Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,634 members, 7,958,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:00 AM

Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love (7623 Views)

Nigerian Lady Who Has Been Bridesmaid For 40 Friends, about getting married / A Married Woman I Encountered In Camp, Is In Love With Me / I Hate Myself, I Don't Know If God Will Ever Forgive Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 23, 2016
Jejely return all her six figures first...when you get that "hot" lady then you would understand the saying "karma is a real bitch"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by dilini(m): 11:00am On Nov 23, 2016
ezychris:
Awon stories yii sha

grin grin grin grin

My 2cents sha.....
Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by franzis(m): 11:26am On Nov 23, 2016
Op this is my reply beneath, one thing I have known all my life about relationship , the both parties can't bring 50/50 to the table , not even 60/40... U just have to complement each other to make it a 100

1 Like

Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by sagitariusbaby(m): 11:32am On Nov 23, 2016
franzis:
Op this is my reply beneath, one thing I have known all my life about relationship , the both parties can't bring 50/50 to the table , not even 60/40... U just have to complemeny one another to make it a 100

That was helpful bro. Thanks
Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by ElsonMorali: 11:37am On Nov 23, 2016
omamush:
oga its clear u don't love this lady from all you stated above... u mentioned her good qualities and all but still you don't love her Na, so why are u still with her..
see your age difference sef, please leave the poor lady alone don't waste more of her time she is not getting younger.

Happy birthday dear. smiley kiss
Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by ElsonMorali: 11:40am On Nov 23, 2016
So when she was sending money in six figures to you, you didn't realise that she is an introvert, neither did it occur to you that she is older than you are.

Hmmmm... Why don't you tell us the whole story of how you met another younger babe and you prefer that one to this.

You know what they call Karma? She's a bitch and she's coming for yo @ss. angry

3 Likes

Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 23, 2016
Gabrielwilliams:
Age is just a number grin #okbye

you don DIEEEE!!!
Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by ezychris(m): 8:10pm On Nov 23, 2016
dilini:

grin grin grin grin

My 2cents sha.....
Oshe!
Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 24, 2016
Return her money sharp sharp!!! Wicked man!

1 Like

Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 24, 2016
sagitariusbaby:

You guys are just so concerned about the money aspect, who says I don't also give to her? I added the part where she has given me money to highlight how open handed she is.
Never in those situations did I asked her to do that, she did it out of her own will. Anyway, thanks for contributing

People should marry who their heart absolutely tells them to, marrying out of pity is a bigger injustice than bailing on an engagement, IMO

However you must give her back the money she gave you.....if she gave you 1m Naira, the honourable thing to do as you leave her life would be to give her back her money, adding some extra for well, for "heart", for the good times, for your soul...if you do not think so, then just give her the exact amount back. I know it was not a loan, but darling, that money is not yours to keep.....
No amount of rationalising would make it so.....do this, and gain a bit of your soul back, for using and breaking a heart...avoid that tag of the -man -who used -a -lady -as -a -stepping -stone -in -life -only -to -dump -her -when -he -got -made

Good luck

(I find myself wondering what you meant by wanting women flashy? Cos if for any reason you meant you prefer artificial, "human/real/Bolivian hair to a woman's natural hair, I am hating you now!)

2 Likes

Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by room089: 3:22pm On Nov 25, 2016
My dear from your story, I deduced she's indeed a good lady but I can't advise anyone to marry out of pity. If you don't love her, please do well to release her.

If her shortcomings in your post are the main reason why you wantto call it quits with her, I will advise that you look before you leap. I believe love conquers all. If you really love her, you won't even know that such flaws exit in her because to me they are reallly negligible.

Know that in marriage 'iron doesn't sharpen iron but wood'. I mean you as an extrovert will fair well in marriage with an introvert. Don't try to change this disposition in her because you can't. With love tell her you will love her inputs on every discussion. Please don't trivialize her inputs. When they out of point,with love make her to see reasons. With love tell and teach her how you want her to dress. Show her those attires when you see them on people and on TV. Take her too the places she can get them. Go the extra mile of buying some for her intermittently. Please teach her waywardness. Make sure the new way you want her to dress isntoff fromthe way she was raised up or against her belief. This type of person you don't just tell her things you show her. And because she wants to marry, she would oblige and make some amends. Please don't expect the 'change' to be 100%, youmust make some sarifices by learning how to adapt in some certain situations.

