Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,975 members, 7,825,040 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (638020 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 23, 2015
Immaangel:

Two weeks now and its oozing out fluids at intervals

Is this fluid clear/yellowish clear? Is there pain, redness?

If fluid is purulent (pus), and/or there is significant pain/tenderness, redness, swelling: then it is probably infected at this point and you need antibiotics and possible incision and drainage.

If none of the above is present, then as I mentioned; keep clean, dry and open (so fluid can drain), then consider topical antibacterial. Now, to facilitate wound to heal faster, eat proper and balanced diet that has proteins, protect the affected area (so it is not repeatedly traumatized).

Watch closely for those alarmingly symptoms of infection as I aforementioned.

Good luck
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 23, 2015
Michaelshow:
Plz doc.,I had bin seen blood discharge out after my urination bt it doesn't cause any sensation of pain. I went 2 different medical center bt all their effort prove abortive. What can I do to stop dis ? Kindly help....

I will need more history than this. Age? How much blood? How often? Your medical history? What exactly did the medical centers test for or say is wrong? Are you sickle cell disease or trait per chance? Strenuous physical exertion etc?

Numerous things: trauma, infection/inflammation, cancer of the urinary tract.

But, it could just be minor trauma to your urinary structures. If it continues for a significant length of time, then you want invasive procedure to diagnose.

Good luck.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Michaelshow: 10:15pm On May 23, 2015
[quote author=Xiadnat post=34022036]

I will need more history than this. Age? How much blood? How often? Your medical history? What exactly did the medical centers test for or say is wrong? Are you sickle cell disease or trait per chance? Strenuous physical exertion etc?

Numerous things: trauma, infection/inflammation, cancer of the urinary tract.

But, it could just be minor trauma to your urinary structures. If it continues for a significant length of time, then you want invasive procedure to diagnose.

Good luck. [/quote. Am 25 yrs old,blood is in form of liquid bt sometime in cluster form .It goes out after urination,no urination,no discharging of blood. Am medical fit .some said is gonorrhea and other said oligo some tin. I had bin experiencing it for some yrs ago ...Am feed up ... Plz kindly help me out
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by OHaddy(f): 10:18pm On May 23, 2015
Xiadnat:

Do you have normal period as in every 28-32 days for 4-7 days with moderate flow?

Do you mean the entire bleeding during period is dark brown? Have you changed anything in your habits? Diet, medications ?

It is mostly normal but can be abnormal in variety of conditions: certain medications, OCPs, dietary changes, emotional distress, PID/STDs, and possibly cervical carcinoma.

Try: eating more fruits and veggies, drink lots of water/keep hydrated--keeps your system flushed.

If you have not had a woman's exam or it has been over a year, I suggest you can an exam from a GP or gyn.

Good luck.
Thank you Doc
Yes I do have normal cycle, it use to last for 5days but now sometimes 2days to 3 days.
It's dark brown the entire duration
The last time I did a test was 2 years ago.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Kollyk11(m): 9:10am On May 24, 2015
@xiadnat.thanks for all your help.pls there is this headache dat keep coming back.what I notice is it goes on its own even if I use any drug.I don't do any strenuous work.but I sleep a lot.thanks.waiting patiently for ur urgent reply thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 24, 2015
Kollyk11:
@xiadnat.thanks for all your help.pls there is this headache dat keep coming back.what I notice is it goes on its own even if I use any drug.I don't do any strenuous work.but I sleep a lot.thanks.waiting patiently for ur urgent reply thanks.

I need more info on headache. How long since it started? Where is the headache? How bad is it scale of 1-10 with 10 being worse headache of your life. How young are you? Any other symptoms you get with the headache? What is your blood pressure?

Stress and dehydration can cause or precipitate headache. Drink lots of water and continue to rest. Try not to take too much pain reliever because it does cause rebound headache.

Take care
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 24, 2015
OHaddy:

Thank you Doc
Yes I do have normal cycle, it use to last for 5days but now sometimes 2days to 3 days.
It's dark brown the entire duration
The last time I did a test was 2 years ago.

