Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,128 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu (55711 Views)

I Was Very Sentimental When I Supported Buhari Against Jonathan – Dele Momodu / Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention / Ali Modu Sheriff Walks Out Of Goodluck Jonathan's Reconciliation Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 20, 2016
MeAboki:

Then you must have a very short memory, no need to remind of the numerous scandals under GEJ; because you are apparently irredeemably brainwashed.

be objective man, I have loads under PMB's nose, give me one under GEJ.
by the way, am an Nigerian from the Northern part of this country.
Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by laprince(m): 9:33am On Nov 20, 2016
NaijaMutant:
GEJ is not seeking reelection, pls don't use him as a bait in your fight with the daura cabals.

Just take heart, The daura cabals outsmarted the Lagos Ibadan expressway political mercenaries despite their sophisticated education.

If you want to wail, Pls buy a form and register officially grin

Gawd!!! Your diction and structure is awesome.
I never see finishing like this in a long time.

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by Proffdada: 9:33am On Nov 20, 2016
9jalyte:

Really? So in your mind you have "common sense". Chai, the butterfly thinks himself he is a bird. Just take a look at comments above and conclude for yourself where you belong - the inconsequential few. Keep nursing your wounded heart and ego, I can imagine what you will be feeling when you look yourself in the mirror and see the face of someone whose vote put Nigeria in a mess.
the simple truth of common sense is, if jonadunce was good, Buhari won't stand a chance of winning

2 Likes

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by sweetgala(m): 9:35am On Nov 20, 2016
zheroes:
If only PMB and his crew would listen then they can still save the situation. My problem with GEJ was his handling of bokoharam and looting. The problem PMB has is basically the ECONOMY!!! When you are hungry , you are angry!! If they can just take the economy back to where it was this whole tide will chjange.

As long as oil remain the mainstay, then its people( niger deltans) must be respected. Whatever PMB has to do to put a stop to the bombing of pipelines needs to be done. If it means taking out the army completely while the airforce and navy would be their stricly for surveillamnce to prevent stealing via vessels, I think that will send a strong signal. I can't imagine why he would gamble with his only and major source of income. Intead they are looking for oil in the north and spending billions in the process. I will feel terrible if PMB fails, because already he is, that doesn't make me a wailer!!!!! First it was aisha , now dele momodu, this should tell PMB that he is getting it totally wrong

Be serious which father in his right sense would say for the purpose of quelling his children's tantrum he'll just withdraw himself rather than apply discipline.

The Niger deltan are undisciplined unpatriotic and lazy, they have been enjoying the largesse of NDDC , ministry of Niger delta and the monetary compensations from the IOCs and they have nothing to show for it but their strongmen getting ridiculously wealthy while the rest wallow in poverty and live in a decrepit environment and they never ask their leaders the right question.

Their house is in shambles and they want FG to fix it by giving everyone free money and keeping out of it !

Have we all forgotten how Niger delta has made Nigeria the kidnap capital of the world just in the last decade, if the army withdraw it would return to that illegal hunkering , oil theft and kidnapping as that is the natural gravitation of the youthful hoodlums in that part of the country.

Lets withdraw the army just because and see what happens , buhari is yet to unveil an economic master plan but the idea that Jonathan was decent or even mildly appropriate for this nation is an insult to the intelligence of normal reasoning humans.

Any one who supports the manner in which the Mend, avenger etc operate and pollute their people's land and waterways is beneath an animal

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by bizza45: 9:36am On Nov 20, 2016
another different candidate as a president yes, but He no way..... he is d cause of d mess we are in right now..... I don't really know y Nigeria's enjoy looting so badly

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by MeAboki(m): 9:52am On Nov 20, 2016
expee06:

be objective man, I have loads under PMB's nose, give me one under GEJ.
by the way, am an Nigerian from the Northern part of this country.

Pension funds, N2b cash found in someones ceiling, Immigration job interview, Stella Oduah, Missing NNPC N20b/N11b/N8b etc.

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by sweetgala(m): 9:58am On Nov 20, 2016
yetseyi:

Finally, someone who shares my opinion, Nigeria's problem is systemic and Nigerians are very impatient people. Cleansing this country and bringing it back to the Nigeria of old will take years, I know that it didnt't matter who won the 2015 elections , the recession was bound to happen it was only a matter of time ,in fact some people had been preparing and making plans for this time years back.

