Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says (51235 Views)

MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends / Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says / Nigeria Can Generate 12,000 MW Of Electricity — Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by tiwiex(m): 12:04pm On Nov 27, 2016
StOla:

A minister is an administrator.

The only ministry that requires a member of same vocation is ministry of juctice because the minister doubles as attorney general. A doctor cannot argue government's case in court or give legal interpretation of a judgement as an attorney general would do.

A Minister of Health is never required to examine a patient or carry out medical examination, perform a surgery or dispense drugs.

A Minister of Works is never required to design engineering plans or structures or tools. Neither is he/she required to operate equipment.

A minister is a political administrator for the ministry. Any governor who has managed a state where such ministries exist and were functional during his tenure, is more than qualified to handle such ministry as the direct administrator.

Overcome your ignorance.

i keep seeing this argument and i don't buy it. you can't administer favourably what you don't understand. imagin an engineer who grew through the ranks and becam a seasoned administrator. Is he not better for this job? He would have experienced these problems and hoped that one day he would be in a position to influence his ideas. Fashola came on board with zero ideas apart from the pedestrian one we all have about power. "i can fix it overnight" the "how" is missing. same with agric. see what Adesina did. He is a core agric guy. Look at where he is now. That is why Fashola had the guts to say Nigerian engineers are wack. Who says that for God's sake? If he was in that field he would have met many and taken advantage of the relationship. Power is not a joke oh. Even the janitor will be training Fashola. It is not a school to go an learn basic problems.

2 Likes

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by KingOfAmebo(m): 12:07pm On Nov 27, 2016
StOla:

The only ministry that requires a member of same vocation is ministry of juctice because the minister doubles as attorney general. A doctor cannot argue government's case in court or give legal interpretation of a judgement as an attorney general would do.

A Minister of Health is never required to examine a patient or carry out medical examination, perform a surgery or dispense drugs.

A Minister of Works is never required to design engineering plans or structures or tools. Neither is he/she required to operate equipment.

A minister is a political administrator for the ministry. Any governor who has managed a state where such ministries exist and were functional during his tenure, is more than qualified to handle such ministry as the direct administrator.

Overcome your ignorance.

I totally disagree with you...When a Minister of Health knows nothing about medical practice, the result is the disgraceful and poor state of our Health sector, Same applies to all ministries headed by those who have no background knowledge or understanding of the ministry they are appointed to oversee.

This is common sense, sadly you don't have one.

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by darknetcom: 12:09pm On Nov 27, 2016
ohhh my...

what is next??..
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by darknetcom: 12:11pm On Nov 27, 2016
that this wan even dare sef.....

madman..

why is sango now responsible that you can not do ya job..??..

park well or get lost!!!!...

thundaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!...
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by StOla: 12:11pm On Nov 27, 2016
Sibrah:
Agric goes well beyond the knowlegde of few crops. There is the geographical and engineering angle to it. Agric on a national level reguires the knowlegde of dams, irrigation, storage, statistics gathering to foresee challenges and more.

I accept.

In all honesty, don't you think the ministry of Agriculture or Works or Power etc, have these technocrats already who do this job day in day out, and who are permanent fixtures at such ministries unlike a minister who can be replaced after just 3months on the saddle?

A minister is just a political administrator, the ministries have directors and a permanent secretary who by experience and vocation are compelled to have this specific knowledge.

We really should stop this over-technocracy in our ministerial portfolio.

Was FFK or Stella Oduah a pilot or an airline investor to be minister of Aviation? Neither were they engineers or technically grounded.

A minister is just an administrator, with the exception of the Attorney General of a nation.

If the minister of Justice was separated from the Attorney General, an Engineer or a Surveyor could head such ministry, because he would just be an administrator of that ministry awarding contracts and overseeing the running of its offices nationwide, while the office of the attorney general would argue government case in court and give legal interpretation.

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by ibadanfinest(m): 12:13pm On Nov 27, 2016
Bloggers self. stop twisting fashola words, by and large, he is encouraging us to be creative and not be too religious. I believe his messaged would have been more welcomed if the country power situation has improved.

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Sibrah: 12:13pm On Nov 27, 2016
StOla:

I accept.

In all honesty, don't you think the ministry of Agriculture or Works or Power etc, have these technocrats already who do this job day in day out, and who are permanent fixtures at such ministries unlike a minister who can be replaced after just 3months on the saddle?

A minister is just a political administrator, the ministries have directors and a permanent secretary who by experience and vocation are compelled to have this specific knowledge.

We really should stop this over-technocracy in our ministerial portfolio.

Was FFK or Stella Oduah a pilot or an airline investor to be minister of Aviation? Neither were they engineers or technically grounded.

A minister is just an administrator, with the exception of the Attorney General of a nation.

