Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (636768 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by biggaboy: 7:38am On Sep 04, 2009
Balogun:

biggaboy, your antacids are gaviscon, maalox list is endless. The PPI are usually the omeprazole, esomeprazole, lansoprazole. List is endless. Most docrtors where you live should be able to prescribe

Dr. Balo n naijaking1 am proud of you guys, you are doing a wonderful job. May Almighty God continue to increase your knowledge and guide your family. Please , i will like to ask, for how long should i continue to take anti-acid or ppi? last night i took anti-acid , it helped a great deal. thank you so much.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Aladunni(f): 10:29am On Sep 04, 2009
@ naijaking, thanks so much 4 dis prompt response. My shortcomings on d details of all d results was jst d fact dat i cant seem to understand d jargons used and we dint ave access to his file. Anyways i ll do my best to get dem n scanned to u 4 beta info
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by OYINKANSOW: 1:50pm On Sep 04, 2009
Please what makes one to fart ALL the time (no beans) and what is the solution?Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 6:05pm On Sep 04, 2009
@Moderator
I don't see my reply to Aladunni. Please post it for the sake of the public. Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 6:10pm On Sep 04, 2009
biggaboy:

Dr. Balo n naijaking1 am proud of you guys, you are doing a wonderful job. May Almighty God continue to increase your knowledge and guide your family. Please , i will like to ask, for how long should i continue to take anti-acid or ppi? last night i took anti-acid , it helped a great deal. thank you so much.

You're welcome.
You shouldn't take anti-acids all the time and forever, there's a reason why 'God created the stomach' to have to strong acid in it. It's better to take it as needed.
With time you'll learn which foods cause you acid indigestion and those that don't, then you can change your eating habits accordingly.
Chocolates, alcohol, fatty food-----will cause indigestion
Fresh vegetables, protein meals, fruits---- will not cause acid reflux.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by nellaluv(f): 7:29pm On Sep 04, 2009
Hello doctors in d house.Pls i want 2 know d cure for eczema and ringworm.I'm in Nigeria,i need what i can find here.THANKS.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Aladunni(f): 9:05pm On Sep 04, 2009
naijaking1:

@Moderator
I don't see my reply to Aladunni. Please post it for the sake of the public. Thanks.

interesting! but i saw the reply on my mobile. i wish admin can work on that.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Kevostica(m): 9:43am On Sep 05, 2009
@ Naijaking1
pls am still waiting for a reply on my last post
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Aladunni(f): 11:32am On Sep 05, 2009
@ naijaking1
He has been having feverish conditions since early dis morning wit heavy breathing. Yet he just concluded malaria treatment today.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 2:14pm On Sep 05, 2009
I know I am a bit of a luddite, but when we had no moderator we managed to get rid of the charlatans that tried to hijack this thread. Now we have a moderator, our advice seems to have been hijacked. Even as an experienced doctor I enjoy reading advice given by naijaking
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 2:51pm On Sep 05, 2009
Balogun:

I know I am a bit of a luddite, but when we had no moderator we managed to get rid of the charlatans that tried to hijack this thread. Now we have a moderator, our advice seems to have been hijacked. Even as an experienced doctor I enjoy reading advice given by naijaking

You're so kind.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 2:56pm On Sep 05, 2009
Kevostica:

@ Naijaking1
pls am still waiting for a reply on my last post
My reply was deleted a few days ago. It was quite a long response too. Plsease contact the moderator.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Kevostica(m): 8:56am On Sep 07, 2009
naijaking1:

You're so kind.

Pls moderator release my reply from naijaking1. Am seriously in need of it. It could be sent to: chukwudubem113@yahoo.com

@Naijaking1
My Dr gave me ciprofloxacin to be taken for 2wks and then repeat the test after one wk interval.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 2:09pm On Sep 07, 2009
Aladunni:

@ naijaking1
He has been having feverish conditions since early dis morning wit heavy breathing. Yet he just concluded malaria treatment today.

I hope this reply is not deleted by the moderator.

If he's still having fever, it means he did not have malaria in the first place. I know in Nigeria all febrile conditions are malaria/typhoid until proven otherwise.

You need to request for blood culture, chest x-ray, urine culture, complete blood count, and chemistry profile. If he's already on antibiotics and continues to have fever, then it means you have to stop the antibiotics before taking the cultures.
Be sure they do sensitivity testing so that you can accurately pick the correct antibiotic this time.

