Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,329 members, 7,819,132 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

My Final Shift Away From Christianity - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Final Shift Away From Christianity (5542 Views)

Apostle Suleman Prophesied That INEC Would Shift Presidential Election (video) / My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. / From Christianity To Deism: My New Journey Has Just Started (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by fijiano202(m): 9:26pm On Nov 26, 2016
honourhim:

Yea she needs some counseling. I pray God to help and put her on the right track and right understanding.
AMEN
Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by honourhim: 9:32pm On Nov 26, 2016
LiberaDeus:
The Christians are saying that the devil is fighting peoples minds but trenchant see that the only devil fighting the gospel is the devil of truth.

I have said it before and I will say it again, Christianity is like a vampire that can't stand the sunlight , once it is illuminated it starts to wither and fall by itself.

The light of reason is beginning to shine on it, due to the availability of information in the internet and the globalization going on that makes ideas to be shared easily, the light of truth is beginning to tear Christianity into shreds.

One of the posters said the devil is attacking peoples minds, the Christians don't know that their position on existence and life generally is more negative, horrific and evil than any devil can bring. In reality, speaking metaphorically, I can say that god is fighting and destroying the devil of religion that has held man captive. The god of truth and reason is freeing people from the mental cage of religion.

There are people who had similar believe like yours and spoke similar words like yours but when they encountered the power of God they rejected the way you are following and embraced the way of God. Some of them are nairalanders and a lot are out there too who are not nairalanders. I pray you amend your ways before it is too late.
Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by jonbellion(m): 9:55pm On Nov 26, 2016
honourhim:

There are people who had similar believe like yours and spoke similar words like yours but when they encountered the power of God they rejected the way you are following and embraced the way of God. Some of them are nairalanders and a lot are out there too who are not nairalanders. I pray you amend your ways before it is too late.
too late for what

2 Likes

Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by Karlovich: 10:04pm On Nov 26, 2016
the only thing keeping Nigerians in religion is fear of roasting in hell fire, that's why they willingly engage in things their bibles and Koran tell them not to do and somehow believe that muttering a few words to the invincible deity will wipe away their sins only to go back to the same sins hours after leaving their holy synagogues and bomb havens of a mosque.

5 Likes

Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by jonbellion(m): 10:04pm On Nov 26, 2016
Bemind it's cool you've finally broken away from the mental slavery that is organised religion. If there is a God he'd want us to use our brains and it's through rational thinking that you come to the conclusion that most of this things make no sense
Atall
Christianity gives you the disease and offers the cure
Teaches you they you are a "dirty lost sinner" in need of redemption that can only be given by one Jewish carpenter man that has been raised to a godlike status by his fellow men. A book written by mere humans like ourselves telling you how and what to believe
Lol
At least people are seeing the light by themselves

1 Like

Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by EyeHateGod: 10:23pm On Nov 26, 2016
honourhim:

Which power Yahweh Get way Zeus no get? grin

1 Like

Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by honourhim: 10:42pm On Nov 26, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Which power Yahweh Get way Zeus no get? grin

Did you read my post well? If you did then you would ve known that this question you asked is irrelevant. Go and read it again pls
Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 5:29am On Nov 27, 2016
fijiano202:
I honestly wanted to suggest a private chat with the op,there are somethings in her write up that should have enlighten her more but i believe she needs counselling

She does needs counseling.
Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by Nobody: 5:34am On Nov 27, 2016
undecided
Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by LiberaDeus: 8:33am On Nov 27, 2016
honourhim:

I don't have time to argue about your claims. Just know one thing, nobody that has been through Christianity the way I went through it and also opened his/her mind to the truth of other ideas will by no means choose to remain a Christian.

As for your threat or warning, am sure it's about hell or death. Well you won't live forever, you will also die one day and then you will know whether you have believed the truth.
Please work hard to avoid this place.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naraka
Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by honourhim: 8:53am On Nov 27, 2016
LiberaDeus:

I don't have time to argue about your claims. Just know one thing, nobody that has been through Christianity the way I went through it and also opened his/her mind to the truth of other ideas will by no means choose to remain a Christian.

As for your threat or warning, am sure it's about hell or death. Well you won't live forever, you will also die one day and then you will know whether you have believed the truth.

Ahaa...that's how you people make your false claim about going deep in christianity. Abeg make we hear word.
Meanwhile i am not threatening you with hell rather i am telling you the truth.
Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by LiberaDeus: 9:15am On Nov 27, 2016
honourhim:

Ahaa...that's how you people make your false claim about going deep in christianity. Abeg make we hear word.
Meanwhile i am not threatening you with hell rather i am telling you the truth.

That's why there is no need to argue with you cause you won't believe me.

