Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says (51250 Views)

MTN Launches Mobile Electricity That Can Give 24hrs Electricity.Fashola Attends / Power Sector Illegally Sold, Fashola Says / Nigeria Can Generate 12,000 MW Of Electricity — Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by omonnakoda: 11:04am On Nov 28, 2016

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by omonnakoda: 11:05am On Nov 28, 2016
EMPTY NOISEMAKER
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by omonnakoda: 11:13am On Nov 28, 2016
Standing5:
omonnakoda, please don't run away oooohhh
So who is running now?

Empty barrel!!

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Standing5(m): 11:19am On Nov 28, 2016
omonnakoda:

No the USA does not use one single power grid so please do not come back with any whingeing about how the examples are "exceptions" because from the get go I made it very clear why this could not be possible. i.e Geography and terrain.

Let us start with Alaska. Is Alaska connected to your so called "ONE SINGLE POWER GRID"

YES OR NO Please

What about Hawaii

Yes or No please

Can I hear a Yes or No for Texas please
You are irredeemably stupid and arrogant. Keep shifting ground and topic ehn. I have no more time for mørøns like you. As a parting shot
What Alaska has in an interconnection. Without a connected grid there will be no need for interconnection, mørøn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by omonnakoda: 11:20am On Nov 28, 2016
Standing5:
You are irredeemably stupid and arrogant. Keep shifting ground and topic ehn. I have no more time for mørøns like you. As a parting shot
What Alaska has in an interconnection. Without a connected grid there will be no need for interconnection, mørøn
Calling people stupid is a sign you are winning the argument. You are very smart and intelligent ,kudos.Keep it coming
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Standing5(m): 11:23am On Nov 28, 2016
omonnakoda:
So who is running now?

Empty barrel!!
Your problem goes beyond ignorance and arrogance. Comprehension is part of it.
These "Interconnection" are to where please? Interconnection without connection . . . Lol.
Stupid boy. . .

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Standing5(m): 11:27am On Nov 28, 2016
Standing5:
If you know jack about power system and have been observing for some years now, you will realize that consumers who have green source (solar and wind) are allowed to sell their excess power back into the grid. What this means is that if you succed in selling back some power into the power grid it reads your meter value backward/down or store the total power sold for those who don't depend on power inflow from the national grid any longer.
You call this post irrelevant?
Chai . . . . you are irredeemably ignorant and arrogant.

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by omonnakoda: 11:30am On Nov 28, 2016
Standing5:
Your problem goes beyond ignorance and arrogance. Comprehension is part of it.
These "Interconnection" are to where please? Interconnection without connection . . . Lol.
Stupid boy. . .
Clever Man show us what you made of it is quite enthralling
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by ASL33: 12:02pm On Nov 28, 2016
StOla:

A minister is an administrator.

The only ministry that requires a member of same vocation is ministry of justice because the minister doubles as attorney general. A doctor cannot argue government's case in court or give legal interpretation of a judgement as an attorney general would do.

A Minister of Health is never required to examine a patient or carry out medical examination, perform a surgery or dispense drugs.

A Minister of Works is never required to design engineering plans or structures or tools. Neither is he/she required to operate equipment.

A minister is a political administrator for the ministry. Any governor who has managed a state where such ministries exist and were functional during his tenure, is more than qualified to handle such ministry as the direct administrator.

Overcome your ignorance.
An Engr can be an administrator as well. In such a case he rolls his admin shirt and take up spanner or any other equipment necessary.
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Standing5(m): 12:21pm On Nov 28, 2016
omonnakoda:
Clever Man show us what you made of it is quite enthralling
? ?
Ok?
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by neyobills: 1:30pm On Nov 28, 2016
StOla:

I voted for buhari primarily on the promise to fight corruption. My disappointment with him is that he is too soft and slow about it, even when others think him to be tyrannical about it. By now our prisons should have been overflowing with convicts while government should be planning on building bigger prisons as there is no limit to the wonderful ability of Nigerians to abuse the financial trust their position in government conveys, either as political office holders or a civil servant in a government ministry or agency.

Whether power falls to 0MW or 250MW, it does not erase the installed capacity of the country. If the resources used to generate power becomes unobtainable, generation would fall but does it erase the fact that we now have over 5000MW installed capacity in this regime?
So a 1day shutdown to 0MW is nothing awkward, even a total power sector strike results to the same 0MW, but does not erase the installed capacity.

Even the 4000MW version 2.0 attained by Jonathan in November 2014, by February 2015 it was announced that over 2800MW was lost and only 1100+MW was available. Whether that administration returned to generating full installed capacity of 4000MW by May 2015, is unknown.