Sometimes when I see people jumping up and down saying if Jonathan won we won't be in this situation I just shake my head simply because it would have happened irrespective of who the president ,CBN governor , finance minister is. Sometimes its calls for emiefele and adeosun to resign and people don't understand that sacking them won't solve this country's problem.

I am not surprised anyway because party affiliation, ethnicity and religion influences Nigerians a lot and we can't seem to talk logically without these sentiments.

The Nigerian system itself needs a overhaul and one major thing that will help Nigeria is if corruption can be eradicated, if that can be settled it will be good to our nation.

The recession was bound to happen irrespective of who was elected.

BTW I am not APC/PDP.

I've just returned from Nigeria not long ago and what I've determined is thus, while the opportunities for corruption are being effectively reduced and the consequences when caught increasing; the desire among many of the people to corruptfully enrich themselves has not gone, it's just the opportunities that have not presented themselves.

There needs to be a change of attitude among Nigerians , it's this lack of discipline that allows people to witness the true efforts of this current government and make silly complaints that does not allow them to reason and see the real nexus of this recession.

Buhari is not moving at the speed I expected of him but he sure is going on the right direction , I read today that the rice projects initiated by CBN in some states is coming good and rice has dropped to 13k for a 50kg bag

Soon with dangote taking point we would start import sunstitution of tomato paste and refined petroleum products. Thanks to the forward thinking of the likes of dangote Nigeria did not suffer the 1970s scenario of imported cement and demurrage

We need to lift our heads up and think differently

2 Likes

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by awoluyi(m): 10:02am On Nov 20, 2016
Becauce Nigeria is "blessed" with pig-ignorant masses that lack knowledge of what is good for their well-being, the politicians have turned them to slaves. On each of my sober periods, I have asked myself what are the expectations of Nigerian youths from the political class? They appear visionless and therefore worse than a blind person. If it is true that Nigeria lacks all things that will pass as a developed nation, then the call for GEJ's come back is misplaced. Nigeria was ruled and ruined by PDP for 16 years and GEJ was part of the calamity that befell our dear country. I have my duobt if APC will make the best use of the opportunity secured at 2015 elections. Until Nigerian youths have a correct vision of the type of nation they desire and work toward it, they will continue to be deceived by the current crop of self-serving politicians. If it is true that what you see, is what you get; I strongly advise our youths should "see beyond what they are seeing now".

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by habsydiamond(m): 10:04am On Nov 20, 2016
Second coming ko last wenting ni

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by degamemaster(m): 10:16am On Nov 20, 2016
NaijaMutant:
Dele Momodu is another sore loser of the Tinubu APC faction who has been sidelined by the daura cabal in aso rock.

They are unofficially wailing through different means and channels but we are not buying it cos if the daura cabal had not sidelined Tinubu and his loyalists which includes Dele, all this wailing epistles wouldn't have been written.

Watch as they rewrite history so quickly, praising a man they so maligned 18months ago.

Expect more praises of GEJ and more criticisms of Buhari from these political nonentities called loyalist, even though well educated but lack any will of their own, they sheepishly follow the orders of the godfather, they love whoever he loves and hate whoever he hates
These sets of humans are worse than Buhari's zombies undecided
This naijamutant of a person may God bless you richly. I can't say it better than you have done. Those set of sycophants are worse than APC zombies and gullible followers.
Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by Kanyekels(m): 11:20am On Nov 20, 2016
Nebuchadnezar:
tonyebarcanista won't like this grin

The guy is a nobody. Who takes him serious?

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 20, 2016
MeAboki:

Pension funds, N2b cash found in someones ceiling, Immigration job interview, Stella Oduah, Missing NNPC N20b/N11b/N8b etc.

All the propaganda and folly your APC paymasters forced down your brain?
If all these is true, how come your saintly PMB hasn't been able to present convincing evidences before the courts to get the culprits jailed?

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by yetseyi(f): 12:08pm On Nov 20, 2016
Sgwash:

Good and true, the recession was bound to happen, but the point still remains that the present government has done absolutely nothing to salvage the situation. That seem to be the problem.