If the minister of Justice was separated from the Attorney General, and Engineer or a Surveyor could head such ministry, because he would just be an administrator of that ministry awarding contracts and overseeing the running of its offices nationwide, while the office of the attorney general would argue government case in court and give legal interpretation.
How can politics help fix a multi-billion problem that a politician isn't even aware of. Fashola isn't aware of distance problem in power transmission and how it helps aid vandalism - a challenge that's practically absent in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by StOla: 12:14pm On Nov 27, 2016
KingOfAmebo:

I totally disagree with you...When a Minister of Health knows nothing about medical practice, the result is the disgraceful and poor state of our Health sector, Same applies to all ministries headed by those who have no background knowledge or understanding of the ministry they are appointed to oversee.

This is common sense, sadly you don't have one.

Yet with your professorial doctors heading the ministry of health, we have about the worst medical infrastructure in West Africa.

America without doctors as Secretary of Health, is where we run to.

I like the Nigerian common sense.

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 27, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Fashola a.k.a Mr. Rocket Science is really trying to justify his incompetency & ineptitude..

A Serious Government Will Fix Its Power Problems In 6months - Fashola

Internet Never Forgets:

http://newsrescue.com/there-will-be-power-in-all-homes-in-six-months-if-i-was-in-charge-fashola-rescued/

You are attacking the speaker rather than criticise his words. Na wa o...

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by mfujah(m): 12:14pm On Nov 27, 2016
StOla:

Overcome your ignorance.
thanks for. educating them all... Nigerians can so complain... jezzz !!
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Justiceleague1: 12:18pm On Nov 27, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Fashola a.k.a Mr. Rocket Science is really trying to justify his incompetency & ineptitude..

A Serious Government Will Fix Its Power Problems In 6months - Fashola

Internet Never Forgets:

http://newsrescue.com/there-will-be-power-in-all-homes-in-six-months-if-i-was-in-charge-fashola-rescued/
right...and the zombie'fonjanic mass shouted PSY BABA..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by mfujah(m): 12:22pm On Nov 27, 2016
koladebrainiac:
All you Ipods that flooded n trying to derail n condemn Fashola here
Since Jonathan your defeated messiah and Obasanjo and yaradua cannot fix power problem in in 16years it is fashola that will now fix it for you in 6momths after you guys have bastardize the sector,destroyed the fabric of Nigeria power Energy.

What am i saying sef- I remember professor Bat Nnaji is a professor in engineering and many engineers that have worked as power minister for 16 years what have they done?have dey generated any megawatt?

You people should cover your faces in shame.

You dont need engineers to be minister,you need decision makers people who knows how to make deal and politics of Electricity and contract signing n pressure management.

Its not about round square peg round hole thing.

Its an old adage thats not working with reality -i mean the square peg of a thing..

if u never marry i go give u my cousin.... i don't know someone like ur brilliancy still on nairaland... omg God bless you ..God bless. Nigeria!!!
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by KingOfAmebo(m): 12:22pm On Nov 27, 2016
youngice:

My brother a bottle of veuve cliqout for you
The level of ignorance people exhibit is appalling
They can't understand why you will see an accountant or lawyer heading a world class technology firm

Managing a "Firm" and being an administrator of a Ministry are two different things... underline the word "Administrator"...you need a background knowledge and understanding to be an administrator of the Ministry you are appointed to administer for it to function well. On the other hand you don't need a background knowledge or study anything relating to a "Firm" you are employed to manage.

Too many ignorant people on Nairaland...sadly, you are on the list.

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Justiceleague1: 12:23pm On Nov 27, 2016
StOla:

Overcome your ignorance.
nepa bill mentality grin

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by jtwest(m): 12:24pm On Nov 27, 2016
oya make sango talk him own na, fash don talk, make olukoso toast am like bread.
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by mfm04622: 12:24pm On Nov 27, 2016
I
koladebrainiac:
All you Ipods that flooded n trying to derail n condemn Fashola here
Since Jonathan your defeated messiah and Obasanjo and yaradua cannot fix power problem in in 16years it is fashola that will now fix it for you in 6momths after you guys have bastardize the sector,destroyed the fabric of Nigeria power Energy.

What am i saying sef- I remember professor Bat Nnaji is a professor in engineering and many engineers that have worked as power minister for 16 years what have they done?have dey generated any megawatt?

You people should cover your faces in shame.

You dont need engineers to be minister,you need decision makers people who knows how to make deal and politics of Electricity and contract signing n pressure management.

Its not about round square peg round hole thing.

Its an old adage thats not working with reality -i mean the square peg of a thing..

Barth Nnaji remain the best Minister of Power till date. Fact!

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by darknetcom: 12:25pm On Nov 27, 2016
ibadanfinest:
Bloggers self. stop twisting fashola words, by and large, he is encouraging us to be creative and not be too religious. I believe his messaged would have been more welcomed if the country power situation has improved.

yea..somehow he is right..but sango is not to blame for that....

its our fighting each other the ol time is to blame...

if we realy loved and cheerished each other since 1960..
we would have atleast 20000mw today...

you can not force others to love you..
you can only convince them to love you by doing what is right...

you can not force the igbos to love you now after what happend before the civil war..thats too much...

i already apologized already 2 years ago on my own but the thread i created for that was massively ignored..

its better we apologize to each other or we will keep starting from zero over and over again...
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by MrTolu(m): 12:25pm On Nov 27, 2016
StOla:

Overcome your ignorance.