So anything can affect the generation below installed çcapacity, any vandal can sabotage the supply of the necessary resources, even reduced rainfall can result to a drop. but no generation can exceed installed capacity. This government would show us its report card at the end of 4yrs, then we would know who was a failure.

You keep on mentioning inauguration by last regime, did jonathan not complete any project inaugurated by previous regimes, yet you give him the credit?
A certain project inaugurated bt the OBJ regime was recently commissioned in the Buhari regime but apologists of the GEJ wasted administration were giving credit to GEJ saying Buhari couldn't have done it in 1yr, meanwhile it was even OBJ that kickstarted it.

The trend seems to be, what is Buhari doing, his ministers are lazy, he should have done this or done that, bla bla bla. But when the Buhari regime commissions any project, we hear the same people say it couldn't have been inaugurated by the short time Buhari regime.

So if we are this knowledgeable about the timeline required to bring about development, why are we pretending to be daft and requesting for a Japanese development in 1+ years.
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Blue3k(m): 1:53pm On Nov 28, 2016
Standing5:
Since you have decided to remain stupid and embrace ignorance arrogantly, I have to enlighten your vile spewing mind further.

USA uses one single power grid. Google it up yourself.
If you understand power systems up to 10%, you will know why every nation seeks to make his or her power grid as big as possible and thus remain interconnected.
From a generating company's perspective, a large power grid gives room for wider reach to customers. From distribution perspective, it reduces redundancy. And finally from a consumer or customer perspective, it improves competition between power gencos, and improves reliability greatly. Your level of ignorance indicates you are a customer. The arrogance level suggest you could be one of the Nnaji sympathizers.

No we don't have a single national grid. We have 3 interconnections. Theres the Texas, eastern and western. All cover different section of country. Texas built it's own in 70s.

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Standing5(m): 2:27pm On Nov 28, 2016
Blue3k:

No we don't have a single national grid. We have 3 interconnections. Theres the Texas, eastern and western. All cover different section of country. Texas built it's own in 70s.
So Texas was only electrified in the 70s? Stop being sílly boy. Interconnection impliest there is a connection.
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Blue3k(m): 2:32pm On Nov 28, 2016
Standing5:
So Texas was only electrified in the 70s? Stop being sílly boy. Interconnection impliest there is a connection.

That's not what my comment said at all. If you had reading comprehension skills you would not reply this trash. Texas built it own grid in 70s. Meaning that it separated from the two other grid to maintain its own. That doesn't mean it didn't have electricity. Texas built it's own grid because it was suffering from black outs and bow outs during time period.

Don't reply again til you read article explaining our history.

https://www.texastribune.org/2011/02/08/texplainer-why-does-texas-have-its-own-power-grid/

http://energy.gov/oe/services/electricity-policy-coordination-and-implementation/transmission-planning/recovery-act-0

Ps. Interconnection does refer to connection that's obvious. The connection spans certain area. Examples texas interconnection covers most of Texas except panhandle.

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by jimoqua: 2:44pm On Nov 28, 2016
PHCN are now sharing accumulated bills on innocent customers that pay regularly tagging it estimated bills , they will say your meter is not reading. what a fraud. They are presently doing it in my area at Ogudu
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by WeNigerDelta: 2:45pm On Nov 28, 2016
omonnakoda:
So who is running now?

Empty barrel!!

I think going by your points, you technically strengthened his argument for one national grid. Every grid in the US you mention except for Alaska and Hawaii which are not part of the mainland, cover a geographical area bigger or equivalent to the size of Nigeria.

Just thought I should point that out..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Standing5(m): 2:49pm On Nov 28, 2016
Blue3k:

That's not what my comment said at all. If you had reading comprehension skills you would not reply this trash. Texas built it own grid in 70s. Meaning that it separated from the two other grid to maintain its own. That doesn't mean it didn't have electricity. Texas built it's own grid because it was suffering from black outs and bow outs during time period.

Don't reply again til you read article explaining our history.

https://www.texastribune.org/2011/02/08/texplainer-why-does-texas-have-its-own-power-grid/
Your stupidity stems from lack of comprehension obviously.
If what you term texas Grid isn't part of Americas grid why is it connected to it?
Answer this simple question without derailing or switching monikers.
A reminder here:
Standing5:
Since you have decided to remain stupid and embrace ignorance arrogantly, I have to enlighten your vile spewing mind further.