And if you are doubtful of the fact that so many serious Christians have left the faith then look at this link that shows you ex pastors leaving your precious faith
http://clergyproject.org

As for your claim that you won't threatening me but just telling me the truth, am sure you didn't bother to read the link I gave you that shows a place that you are at risk of going to since you are shunning one deity.
Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by honourhim: 9:29am On Nov 27, 2016
LiberaDeus:

That's why there is no need to argue with you cause you won't believe me.

And if you are doubtful of the fact that so many serious Christians have left the faith then look at this link that shows you ex pastors leaving your precious faith
http://clergyproject.org

As for your claim that you won't threatening me but just telling me the truth, am sure you didn't bother to read the link I gave you that shows a place that you are at risk of going to since you are shunning one deity.

. Oga being a clergy does not translate to going deep in christianity. Do U even understand what christianity means?
Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by shadeyinka(m): 9:50am On Nov 27, 2016
bemind:
I have been a Christian all my life but fortunately or unfortunately in November 2015, I decided to get more serious with my relationship with Christ. I immersed myself in all things of Christ. Fasting during the day and only listening to my bible app on long journeys to and fro my workplace. During breaks at work, I'd run to the bathroom, get on my knees with my hands sometimes in the air, praying, praying and praying. Praying to turn a new leaf, praying for insight and guidance in this new path, praying for forgiveness, praying to receive the Holy Spirit, praying to be heard, praying to transition to a true child of God a disciple of Christ.

Let me tell you what happened to me. I started to uncover codes in the Bible. I realized the Old Testament was an allegory of the New Testament. A lot of revelations about Christ being the messiah was deeply coded in the Old Testament. I downloaded several versions and translations of the Bible for deeper understanding of the word. If you read carefully, Moses parting of the sea was done using the sign of the cross, the blood marks on the entrance of the homes of the Jews in Exodus was also done using the cross sign. So many subtle revelations of Christ is deeply encoded in so many parts of the Old Testament. But they come allegorized. The book of Revelations I realized is a summary of all the major stories of the Bible spanning both Old and New Testament and is basically the story of the elect and the elect only. The beatitudes are to the elect of God and them only. A lot of Solomon and other prophets’ soliloquies were in reference to the burdens, pains and sorrows of the elect whom will be appointed to serve Christ selflessly and completely, as the journey is not likely to be a bed of roses. Paul spoke more about this group of disciples.

These revelations continued, until one day on my way home listening to Paul as usual, I heard a statement in the book of Hebrews about the repercussions of receiving the Holy Spirit and then going back to sin. Those words from Paul resonated so well with me and It was clear that I had received some kind of clarity, guidance particularly with uncovering truths in the Bible.
It meant that If I slipped, just a pinch, I was doomed. I panicked because at the time I believed I had been living what I can only describe as a purist but not perfectly, I couldn't guarantee I would be in this repentant state forever, at all times. It hit me, then fear started to creep in.
What followed were a series of fearful and sleepless nights. I lost a ton of weight but continued to hold on to the Word but this time in great fear.

Eventually I had had enough. Fear I figured is the great energy driving this force, it is the overriding fuel of the religious path. Without it the religion can't stand. So I quit. Quitting was certainly not a walk in the park. Then the veil was unveiled!

You see once you get to this stage in your journey either of two things happen. You become psychotic and start believing witches or the devil or some relative is out to get you. Either that or you start to see the cheer evil in the acts penned in the "holy book". The goriness of the blood which you supposedly soak yourself in for safety, the tribalism and racism purported by a particular sect, the hot hell fire etc these are not acts of a God ingrained in Love. I attained freedom at last.

I now follow the “religion” of love your neighbor as yourself, empathy and compassion for all. The religion of pointing out the ills and sins of others is one of pure hypocrisy. The day you realize you are not any different from the so called sinners (gays, prostitutes, bobrisky) you berate and condemn to hell, that is the day your veil would be removed. You don't even have to denounce any religion, just try love and abore judgements.

One last thing I learnt is as long as you live under the laws of this planet, be careful as what you wish for others, you have unknowingly wished for yourself. If you wish hell and misery for others, you unknowingly get hell and misery yourself. If you wish love and health to your fellow man, the universe rewards you same.

My dear OP
There are two aspects of Christianity
1. The Religion
What we do as humans to please God
2. The Relationship
With the Father where you know Him and He knows you in a bond

I think you were religious but with no relationship

The second issue is that their are flaws in your theology as presented in your op. There are 2 major flaws if you dont mind explaing, I could point them out. The wrong conclusions as you said contributed to the breaking of the Carmel's back.

1 Like

Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by LiberaDeus: 10:09am On Nov 27, 2016
honourhim:

. Oga being a clergy does not translate to going deep in christianity. Do U even understand what christianity means?

I don't have strength for argument.

