Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (637415 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by afolayan22(m): 9:46am On Oct 16, 2015
funmercy1:
Hi doc

I have dis headache all d time it is like a way of life, I woke with it it stress out it lncrese with my vein posing out on both side and my forehead and dey ll be hot sometimes affecting my eyes making my eyes hot or watery or both and sometime my eyes twinkle while sometime hot or chill inside my body. It is 24/7 nw I live with d headache 4 some month nw d problem is Dat I'm nt doing anything stresfull nw, i take practamol all d time 4times a day 3tabs, and it seems nt 2 be working nw. What should I do. Thanks
Please doctor:Does evaporated milk intake everyday add to someone weight!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Feistyoly: 9:53pm On Oct 17, 2015
Please is 60% lymphocyte and 40% neuroph... normal for an adult? Been having this rashes on my chest for a while now it started out flat n now it looks like tiny goosebumps I'm tired of seeing it. I've stopped using any cream on my body as suggested by the doctor but it shows no sign of leaving. I usually have bumps on my chest it comes a certain time and leaves scars but this doesn't really look like it but I have those too. Please what could be wrong? Could it be anything serious?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Onlyhandsome(m): 1:22pm On Oct 18, 2015
pls Dr. am in deep unrest because of itching in my anus. I always have or a discomfort in my anus. it is itching n scratching me at d same. pls wat can I do. I need ur reply asap
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Perpetual459: 3:01pm On Oct 18, 2015
my son just recovered from measles but he has reduced in size.pls which multivitamins can I give.he is a 3and half yr old boy with 14kg
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kpearl(f): 3:18pm On Oct 18, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kpearl(f): 3:20pm On Oct 18, 2015
Please what drugs can I use so as to add flesh. I hate that people talk about my slimness like its a disease or a crime.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
sweetpie:

So, you have chronic knee pain and effusion (fluid in knee), have they actually done any type of tests to ascertain why you keep re-accumulating fluid? Have you being diagnosed with arthritis?

I suggest undergoing thorough evaluation. Most common causes for your condition at your age, would be injury to ligaments, bursitis, arthritis.

Are you taking any pain control medications or anything else?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
afolayan22:
Please doctor:Does evaporated milk intake everyday add to someone weight!

Yes it may, if in excess. You gain weight by consuming more than you expend---is the general idea.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 18, 2015
kpearl:
Please what drugs can I use so as to add flesh. I hate that people talk about my slimness like its a disease or a crime.

Eat well balanced diet. Generally, you gain weight when you consume more than you expend. I say generally, because this does not work for everyone. First, determine you are in otherwise normal health and no other health issues that is prohibiting weight gain or causing weight loss
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 18, 2015
Feistyoly:
Please is 60% lymphocyte and 40% neuroph... normal for an adult? Been having this rashes on my chest for a while now it started out flat n now it looks like tiny goosebumps I'm tired of seeing it. I've stopped using any cream on my body as suggested by the doctor but it shows no sign of leaving. I usually have bumps on my chest it comes a certain time and leaves scars but this doesn't really look like it but I have those too. Please what could be wrong? Could it be anything serious?

Those numbers are fairly normal. Is the rash causing your any discomfort? If not, I suggest you leave it alone, it will go away eventually.

Have you considered if anything around you is causing it? Do investigate if perhaps an irritant around or on you.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 18, 2015
Perpetual459:
my son just recovered from measles but he has reduced in size.pls which multivitamins can I give.he is a 3and half yr old boy with 14kg

Perhaps the reduction in weight is due to recent viral illness, I would recommend taking him to a paediatrician just to ensure he is well.

Does he have any symptoms other than weight loss? I would feed him balanced diet and maintain a good psychosocial environment for the child to thrive.

Good luck.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 18, 2015
funmercy1:
Hi doc

I have dis headache all d time it is like a way of life, I woke with it it stress out it lncrese with my vein posing out on both side and my forehead and dey ll be hot sometimes affecting my eyes making my eyes hot or watery or both and sometime my eyes twinkle while sometime hot or chill inside my body. It is 24/7 nw I live with d headache 4 some month nw d problem is Dat I'm nt doing anything stresfull nw, i take practamol all d time 4times a day 3tabs, and it seems nt 2 be working nw. What should I do. Thanks

How old are you?

I think it's either migraine or tension headache, but should be safe to rule out more malignant causes of headache. How long have you had headache again or have you had before?

You need to go and see a health care professional as soon as possible.

Regards
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Perpetual459: 6:58pm On Oct 18, 2015
Xiadnat:

Perhaps the reduction in weight is due to recent viral illness, I would recommend taking him to a paediatrician just to ensure he is well.

Does he have any symptoms other than weight loss? I would feed him balanced diet and maintain a good psychosocial environment for the child to thrive.

Good luck.
there is no other symptoms except d weight loss
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Ginykamark: 7:28pm On Oct 18, 2015
. Hi doc sometime in august I went to the hospital because of symptoms of burning sensation in the chest n throat weakness, inability to breathe properly and a host of other symptoms. I was diagnosed with gerd and after talking meds I got better althoughh the weakness continued and got worse plus rapid heartbeat ran lots of tests and an ECG to ascertain the cause of my sinus tachycardia . Blood test detected I have pnemonia and was placed on antibiotics,am feeling better now, but I notice I have these tingling sensation in my legs and arms and my knees feel weak and shaky like my body is too heavy to carry. I officially stopped taking my meds 3days ago. What could be the cause?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Perpetual459: 8:47pm On Oct 18, 2015
pls what can I use to treat high temperature; cough and catarrh in my 5 and half year old boy;though I used chloroquine and paracetamol for him 3days ago but he just developed high temp did evening again and d cough and catarrh persist?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by puncking123(f): 1:28pm On Oct 21, 2015
Am AS and my husband too is AS and the geneotype test says my son is AA ,pls how is that possible?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Floyd45(m): 2:31pm On Oct 21, 2015
puncking123:
Am AS and my husband too is AS and the geneotype test says my son is AA ,pls how is that possible?