USA uses one single power grid. Google it up yourself.
If you understand power systems up to 10%, you will know why every nation seeks to make his or her power grid as big as possible and thus remain interconnected.
From a generating company's perspective, a large power grid gives room for wider reach to customers. From distribution perspective, it reduces redundancy. And finally from a consumer or customer perspective, it improves competition between power gencos, and improves reliability greatly. Your level of ignorance indicates you are a customer. The arrogance level suggest you could be one of the Nnaji sympathizers.
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Blue3k(m): 2:50pm On Nov 28, 2016
WeNigerDelta:

I think going by your points, you technically strengthened his argument for one national grid. Every grid in the US you mention except for Alaska and Hawaii which are not part of the mainland, cover a geographical area bigger or equivalent to the size of Nigeria.

I don't think so. I feel seprete grids would be better due to fact it could speed up development and reduce cost of transmission. Then start using smart grid technology. The one grid model failed so I propose it's time for new solution.
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Blue3k(m): 2:53pm On Nov 28, 2016
Standing5:
Your stupidity stems from lack of comprehension obviously.
If what you term texas Grid isn't part of Americas grid why is it connected to it?
Answer this simple question without derailing or switching monikers.

What are you talking about you illiterate. It is part of America grid because Texas is part of America. The interconnection covers texas. The interconnections cover different parts of nation read the link instead of trying to defend bad point to heal your ego.

Texas interconnection is seprete from eastern and western. Hence why it has its own rules governin it.

http://energy.gov/oe/services/electricity-policy-coordination-and-implementation/transmission-planning/recovery-act-0

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Standing5(m): 2:56pm On Nov 28, 2016
WeNigerDelta:

Are you minding that dude. Once a grid is connected to another, it becomes one with all other interconnected grids. This guy switching moniker doesn't even know or understand jack about electrical power transmission. Imagine he doesn't know the jnb of transformers.
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Standing5(m): 2:59pm On Nov 28, 2016
Blue3k:

What are you talking about you illiterate. It is part of America grid because Texas is part of America. The interconnection covers texas. The interconnections cover different parts of nation read the link instead of trying to defend bad point to heal your ego.

Texas interconnection is seprete from eastern and western. Hence why it has its own rules governin it.

Stupid, interconnection does not cover area, it links smaller units of an entity to form a larger unit of same. Answer the question I asked and stop posting irrelevant articles beyond your comprehension.
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Blue3k(m): 3:00pm On Nov 28, 2016
Standing5:
Are you minding that dude. Once a grid is connected to another, it becomes one with all other interconnected grids. This guy switching moniker doesn't even know or understand jack about electrical power transmission. Imagine he doesn't know the jnb of transformers.

Stop embarrassing yourself. Saying it's all 1 single power grid. It's written in plain language saying that's not.

"North America is comprised of two major and three minor alternating current (AC) power grids or “interconnections.” The Eastern Interconnection reaches from Central Canada Eastward to the Atlantic coast (excluding Québec), South to Florida and West to the foot of the Rockies (excluding most of Texas). "

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Standing5(m): 3:07pm On Nov 28, 2016
Blue3k:

Stop embarrassing yourself. Saying it's all 1 single power grid. It's written in plain language saying that's not.

"North America is comprised of two major and three minor alternating current (AC) power grids or “interconnections.” The Eastern Interconnection reaches from Central Canada Eastward to the Atlantic coast (excluding Québec ), South to Florida and West to the foot of the Rockies (excluding most of Texas). "

North America or US? Lol . . .
You are irredeemable even with varying monikers. Stupidity cuts across monikers. . . . Chai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Standing5(m): 3:11pm On Nov 28, 2016
Blue3k, This is how wikipedia introduces Quebec: Quebec is second most populous province in Canada . . .
Ignorance and arrogance rolled in one is worrying you.

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by omonnakoda: 3:12pm On Nov 28, 2016
WeNigerDelta:

Your logic is weak . It does not strengthen or weaken his argument if truly you understand logic or indeed what is going on here.
I am not trying to "weaken" his argument just subject it to scrutiny. I asked if there is a Divine law that we must have one grid.
I ask
Why must we have one grid? and he says

Standing5:
a connected grid is the right step to follow and every nation has it.

He has not told us WHY all he has said is EVERY NATION HAS IT

Which I have thoroughly debunked. Do not forget I also said
omonnakoda:
I don't accept that.
You have not given REASONS WHY it is the so called RIGHT STEP
Geography and terrain would determine whether it is reasonable. I have not checked but I doubt very much that a country as large as the USA and such like would have a connected grid. Power is lost as it travels so a connected grid over a large area would only waste power.

