Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,927 members, 7,814,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (635888 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by uobimba(m): 10:25pm On May 07, 2015
Xiadnat:

I would say to describe this skin issue that you are having. But, if you sure that it is eczema or have been properly diagnosed by a health professional, then ok. Eczematous skin are sometimes hard to deal with. First, you need good moisturizer lotion, and apply to affected area when skin is still damp. Then, consider getting prescription for low potency topical steroid. See how that works. There are other more potent options, but start with those first.

Antifungal will not help unless you have fungal infection or superimposed fungal infection. Eczema is not an infection nor is it infectious, if you are sure that it is eczema. So no need to isolate your belongings and the like.

Good luck.
thanks a lot.what do u mean by low potency topical steroid? who do i meet or how do i get it? pls can u giv me name of recommendable moisturizer motion
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by EBCO: 7:27am On May 08, 2015
Every man should strive to be eating enough fruits. The sugar from the fruits (fructose) gives strenght to the sperm just the way sugar (glucose) gives strenght to the human body. Semen that has no fructose usually tastes salty and the sperm that they contain are usually weak and are incapable of fertilising the egg. For the sperm, the journey from the virgina through the womb, through the fallopian tube to the ovary is called the journey to the promised land. Millions of sperm die on the way. Only the strong and healthy sperm succeed in that journey. Thats one of the reasons that a man and a woman will be medically okay but they cant have any baby. But normal semen tastes sugary and the sperm in them are usually strong and healthy and dont waste time in fertilising an egg.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by saheed2532(m): 10:58am On May 08, 2015
WEIGHT LOSE AFTER PREGNANCY BECOMES EASY WITH T5 FATBURNER Weight loss after pregnancy takes time, but it's possible. Thankfully with T5 FatBurners Slimming Pills , weight loss time just got shorter. If you're like most new moms, you're eager to hang your maternity clothes in the back of the closet. Your baby is here and you can’t wait to get back into your sexy clothes. Thankfully, T5 FatBurners Slimming Pills helps you lose weight fast after pregnancy. Many have taken it and are thankful that they did because they achieved their desired shape faster than they ever imagined. Mum, you don’t have to give up on your body shape. You can be that sexy mom again. Order T5 FatBurners Slimming Pills today HERE www.t5fatburners.com.ng?t_id=SaheedUthman

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 7lives: 11:01am On May 08, 2015
PipSurgeon:
when did it start?? was it sudden or gradual??... any history of trauma?? any other symptoms i guess dats diclofenac, and pls who prescribed d calcium drugs, n what was his/her reasons?? awaiting ur answer.. thanks

The pain started 2 week ago, I also slipped and fell flat on my face three days into the pain.
I was involved in auto crash some years back and had collar bone fracture. I had never really had any issue with my neck and shoulder since that accident until 2 weeks ago.
A nurse friend recommend clofenac and calcium to relieve the pains but its just not working.
Thanks Doc.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 08, 2015
Hello;

I have not heard of approved natural diet for goiter. The definitive treatment is surgical excision.

Life on levothyroxine is mostly safe unless you abuse it or overdose on it. Common side effects include: palpitations, fast heart beats, weight loss, nausea, diarrhea, headache--- these are all signs of excess thyroid hormone in your system.

If you have no symptoms, get a second opinion for sure regarding surgery.

Let me know what you decide, i would be glad to answer further questions

Imokay:
Thank you so much Doc. I breathe well and my voice is ok but sometimes i just feel funny.....(I'm a very active person) but i just feel like I've been fasting for long sometimes...(you know that feeling) and a little cold....but its not regular. So I'm tempted to pass it for pms really. Like I said earlier, a total thyroidectomy was recommended and the fact thatI have been on natural (vegetable diet) to see if it can shrink the node ( because I have read of that possibility online as well (hoping its not hoax)
I need you to please tell me what to expect with life on synthetic hormone. What are the side effects...I won't hesitate the surgery if after a second opinion it comes as the best option. I trust God to perfect it all which ever way but I just want to feel well and live well and long (lol)
God bless you and thank you,

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 08, 2015
Low potency steroid just means the strenght or effects is less such as hydrocortisone (1%).