Meanwhile you can give him tylenol or ibuprofen(with food) to relieve the fever as needed.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by shezy(f): 4:21pm On Sep 07, 2009
pls what is the problem when sperm doesn't stay?i mean when your manhood is still inside the woman but the sperm will pure out insted of stay
kindly help with this is urgent
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by shezy(f): 4:24pm On Sep 07, 2009
pls what is the problem when sperm doesn't stay?i mean when your manhood is still inside the woman but the sperm will pure out insted of stay
kindly help with this is urgent
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Adebolanle(f): 3:58pm On Sep 09, 2009
.Thanks be to God for bringing you here doctor. You will continue to grow in wisdom and strenght. Please l need your advise. l was pregnant early this year, at about four months, l discovered there wasn't any changes in my body, so l went for scan where it was discovered l had a blighted ovum, an evacuation was suggested which l later went for, l decided to go on 3 months family planning injection, which got my MC seized since then, though l had made up my mind not to get pregnant again. But since last month my husband has been quarreling with me that he hasn't seen me on MC since months ago, though he wasnt aware and he is still expecting pregnancy. The injection period lasted till August, and lm yet to see my MC, please doctor what can l use to bring the Mc back, and probably get pregnant on time. lm 36 yrs with average body. Tnks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 4:22pm On Sep 09, 2009
@Adebonlale
Post your question on the Ob/Gyn section, Dr. Kathy will do justice to it.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dewoy: 4:27pm On Sep 09, 2009
My Cretinine Level Clearance Is 60 On A scale Of [70-130] What Does This Mean?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Aladunni(f): 7:44pm On Sep 09, 2009
naijaking1:

I hope this reply is not deleted by the moderator.

If he's still having fever, it means he did not have malaria in the first place. I know in Nigeria all febrile conditions are malaria/typhoid until proven otherwise.

You need to request for blood culture, chest x-ray, urine culture, complete blood count, and chemistry profile. If he's already on antibiotics and continues to have fever, then it means you have to stop the antibiotics before taking the cultures.
Be sure they do sensitivity testing so that you can accurately pick the correct antibiotic this time.

Meanwhile you can give him tylenol or ibuprofen(with food) to relieve the fever as needed.

THANKS for this reply doc, we actually stopped all antibiotics according to a doctor's advice, it was while he was treating malaria that he had the "rigours" in his words. But more than anything he is very much better now and we hope to continue further treatments when the issue of body weakness is over which is quite fast and dramatic. I will definitely update you on further developments. God bless your work too
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 4:02am On Sep 10, 2009
Aladunni:

THANKS for this reply doc, we actually stopped all antibiotics according to a doctor's advice, it was while he was treating malaria that he had the "rigours" in his words. But more than anything he is very much better now and we hope to continue further treatments when the issue of body weakness is over which is quite fast and dramatic. I will definitely update you on further developments. God bless your work too

Thank you.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by villareal: 1:49pm On Sep 10, 2009
Pls DOC i need help i am a diabeties patient and i am just 23 of age.,been taking drugs 4 about a yr now.right now i am feeling a scrash internerly,but i can not really spot where the scrash is coming 4rm.i feel like deeping my hand inside me and scrash everywhere. Although there is an inprovement in my weight.but i also have eye problem which i think is the cause of the DB.pls help me i am too young, look nobody has it in my farmily.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by villareal: 1:51pm On Sep 10, 2009
Pls DOC i need help i am a diabeties patient and i am just 23 of age.,been taking drugs 4 about a yr now.right now i am feeling a scrash internerly,but i can not really spot where the scrash is coming 4rm.i feel like deeping my hand inside me and scrash everywhere. Although there is an inprovement in my weight.but i also have eye problem which i think is the cause of the DB.pls help me i am too young, look nobody has it in my farmily.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 3:08pm On Sep 10, 2009
villareal:

I tell my patients here in the US, that in this day and age, nobody should die from diabetes, if properply monitored and controlled. I hope we can say the same thing for people like you in Nigeria. I have seen people with juvenile diabetes grow up to be as old as people without diabetes.

Infact, the newest US supreme court Judge Sotomayor has been diabetic since she was 2 years old, and she's not about to give up at all. I say this because, people like you need to be encouraged and reassured. The key to maintaining a good health is controlling, monitoring, and regulating your blood sugar at all times. A little discipline would also help, because I know young diabetes like you somethings "rebel" against their own treatment. That is where having good family and social support helps.