Ok. Follow recommendation at previous post. Consider another gyn exam and throw in PAP smear.

Best.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 24, 2015
Michaelshow post,

If you are young and have no medical problems or symptoms that you are aware of, then it might be unknown etiology and you just have to do watchful waiting and observe.

But! you do have to rule out STD, stones, glomerular (kidney) disease and possibly tumor.

What "tests" did the health center run?? Is there any pain associated with this at all? And, do you run or ride bikes/motorcycles and the like a lot? Do get at least Urine analysis (UA w/ microscopy), ultrasound, STD screen (GC/Chlamydia) at least. Consider getting full chemistry profile that includes your kidney function tests (BUN/CR)

Good luck
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by LONGFELLOW02(m): 12:46pm On May 24, 2015
Eye doctor should answer this for me pls. . . Is it true that Allergic Conjuvitis can't be cure?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by toyad1(m): 5:04pm On May 24, 2015
Thanks to all doctors in the house,more grease to your elbow....pls I need a medical advice. I use ventolin inhaler too often or let me say frequently.I hope it does not have any effect at the short and long run....thank you very much. Toyad
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:45am On May 25, 2015
toyad1:
Thanks to all doctors in the house,more grease to your elbow....pls I need a medical advice. I use ventolin inhaler too often or let me say frequently.I hope it does not have any effect at the short and long run....thank you very much. Toyad

Hm. How much do you use it daily? And is it for Asthma or COPD?

If you are using your inhaler frequently or several times a day/night, then your Asthma is NOT under control.

Short term effects: are the typical side effects of albuterol and you can google these.

The more important issue is the longer term effects and implications; and that is your Asthma situation is worsening meaning more longer term damage (and irreversibility) of your lungs.

I would recommend getting an re-evaluation of your asthma and get it more under control with other medications such as steroid or longer acting beta-acting inhaler, if not already on one.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kin101: 11:46am On May 25, 2015
Xiadnat:

It can happen. But, it is not a cure. This means that one can reverse back to active infection at any point in ones' life especially with depressed general immunity.

I wish you well.

pls do u know the price of hepantivir? do u know where i can get it?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Perculiar: 6:33pm On May 25, 2015
Doctors in the house pls I need your advise and suggestion on what else to do. I have be married for 5months and have been actively TTC for 3months now. My period is between 26,27 and 28 and it doesn't fall below 26. and I got married as a virgin january this year and the only drug I take every month for my menstrual pain is diclofen forte and nothing more. I also know when I ovulate cause I feel a Sharp pain and always see my egg white cervical mucus. late cycle I took cough syrup and I plan taking it again this cycle.
I got worried and sad cause I just saw my period today. I thought it won't show after I met with my hubby very well all through my fertile period.

please help me.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kin101: 8:44am On May 26, 2015
Xiadnat:

It can happen. But, it is not a cure. This means that one can reverse back to active infection at any point in ones' life especially with depressed general immunity.

I wish you well.

i want to turn negative......do you know how much hepantivir is and where i can get?
also i want you to help me find out if hepatitis can stop one from getting a job in oil company or academics.thanks in anticipation
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 26, 2015
kin101:

pls do u know the price of hepantivir? do u know where i can get it?

http://bolarpharm.com/products/hepantivir/

http://herbaltray.com/en/anti-hepatitis/107-hepantivir.html

Price is 4,000 Naira. Below the latter website is the store location (Lagos) and phone number.

I wish you well. Please, don't hesitate with questions, concerns, comments.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pnieeventures: 8:51pm On May 26, 2015
doctors in the house you are doing a great job in here.

