the veins in my hands nd legs just vibrete on their own.sometimes I feel very week that I cannot even walk fast.I am to do the thyroid test on teusday.I will recheck the B.P.is that propanol that good? bcus I have read a lot about it online.I take 80mg/day.this hyperthyroidsm is weeked oh,I just they lean.

Propanol works really fast; within hours. Should have reduced your BP by now. 80mg/day is a hefty bit of dose.

Yes, get the thyroid test and let me know how it goes. You will likely need medical treatment to suppress excess thyroid production, perhaps surgical removal depending.

Best
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lekropasky(m): 1:39pm On Apr 03, 2015
Xiadnat:

Infection or inflammation of your prostate, testicles or urethra.

How long has this been going on? Are you on any medications, supplements?

Can obtain test for STD if you are sexually active.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Immaangel(f): 7:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
Xiadnat:

Why did you take misoprostol? Abortion?

If so, the bleeding will taper off up to 3-4 weeks. Can wait another week or so. If not stopped, see gyn doc.

Best.
Ok thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Immaangel(f): 7:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
Xiadnat:

Is this bleeding heavy or more than usual in quantity? It may be fibroids. But, be it as it may, you need oral contraceptive in the form of combination estrogen/progesterone to regulate bleeding.

But, you need to make sure it is not a bleeding disorder, you weren't pregnant or are you previously on OCP?

I took misoprosol. So I've been bleeding with flesh like stuffs coming out with d blood
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Adeola29(f): 1:45am On Apr 04, 2015
Pls in how many days does it take the side effects of lumartem to wear out after completion of dosage??
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Chumani(f): 11:27am On Apr 04, 2015
Hello doctors, i need ur help urgently. av bn having stomach upset for d past 4days now, whenever i pass gas, i do feel relieved at dt particular time but the aches always immediately after gassing. i also belch along with dis which atimes lead to throwing up.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 04, 2015
Adeola29:
Pls in how many days does it take the side effects of lumartem to wear out after completion of dosage??

When did you stop taking it? The half life of the drug combination is about hours/week. So, It will take about 2 weeks for it completely wear off theoretically given the half life (amount of time it takes to clear half of the drug from your system).
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 04, 2015
Chumani:
Hello doctors, i need ur help urgently. av bn having stomach upset for d past 4days now, whenever i pass gas, i do feel relieved at dt particular time but the aches always immediately after gassing. i also belch along with dis which atimes lead to throwing up.

This needs more history. First, you age bracket please? Did this start suddenly or gradually? Has it happened before? Can you relate with any food that you ate? Are you having passing stools? Constipation? Diarrhea? How many times did you vomit? And how much (quantity) is the vomitus?

IT does sound like you have lots of gas in your bowel. The questions is why? I will start with food intolerance. Avoid or limit carbohydrate laden foods diary foods (cow milk, cheese et. al), legumes (beans). Keep food diary so you can note what is causing it and eliminate it.

Best.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 04, 2015
Immaangel:

I took misoprosol. So I've been bleeding with flesh like stuffs coming out with d blood

OK. Sounds like you are still chemically aborting the fetal tissues. Hm. You can wait it out and see it tapers off.

Are you self treating? Should see and gynecologist for a follow-up; botched up or incomplete chemical abortion can have serious consequences.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Adeola29(f): 5:23pm On Apr 04, 2015
Xiadnat:

When did you stop taking it? The half life of the drug combination is about hours/week. So, It will take about 2 weeks for it completely wear off theoretically given the half life (amount of time it takes to clear half of the drug from your system).

Thanks a lot
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Cool83(m): 8:37pm On Apr 04, 2015
please doctor i need urgent respond
my brother of 10yrs old always have blood coming out after defecate, he always complain of stomachache and pain allover his sides. sometimes ago he felt sick nd couldn't eat for 4 days due to stomachache, the doctor said it was ulcer, he was given an injection but i suspect TB bcoz he has been xpose to it. he did afb it was neg nd tb blood test was positive. i dnt know what to do now

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

Viewing this topic: OgogoroDegree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.