Other factors like terrain,climate and security would all conspire to make that unrealistic.

If you believe it is the RIGHT STEP please tell us WHY

One good reason why it is a superior choice to 4 or 6 separate grids

He has not made the claim that the geographical size of Nigeria is his argument unless YOU want to NOW do so on his behalf.
So in reality we have not ARGUED that reasoning at all though I did mention size ,it is not the only consideration,I mentioned security maybe that escaped you and I mentioned terrain but since he has not attempted to debate those points I left them unless you are him pretending to be someone else, The truth is he has not made the argument of size that you are crediting him with but if he did my point was never that we could not have one grid but with his argument that WE MUST AND THAT IS THE ONLY SENSIBLE WAY.

That was his argument if you comprehended what you have been reading

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Blue3k(m): 3:15pm On Nov 28, 2016
Standing5:
You are irredeemable even with varying monikers. Stupidity cuts across monikers. . . . Chai

Your lost already a simple look at picture tell you facts.

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Standing5(m): 3:16pm On Nov 28, 2016
omonnakoda:

Your logic is weak . It does not strengthen or weaken his argument if truly you understand logic or indeed what is going on here.
I am not trying to "weaken" his argument just subject it to scrutiny. I asked if there is a Divine law that we must have one grid.
I ask

He has not made the claim that the geographical size of Nigeria is his argument unless YOU want to NOW do so on his behalf.
So in reality we have not ARGUED that reasoning at all though I did mention size ,it is not the only consideration,I mentioned security maybe that escaped you and I mentioned terrain but since he has not attempted to debate those points I left them unless you are him pretending to be someone else, The truth is he has not made the argument of size that you are crediting him with but if he did my point was never that we could not have one grid but with his argument that WE MUST AND THAT IS THE ONLY SENSIBLE WAY.

Switching moniker the third time? I will always own your ass . . . . Game on
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Blue3k(m): 3:18pm On Nov 28, 2016
Standing5:

Your lost already a simple look at picture tell you facts. Read the link instead of clowning. The usa has 3 grids as link says. The usa is part of north america and grids cover 3 parts.

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Standing5(m): 3:20pm On Nov 28, 2016
omonnakoda:

I ask

I implicitly made that when I hinted that grid suppose to be large. Let me dig it out . . .
Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by omonnakoda: 3:32pm On Nov 28, 2016
Standing5:
I implicitly made that when I hinted that grid suppose to be large. Let me dig it out . . .
Well if you now want to make that point fine. What you did say was all countries have ONE GRID do you accept that is not true?

As far as Nigeria is concerned I asked you why we cannot have 4 or 6 why MUST we have one in fact I highlighted the "WHY" you were not forthcoming. I have not argued that we cannot have only one I asked why MUST we have only one. We have peculiar security challenges and difficult terrain especially in the Niger Delta so you convince us why we MUST have only one grid.

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by Blue3k(m): 3:33pm On Nov 28, 2016
Standing5:

You must have a reading disability if you can't look read short links that show America has 3 power interconnections aka grid. Please for the everyone's sanity just admit there's 3 grids. The qoute below and picture clearly say there's 3 grids. The picture shows the breakdown. Stop clowning already.

"Pursuant to Title IV of the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act (2009), the Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability is helping to strengthen the capabilities for long-term analysis and planning in the three interconnections serving the lower 48 United States."

http://energy.gov/oe/services/electricity-policy-coordination-and-implementation/transmission-planning/recovery-act

1 Like

Re: Sango, The god Of Lightening, Can't Produce 1KW Of Electricity - Fashola Says by omonnakoda: 3:34pm On Nov 28, 2016
Blue3k:

You must have a reading disability if you can't look read short links that show America has 3 power interconnections aka grid. Please for the everyone's sanity just admit there's 3 grids. The qoute below and picture clearly say there's 3 grids. The picture shows the breakdown. Stop clowning already.

"Pursuant to Title IV of the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act (2009), the Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability is helping to strengthen the capabilities for long-term analysis and planning in the three interconnections serving the lower 48 United States."

http://energy.gov/oe/services/electricity-policy-coordination-and-implementation/transmission-planning/recovery-act

He would rather die grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

'Revolution Now' Organizers Release 'Rules Of Engagement' For Protest / Orji Uzor Kalu Visits Chris Oyakhilome At His Residence (Photos) / Buhari's Certificate With The Nigerian Army - Senator Afikuyomi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.