Pls there is an issue that needs urgent attention my bestie just confided in my about a challange she has been facing,she has to voice out now that she just got married and it causing her embarrassment.
She sometimes bed wet esp when she is on her period.this has been happening since childhood. Though she does not bed wet every night she fines herself bed wetting once in a while.she has been keeping it to herself but now she is married after 2month into the marriage one night after a serious and exited love making with her husband after falling asleep she was woke up by d alarm from saying wat is ds on d bed.she has bed wet again.
Pls we need help before she is sent out of her home.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ify84(m): 7:58am On May 27, 2015
Xiadnat:

I need more info on headache. How long since it started? Where is the headache? How bad is it scale of 1-10 with 10 being worse headache of your life. How young are you? Any other symptoms you get with the headache? What is your blood pressure?

Stress and dehydration can cause or precipitate headache. Drink lots of water and continue to rest. Try not to take too much pain reliever because it does cause rebound headache.

Take care

... Just married, will have Attention in my boxer, remove it to insert after some pre-intimacy, the joystick will go ground zero... More romance to bring it up prove abortive.... I think I have suffered weak Attention as a result of some mastubation few months before I married, never had real sex but mastubate once a while... Pls what drug can I go to the pharmacy to buy
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Perculiar: 1:45pm On May 27, 2015
Perculiar:
Doctors in the house pls I need your advise and suggestion on what else to do. I have be married for 5months and have been actively TTC for 3months now. My period is between 26,27 and 28 and it doesn't fall below 26. and I got married as a virgin january this year and the only drug I take every month for my menstrual pain is diclofen forte and nothing more. I also know when I ovulate cause I feel a Sharp pain and always see my egg white cervical mucus. late cycle I took cough syrup and I plan taking it again this cycle.
I got worried and sad cause I just saw my period today. I thought it won't show after I met with my hubby very well all through my fertile period.

please help me.

Doctors in the house una do well ooooo. Pls someone should tell me what extra thing to do to increase my chances. God bless
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 27, 2015
Perculiar:

please help me.

Worrying and stress definitely does not help and in fact, may interfere with your TTC . Infertility is when you have being trying for at least a year. Keep trying.

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 27, 2015
pnieeventures:
doctors in the house you are doing a great job in here.

Pls there is an issue that needs urgent attention my bestie just confided in my about a challange she has been facing,she has to voice out now that she just got married and it causing her embarrassment.
She sometimes bed wet esp when she is on her period.this has been happening since childhood. Though she does not bed wet every night she fines herself bed wetting once in a while.she has been keeping it to herself but now she is married after 2month into the marriage one night after a serious and exited love making with her husband after falling asleep she was woke up by d alarm from saying wat is ds on d bed.she has bed wet again.
Pls we need help before she is sent out of her home.

Does this lady have any medical issues in particular? If she is young and healthy, then it's likely psychological. There are certain things she can do to diminish enuresis (bed wetting). She may also need therapy to decipher why this has been ongoing.

For now, try: setting an alarm every so often, so she can wake up and urinate in the toilet instead.

She also needs to visit a GP and get a basic laboratory test and exam performed to determine overall physical health.

Good luck.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 27, 2015
ify84:

... Just married, will have Attention in my boxer, remove it to insert after some pre-intimacy, the joystick will go ground zero... More romance to bring it up prove abortive.... I think I have suffered weak Attention as a result of some mastubation few months before I married, never had real sex but mastubate once a while... Pls what drug can I go to the pharmacy to buy

The treatment depends on the cause. What is your age? medical problems? Drugs/medications (prescribed, OTC and street drugs?). Do you get erectio*n at night? If you do, then it's likely not due to physical problem.

If you are young and healthy and get erect at night, then it is likely psychological or performance anxiety. There are some tactics that you can use, or can see a therapist.

Take care.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ify84(m): 9:20pm On May 27, 2015
Xiadnat:

The treatment depends on the cause. What is your age? medical problems? Drugs/medications (prescribed, OTC and street drugs?). Do you get erectio*n at night? If you do, then it's likely not due to physical problem.

If you are young and healthy and get erect at night, then it is likely psychological or performance anxiety. There are some tactics that you can use, or can see a therapist.

