Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (636492 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 6:56am On Jul 12, 2019
engrelvis:
dnt really understand what doctor is saying as per ving many diseases n yet is HIV u r worrying about. Is nt his field so I understand. Hypochondria is a serious psychological anxiety issue .it can create real physical fear n manifestation but most times dey r all in yr head.face yr fear n go for HIV test.am 100 percent sure it will b negative.After ruling out any medical condition next thing is to work on fear.dnt run from it,run into it.in most cases there is trigger. Avoid googling yr symptoms. It will only magnify it.

I guess you haven't read my final counsel to this. Have you?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:05am On Jul 12, 2019
JesusBorn:

Thanks for your kind response, have gone through my mention but I can't remember Sir, please put me through.

Aren't you that young man that sent me same complaint some weeks back on WhatsApp, we treated for Pseudomonas ( after Urine m/c/s) for which it exhibited resistance to?
Then, I thought it better for you to do Urinalysis which actually lead to knowing your blood sugar was actually high.

Am I dealing with some one different?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by engrelvis(m): 7:14am On Jul 12, 2019
2Ballz:

You are dealing with a self-imposed psyche malady that has no tolerance to mind stability. Almost all organic health conditions run with poor or no appetite as well as some psychogenic disturbance-anxiety being a part.
The anxiety that comes with hypochondriac is self-compulsive and impository modifiable. This means, whatever now you suffer of is a thing of your own measure and psyche. The embodiment of your worries is the loss of appetite which is certainly not a core definition of what you think you are or suspicious about. So, I should be interested to know other signs and symptoms that should make want to believe I have a certain problem. Once again, i may still find it troubling because I have believe so much that I have a condition. One usually with hyponchondriac is in halves to face the truth and what to do with the truth. I should be the first to check that If actually this condition is true of my suspicion, as usual the one having hypochondriac ain't having that which he thinks. Some often don't have problem going for check but habitual checking is the obsessive disease. Now, if I were you:

1) I will choose to be Active against all odds. I will choose to
give my attention to the best enterprise my hand finds to do. Read books, hangout with friends and take at a good time for leisure.

2) Cut down the many checks on me. Now, that I have decided to maintain a busy schedule, I would indulge in less checking of my self. When I must have started less checking of my self I would ensure to keep a standard health-to-stress balance that will not frustrate this indulging of mine. I would question myself, for example; " if I have AIDs why haven't I come down with something serious more than just a loss of appetite for this months/years that I have been suspecting it? " . I would ensure that I avoid checking also sites for which I feed my fears too. No more checking for online help, it would only enrich the fear in me.

3) I wouldl appreciate myself for the life I live now. I will encourage myself that life is either I live or I die, never both. However, if I do come with AIDs in line with my suspicion I shouldn't take it with all pinch of salt that i am done with life. Rather, I would rather think out prospect on how to make me live life and be happy, and not worry my ass off all day.

4) Feed your mental being with that which is positive. Stop talking about it.

5) Seek the help of Psychologist for further relevance and assistance.
my apology doctor.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by engrelvis(m): 7:15am On Jul 12, 2019
2Ballz:

You are dealing with a self-imposed psyche malady that has no tolerance to mind stability. Almost all organic health conditions run with poor or no appetite as well as some psychogenic disturbance-anxiety being a part.
The anxiety that comes with hypochondriac is self-compulsive and impository modifiable. This means, whatever now you suffer of is a thing of your own measure and psyche. The embodiment of your worries is the loss of appetite which is certainly not a core definition of what you think you are or suspicious about. So, I should be interested to know other signs and symptoms that should make want to believe I have a certain problem. Once again, i may still find it troubling because I have believe so much that I have a condition. One usually with hyponchondriac is in halves to face the truth and what to do with the truth. I should be the first to check that If actually this condition is true of my suspicion, as usual the one having hypochondriac ain't having that which he thinks. Some often don't have problem going for check but habitual checking is the obsessive disease. Now, if I were you:

1) I will choose to be Active against all odds. I will choose to
give my attention to the best enterprise my hand finds to do. Read books, hangout with friends and take at a good time for leisure.

2) Cut down the many checks on me. Now, that I have decided to maintain a busy schedule, I would indulge in less checking of my self. When I must have started less checking of my self I would ensure to keep a standard health-to-stress balance that will not frustrate this indulging of mine. I would question myself, for example; " if I have AIDs why haven't I come down with something serious more than just a loss of appetite for this months/years that I have been suspecting it? " . I would ensure that I avoid checking also sites for which I feed my fears too. No more checking for online help, it would only enrich the fear in me.

3) I wouldl appreciate myself for the life I live now. I will encourage myself that life is either I live or I die, never both. However, if I do come with AIDs in line with my suspicion I shouldn't take it with all pinch of salt that i am done with life. Rather, I would rather think out prospect on how to make me live life and be happy, and not worry my ass off all day.