If you can afford these US based products: cetaphil, Lubriderm, aveeno or soy based. Can also look for eqiuvalents of these in your own country.

For less costly ones: Coconut oil, coco butter, olive oil mixed with another water based lotion, aloe vera lotion, vaseline jelly.

Best

uobimba:
thanks a lot.what do u mean by low potency topical steroid? who do i meet or how do i get it? pls can u giv me name of recommendable moisturizer motion
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 08, 2015
7lives:

I wake up one morning with this pains on my neck, arm, shoulder and the back of my neck.
I was once involved in auto crash, a family friend recommend the diclophenac and calcium to help my bones.

You most likely are exhibiting signs and symptoms of cervical radiculopathy or in laymans term l; a pinched nerve.

If you have not done so, visit your doctor for evaluation and imaging with neck/ spine xray and/or MRI.

Treatment is mostly pain management using graded options: NSAIDS like ibuprofen, diclofenac, ketoprofen or stronger ones like narcotics in short term.

If spasm, try muscle relaxants.

Other options:

Physical therapy or neck rehabilitation.
Spinal steroid nerve injection
Cervical / neck brace or pillow.
Surgery

My recommendation is get imaging to rule in diagnosis then if pinched nerve as i suspect, do pain reliever in tangetial with neck and spine physical therapy. If you cannot afford physical therapist, google neck home exercises.

Goodluck
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 7lives: 1:05pm On May 08, 2015
Xiadnat:

You most likely are exhibiting signs and symptoms of cervical radiculopathy or in laymans term l; a pinched nerve.

If you have not done so, visit your doctor for evaluation and imaging with neck/ spine xray and/or MRI.

Treatment is mostly pain management using graded options: NSAIDS like ibuprofen, diclofenac, ketoprofen or stronger ones like narcotics in short term.

If spasm, try muscle relaxants.

Other options:

Physical therapy or neck rehabilitation.
Spinal steroid nerve injection
Cervical / neck brace or pillow.
Surgery

My recommendation is get imaging to rule in diagnosis then if pinched nerve as i suspect, do pain reliever in tangetial with neck and spine physical therapy. If you cannot afford physical therapist, google neck home exercises.

Goodluck

Thank-you.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Chibaby87(f): 12:25am On May 09, 2015
Thanks Doc. That means am pregnant now
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mubarak1(m): 10:48am On May 09, 2015
Hello Dr. Xiadnat, I left my hometown to School in Sokoto, The worse challenged I'm facing there is Hotness of weather, Whenever I go out to class if the hot sun beats me I feel something watery flowing inside my head(I thought it was blood flow) and after some hours blood I nose bleed and I feel idle, laziness and headache, I'm I okay or what did u observe, Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 09, 2015
Mubarak1:
Hello Dr. Xiadnat, I left my hometown to School in Sokoto, The worse challenged I'm facing there is Hotness of weather, Whenever I go out to class if the hot sun beats me I feel something watery flowing inside my head(I thought it was blood flow) and after some hours blood I nose bleed and I feel idle, laziness and headache, I'm I okay or what did u observe, Thanks

It sounds like migraine induced headache associated with nosebleeds.

Tell me more about the headache? You have history of migraine? Any other medical history? Age? Medications you take?

Can you see a doctor for evaluation and treatment?

If migraine as i suspect, there are effective treatments or managements.

Best
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 09, 2015
Chibaby87:
Thanks Doc. That means am pregnant now

Not neccessarily. Get a pregnancy test to be sure.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by unuane1(m): 7:56pm On May 09, 2015
Nice thread
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Iytech(m): 9:53pm On May 09, 2015
Hello Doc, please what drug can an individual take in treating urinary tract infection?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 09, 2015
Iytech:
Hello Doc, please what drug can an individual take in treating urinary tract infection?