The itchy ans scratchy feelings you describe may be a conditions known as acanthosis nigricans---that is a darkening of the skin, especially the skin fold of fat and diabetic patients. Microscopically, this a part of the skin with reduced blood supply due to the excess fat, and subsequent colonization by fungi organisms.
If you identift these blackend spots on your body, a temporary relief might be achieved with local antifungals, but the long term cure is to loose weight and keep your sugar under control. If your sugar is controlled your eyes might improve a little, you will reduce chances of ulcers on your legs, etc.

So, if you don't already have it, get hold of finger stick kits to check your sugar at least 1-2 times a day, keep up with your regular doctor's visit, and eat proper diet, take your medications, and nobody would even know that you'r diabetic.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by villareal: 4:14pm On Sep 10, 2009
Thanks 4 the respond u gave me.i want u to knw dat most time i feel the itching is when i eat anything or take in water.about the darkenig of the skin,i think there are changes like dark spot and some rashes too.i am not fat because i dont eat well and i mostly conplain of that.and u kwn because of this itch i allways afraid to eat anything.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by villareal: 4:19pm On Sep 10, 2009
Helo DOC, Thanks 4 the respond u gave me.i want u to knw dat most time i feel the itching is when i eat anything or take in water.about the darkenig of the skin,i think there are changes like dark spot and some rashes too.i am not fat because i dont eat well and i mostly conplain of that.and u kwn because of this itch i allways afraid to eat anything.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 5:38pm On Sep 10, 2009
villareal:

Helo DOC, Thanks 4 the respond u gave me.i want u to knw dat most time i feel the itching is when i eat anything or take in water.about the darkenig of the skin,i think there are changes like dark spot and some rashes too.i am not fat because i dont eat well and i mostly conplain of that.and u kwn because of this itch i allways afraid to eat anything.

If you're not fat, but there're some dark spots that itch, then you simply have to apply some antifungal on the area 2x a day, for about 60. If the itching is intenified by eating certain food, you maybe allergic to those foods, try avoiding them if you can. Try going to show this spots to your doctor and see what he says.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by nnemak(m): 7:35am On Sep 11, 2009
Doc,
I need your assistance or advice. Let me start from the beginning. I have been unable to perceive (smell) things for years now. I have visited about 3 doctors and no remedy.

But what’s actually bothering me now is that I have catarrh and one most time one of my nose is blocked. This has been going on for about 4 months now. I tried treating it myself and when it didn’t go I visited a different Doc and he prescribe some,
- Nasal drops
- Guronsan
- And an antibiotics I can’t remember.

Its over a month after taking this medications yet I sneeze at intervals, a nose is still blocked, I can't still smell and people complain that they can hear my breathing.

What can I do?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dewoy: 9:21am On Sep 11, 2009
@ naijaking, other doctors, pls help , My Cretinine Level Clearance Is 60 On A scale Of [70-130] What Does This Mean?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by adetunrayo(f): 10:03am On Sep 11, 2009
@Naijaking1

Thanks Doctor.My mum is 58yrs,d pain is not not only in d morning but most times.She has gone back 2 d hopsital and she was told to do another test.The result shows that her blood sugar is high and she was advice to work on her sugar intake.

My main concern now is how she will be able 2 control the sugar,taken into consideration that most nigerian food contains sugar.

Kindly advice on what and what she should eat and drink taken nigerian foods into consideration.

I also told her to start dieting because she is fat.I dont know if am right there.

Thanks as u help us .
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by naijaking1: 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2009
dewoy:

@ naijaking, other doctors, pls help , My Cretinine Level Clearance Is 60 On A scale Of [70-130] What Does This Mean?

A creatinine clearance level of 60 on a scale of 70-130, means that your glomerular filtration rate, ie the rate at which your kidney filters out toxic substances is low.
This creatinine clearance level is calculated from blood and 24-hour urine specimens, and could be affected by many possible errors along the way.
It also depends on your age, the older you're the lower your level. It also depends on many other disease states. My recommendation is go back to your doctor and go over everything again, so that you can be sure the results are correct.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by denny4ril: 1:55pm On Sep 12, 2009
wink @ adetunrayo: seems ur mum is diabetic, hmmm?

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.