Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,546 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (639719 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 4:20am On Oct 22, 2008
pheesayor:

@naijaking1, you havent responded to my posts after months now and the situation is stil getting me worried, please respond

My brother, I apologize. Na condition make crawfish bend- o Could you repeat the question, or just email it to me at yahoo
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by nazoB: 12:23am On Oct 27, 2008
hi, my advice search actually has to do with my mom.she was limping for some time and she went to one of the 'best' surgeons in enugu and he suggested surgery( which cost a whole lot)cos he said there was nerve compression as seen from her MRI.she did that but it seems like the stuff got worse.now we like carry her around and stuff.she wants to go to india for treatment next week but i would really appreciate suggestions from you.also she has problem with her breathing and coughing .p/s what kind of doctor are you?and finally a second MRI was taken and the initial problem was found even after the surgery.the hospital that did the surgery says it's gone but every other neurosurgeon and neurologist say they still see it.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ucjc: 11:02am On Oct 27, 2008
Hello Dr in the house,
please what can be the reason for one having severe pain in the bone at varous parts of the body but at different times, it could be the fingers or the toes but most times its always from the knee down to the toes.
pain inside the bone.
it is really unbearable some times,
please what can i do
thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by megastu(m): 3:14pm On Oct 27, 2008
Please Dr. My daughter's leg is still swollen months after immunization. But the doctor says it will go down with time. Pls advice.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pheesayor(m): 9:49pm On Oct 28, 2008
naijaking1:

My brother, I apologize. Na condition make crawfish bend- o Could you repeat the question, or just email it to me at yahoo
pheesayor
Good to hear that you're loosing weight successfully.

In morbidly obese people, hygiene could be an issue, however, if water is truely coming out of your anus, then you need an evaluation for fistula.

I suspect that excess skin folds, hair follicles produce a lot of sweat to make you think water is coming from your anus.

If the water 'feels, smells like sweat' I would say it's sweat, but if you're passing urine-like material from your anus, then you go for proctosigmoidoscopy(anal and rectal) examination by your md.

Sleeping positions vary, I would stick with which ever position makes you most comfortable.

@naijaking1, Naijamedico, Balogun & co.
I would say its water but it is worsened when I sweat and now I can't afford to put on bright coloured trousers because of the embarassment the sweat causes.
What is evaluation for fistula and what does it involve?

As for loosing weight, I was down with typhoid last week but I took out my sister's YOYO BITTERS, It didnt releive the typhoid at all but throught the 7 days, I neither lost appetite nor vomitted so my hope of loosing more weight was dashed but I'm trying.
this is the post, and there has been a new development lately. I usually have sharp pain in my left lap bone(femur) and my right thigh muslces (just below my pelvic region) usually moves uncontrollably untill I hit the area. What could be wrong with me again? Expecting ur reply, thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ngoblack(f): 9:29am On Oct 31, 2008
please doc, thanks for devoting your time and knowledge to this site for our own benefits. is it possible to have malaria 2 weeks interval and have the symptoms of body itching and bitter taste board and is it possible to have Tuberclosis without coughing
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 6:36pm On Oct 31, 2008
pheesayor:

this is the post, and there has been a new development lately. I usually have sharp pain in my left lap bone(femur) and my right thigh muslces (just below my pelvic region) usually moves uncontrollably untill I hit the area. What could be wrong with me again? Expecting ur reply, thanks.

Thanks for your patience. If the fluid feels like water, I would say it's probably sweat. You can't mistake the ammonia smell from urine. Like I said, people who loose a lot of weight are usually left with excess skin folds, and you know these skin fold bear hair follicle, and these follicle perspire in hot weather. Keep the area clean and dry at all times and you will notice a significant improvement.
If you still suspect that you have a fistula(abnormal communication between 2 organs), then you need fistulogram, which is injection of a dye and watching to see where it comes out of. This is usually done in a doctors office or in the operating room while you sleep.
Your complaint about pain on both of your thighs suggests something above where the nerve that serves both areas of your legs come off. I would like to know if you have back pain during or before this symptom. If you do, then I would attribute the condition to irritation of the sciatic nerve. Even if you don't, I would advice against things that would potentially cause back pain for you, ie lifting heavy objects with your back, sitting/standing improperly for a long time, lying down on a bad surface, etc.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pheesayor(m): 11:09pm On Oct 31, 2008
naijaking1:

Thanks for your patience. If the fluid feels like water, I would say it's probably sweat. You can't mistake the ammonia smell from urine. Like I said, people who loose a lot of weight are usually left with excess skin folds, and you know these skin fold bear hair follicle, and these follicle perspire in hot weather. Keep the area clean and dry at all times and you will notice a significant improvement.
If you still suspect that you have a fistula(abnormal communication between 2 organs), then you need fistulogram, which is injection of a dye and watching to see where it comes out of. This is usually done in a doctors office or in the operating room while you sleep.
Your complaint about pain on both of your thighs suggests something above where the nerve that serves both areas of your legs come off. I would like to know if you have back pain during or before this symptom. If you do, then I would attribute the condition to irritation of the sciatic nerve. Even if you don't, I would advice against things that would potentially cause back pain for you, ie lifting heavy objects with your back, sitting/standing improperly for a long time, lying down on a bad surface, etc.
@naijaking1
Thanks for the reply. I havent lost a lot of weight and it even first happened in 2003 when I wasnt this fat yet so I FEEL that is not the case, fistulogram, how do I go about it and is it availaible in NIgerian hospitals? As for the pain, it is only in the left femur (that's where I feel it) and the muscle shaking shaking is on the upper side of the right lap. I dont have back pain, I only have pain below ribs (towards my back) anytime I sneeze.
Pls Holla back
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 12:05am On Nov 01, 2008
A fistulogram can easily be performed by a surgeon, especially a colorectal surgeon. If you go to see one, make sure he/she has all the relevant history. Pain on your left tigh and some sensation on your right makes me think about sciatic nerve involvement. Your lower ribs end about the thoraco-lumbar region of your spine, so a sensation/pain after straining/coughing or even sneezing points to the lumbar spinal area where the sciatic nerve comes out of the spine. Google sciatic nerve image, and you will see how it comes out of the back, spreads through your genitourinary area, to your tighs, then down to yours legs.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by amber018: 3:27am On Nov 01, 2008
Hey,
Im a 19 year old female, and I accidently took the wrong pills. It was really an accident, I wasn't trying to off myself of anything. My dad just put his pills in the same container that looked like mine and I didnt think twice about it.

Well that was yesteday, and not even an hour aftertaking them I threw up for like an hour straight. And since then every half hour Ive thrown up. Its gotten so bad that I dont have anything left in my system and all that keeps coming up is this gross, greenish liquid with dark green specs, sometimes its thick and sometimes its like water.
My whole body aches and Im running a bit of a fever, but yet Im still freezing and my blood sugar is about 4.3(last time i checked)

Is this something i need to go to the hospital for? Or will it just pass over eventually?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 4:09am On Nov 01, 2008
@Amber
Go to the hospital.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:30pm On Nov 03, 2008
Amber keep us informed on your progress. Can you remember what tablets you took and the dose. Also important to know what your weight in kilograms. All tablets are poisonous. Its important to differentiate the treatment dose from the poisonous dose!!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Yemabicon: 5:15pm On Nov 06, 2008
Hi Good to read that something like this is available.

Please how do i stop blood stooling?

what could have been the cause?

How do i treat it urgently.

My anus also come out anytime i visit the tiolet, could there be a cure for this?

Thanks

Hope
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 7:14pm On Nov 06, 2008
Yemabicon:

Hi Good to read that something like this is available.

Please how do i stop blood stooling?

what could have been the cause?

How do i treat it urgently.

My anus also come out anytime i visit the tiolet, could there be a cure for this?

Thanks

Hope

You have rectal prolapse. Without further history as to your age, sex, trauma; I would advice you to see a surgeon immediately. It's never normal to pass blood in your stool. Surgery maybe one of your definitive treatment.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kathyekiti: 3:46am On Nov 07, 2008
hi docs smiley
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 4:57am On Nov 07, 2008
Hie Dr. Kathy!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 11:07pm On Nov 08, 2008
Hi Kathy. You are doing great job on your site there. I am glad you took over that speciality from us here. Your thread has definitely attracted a lot of praise and comment. Glad to have you back naijaking.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by amber018: 7:34pm On Nov 12, 2008
To update on my progress!

I was the one who accidental took the wrong meds,
Well since then I was admitted to the hospital, and spent 5 nights and 6 days there. I went in thinking they were going to pump my stomach and that was it,boy was i wrong. They put and Iv in and started pumping stuff through, because I was so dehydrated. Apparently the meds I took, turned out that they wrecked my kidneys. Not totally so that I have to use dialysis, but enough so that they weren't doing what they were supposed to be doing. I ended up with a catheter and the whole works while in the hospital. Now I'm at home recovering, and just taking it easy.
But if you hadn't told me to go to hospital i probably wouldn't have! So thank you!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 10:26pm On Nov 12, 2008
amber018:

To update on my progress!

I was the one who accidental took the wrong meds,
Well since then I was admitted to the hospital, and spent 5 nights and 6 days there. I went in thinking they were going to pump my stomach and that was it,boy was i wrong. They put and Iv in and started pumping stuff through, because I was so dehydrated. Apparently the meds I took, turned out that they wrecked my kidneys. Not totally so that I have to use dialysis, but enough so that they weren't doing what they were supposed to be doing. I ended up with a catheter and the whole works while in the hospital. Now I'm at home recovering, and just taking it easy.
But if you hadn't told me to go to hospital i probably wouldn't have! So thank you!

You're welcome.
Thank Dr. Balogun and Seun for making this forum possible. I'm happy you listened, and even happier that you're doing better. At 19, you're too young for multiple organ failure. Take care.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by detruth: 4:42pm On Nov 13, 2008
Hello Doctor in the House;
Is there any negative implication (medically) in foods cooked with microwave oven and that which is cooked normally with external heat (i.e stove or electric/gas cooker)?
Recently, someone told me that those who cook with microwave oven are liable to cancerous diseases. How true is this?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by KarmaMod(f): 4:53pm On Nov 13, 2008
detruth:

Recently, someone told me that those who cook with microwave oven are liable to cancerous diseases. How true is this? =

Only thing "believed" to be cancerous is standing infront of a microwave while it's working.