The rate of ignorance on Nairaland is astonishing. Please don't stress yourself if they can't understand that a Minister doesn't have to be a professional in the Ministry he heads.

The UK Prime Minister recently shuffled the Ministers of the UK. Most of them don't have educational backgrounds in the Ministry they head.

Read about former secretaries of the United States Govt. Majority of them did not have an educational background in the Ministry they headed.

Secretary of State John Kerry doesn't have a degree in Foreign or International relations before he assumed his current post he only had ideas and info being in the Senate Committee on Foreign relations

2 Likes

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by KingOfAmebo(m): 12:26pm On Nov 27, 2016
StOla:

Yet with your professorial doctors heading the ministry of health, we have about the worst medical infrastructure in West Africa.

Appointing someone with background knowledge is a good way to start not appointment someone that studied "French" to be minister of Agriculture. Was he appointed to help the federal government interpret the botanical names of crops? No wonder your famous Minister of Sport don't know a football team need team preparation and camping to enable them prepare for a tournament. Infact, he made reference to our team as "The United States of Nigeria" what a shame.
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by tomzman: 12:29pm On Nov 27, 2016
Talk and good speech do not generate electricity either. Nigerians are tired of speeches Fashola! Give Nigerians stable electricity and watch them do the speech on your behalf.
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by africanusvu(m): 12:30pm On Nov 27, 2016
This S\Westerner talks much bt does notin.more an orator less a technocrat,sango cant produce electric.yes.bt at least she produces thunder that wil soon fire you who nig av givng 3main jobs.wit evrytin u need yet cant even produce lightning which sango produces at wil to burn failures like this westerner
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 27, 2016
StOla:

So the farmer Audu Ogbeh still needs idea about an agricultural where he is a plantation owner?

A former governor Dr Chris Ngige who was a former director at the ministry of health, and a state chief executive, has no idea about labour, managing workforce and trade union dispute issues?

An SAN and former governor of the most populous and complex state in Nigeria, credited with multitudes of road, housing, power, and infrastructure projects, still has no idea about Power Works and Housing?

A moro.n was suggesting that a labourer should be minister of labour, I hope you're a better moro.n?
frankly,your argument is specious,if Kemi Adeosun cannot have a specific definition to our economic woes after having several years of experience.then who is fashola to handle our power supply.likewise,Adebayo Shittu studied law.what is his experience about ict and communition.pls.let us give theoretical and pragmatic people chance to perform instead of using nepotism,favourism and tribalism.believe me,Audu Ogbe is a mediocre in agriculture likewise few ministers
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by darknetcom: 12:31pm On Nov 27, 2016
tomzman:
Talk and good speech do not generate electricity either. Nigerians are tired of speeches Fashola! Give Nigerians stable electricity and watch them do the speech on your behalf.

thank you..sango keh....he should take that statement back..

its alien to us...
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by MrTolu(m): 12:33pm On Nov 27, 2016
Uninformed minds keep ranting everywhere. We're where you when President Jonathan appointed Stella Oduah as Minister of Aviation, Musiliu Obanikoro as Minister of State of Defense and many more ?

The job of a minister is administration that's the norm worldwide.

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by prophetfire: 12:34pm On Nov 27, 2016
StOla:

Overcome your ignorance.
my brother,I feel for people like U dt still bother to respond to all these ignoramus dt make de loudest noise, celebrating their ignorance on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:37pm On Nov 27, 2016
StOla:

Overcome your ignorance.

And how will the minister know whether his subjects are doing well if he ain't qualified
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by KingOfAmebo(m): 12:38pm On Nov 27, 2016
StOla:

People like you are quick to compare Nigeria and America on issues like this...only kids do that, we all know America is years ahead of us so why compare us with them.
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by MrTemple(m): 12:41pm On Nov 27, 2016
This shows that he has no knowledge of the job.

Has he ever seen or read that lightning produces electricity?
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by charlove(m): 12:41pm On Nov 27, 2016
StOla:

Overcome your ignorance.

another fashola using grammar to cover up d truth
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by passionate88: 12:43pm On Nov 27, 2016
Jokerman:
This guy talks too much these days.... Don't worry na, Tinubu the Jagaban will soon put you in your place....
tinubu has already been put in his place by Akeredolu
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by lawalosky(m): 12:47pm On Nov 27, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ex-militant Tompolo Buys A Private Jet / FG Agrees To Pay N30,000 Minimum Wage As NLC Suspends Nationwide Strike / Another Man Shot At Ekiti APC Rally, Man Trying To Save Him Victim Of Pickpocket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.