I'm not a doctor but i think it is very possible, however it was a very risky seeing that both you and your husband are AS. I wish you all the best..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Floyd45(m): 2:35pm On Oct 21, 2015
Hello to the Doctors in the house, i sometimes feel hot or should i say warm on my feet and at my back. I say this because it is not my normal body temperature. It might sound silly but i was hoping to get any medical insight. Gracias.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by windvane(m): 2:50pm On Oct 21, 2015
please i noticed my brother having pains while passing out urine,i confronted and he said he as been having sex without protection,i noticed his boxers are stained too,when i googled it all,he as gonorrhoea.please which antibiotics can he use please.thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by funmercy1(f): 9:58pm On Oct 21, 2015
I'm 25, I have been having d headache since I wz a child but once in a while, became worst when I got admitted into d University in 2010 Dat I took 3 tab of paracetamol 4 times a day.
Xiadnat:

How old are you?

I think it's either migraine or tension headache, but should be safe to rule out more malignant causes of headache. How long have you had headache again or have you had before?

You need to go and see a health care professional as soon as possible.

Regards

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by bintudon(f): 12:28am On Oct 22, 2015
Please help,I stop my family planning July this year up till now I have not seen my menstruation,I was on 3month injection.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by rev2214(m): 1:25am On Oct 22, 2015
Hello Doc. Is the head heaviness guy. Just getting to understand how to maneuver on this platform. You may address me has Niyi. The Genesis of this feeling started in 2010 when I travel home to bury my papa. As I return back to Lagos in less than 3wks then the show started. I'm alive today because I have Jesus The whole story dey here
@ http://health2bewealthy..com.ng/ flip through sir and advice me. Tnx
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 22, 2015
Ginykamark:
. Hi doc sometime in august I went to the hospital because of symptoms of burning sensation in the chest n throat weakness, inability to breathe properly and a host of other symptoms. I was diagnosed with gerd and after talking meds I got better althoughh the weakness continued and got worse plus rapid heartbeat ran lots of tests and an ECG to ascertain the cause of my sinus tachycardia . Blood test detected I have pnemonia and was placed on antibiotics,am feeling better now, but I notice I have these tingling sensation in my legs and arms and my knees feel weak and shaky like my body is too heavy to carry. I officially stopped taking my meds 3days ago. What could be the cause?

What antibiotics did they prescribe to you?

Have you ever had blood glucose test?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 22, 2015
Perpetual459:
pls what can I use to treat high temperature; cough and catarrh in my 5 and half year old boy;though I used chloroquine and paracetamol for him 3days ago but he just developed high temp did evening again and d cough and catarrh persist?

Acetaminophen or ibuprofen is okay. But, I would recommend taking him to pediatrician for a full physical.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 22, 2015
puncking123:

It is possible because your husband has one normal copy of DNA (A) and you too have one normal copy, so your son got two normal copies; one from you and the other normal copy from the father.

Here are your offsprings possible genetics karyotype:

AA, AS, AS and SS. So, your child/ren have 25% chance of AA (normal), 50% chance AS (carrier of sickle cell), and 25% chance SS (sickle cell disease).

That is one lucky kid.....so, yes. AA is possible.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 22, 2015
Floyd45:
Hello to the Doctors in the house, i sometimes feel hot or should i say warm on my feet and at my back. I say this because it is not my normal body temperature. It might sound silly but i was hoping to get any medical insight. Gracias.

Hot as in subjective hotness? Get a physical exam. What is your occupation--is it manual labor or require lots of standing and physical exertion?

Check your blood glucose too. Other symptoms?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 22, 2015
windvane:
please i noticed my brother having pains while passing out urine,i confronted and he said he as been having sex without protection,i noticed his boxers are stained too,when i googled it all,he as gonorrhoea.please which antibiotics can he use please.thanks

Get a culture swab of the fluids before calling it STD. But, you can empirically treat for gonorrhea and chlamydia.

Ceftriaxone injection once 250mg + doxycycline 100mig every 12hrs for 7days

Do visit a doctor tho.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 22, 2015
funmercy1:
I'm 25, I have been having d headache since I wz a child but once in a while, became worst when I got admitted into d University in 2010 Dat I took 3 tab of paracetamol 4 times a day.

Try anti migraine prophylaxis drugs. There's Excedrin migraine. There's the triptans. But, do be safe and see a doctor
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 22, 2015
bintudon:
Please help,I stop my family planning July this year up till now I have not seen my menstruation,I was on 3month injection.

I don't understand. You are trying to conceive and want to stop the contraceptive injection OR ? Clarify please.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 22, 2015
rev2214:
Hello Doc. Is the head heaviness guy. Just getting to understand how to maneuver on this platform. You may address me has Niyi. The Genesis of this feeling started in 2010 when I travel home to bury my papa. As I return back to Lagos in less than 3wks then the show started. I'm alive today because I have Jesus The whole story dey here
@ http://health2bewealthy..com.ng/ flip through sir and advice me. Tnx

Please ask your direct question here.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by bintudon(f): 9:07pm On Oct 22, 2015
Yes I stop it July because I wanted to conceive but since I haven't seen my menses even after I have stop the process.

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.