Take care.

i am 30+....medical problems, i don't have any, cos i have actually forgotten wen i went to hospital last. not used to drugs... YES, i have erection at night and expercially that early morning erection. perhaps, psychological.. but what next... therapist? where
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 28, 2015
ify84:

i am 30+....medical problems, i don't have any, cos i have actually forgotten wen i went to hospital last. not used to drugs... YES, i have erection at night and expercially that early morning erection. perhaps, psychological.. but what next... therapist? where

Yea..it's kinda difficult to find a talk therapist/sex psychologist in Nigeria (I imagine).

Then!

You will need your bed mate/partner to help you out here. Start with talking. Communicate and lots of pre-intimacy/coitu*s things--if you are up for it. If you are stressed, anxiety ridden etc: manage that first. Stress management techniques and relaxation methods may help

In addition:

Exercise (it enhances testosterone), eat right and loose weight if you are overweight.

Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by tatacherie: 1:39pm On May 30, 2015
Hello Drs in d house weldone.
Pls help me
I've been having signs of fever lately..bittermouth,cold,weakness all over & nausea,so I went for MP/Widal tests.here is d result.
Malaria parasite(+)Ring form of Plasmodium Falciparum seen.
Widal reaction report:Salmonella Groups AO,AH,BO,BH,CO,CH,DO,DH Titres all less than 20.
Titre greater than 20 is significant.
Pls help interprete before I see a Dr next week.Note:I'm 7 weeks pregnant and feeling like fainting/vomiting.am worried as I learnt malaria drugs can't b administered in early pregnancy.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 30, 2015
Good evening doc, I've been having irregular menstrual cycle, atimes I could go 4 months without a period. Someone suggested taking m2 tone to me. Please is it effective and safe to take it, what dosage would u recommend.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 30, 2015
tatacherie:
Hello Drs in d house weldone.
Pls help me
I've been having signs of fever lately..bittermouth,cold,weakness all over & nausea,so I went for MP/Widal tests.here is d result.
Malaria parasite(+)Ring form of Plasmodium Falciparum seen.
Widal reaction report:Salmonella Groups AO,AH,BO,BH,CO,CH,DO,DH Titres all less than 20.
Titre greater than 20 is significant.
Pls help interprete before I see a Dr next week.Note:I'm 7 weeks pregnant and feeling like fainting/vomiting.am worried as I learnt malaria drugs can't b administered in early pregnancy.

This result shows you have Malaria parasite of the P. falciparum kind.
Non significant of salmonella.

Dear, it is crucial that you report to the hospital now for treatment- you may require IV treatment especially if you start vomiting. I recommend not prolonging this till next week.

Only primaquine is contraindicated in pregnancy. Other anti-malarias are okay- and they should know this at the health center where they treat you.

Also, see your OB as well for fetus check up.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 30, 2015
fatme:
Good evening doc, I've been having irregular menstrual cycle, atimes I could go 4 months without a period. Someone suggested taking m2 tone to me. Please is it effective and safe to take it, what dosage would u recommend.

I am not sure what m2tone is. But, I am guessing you are not pregnant.

Anyway, see a gyn for evaluation and treatment. You will likely need combined oral contraceptive in the form of estrogen/progesterone to regulate your cycle.

Good luck
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 30, 2015
Xiadnat:

I am not sure what m2tone is. But, I am guessing you are not pregnant.

Anyway, see a gyn for evaluation and treatment. You will likely need combined oral contraceptive in the form of estrogen/progesterone to regulate your cycle.

Good luck
I've been to the hospital, been examined and nothing was found wrong from the scan and tests I have done. My doc put me on oral contraceptive which I took for 3months,still my period isn't regular.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 30, 2015
fatme:

I've been to the hospital, been examined and nothing was found wrong from the scan and tests I have done. My doc put me on oral contraceptive which I took for 3months,still my period isn't regular.

what is this OCP that she put you on?

How old are you? what is your height, weight and/or BMI?

What kind of tests and scan did you get?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 30, 2015
The OCP is combination 3.i did a pelvic scan, hormone profile, blood count, hvs , pregnancy test. I'm 22,weigh 58,height 1.7.

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.