I am still wondering how people feel that a rot of years, more than 20years in my opinion can be salvaged in even 5 years. The government can't control the forces of demand and supply, they may try to cushion the effect but it will be temporal, The thing is getting back to the basics ,once we get it right from there we can move forward. Nigerian economy didn't start spiralling downwards yesterday or even 4 years or 5 years ago, it has been spiralling for a while and its the cumulative effect thats visible now.

Everything seems to be hinged on the dollar and unless we earn more dollars by diversification we will just be dilly dallying and I hope we know that diversification is not just an act, its a process that can even take up to 20 years for us to really feel the effect and honestly I see the process in place its not just very visible yet.

So what do you think the government should have done that the haven't?

Or what do you think they shouldn't have done that they did?

Just curious
Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by davidif: 12:11pm On Nov 20, 2016
Pylony:
During that corrupt era where people not eating three square meals with the little they have? Tell your self the truth now not later.

So character doesn't matter to you? No wonder our continent is a mess. Instead of putting an emphasis on integrity combined with competence (ability to do the job) we simply just ignore integrity and accept corruption as a way of life.

Sorry to inform you but the reason we were "eating" was because of high oil prices. You can't run a robust economy based on commodities because when their prices drop them so goes your economy. There is a reason why the oil glut has not affected other oil producers like Saudi Arabia, the U.S and co. while at the same time the Russians are struggling and the Venezuelans especially.

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 20, 2016
NaijaMutant:
GEJ is not seeking reelection, pls don't use him as a bait in your fight with the daura cabals.

Just take heart, The daura cabals outsmarted the Lagos Ibadan expressway political mercenaries despite their sophisticated education.

If you want to wail, Pls buy a form and register officially grin

No free wailing my brother, don't they know we are in Recession??
Ogbeni, buy form if you want to wail, simple.
Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by yetseyi(f): 12:18pm On Nov 20, 2016
sweetgala:

I've just returned from Nigeria not long ago and what I've determined is thus, while the opportunities for corruption are being effectively reduced and the consequences when caught increasing; the desire among many of the people to corruptfully enrich themselves has not gone, it's just the opportunities that have not presented themselves.

There needs to be a change of attitude among Nigerians , it's this lack of discipline that allows people to witness the true efforts of this current government and make silly complaints that does not allow them to reason and see the real nexus of this recession.

Buhari is not moving at the speed I expected of him but he sure is going on the right direction , I read today that the rice projects initiated by CBN in some states is coming good and rice has dropped to 13k for a 50kg bag

Soon with dangote taking point we would start import sunstitution of tomato paste and refined petroleum products. Thanks to the forward thinking of the likes of dangote Nigeria did not suffer the 1970s scenario of imported cement and demurrage

We need to lift our heads up and think differently

I agree with you totally, I do pray that corruption is eradicated to a minimal level, its so into us lipsrsealed

Nigerians don't want to pass through a process they just want the results and its not really possible.

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by SAMDOL(m): 12:41pm On Nov 20, 2016
NaijaMutant:

I usually don't dignify people like you with a response, but I'll do you that favour undecided

Your first paragraph has no iota of sense in it.

Your second paragraph corroborates my point except for the last sentence which is only the wish of a drowning man.

Next time While on a discuss, stay on the subject matter and ensure full comprehension before making comments.

Osunoriginal why are you disgracing us like this?
Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by slivertongue: 12:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
GEJ should not mind those wanting him to come back. The rentier political elites are the bane of this country, they fight every government until it begins to make mistakes which they turn to use to campaign.

GEJ made mistakes but this government has done worst. Nothing seem to have improved in post GEJ. Our standard of living tells the story better. Beside fighting graft, which seem to be effective in the media, what else has this government done?

Dele is on point. He thought GMB had the capacity to deliver progress to Nigerians but has just realised that his competence was overrated and political influence inflated. The contemporary situation of Nigeria has little to do with the maladministration by past administration but more with incompetence of most successors.

GMB had always lacked the capacity to govern a modern state. His has the mindset of an ancient Emir.