4) Feed your mental being with that which is positive. Stop talking about it.

5) Seek the help of Psychologist for further relevance and assistance.
my apologies doctor.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Deriches: 8:26am On Jul 12, 2019
2Ballz:

I don't like this reply, while not answer my questions and see how it all ends.

Doc. I carried out urine test which indicates presence of protein+ and other components nil... What could it mean.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by JesusBorn: 10:58am On Jul 12, 2019
2Ballz:

Aren't you that young man that sent me same complaint some weeks back on WhatsApp, we treated for Pseudomonas ( after Urine m/c/s) for which it exhibited resistance to?
Then, I thought it better for you to do Urinalysis which actually lead to knowing your blood sugar was actually high.

Am I dealing with some one different?

Yes, someone different.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by peacengine(m): 3:02pm On Jul 12, 2019
Doc my gal usually experience stuffy nose at night, especially one nostril blocked, her eyes gets watery, she itches whenever anything like dirt touch her skin. This congestions occur mostly at nights and in the mornings, I asked her and she said sometimes dust also causes the same reactions, also she can't stay anywhere there's Cat because she still experiences the same thing. What I noticed is that the problem seems more this raining season and she likes sleeping under fan. How can she manage herself properly to avoid such reactions? I have been buying inhaler for her to use for her blocked nostrils and it works but once cold enters her body everything starts again.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by LizzyIkeukwu: 4:56pm On Jul 12, 2019
Good evening Doc, please help out, for about 3days now I have been having a feeling like there is a bone stuck in my throat with severe pain, yesterday I started coughing seriously, last night I started taking cough syrup (NGC Expectorant) but it's as if it got worse, now If I drink water or even cough I do have a severe pain in my throat please help me with any rememdy suitable for pregnat woman.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 6:16pm On Jul 12, 2019
engrelvis:
my apology doctor.
I follow baba... No qualms!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 6:16pm On Jul 12, 2019
Deriches:

Doc. I carried out urine test which indicates presence of protein+ and other components nil... What could it mean.
Was it recently done?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 6:21pm On Jul 12, 2019
JesusBorn:

Yes, someone different.
Though no associated symptoms except for frequency in the urge to pass urine in night, you may do the following and let me know:
1) Urine m/c/s and Load of bacteria in the urine (Urine bacteria load)

2) Urinalysis.

3) Fasting blood sugar test.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 6:25pm On Jul 12, 2019
peacengine:
Doc my gal usually experience stuffy nose at night, especially one nostril blocked, her eyes gets watery, she itches whenever anything like dirt touch her skin. This congestions occur mostly at nights and in the mornings, I asked her and she said sometimes dust also causes the same reactions, also she can't stay anywhere there's Cat because she still experiences the same thing. What I noticed is that the problem seems more this raining season and she likes sleeping under fan. How can she manage herself properly to avoid such reactions? I have been buying inhaler for her to use for her blocked nostrils and it works but once cold enters her body everything starts again.

I guess this is not the first time she is experiencing this.

She is having Rhinovirus common cold disturbance.
Is she Asthmatic?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 6:29pm On Jul 12, 2019
LizzyIkeukwu:
Good evening Doc, please help out, for about 3days now I have been having a feeling like there is a bone stuck in my throat with severe pain, yesterday I started coughing seriously, last night I started taking cough syrup (NGC Expectorant) but it's as if it got worse, now If I drink water or even cough I do have a severe pain in my throat please help me with any rememdy suitable for pregnat woman.

Why use an expectorant? Was it a doctor that said you should?
If no, what is the name of the expectorant?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by peacengine(m): 6:30pm On Jul 12, 2019
2Ballz:

I guess this is not the first time she is experiencing this.

She is having Rhinovirus common cold disturbance.
Is she Asthmatic?

Thanks Doc. She's not asthmatic sir(according to her) but if it's rhinovirus what can she do? I've not known her for up to a year, I'm sure it's not a recent problem too but she hasn't managed it well so far from my observation
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by LizzyIkeukwu: 6:36pm On Jul 12, 2019
2Ballz:

Why use an expectorant? Was it a doctor that said you should?
If no, what is the name of the expectorant?
it's NGC EXPECTORANT, my hubby asked the pharmamcist for cough syrup for a pregnant woman and the pharmacyst gave him the NGC
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by macromyk: 6:55pm On Jul 12, 2019
2Ballz:

Sir, I am not a magician and it will require some effect on my side to know the cause to the pain. Knowing also may be difficult for the fact that I am not doing a physical examination on him.