But if in your heart of hearts, you've deided to call it quits, please tactically do so now. You can start by telling her that your parents vehemently reject your idea of marrying an older lady. All the same, please make sure you part on a good note with her. Shalom!
Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by Gabrielwilliams(m): 5:03am On Nov 30, 2016
Maychang:

you don DIEEEE!!!
Catch me if ucan tongue
Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by ednut1(m): 7:41am On Nov 30, 2016
the Heart of man is wicked
Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by Vinsmuft(m): 8:00am On Nov 30, 2016
My friend, appreciate the good qualities in her. Yes she may be desperate and may not be classy but so what? Look beyond her weaknesses and see her strengths. I have been in marriage for 8 years and I can tell you that love in itself is not everything. What is more important is if she's your close friend and can confide in her all your heart secrets. If so, then you are good to go to the alter. Believe me bro, love aint important in marriage. Friendship is.
Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by sagitariusbaby(m): 4:42pm On Apr 12, 2017
merahki:

People should marry who their heart absolutely tells them to, marrying out of pity is a bigger injustice than bailing on an engagement, IMO

However you must give her back the money she gave you.....if she gave you 1m Naira, the honourable thing to do as you leave her life would be to give her back her money, adding some extra for well, for "heart", for the good times, for your soul...if you do not think so, then just give her the exact amount back. I know it was not a loan, but darling, that money is not yours to keep.....
No amount of rationalising would make it so.....do this, and gain a bit of your soul back, for using and breaking a heart...avoid that tag of the -man -who used -a -lady -as -a -stepping -stone -in -life -only -to -dump -her -when -he -got -made

Good luck

(I find myself wondering what you meant by wanting women flashy? Cos if for any reason you meant you prefer artificial, "human/real/Bolivian hair to a woman's natural hair, I am hating you now!)
my wedding with her has now been fixed for August. Thanks for your advice
Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by Lionessza(f): 5:15pm On Apr 12, 2017
sagitariusbaby:
Good evening follow Nairalanders, I trust we all have a blessed day.

I am a 31 year old man, a graduate, descent, very hard working, a core gentleman and any lady's dream man in terms of physique. I have been working all my life even before going to school and I also worked to sponsor myself through the university so I have always depended on myself through life until I lost my job some few months back.

I met this lady who is about 5 years older than me last year through a friend who introduced me to her because my then relationship was about hitting the rock, it eventually did. I live in Abuja while this lady lives in Warri, we got along quickly, I visited her a couple of times just to know her better and I must say she is a nice person and a wife material. She has two registered companies that are doing very well and her family have been very supportive of our relationship part because we are from the same community and they all are waiting for us to announce our wedding date. She do go out of her way to make me happy especially now that I have lost my job, she has sent me money in six figures on several occasions in form of assistance, she indeed has a gud heart and very independent. I respect her a lot

My main issue now is that I don't love her not because she is not a nice person but because we operate on different levels entirely, while I am an extrovert she on the other hand is an introvert, she allows me to take decisions in almost all issues that I have concerns us when she is supposed to contribute and even suggest superior ideas, but I feel she is been over submissive just to please me and I so dislike this about her, I see it as a form of desperation to let me have my way always in the name of marriage, she dresses moderately but I like hot ladies, she is a university graduate but doesn't behave or act like one, she is the direct opposite of my kind of lady.

I have not introduce her to my family even though she has been disturbing me to, but she do talk with them on phone on regular basis and I strongly believe my dad and some of my siblings will be against our union because of the age difference and some other things.

My people, what do I do and how do I go about it because all she want now is marriage and nothing more. I don't want to hurt her, she has told me her life will collaps if I ever leave her. Please I need you advice, try to be civil about it I beg of you. Thanks

Mod please help me push it to the front page because it is very urgent

Any lady's dream man in terms of physique? Ok loll.

You Sir are a gigolo full stop. If this story is true . You went to this lady knowing how she is (as you said opposite of what you want) and you continued a relationship with her because you are broke and wanted financial support. You probably thought she would think like you and want a sexual relationship only and now that she wants the opposite you are busy acting as if you feel guilty. Let the poor woman go even if she hurts now she will surely get over you when she does an introspection. Next time you want to be a gigolo make the terms clear and known and stop hiding behind a well meaning God fearing man crap.
Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by ffo(m): 4:37pm On May 21, 2017
sagitariusbaby:

I am a 31 year old man, a graduate, descent, very hard working, a core gentleman and any lady's dream man in terms of physique. I have been working all my life even before going to school and I also worked to sponsor myself through the university so I have always depended on myself through life until I lost my job some few months back.

I met this lady who is about 5 years older than me last year through a friend who introduced me to her because my then relationship was about hitting the rock, it eventually did. I live in Abuja while this lady lives in Warri, we got along quickly, I visited her a couple of times just to know her better and I must say she is a nice person and a wife material. She has two registered companies that are doing very well and her family have been very supportive of our relationship part because we are from the same community and they all are waiting for us to announce our wedding date. She do go out of her way to make me happy especially now that I have lost my job, she has sent me money in six figures on several occasions in form of assistance, she indeed has a gud heart and very independent. I respect her a lot

My main issue now is that I don't love her not because she is not a nice person but because we operate on different levels entirely, while I am an extrovert she on the other hand is an introvert, she allows me to take decisions in almost all issues that I have concerns us when she is supposed to contribute and even suggest superior ideas, but I feel she is been over submissive just to please me and I so dislike this about her, I see it as a form of desperation to let me have my way always in the name of marriage, she dresses moderately but I like hot ladies, she is a university graduate but doesn't behave or act like one, she is the direct opposite of my kind of lady.