1 Like

Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 20, 2016
Insightful!...for me, the dumb, seif-serving nomad/the ineffectual bufoon are both redundant dumbskulls! I 'll rather vote a fresh, viable, charismatic candidate.
Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 20, 2016
...Insightful!...for me, the dumb, seif-serving nomad/the ineffectual bufoon are both redundant dumbskulls! I 'll rather vote a fresh, viable, charismatic candidate.
Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by chernest2002: 1:11pm On Nov 20, 2016
Gej will never come back, let the dictator and his afonjas keep the power they killed people to get. All of you who voted the dictator should enjoy his reign forever.
Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by mykeljosef: 2:06pm On Nov 20, 2016
MeAboki:

For someone with direct connection to the FG and alleged knowledge of ongoing corruption, surpassing that of past era; why are you withholding such vital information from the EFCC, DSS,ICPC etc or at least not anonymously exposing it in any of the social media, as part of your patriotic contribution to this nation - wouldn't that contribute towards bringing down this government you so much hate?.

As for now, all you have made are empty baseless allegations that seem to emanate from your wild imagination - probably as a result of FLatinosis.

i won't blame you...coz 1 am only a citizen of the country by virtue of my dad....so quit your miserable tribalism of judging people who say fact as ipob or wailers

secondly if you have wisdom you should know how politics work and how the truth can be silenced....do you think most of the people in the fg now don't own the media....the media is nothing but their lil *itches

thirdly do u think me and my type who have an idea of whats going on have a say in this kinda ish....it starts on social media and dies there else buhari would have been on the herdsmen case if the social media is as effective as you think.....take a cue from Hillary Clinton failed ambition

last but not least... my way of tackling the issue is

1.accepting the people who voted last(based on tribalism and religion) put us all on a long stretch

2.rather than complain find a way to make the most outta it

3.sensitize people like you who r so keen on repeating the same mistake outta cluelessness

4.vote and make sure people around me vote come 2019

so get your head outta ya a**.....
good day
Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by mykeljosef: 2:11pm On Nov 20, 2016
Lekewatt:
wetin this unrepentant wailer dey talk sef? I beg dress jor.

how about for once you visit your reasoning department and attack what i said rather be your clueless , baseless, tribalistic ,human labelling, shawllowminded self that quote me people just to vent their instabilities and miserable mindset all over the Internet
Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by nortcentrallord(m): 2:17pm On Nov 20, 2016
CXLVII:

Corner stone or foot mat?

With all the corruption charges linked to him, you still call him a corner stone? Please change it to foot mat!

Lol, and yet he is celebrated by all those who gave you the so called information. Until he is convicted and sent to jail, I won't believe. Hope you are enjoying the "change" Mr integrity brought on board cheesy.
Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by Electgineer99: 2:51pm On Nov 20, 2016
Although PMB is a failure. Direction less, no blueprint noting to hang hope on. But anybody who calls for GEJ comeback is a nitwit, such person doesn't care for others nor care for their own future. The anti-corription(witchhunt) hullabaloo just shows that a Nigerian politician only cares for their pocket, we all saw what the Jonathan era was synonyms to.
Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by Electgineer99: 2:55pm On Nov 20, 2016
Come 2019 I either support the "SOCIALIST PARTY OF NIGERIA " struggle or continue my apathy.
Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by Electgineer99: 3:03pm On Nov 20, 2016
Proffdada:
the simple truth of common sense is, if jonadunce was good, Buhari won't stand a chance of winning
This is just the truth!
Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by vislabraye(m): 3:59pm On Nov 20, 2016
priceaction:
Am sure if he is an ambassadoral nominee or a minister, he won't say such. But actually many people have lost interest in buhari administration. He is slow, not really know how to turn things around and to make things worse, he is surrounded by manual men that are too old to brainstorm and shop for new ideas to make thing perfect in the country.
No technocrats, no think thank team, no blue print or charisma. Just imagine a minister saying going for world cup tournament is a waste of money because they will never win anything. But let the time comes, his entourage will be greater than the whole of super eagles team put together. They call Jonathan clueless, but this is more useless, directionless , brainless and visionless government. We have entered a one chance ,change vehicle.
You've said it all. We know that zombies fail to see anything wrong with Pmb and his disastrous ministers.
Imagine one of them saying, recession is just a word. Another one said there will be famine in Nigeria next year. Not to forget one foolish minister who said Nigerians should be willing to pay N10k a month for steady electricity. And many more.
Buhari’s many blunders is making Gej look like a hero even though he was not perfect.
Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by MeAboki(m): 4:07pm On Nov 20, 2016
mykeljosef:

i won't blame you...coz 1 am only a citizen of the country by virtue of my dad....so quit your miserable tribalism of judging people who say fact as ipob or wailers

secondly if you have wisdom you should know how politics work and how the truth can be silenced....do you think most of the people in the fg now don't own the media....the media is nothing but their lil *itches

thirdly do u think me and my type who have an idea of whats going on have a say in this kinda ish....it starts on social media and dies there else buhari would have been on the herdsmen case if the social media is as effective as you think.....take a cue from Hillary Clinton failed ambition

last but not least... my way of tackling the issue is

1.accepting the people who voted last(based on tribalism and religion) put us all on a long stretch

2.rather than complain find a way to make the most outta it

3.sensitize people like you who r so keen on repeating the same mistake outta cluelessness

4.vote and make sure people around me vote come 2019

so get your head outta ya a**.....
good day

Wow, after such a long epistle; yet no substance, not a single fact to back your position; just empty hogwash, wishy washy, beating around the bush without addressing the real issues.

You accused me of tribalism; yet none of my posts to you made any reference to tribe.

You claim insider knowledge of corruption within this government, in excess of past era; yet you only kept babbling without any proof or evidence - expecting us to believe your words as sacrosanct.

You spoke of adopting the attitude of making the most out of the present situation instead of complaining; yet all your posts are rife with moaning and complaints against this government.

You claim the social media is of no effect towards causing change; yet here you in a social media platform doing your very best towards this end by spreading propaganda of lies - which you quite dishonestly call sensitization.

Aren't you full of ironies: just who do you think you are kidding? - relying on mere emotions than facts and logic - well done.
Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by vislabraye(m): 4:11pm On Nov 20, 2016
yetseyi:

I am still wondering how people feel that a rot of years, more than 20years in my opinion can be salvaged in even 5 years. The government can't control the forces of demand and supply, they may try to cushion the effect but it will be temporal, The thing is getting back to the basics ,once we get it right from there we can move forward. Nigerian economy didn't start spiralling downwards yesterday or even 4 years or 5 years ago, it has been spiralling for a while and its the cumulative effect thats visible now.

Everything seems to be hinged on the dollar and unless we earn more dollars by diversification we will just be dilly dallying and I hope we know that diversification is not just an act, its a process that can even take up to 20 years for us to really feel the effect and honestly I see the process in place its not just very visible yet.

So what do you think the government should have done that the haven't?

Or what do you think they shouldn't have done that they did?

Just curious

This government never takes responsibility. Haba ! , . Okay, what has Pmb done right to salvage the situation ? I can't think of one. But I can tell you many things he has done wrong.
1. After 9 months in power, he appointed his ministers.
2. His appointment of ministers us like putting round pegs in square holes.
3. Faulty Forex policy.
4. Using his body language to drive foreign investors and many others.

Nigerians are not asking for Eldorado but what we want is to at least control this hardship.
Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by Larufa(m): 4:12pm On Nov 20, 2016
Let Dele Momodu appoint someone with Jonathan past as his Ovation magazine MD. Someone that will spend what his company had in the bank, ongoing revenue and loans from bank without any form of accountability.
Re: The Second Coming Of Goodluck Jonathan - Dele Momodu by MeAboki(m): 4:33pm On Nov 20, 2016
expee06:

All the propaganda and folly your APC paymasters forced down your brain?
If all these is true, how come your saintly PMB hasn't been able to present convincing evidences before the courts to get the culprits jailed?

LOL, you are too far gone to be rescued from your disillusionment - yes, indeed ignorance is bliss; let me not shatter your dream but help you along with this token picture of your Saint Jonathan or was it jesus of Otuoke.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PDP Agent's Hand Pictured On The Ground After Being Hacked Off In Kano. Graphic / Thief Obasanjo - he wrecked Nigeria and stole $200bn / Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.