How severe is the pain?
Which part of the abdomen is he having the pain?
When do this pain seems to come low and high?
Does the pain come during and after eating?
Does the pain come before eating?
Is he having chest tightness?
Feeling of not breathing well?
The site of the operation, has it healed properly?
Any place of the abdomen or the body generally swollen?
Any thing to say about his urine:
Volume?
Color?
Odor?

Vomiting?
Nausea?
Diarrhea?
Hearing Tommy sounds?

What has so far use to manage this pain?

he said it was the upper part of his stomach that was having pains
pain mostly at night
very rarely in d day
breathing very fine, no complaints about d chest
operation site is in perfect healing condition, can't say internally
no swelling in the stomach
his urine,colour, volume all normal as before

a nurse advised he deworm himself
he did so yesterday afternoon
and so far he has not felt any pain since taking the pills

so we are observing him for now
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:02pm On Jul 12, 2019
peacengine:

Thanks Doc. She's not asthmatic sir(according to her) but if it's rhinovirus what can she do? I've not known her for up to a year, I'm sure it's not a recent problem too but she hasn't managed it well so far from my observation

Actually, It is not a matter of not managing it well or not. The virus is in the hair and the mares and could provoke symptoms for susceptible persons. The virus exhibit a mild virulence and not one that poses threat to anyone. Spread is easy and usually by breath droplet. You need to educate her on coughing on her sleeves or cubital angle as to get yourself free from her drift.

She may need to do this to fasten relief from this Common cold:

1) Exposure to a steamy environment. Prepare a boiled water in a water bath. You have to wrap over her clothes and bed blanket while she sits around the water bath containing the boiled water. This is making closure on her such that she is expose to high temperature vapors that will decongest nose and reduces the viral activity. This should not last more than 30-45mins. Morning and evening is enough for this.

2) Before going to bed she should take some warm Coffee tea. Or, she should take as a meal a peppersoup of Chicken made or a dried fish.

3) She should make use of some simple antibiotics as to prevent complications leading to sinusitis and otitis media.

4) Avoid coming in contact with crowding.

5) Since she has used decongestant for the while, i would advise she dropped down slowly to avoid rebound from stopping it.

6) Use of pain reliever is advisable to reduce the fever if it is not proving better.

7) Keep the home dust-free as much as you can.

I assure you she will be fine sooner than you expect. Do things 1-2 times, she will improve soon.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:05pm On Jul 12, 2019
macromyk:

he said it was the upper part of his stomach that was having pains pain mostly at night very rarely in d day breathing very fine, no complaints about d chest operation site is in perfect healing condition, can't say internally no swelling in the stomach his urine,colour, volume all normal as before
a nurse advised he deworm himself he did so yesterday afternoon and so far he has not felt any pain since taking the pills
so we are observing him for now
Okay. Let me join you guys in observing. Right?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by macromyk: 7:07pm On Jul 12, 2019
2Ballz:

Okay. Let me join you guys in observing. Right?
lol
I am greatful for your help and contribution
but
if there is anything you feel might be the solution , I would be very happy to hear from you so we can do as you have suggested
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by peacengine(m): 7:09pm On Jul 12, 2019
2Ballz:

Actually, It is not a matter of not managing it well or not. The virus is in the hair and the mares and could provoke symptoms for susceptible persons. The virus exhibit a mild virulence and not one that poses threat to anyone. Spread is easy and usually by breath droplet. You need to educate her on coughing on her sleeves or cubital angle as to get yourself free from her drift.

She may need to do this to fasten relief from this Common cold:

1) Exposure to a steamy environment. Prepare a boiled water in a water bath. You have to wrap over her clothes and bed blanket while she sits around the water bath containing the boiled water. This is making closure on her such that she is expose to high temperature vapors that will decongest nose and reduces the viral activity. This should not last more than 30-45mins. Morning and evening is enough for this.

2) Before going to bed she should take some warm Coffee tea. Or, she should take as a meal a peppersoup of Chicken made or a dried fish.

3) She should make use of some simple antibiotics as to prevent complications leading to sinusitis and otitis media.

4) Avoid coming in contact with crowding.

5) Since she has used decongestant for the while, i would advise she dropped down slowly to avoid rebound from stopping it.

6) Use of pain reliever is advisable to reduce the fever if it is not proving better.

7) Keep the home dust-free as much as you can.

I assure you she will be fine sooner than you expect. Do things 1-2 times, she will improve soon.

Much appreciated sir, thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 8:26pm On Jul 12, 2019
LizzyIkeukwu:

You started having this complaint after eating, and a bone seemed to have stuck at your throat?