Nothing to do with the food in it
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by detruth: 5:32pm On Nov 13, 2008
Thanks Kamod
Please did you what kind of food or fruits such that can be recommended for someone to detox?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by KarmaMod(f): 6:26pm On Nov 13, 2008
carrots
red grapefruit
lemon
lime
grapes
green apples
add basil if you can.

Eat or mix together and Drink this and dont eat anything til after 12pm
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by uteh: 9:15am On Nov 14, 2008
Uteh
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by teetee2(f): 1:30pm On Nov 14, 2008
What do you think we can do (I&friend), mine was mild before that hardly pple know I'm asthmatic but now it comes every two two weeks, this is unbearable, the drugs are not working as expected. My friend is waiting for the worst but my is limitation to every plan of my life. Somebody should please help what step can we take. It affects my spirit, soul and body. I will look beautiful this week, the other week people will be asking what has gone wrong with me. Friend has refused to take her drugs, for my own part, the drugs are not working at all. Inhaler is the worst, if i take it, it brings headache, pain, panting, nervousness, weakness, dehydrated. Is there any natural cure.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by detruth: 1:41am On Nov 15, 2008
Dear Doctor in the House,

Please how good and safe is using Amega Global products. What is the meaning of AMized fusion technology behind most of the products. Is it true that diamonds, gold and other jewelries have treatment ability. The most amazing one is the "Nano wand" such that you rotate upon water for certain number of time in order to energize the water before drinking. I have been skeptical about using the recommendation. Is that possible in medicine? Hope this has no other power behind it.

http://www.eamega.com/Web/index.asp
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 2:10am On Nov 15, 2008
uteh:

Dear Doctor,
Hi, I have recently got married and just like one of the posts I have fibroid that is quite big. Before I got married, I was taking some herbs which I noticed was reducing the fibroid as well as stoping the side effects - ginger, garlic and green tea etc. Now that am married and hoping to be pregnant, i have stopped drinking these things. I have done scan twice and the doctors said its subscerous meaning its outside the womb. One of the doctors told me that it will not prevent me from getting pregnant. She even introduced me to a lady who came with her baby for vacination, she said the woman has fibroid and that is her second baby so far. My worry is that like the lady on that post, the fibroid will start growing fast when I get pregnant, my question is there anything i can take to stop it from growing. You said when it degenerates, that it dies. If it dies will it grow back when the person gets pregant again. Sorry for my long story O, just seeking for advice and clarification. I am 37 years old. Thanks and God bless for allowing God to use you.

We're lucky to have Dr. Kathy--an OB/Gyn leading the discussion about women issues. I cannot give you a better advice about fibroids than she could. My advice- check out her thread on OB/Gyne. Good luck.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 2:16am On Nov 15, 2008
teetee2:

What do you think we can do (I&friend), mine was mild before that hardly people know I'm asthmatic but now it comes every two two weeks, this is unbearable, the drugs are not working as expected. My friend is waiting for the worst but my is limitation to every plan of my life. Somebody should please help what step can we take. It affects my spirit, soul and body. I will look beautiful this week, the other week people will be asking what has gone wrong with me. Friend has refused to take her drugs, for my own part, the drugs are not working at all. Inhaler is the worst, if i take it, it brings headache, pain, panting, nervousness, weakness, dehydrated. Is there any natural cure.

If you were really diagnosed with asthma, then it's important to approach the disease both from a preventive and therapeutic perspectives. Prevention includes identifying and removing all the things that seem to provoke an attack, or allergens as they're called. The next approach is to take medications to reduce the frequency and severity of these attacks. I would recommend seeing a doctor for a full work-up.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jesuseun1(m): 4:11am On Nov 15, 2008
my wife is about 7months preg, during sex,she always find the face to face position comfortable ,she doesnt find d rear position comfortable.pls doc ,I hope there is no side effect of the face to face position.hope to hear from u,thanks.which other position can u suggest 4 us apart from the face to face that will be safe 4 her.thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by detruth: 6:26am On Nov 15, 2008
Dear Doctor in the House,

Please how good and safe is using Amega Global products. What is the meaning of AMized fusion technology behind most of the products. Is it true that diamonds, gold and other jewelries have treatment ability. The most amazing one is the "Nano wand" such that you rotate upon water for certain number of time in order to energize the water before drinking. I have been skeptical about using the recommendation. Is that possible in medicine? Hope this has no other power behind it.

http://www.eamega.com/Web/index.asp
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by richkid4u(m): 1:11pm On Nov 18, 2008
thx u very much, we are happy to hear from u in the house.
we really need ur medical advice.

God bles u
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by DereI(f): 3:05pm On Nov 25, 2008
Please can you tell me more about this drug? It is used for ulcer patients. Its called "Megacid". Please advice.
My email is oritsedere@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.