I have not introduce her to my family even though she has been disturbing me to, but she do talk with them on phone on regular basis and I strongly believe my dad and some of my siblings will be against our union because of the age difference and some other things.

My people, what do I do and how do I go about it because all she want now is marriage and nothing more. I don't want to hurt her, she has told me her life will collaps if I ever leave her. Please I need you advice, try to be civil about it I beg of you. Thanks

you won't value a lady like this till when you loose her, talking from experience, then you will run back to her, I hope it won't be late by then. I realise mine and went back to her. now we are happily married. thank God
Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 21, 2017
IS OBVIOUS THE OP WAS JUST AFTER THE LADY'S MONEY..I THINK THIS OP MUST BE A VERY PROUD PERSON LOOKING AT HIS COMMENTS YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN. YOU DON'T LOVE HER AGAIN AFTER YOU HAVE BENEFITED FROM HER RIGHT?
Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by 1234IKECHhukwu: 7:15pm On May 21, 2017
Edwinmason:
well it is better to leave now than to regret later
how do u want him to leave when he has eaten his money & kpekus u want her to go naked in the night & swear for him.

1 Like

Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by MMMscam: 9:03pm On May 21, 2017
sagitariusbaby:
[s]Good evening follow Nairalanders, I trust we all have a blessed day.

Mod please help me push it to the front page because it is very urgent[/s]

Shut up and marry her. At 31 years old, you still think like an indecisive wayward teenager. As an older person, if you were my junior brother i'd beat some good sense into your head. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by ghettochild(m): 10:44pm On May 21, 2017
sagitariusbaby:

call me .+27813991092
Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by greatwhite(m): 1:31am On May 22, 2017
You need to ask your self what you want your marriage to be like. If she does not fit into it. I will suggest you let her go.

Ps: Don't get stuck up in your fantasies. She top quality.
Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by Omonigeriarere: 5:00am On May 22, 2017
sagitariusbaby:

In all honesty, you are still not matured enough to get married. If age, background, status arestill yardsticks you used in knowing a real lady, you are still not matured at 31 because relationship is all about adjustments and realignments.

All the qualities you mentioned above are the attributes of a virtous woman but a 'boy' like you will not understand now until you miss the opportunity.

Get this drilled into your skull, this lady will marry successfully in one day with or without you.

As pertaining dressing, this is nothing special in that nearly ladies are taught how to dress by their men.
What have you done to upgrade her to your taste? Have you bought her pairs of jeans you like her to be wearing and she rejects your move?
Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 22, 2017
sagitariusbaby:

Just listen to yourself

1 Like

Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 02, 2017
sagitariusbaby:

Many, many blessings to you, and be happy oo
Cheers
(And, you are welcome @ advice)

1 Like

Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by ultematecj: 2:12pm On Sep 02, 2017
Sir..take this from me your perfect wife is all in your head..talk to her about her contributing to opinions that will make both of you grow and should always say her mind..a woman with these virtues u see in her is uncommon..stand beside her and make her the woman u want her to be
Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by Heartbender: 4:32pm On Feb 18, 2018
My brother, I face a similar dilemma
Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 18, 2018
Ishilove:

You're quite a wicked fellow, aren't you? You know you don't love her yet you have been collecting money from her. You say you don't love her yet you have given her the impression that your relationship is heading somewhere, hence her mindset. Even if she has being deliberately ignoring all the signs, you failed to define your relationship with her seeing that time is no longer on her side and now the poor lady thinks your relationship is heading to the altar.

Mr Man you're an evil time waster. Ladies ought to pray against men like you.

Do whatever you want to do but don't marry her and make her life miserable. She deserves a better man than you.

Your last paragraph got to my bones.
Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 18, 2018
[s]
sagitariusbaby:

[/s]

lipsrsealed

Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by Ishilove: 5:46pm On Feb 18, 2018
writerights:

Your last paragraph got to my bones.
I wonder how they ended up
Re: Please Save Me From Myself: I Am About Getting Married To The Woman I Don't Love by Ishilove: 5:49pm On Feb 18, 2018
sagitariusbaby:
Eyah...poor woman.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Video Of Breast Under A Microscope Will Blow Your Mind / Share Your No Bra Day Pix / Please Help! I Lost My NIN Paper Slip. What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.