Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ (4795 Views)

Ghanaian Female Nurses Lament: Men Are Not Bold, They Are Scared To Approach Us / 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage / 5 Types Of Ladies Some Guys Are Scared To Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:57am On Nov 15, 2016
First off, this article is in no way to malign the Calabar women in Nigeria, as they are beautiful and hardworking women.

As quoted by Naija Loaded, Calabar women do have a reputation among Nigerians which make many men scared to either marry them or even get in a relationship with them.

Below are some of the reasons we have hear over time:

1. Height

While this is not a general thing, Calabar women and even their men tend to be short. The height disadvantage is one reason most men might be scared to go into relationships with them, especially if such a man prefers a woman who has considerable height.

2. Cooking

Now this is strange, but another things that makes most men and even women scared of Calabar women is their cooking ability.

The belief is that most Calabar women are so good in the kitchen that they could use their cooking to control any man they want. Which seems to be a like an unfounded fear.

3. Names

Another funny thing most people worry about is the language, which to the ear of outsiders sounds like Mandarin. Most men want their baby names to be sound relatively pronounceable.

Calabar names are beautiful, but can be really difficult to pronounce if you do not speak the language fluently or you have not taken proper time to master the sounds and tonal differences.

4. Dog meat

Although, this could have been under cooking, yet it seems to deserve a special number of its own. Dog meat also popularly known as 404 is one delicacy that causes problems.

Most men who are not Calabar view dogs as man’s best friend and they usually find it difficult to engage in eating of dogs. But Calabar women love to make 404.

This matter of food is taken quite seriously as many even refer to Calabar people in derogatory names because of dog-eating.

5. S*xual prowess

Many men who have doubts about their sexual prowess, are usually scared of Calabar girls, this is because of the popular belief that Calabar girls love s*x.

Calabar men too are no left out. meaning that when a Calabar man marries a Calabar woman then a lot of their time will be spent in the bedroom.

6. Bodily strength

It goes without saying that their love for sex comes from a good amount of bodily strength. One young man who dated a Calabar girl had this to say:

“I once tried arguing with my ex and the experience left me scarred, literally! Now, because of said scar I can’t wear short-sleeved shirts. At a pool party – I’m that guy wearing a long sleeve.”

So what are your reasons for liking Calabar girls?

http://brainnewsng.com/nigerian-men-scared-calabar-women/

cc: Seun, Lalasticlala

Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 15, 2016
They can kill you in Bed.. Their Bedmatics skills are Legendary

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by BrainnewsNg(f): 9:00am On Nov 15, 2016
Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by BrainnewsNg(f): 9:02am On Nov 15, 2016
TEVLI:

Really? grin
Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 15, 2016
BrainnewsNg:

Really? grin
seriously... After 3 rounds they will still tell you " i am _horny , baby".
Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by Oblitz(m): 9:12am On Nov 15, 2016
Sorry for d gods!
Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by TheRealestGuy(m): 9:35am On Nov 15, 2016
I am a living witness to no 5.

I swear, it's not just talk it's for real. Calabar girls are too bad in bed...

lipsrsealed
Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 15, 2016
TEVLI:
TheRealestGuy:

lipsrsealed
Na fufu and dog meat cause am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 15, 2016
Most of these observations re partially true, but the most is that they hv the tendency to cheat or become unfaithful in marriage, just like some of our *mo girls;

1 Like

Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:57am On Nov 15, 2016
Oblitz:
Sorry for d gods!
Says who?
Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:58am On Nov 15, 2016
TheRealestGuy:

lipsrsealed
Tell me something
Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:58am On Nov 15, 2016
Love Machine:
Na fufu and dog meat cause am.
How did you know?
Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:59am On Nov 15, 2016
zeribe4real:
Most of these observations re partially true, but the most is that they hv the tendency to cheat or become unfaithful in marriage, just like some of our *mo girls;

Prove it
Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 15, 2016
BrainnewsNg:

How did you know?
Fufu contains carbohydrate that gives strength.While dog meat is to fight till an opponent get tired.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by Laveda(f): 11:12am On Nov 15, 2016
angry
Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by curiousmind11: 11:19am On Nov 15, 2016
Blind stereotypes.

All these exist in every tribe in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 15, 2016

Dumb stereotypes! gringrin
Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:35am On Nov 15, 2016
Love Machine:
Fufu contains carbohydrate that gives strength.While dog meat is to fight till an opponent get tired.

See you
Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:36am On Nov 15, 2016
Estharfabian:

Dumb stereotypes! gringrin
Hmmmmmm
Go back to your research
Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:37am On Nov 15, 2016
curiousmind11:
Blind stereotypes.
All these exist in every tribe in Nigeria.
Use lens to read it once again
Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by Nonsreal(m): 11:42am On Nov 15, 2016
TEVLI:
hmmm!! Are u for sure, let me start arranging my cloth i need 2 relocate to calabar
Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:46am On Nov 15, 2016
Nonsreal:
hmmm!! Are u for sure, let me start arranging my cloth i need 2 relocate to calabar

Stop there

Where is your green card?
Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 15, 2016
Efiks are tall... it's the ibibios than are more stoutly built

Efiks have some of the tallest women in South Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by BrainnewsNg(f): 12:09pm On Nov 15, 2016
Axon:

Really?

Confess me some story
Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by curiousmind11: 1:22pm On Nov 15, 2016
Axon:

Don't mind the OP, she just choose to be mischievous.
She can't differentiate between the tribes. Is like she has some bones to pick with Calabar girl. E be like Calabar babes snatched her boo.

All these kids who have not gone out of their zones before.
Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by Oblitz(m): 6:08pm On Nov 15, 2016
BrainnewsNg:

Says who?

Calabar girls can't do no shit!
Besides I prefer my yellowbar side chick grin
Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by Bossontop(m): 8:54pm On Nov 15, 2016
grin
Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 18, 2016
BrainnewsNg:

Prove it
Speculative, but when I was in Yenegoa ,Bayelsa State, I found out that most Calabar girls in the town re into prostitution, especially around where there z location of Oil multinationals, like the Saipem, LNG, Agip, Daewoo, and I personally witnessed some break up involving Calabar girls in the area that I lived then, even most restaurants that we use to eat then, most of them flirts with their customers.
Note that I am not trying to slight or berate them, as this is speculative, it does not hold true to every Calabar girl, as they are still many of them that re Good, But to tell u d truth, they are kind, friendly and good people, the only issue with mostly their women z that they appear promiscuous.
Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by ibroh22(m): 12:10am On Nov 19, 2016
ok
Re: Reasons Nigerian Men Are Scared Of ‘calabar Women’ by Burgerlomo: 12:32am On Nov 19, 2016
I can only date them only if the person knows how to do CPR, so that she can resuscitate me in case if I passed out grin

(1) (Reply)

After God Fear Women.pics / Love Does Not Exist Only Selfish Interests! / Caught My Wife And Her Mum In Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.