UTI is an infection usually from bacteria organism. You need anti microbial in the form of antibiotics.

Do not self treat, if you think you have UTI, go and get urine analysis with micro for identification of specific bug so you can target it with specific anti biotics

Best
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 09, 2015
unuane1:
Nice thread

smiley. We try.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by unuane1(m): 12:31pm On May 10, 2015
Xiadnat:

smiley. We try.
Pls doc I would love to ask u something which I have been troubling me for sometime now. i have two serious health challenges that i will need ur uttermost advice about. pls besides this means what other way can i reach u? pls should I give u my email address so we can communicate via mails? Thanks a lot for ur anticipated response.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 10, 2015
unuane1:
Pls doc I would love to ask u something which I have been troubling me for sometime now. i have two serious health challenges that i will need ur uttermost advice about. pls besides this means what other way can i reach u? pls should I give u my email address so we can communicate via mails? Thanks a lot for ur anticipated response.

Send Private message via NL PM and i will reply.

Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by unuane1(m): 1:13pm On May 10, 2015
Xiadnat:

Thanks
. Alright thanks I will
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by crayguy: 2:47pm On May 10, 2015
may not be the right thread to post this or posting again but I am really inneed to know,
hi doc,I think I have combination /normal - oily skin type, however am tends to get shiny look in the t zone region of the face, but the cheeks is a bit normal, so you could determine what my skin type is..
the problem is, my tzone region is prone to roughness, the nose area more, something more like a patch( as yoruba people would call it "egusi nose) and I exfoliate once in a week , after the exfoliation process, I will get very smooth and silky soft looking and the patch seems to come up fast again within less than 7 days,so I think maybe I don't use the right exfoliating scrub or am getting something done wrong, I do not want to go into bleaching up my skin in the process, maybe you would suggest me solution or the right thing to do or use, am open to question to put you through.... thanks a lot doc,i will appreciate your prompt response,
stay blessed!!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mubarak1(m): 3:17pm On May 10, 2015
Xiadnat:

It sounds like migraine induced headache associated with nosebleeds.

Tell me more about the headache? You have history of migraine? Any other medical history? Age? Medications you take?

Can you see a doctor for evaluation and treatment?

If migraine as i suspect, there are effective treatments or managements.

Best

I'm 17, The headache is not that much, because whenever I rest d headache will disappear. And a times the nose bleeding comes immediately when I start resting, I don't have any medical history of migraine beside I don't know what it means self,
Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 10, 2015
Mubarak1:

I'm 17, The headache is not that much, because whenever I rest d headache will disappear. And a times the nose bleeding comes immediately when I start resting, I don't have any medical history of migraine beside I don't know what it means self,
Thanks

Ok. Get checked out by a physician at least for possible migraine. Or rule out serious causes.

Best
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 10, 2015
crayguy:
may not be the right thread to post this or posting again but I am really inneed to know,
hi doc,I think I have combination /normal - oily skin type, however am tends to get shiny look in the t zone region of the face, but the cheeks is a bit normal, so you could determine what my skin type is..
the problem is, my tzone region is prone to roughness, the nose area more, something more like a patch( as yoruba people would call it "egusi nose) and I exfoliate once in a week , after the exfoliation process, I will get very smooth and silky soft looking and the patch seems to come up fast again within less than 7 days,so I think maybe I don't use the right exfoliating scrub or am getting something done wrong, I do not want to go into bleaching up my skin in the process, maybe you would suggest me solution or the right thing to do or use, am open to question to put you through.... thanks a lot doc,i will appreciate your prompt response,
stay blessed!!!

It sounds like millia.

Have you tried exfoliating with scrubs that have salicylic or glycolic acid or retinoid acid?

Also avoid heavy mineral or petroleaum oil based cream or lotions.

Avoid physically removal of the bumps.

You may outgrow this so take it easy. Your other options if you can afford it: facial peel, extracting dead skin by dermatologist, cryotherapy. These are done by professionals.