Which side of the throat
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 8:28pm On Jul 12, 2019
macromyk:

lol
I am greatful for your help and contribution
but
if there is anything you feel might be the solution , I would be very happy to hear from you so we can do as you have suggested

Not necessary. Too many cook spoil the broth.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by slingerf: 9:02pm On Jul 12, 2019
Good evening all, pls is it possible to have my residency outside Nigeria and come back to practice here in Nigeria without starting over the residency. If possible, pls highlight the countries that offer this.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by LizzyIkeukwu: 9:26pm On Jul 12, 2019
2Ballz:

You started having this complaint after eating, and a bone seemed to have stuck at your throat?

Which side of the throat
it wasn't even after eating cos I could remember before the pains I didn't eat anything with bone. And the pain did change position, the first day I noticed it, it was at the right side of my throat and the following day I felt it at the left side, right now the pain I feel while coughing is very severe,
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:55am On Jul 13, 2019
LizzyIkeukwu:

it wasn't even after eating cos I could remember before the pains I didn't eat anything with bone. And the pain did change position, the first day I noticed it, it was at the right side of my throat and the following day I felt it at the left side, right now the pain I feel while coughing is very severe,
Lizzy! Lizzy!!

Try and explain better next time. All this time I have thought it was a bone stuck about your throat after a meal.
This is a throat pain lasting about 4days now, right?
Don't over work yourself about this, throat pain and common cold are preponderance among pregnant women (especially at the 1st-2nd trimester) and susceptible ones especially during this rainy season.

I can assure you, it will self-limit on it own provided all things being equal. However, a long stayed throat pained can predisposed you to several health complications such as sinusitis, or even pneumonia or some form of heart problems. If I were you I would on my own try to do the following to avoid these problems :

1) spit out all the sputum form this instead of swallowing. You can't spit them all out, that's like wanting to get your mouth dried. I meant, don't swallow in those excess saliva you will have to experience during this throat paining condition.

2) Both in the early morning and going down to dusk, take your tooth brush and a warm water. Roll over your soft palate with your tongue, you will observe some fleshly inflammatory substance over it. Toothbrush over those area, you may want to vomit cause you will be sweeping over your vomiting trigger zone. This area is deep and you may want to this severally and rinse with the warm water.

3) Avoid talking too loud.

4) Eat warm food and before going to bed, take warm tea.

5) Use Metronidazole for 3-4days. Morning and evening time.

You will be fine.

Should symptoms last above 1wk, kindly seek help from your physical doctor.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 8:15am On Jul 13, 2019
To those it concerns,

Kindly repost where we stopped if at all I haven't finished with you at all. I am a human and I may not have known whom I have passed or not.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by LizzyIkeukwu: 8:39am On Jul 13, 2019
2Ballz:

Lizzy! Lizzy!!

Try and explain better next time. All this time I have thought it was a bone stuck about your throat after a meal.
This is a throat pain lasting about 4days now, right?
Don't over work yourself about this, throat pain and common cold are preponderance among pregnant women (especially at the 1st-2nd trimester) and susceptible ones especially during this rainy season.

I can assure you, it will self-limit on it own provided all things being equal. However, a long stayed throat pained can predisposed you to several health complications such as sinusitis, or even pneumonia or some form of heart problems. If I were you I would on my own try to do the following to avoid these problems :

1) spit out all the sputum form this instead of swallowing. You can't spit them all out, that's like wanting to get your mouth dried. I meant, don't swallow in those excess saliva you will have to experience during this throat paining condition.

2) Both in the early morning and going down to dusk, take your tooth brush and a warm water. Roll over your soft palate with your tongue, you will observe some fleshly inflammatory substance over it. Toothbrush over those area, you may want to vomit cause you will be sweeping over your vomiting trigger zone. This area is deep and you may want to this severally and rinse with the warm water.

3) Avoid talking too loud.

4) Eat warm food and before going to bed, take warm tea.

5) Use Metronidazole for 3-4days. Morning and evening time.

You will be fine.

Should symptoms last above 1wk, kindly seek help from your physical doctor.
thank you sire, I am very greatful.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by omoleyeib(m): 10:03am On Jul 13, 2019
2Ballz:

It means they will be fine soon after the delivery of the baby provided all things remains equal.
sir am very grateful for your advice and courage you gave me concerning my wife situation. I thank God she delivered baby boy yesterday. Thanks God will increase your wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by macromyk: 1:58pm On Jul 13, 2019
2Ballz:

Not necessary. Too many cook spoil the broth.
Good afternoon doc how are you today hope all is great
doc the pain started early this morning, right now , we all are confused
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by green030: 3:09pm On Jul 13, 2019
pls who have an idea of how much to replace a broken tooth
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Julbu(m): 10:20am On Jul 14, 2019
2Ballz:

How can I be of help to you?

as revealed by different laboratory results. .hormonal assays and d likes
How do you know your having an irregular cycle is caused from a low serum progesterone and estrogen?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 11:39am On Jul 14, 2019
Julbu, please can you put your question in an understand form?

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.