An sure in your world, any christian that falls away was never a Christian at all. So even if I show you pastors that left the faith you will tell me they were never Christians, if I talk about myself you will say the same thing. No proof is enough for you guys that's why I don't bother arguing. If I refer you to Charles Templeton you will tell me that he was never a christian.

Since you asked whether I know what it means to be a Christian. I will try and answer, the things I state are things i experienced so you can make your judgement yourself

1. Coming to the knowledge that you are a sinner before God and feeling the holy spirits conviction towards that .

2. Accepting that the only way you can be saved is through accepting the sacrifice of his son Jesus Christ. Accepting and believing in your heart that Jesus is Lord. Making the confession and praying for God's acceptance.

3. Beginning your Christian walk by feeding on the word of God. Asking the holy spirit for guidance and revelation as you read the word.

4. Receiving the baptism of the holy spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues and also receiving one of the gifts of the spirit. Communing with the spirit

5. Fellowship with the Christian brethren. Involving Sunday services and as many days as possible in the week.

6. Sharing the good news of Christ to unbelievers.

7. Study of the word and other christian materials to grow in the faith

8. Having faith in Gods promises for your life and waiting for their manifestations.

9. Encouraging other believers in the faith.

10. Giving to the kingdom through tithes,seed and offering.

11. Offering yourself to God's service either in the church or elsewhere. Being a minister to the body of christ.

All these and many more make up the Christian faith. One that has been part of this faith and has partaken in every of the aforementioned things can leave the faith if he discovers the truth about his religion can leave the faith.
I know you find it hard to believe but one can say goodbye to Christianity after experiencing all these things. I experienced them and I said goodbye because Christianity is a man made religion.

6 Likes

Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by honourhim: 12:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
LiberaDeus:

I don't have strength for argument.

An sure in your world, any christian that falls away was never a Christian at all. So even if I show you pastors that left the faith you will tell me they were never Christians, if I talk about myself you will say the same thing. No proof is enough for you guys that's why I don't bother arguing. If I refer you to Charles Templeton you will tell me that he was never a christian.

Since you asked whether I know what it means to be a Christian. I will try and answer, the things I state are things i experienced so you can make your judgement yourself

1. Coming to the knowledge that you are a sinner before God and feeling the holy spirits conviction towards that .

2. Accepting that the only way you can be saved is through accepting the sacrifice of his son Jesus Christ. Accepting and believing in your heart that Jesus is Lord. Making the confession and praying for God's acceptance.

3. Beginning your Christian walk by feeding on the word of God. Asking the holy spirit for guidance and revelation as you read the word.

4. Receiving the baptism of the holy spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues and also receiving one of the gifts of the spirit. Communing with the spirit

5. Fellowship with the Christian brethren. Involving Sunday services and as many days as possible in the week.

6. Sharing the good news of Christ to unbelievers.

7. Study of the word and other christian materials to grow in the faith

8. Having faith in Gods promises for your life and waiting for their manifestations.

9. Encouraging other believers in the faith.

10. Giving to the kingdom through tithes,seed and offering.

11. Offering yourself to God's service either in the church or elsewhere. Being a minister to the body of christ.

All these and many more make up the Christian faith. One that has been part of this faith and has partaken in every of the aforementioned things can leave the faith if he discovers the truth about his religion can leave the faith.
I know you find it hard to believe but one can say goodbye to Christianity after experiencing all these things. I experienced them and I said goodbye because Christianity is a man made religion.

Kindly tell your coversion (to Christ) story including where you worshiped. Thanks.

I know a Christian can fall away. The bible even said it in the book of Hebrews 6.
Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 27, 2016
Op what made you become Christian in the first place,? You seem to have found yourself in a situation you barely understood undecided
Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 28, 2016
edebemba:

At first he received the divine gift and later lost it. I am only trying to let let him know that the kingdom of heaven is not for everybody and that whatever he thinks or feels cannot change the fact that only Jesus saves.

"Only Jesus saves" Heaven will be occupied by only Christians right??
Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by darbeelicous(f): 9:35pm On Nov 28, 2016
God's not dead!
Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by ikombe: 9:56pm On Nov 28, 2016
Heaven and Hell grin

The perfect fiction used to pin people's life in christianity. I wonder the religion without Heaven and Hell

Just sayin tho undecided
Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by Immorttal: 7:37am On Nov 29, 2016
i have created a hell for those who dont believe in the Almighty God Prometheus and is way hotter than the Christian and Muslim hell combined. kiss welcome to the reality op. the fog in your eyes have cleared and you will now see more absurdity and insanity surrounding Religion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by Wilgrea7(m): 8:12am On Nov 29, 2016
ikombe:
Heaven and Hell grin

The perfect fiction used to pin people's life in christianity. I wonder the religion without Heaven and Hell

Just sayin tho undecided

if you were to remove heaven and hell from any religion and apostasy(in the case of muslims).. then you would see the true followers of that religion... you'd see the true worshippers.... and believe you me... they exist
Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by sonmvayina(m): 8:15am On Nov 29, 2016
darbeelicous:
God's not dead!