Best
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by crayguy: 3:40pm On May 10, 2015
Xiadnat:

It sounds like millia.

Have you tried exfoliating with scrubs that have salicylic or glycolic acid or retinoid acid?

Also avoid heavy mineral or petroleaum oil based cream or lotions.

Avoid physically removal of the bumps.

You may outgrow this so take it easy. Your other options if you can afford it: facial peel, extracting dead skin by dermatologist, cryotherapy. These are done by professionals.

Best
thanks for your reply, have never tried any scrub with those mentioned ingredients, maybe you could suggest best scrub that contain those.. another person suggest I use scrub that contain benzyol solution. I use eden apricot scrub currently
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 10, 2015
crayguy:
thanks for your reply, have never tried any scrub with those mentioned ingredients, maybe you could suggest best scrub that contain those.. another person suggest I use scrub that contain benzyol solution. I use eden apricot scrub currently

Benzoyl is ok too. All these ingredients are similar in action, you just have to try different products or different ingredients to see which works for you.

What is the active ingredient in eden scrub? Is the same as st. Ives?

There are Cheaper brands like: st. Ives, neutrogena, clarasil, ponds.

Anyway, here are also few to check out. These will be more expensive since they are high end products. Google them for purchase @ e- store options.

Murad AHA-BHA exfoliating cleanser.
Aveeno exfoliating cleanser
MD formulations facial cleanser

But! Before you get into extreme chemical potion concotions, to avoid scarring and causing farther damage, see dermatologist for recommendation. They can write you prescription for extra strenght concentrated product such as retinoid.

Best
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by crayguy: 5:03pm On May 10, 2015
Xiadnat:

Benzoyl is ok too. All these ingredients are similar in action, you just have to try different products or different ingredients to see which works for you.

What is the active ingredient in eden scrub? Is the same as st. Ives?

There are Cheaper brands like: st. Ives, neutrogena, clarasil, ponds.

Anyway, here are also few to check out. These will be more expensive since they are high end products. Google them for purchase @ e- store options.

Murad AHA-BHA exfoliating cleanser.
Aveeno exfoliating cleanser
MD formulations facial cleanser

But! Before you get into extreme chemical potion concotions, to avoid scarring and causing farther damage, see dermatologist for recommendation. They can write you prescription for extra strenght concentrated product such as retinoid.

Best
thanks for your prompt reply....i think I will go with the benzyol products. appreciated.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by unuane1(m): 9:00am On May 11, 2015
Xiadnat:

Thanks
Hello doc, i am having problems with sending PM. Please is there no other way i can commune with you?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by missnigeria: 10:52am On May 11, 2015
Pls Doctors,what drugs or medication can you prescribe for a child who is 1year 6month and he's yet to walk.Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by nwosu1988: 1:46pm On May 11, 2015
Hello doctor thanks for ur support here, please I and my friends have being following this talk here we are students in one of the university in west Africa, for the past year now my very good friend told me that he notic that during sex he comes down easily I mean he release even before the lady in other words he can't make woman happy pls help us out this is my contact +233546913396
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Yemiolads(f): 6:22pm On May 11, 2015
Watch out for your kidneys, kidney trouble common these days!
http://www.opeyemioladotun..com/2015/05/news-flash-7-ways-you-slowly-murder.html
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 11, 2015
unuane1:
Hello doc, i am having problems with sending PM. Please is there no other way i can commune with you?

It worked. I have replied.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 11, 2015
missnigeria:
Pls Doctors,what drugs or medication can you prescribe for a child who is 1year 6month and he's yet to walk.Thanks

Most children start walking by 9 to 12 months. Others do not until up to 18 months.

What developmental milestones has the child achieved so far (in other words, what 'baby' things is he/she doing or not doing?: nosies? rolling? grasping etc?). Has the child got any medical problems.?

This child may need a thorough assessment and evaluation by a pediatrician. There are no drugs or medications to offer now, the treatment depends on what is the problem why the child is delayed in walking.

Let me know if more questions or comment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.