Ok, how come nobody has seen or heard from him since the last 2000 years..
Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by sonmvayina(m): 8:22am On Nov 29, 2016
I stoped being a christain 6 years ago...but i still go to church to look for fine fine geh..since i finished from uniben, no other place wey fine gehs they gather again apart from church...one just give me her number last sunday..she just send me whatsapp mrssage this morning say hope say i sabi do the thing. make i enjoy small as i dey benin for holiday before i go back to London...

1 Like

Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by PDBonline: 8:28am On Nov 29, 2016
MrMontella:

The op's posts are a bit confusing..
Anyone else feel that way?
Me too

So to bemind my question is "Who is Jesus to you and what does Jesus' death on the cross mean to you?" Make it plain.
Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by PDBonline: 8:30am On Nov 29, 2016
Having said all, please answer my question: "Who is Jesus to you and what does Jesus' death on the cross mean to you?" Make it plain.
Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by Auki: 8:45am On Nov 29, 2016
PDBonline:
Having said all, please answer my question: "Who is Jesus to you and what does Jesus' death on the cross mean to you?" Make it plain.

Jesus is human being sent by God. He is not God or son of God.

Iam responsible for my sin and I seek God forgiveness.

Original sin and Trinity are paganism concept. Pray that your creator should guide you.
Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by darbeelicous(f): 9:35am On Nov 29, 2016
sonmvayina:

Ok, how come nobody has seen or heard from him since the last 2000 years..
ive heard from him though, I don't know about you....... I hear from him everyday through his word.
Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by sonmvayina(m): 9:40am On Nov 29, 2016
PDBonline:
Having said all, please answer my question: "Who is Jesus to you and what does Jesus' death on the cross mean to you?" Make it plain

let me help you..he is a charcter in a story, just like Harry Potter or spider man..the people who wrote it are not related to any charater in the story....they have all been turned into blockbuster movies too..
if it means somethhing diffferent to you, your entitlled to your own opinion and feelings.

only you knows why it means a lot to you...
People are passionate about their favourite heros...i used to put pictures of spiderman on my wall when i was in primary 1 and 2, but i did not try it in my hostel at the univesity, i simply outgrew it..but occadionally still discuss it with my room mates whaat we would have done if we can crawl on walls...
with time you will outgrow it too...if not in thid life, maybe in the next..but the the fact remains. that you will learn the truth brfore you can leave this plaNET..

1 Like

Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by sonmvayina(m): 9:44am On Nov 29, 2016
darbeelicous:
ive heard from him though, I don't know about you....... I hear from him everyday through his word.

really why dont you write it down so we can update the bible with it...please ask him/her how we can get out of this recession..and if it is good to invest in MMM...Thank you..please upload the voice or video message..
Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by hopefulLandlord: 9:56am On Nov 29, 2016
PDBonline:

Jesus was the bastard son of an acclaimed virgin whose mother used hypnotic powers to delude Joseph who is a responsible carpenter into thinking he met god and god told him to accept Mary and her unborn child

this child was named Jesus and his mother kept calling him son of god and this child deluded himself into believing it, he went around gathering 12 people who shared in his delusions

this made him talk anyhow and criticise anyone even destroying people's market one day

his village people grew tired of his antics so decided to beat the crap out of him and hung him on the cross like they do common thieves in those days, he realised his folly and quickly asked god why he forsook him and even told his imaginary father to make the cup pass over him, his other disciples stole his body, claimed he rose from the dead and flew to heaven; even his mother that authored the delusion didn't see him

there are deluded people who believed this man died for their misdemeanors, they pray to this dead man everyday and cover themselves with the blood of this man

these people call themselves "Christians"
Re: My Final Shift Away From Christianity by darbeelicous(f): 10:22am On Nov 29, 2016
sonmvayina:

really why dont you write it down so we can update the bible with it...please ask him/her how we can get out of this recession..and if it is good to invest in MMM...Thank you..please upload the voice or video message..
The bible is his word my dear,....... Whenever I read the bible, I'm convinced beyond reasonable doubt that God's speaking to me through those written words.
As a Christian, I don't believe that I am in any way affected by these recession.... How do I know? Because God's word says so. Psalm 91:1-16.
As for MMM........ I cannot categorically say wink, but it's your choice though...... But as for me, MMM all the way! grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Where Are You Worshipping Today? Am OFM -HQ / A Nairalander Realeases His First Song - Olorun Ikore (lord Of The Harvest) / The Top 10 Lies About Atheism By Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.